Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Fozzy to sign for preston today !

To be fair in his first game for us I thought he was outstanding!! since his injury he has never been the same. Yet another player that the club stood by through injury and then turned out to be a flop.

Excellent news one giant flop down just another huge dissappointment to cull out of the squad. KEEP GOING GUNNING at this rate I could be playing before the end of the season!!!

Not he best but not the worst either.I have seen him havesome good games but he is inconsistent.he does not deserve the abuse and will be pleased to get away,bet he will not be in league 1 next season!

He is sh*t.And Gunny all but confirmed he''s off to Preston tomorrow in his post-match interview! =DHappy days, f*ck off fotheringham you useless....Gotta love Preston - we sign someone sh*t, and eventually they take them off us - Jarret, Brown, and now FotheringSHAM.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]look where they are though?! i don''t get it, they''ve got some well dodgy players in their ranks!
[/quote]

Yes they do. But equally so, they have some very good Championship players. Neil Mellor is a good striker. Sean St Ledger and Mawene are top defenders in this league. Chaplow is a player I''ve always admired and Jon Parkin is the sort of lad who would give John Hartson a run for fattest player, but uses that to his advantage.  

Ultimately - although we can hold out some hope that this frees up wages for a Ched or someone similar, it''s most likely an attitudinal decision. Gunny might be showing a bit of nouse here? He''s man managing, which is more than could be said of the previous boss eh? Fozz was becoming a mill stone on and off the pitch. If last night''s anything to go by then we''re best off loaning him out for now.

His performances have been variable and he could have stayed a reasonable championship squad player, but his reaction to our relegation plight and being subbed on Sat is incredible. Instead of rolling his sleeves up, rallying the troops as a good captain should, he''s flounced off like the spoilt overpaid ponce he obviously is. The modern footballer ey. F*ck off and don''t come back.

Im hoping that if we get Fozzy off the wage bill (he must be on a fair bit seeing as he was captain and GR loved him) then we can maybe bring in a replacement.

[quote user="Duffman"]Im hoping that if we get Fozzy off the wage bill (he must be on a fair bit seeing as he was captain and GR loved him) then we can maybe bring in a replacement.
[/quote]

Rumour pre-season was that Charlton offered him 2k a week more than us but he stayed because he was captain and fairly certain of a game, although he only signed for one season to see how things went. Funny how things change.

I think he''s another example of the type of player we''ve signed in the past few years. The ability is there but the consistency is lacking, and from there the confidence drains away.

I don''t think we''re better off without him in footballing terms neccesarily, but the one positive thing is that things have moved quickly and a divisive element between supporters and management has been removed. Plus he will be a good reduction on the wage budget. Altogether I think it''s for the best.

fozzy offers alot to norwich when on top of his game, unfortunately he has been unfairly made the scapegoat for our whole demise this season and his confidence has been smashed. i can really see him flourish at a well run succesful club like preston.

fozzy was a big reason why we stayed up last year, people forget so easily. good luck fozzy shove it down the throats of those who constantly slam you.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

fozzy offers alot to norwich when on top of his game, unfortunately he has been unfairly made the scapegoat for our whole demise this season and his confidence has been smashed. i can really see him flourish at a well run succesful club like preston.

fozzy was a big reason why we stayed up last year, people forget so easily. good luck fozzy shove it down the throats of those who constantly slam you.

[/quote]

I think Foz is a decent ish player but you''re giving him too much credit there.

Foz is one of those midfield players,of which City have had dozens in the last 10 yrs. I''m talking about people who do a lot of huffing and puffing,make a lot of reasonably accurate sideways/backwards passes,but when put under any sort of pressure to make a telling ball,give it away.

Having seen a bit of Swiss football,I was always unsure how someone who was failing to get into a VERY mediocre Swiss team was going to cut the mustard at Championship level.

PNE must have more money than sense. 

[:|]Excerpts from his CV - not exactly impressive. If he''s one of the highest paid at Carrow Rd, then I can understand a few faces out of joint. These links to old  articles open in the current web page. Dates not given but possible to work them out from his age.http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11787_2274365,00.html

(Dundee - Jim Duffy)

"It was a hard decision, and, as the gaffer said, Martin O''Neill was

reluctant to let me go"

Former Celtic midfielder Mark Fotheringham has been handed

an opportunity to earn a contract at Southampton.

The 22-year-old has struggled at German side Freiburg since joining from

Dundee and is expected to leave the Badenova Stadion during the summer.

Fotheringham has a year remaining on his contract with the Bundesliga Zwei

outfit but has been allowed to search for a new club.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2384680,00.html

Leeds United have handed a trial to Newcastle United full back Robbie

Elliott.

He featured in The Whites'' pre-season friendly against Hartlepool.

Joining Elliott in the line-up against Pools was former Celtic midfielder

Mark Fotheringham.

The 22-year-old has already trained with Leeds'' Championship rivals

Southampton in pre-season and is now trying to earn a contract at Elland

Road.

Fotheringham is currently on the books of German outfit Freiburg, who he

joined last summer, and he has 12 months remaining on his deal.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3580656,00.html

Norwich skipper Mark Fotheringham claims Charlton are

interested in signing him.

"I think Alan Pardew is interested, yes," Fotheringham told the Pink''Un. "And

there are a number of SPL teams as well."

I get the distinct feeling that a lot of harsh things were said about and to Fotheringham in the dressing room after the game, judging by comments from Gunny and some of the players. Not to mention the reaction of some of Fozzy''s team mates during the game.

My bet is that he didn''t like the level of criticism that was aimed at him and decided to take up a prior loan offer from Preston and will probably end up there on a permanent in June. All that''s being discussed now is the details of the agreement