Sign in to follow this  
ForeverYellow

F*** Off Marshall

Yes he has made good saves and maybe won us a few games. But i would rather see him flogged for 1.5 million and we play Rudd in goal. Marshalls arrogance was also shown today when he made gestures to the crowd after the game(not sure what kind of gesture though). His kicking is awful and recently he has cost us points, i also felt he could have done better with Blakes shot which led up to Burnley scoring their equaliser.

[quote user="ForeverYellow"]

Yes he has made good saves and maybe won us a few games. But i would rather see him flogged for 1.5 million and we play Rudd in goal. Marshalls arrogance was also shown today when he made gestures to the crowd after the game(not sure what kind of gesture though). His kicking is awful and recently he has cost us points, i also felt he could have done better with Blakes shot which led up to Burnley scoring their equaliser.

[/quote]

"F**k off Marshall"? How constructive. Playing an inexperienced youth team keeper instead of him is just what the doctor ordered given our current situation. Marshall is a good keeper. He''s made some mistakes, but he''s got the quality that we need in the relegation struggle. Saying "f**k off" about him is rather stupid.

[quote user="ForeverYellow"]

when he made gestures to the crowd after the game(not sure what kind of gesture though).

[/quote]Says it all

What a stupid post.  Assume you had been on the ale when you made this one, Foreveryellow

What the point of him rushing a kick,  the goal kick that created most ofthe noise at the end he faced 10 backs of citys shirts so no one was ready for  him,  and when in his hand earlier he knew he wouldnt find killen,  and evenif he did killen would not have won or retained the ball!

I do think Marshall took a lot of unnecessary flack yesterday.

There is some merit to this post if not put across  very well. I would happily see Marshall sold and Rudd brought into the frst team but not until next season. This is not the time to replace the keeper with a young untried keeper at this level. The last time we did this was when Gunny was injured against Forest and we used the young and untried Andy Marshall instead of getting in an experienced replacement. And we all know what happened that season......

I didn''t see any gestures made by him to the crowd but if he did then it was truely rightful of him. The way Marshall was treated yesterday was unanceptable in our current fight for relegation. The crowd moaning at him nearly cost us the game in the last few minutes!! You forget that it is only the players that can keep us up now. Can''t see it happening though! Yes he makes mistakes but doesn''t everyone. Im sure you''ve made a few in your life time, getting on the back of players at this crucial stage is one crucial mistake!!!

We will never get 1.5 million for any of our players. The administraors will sell them all for whatever they are offered

I didn''t see any gestures made by him to the crowd He just turned to the barclay and shrugged his shoulders.I think he''s been an exellent keeper for us, but has made too many mistakes this season. Whats the point on having Stuart Nelson, thier to put pressure on Marshy, if when Marshy''s form drops he knows he''s still going to play? Give Nelson a game, show Marshall he needs to buck his ideas up, plus we need to see Nelson in action if (in all likely hood) he''s going to be first choice next year.

Just seen Burnleys goal on the Championship, looks to me that the defence should have reacted quicker (the usual suspects).

its no good getting on marshalls back to get it up the field when there is no one up there because the rest of the team are trotting out of defence with no urgency whatsover i think that is what the shrug of the shoulders was about.. as for yesterdays goal i agree very poor indeed  it was straight at him and he presented it on a plate  to thompson  [:D]

Rubbish goalkeeper. Rubbish. Has cost us two more points yesterday. Him and Cureton have to be the two biggest reasons we are where we are. Harsh, but true.

We haven''t got anybody else unfortunately.  Marshall is certainly inconsistent, but he''s the best we''ve have.

marshall is a fine keeperhe has been inconsistant, but who else hasnt!!!!yesterday, we lost cort up top and lost all aerial battles after that, and for marshy to aimlessly hoof it, he would of been slandered on here.as far as im concerne, sithout him we would be thoroughly screwed, its the defence causing the problems, he is just getting the flak.

As already pointed out, Marshall has saved us many more points this season than he has lost us.  I think he''s just going through a bad spell, all goalkeepers have them, just when a team is doing well it''s not noticed but when a team is''nt it''s just used as a scapegoat.  Picking on Marshall really won''t help our current plight, backing him at the games might though.

[quote user="JTG"]Rubbish goalkeeper. Rubbish. Has cost us two more points yesterday. Him and Cureton have to be the two biggest reasons we are where we are. Harsh, but true.[/quote]Seriously how was the goal his fault? The defense had about 6 chances to put a foot in but just backed off, the only thing wrong with Marshall is that he takes too much time and his kicking is suspect but rarely do any Norwich players challenge for a header.

What may not have helped him either is that he''s had at least 3 goalkeeping coaches over the last couple of years (4 if you count Gunn''s caretaker role in the position).  Its not the absolute reason for his inconsistency, but it must have had an effect.

Marshall could of done beter with the shot he parried which led to Burnleys equalizer but then again it was a stinging shot and our defence didn''t react to the loose ball quick enough!

But Nelson was only signed to fill the bench up and cause they knew he''d come cause he couldn''t get a 1st team place at anywhere above Confernece level!

Rudds good but not ready for the 1st team!

Marshall overall has been good value this season but has made a few  mistakes lately that could cost us oh so dear at the end of the season!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Mr Marshall has been talking to the Scottish Sunday Mail:

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/english-football/2009/02/22/joining-norwich-has-made-me-a-better-keeper-says-ex-celtic-no-1-david-marshall-78057-21143334/

[/quote]

Thanks for that Cam.

For anyone who''s interested there''s a bit about Bryan Gunn on the same page but it''s the same old regurgitated stuff most will have already read.

While I''m certainly not a fan of Marshall and think he has made quite a lot of errors, I don''t think now is the time to be blooding a young keeper who has never played. Yes we could try Nelson but then if he was that great hisprevious club wouldn''t have released him. Marshall has made some great saves and I think he has to keep his place really....I''m all for selling him at the end of the season but I don''t think now is the time to drop him....!!

one thing i have noticed is his complete disregard for supporters...

when he comes out before the game kiks off or after half time he doesn''t applaud the fans or acknowledge them in any way... he drinks from his bottle then turns round and slouches his way around the penalty area....

Watch his body Language next saturday.... its clear he doesn''t want to be here... lets give him what he wants in the summer then.. splinters up his arse from sitting on the bench at another club....

jas :)

[quote user="Dr. Downs"][quote user="JTG"]Rubbish goalkeeper. Rubbish. Has cost us two more points yesterday. Him and Cureton have to be the two biggest reasons we are where we are. Harsh, but true.
[/quote]

Seriously how was the goal his fault?

The defense had about 6 chances to put a foot in but just backed off, the only thing wrong with Marshall is that he takes too much time and his kicking is suspect but rarely do any Norwich players challenge for a header.

[/quote]

i''m more critical than anyone else of Marshall but i will defend him here.. he couldn''t do much about the goal with our static defence.

I''ld have a Tony Warner type come in on loan. Worst it can do is put pressure on Marshall.

The point of signing Nelson? Don''t think anybody can actually justify it.

I think the main problem is that he knows he will be in the team no matter what, right now I would have Gunny in there - even if it was just to see him header the bar!

The OP is far to abusive for my liking however I understand where he/she is coming from. Marshall did make some sort of gesture towards the crowd in the Barclay at the end of the game, and his final goal kick was poor, luckily he was not punished in the same manner as the Bristol City game. For the numpty having a go at the crowd for urging him to get rid of the ball quicker, we were/are in desperate need of 3 points, the clock was running down and for me he did no show enough urgency in getting rid of the ball.

I''m not about to slate him or his keeping as it''s a tough job and you do notice mistakes more (there are far worse "players" in the team at present but they can get away with it) but the gesture irked me more for what it stood for.

He did give the "WTF" arms out gesture at the end after some of the crowd had booed. His reaction was one of total "come on, we tried our best, what more do you want?" - which in part is fair enough. BUT that just masks the problem that I genuinely think the players believe that as long as they do their best that''s enough and I can picture them all driving home thinking "I did all alright today".

He/they need to realise that anything less than a win is not good enough right now. I don''t think we have a chance until they get it - and I don''t think they''ll get it any time soon.

I do, in some parts, agree with ForeverYellows original post. I think the gesture at the end was towards the booing fans, he seemed a bit miffed at the response.

Being a former Goalkeeper myself I do find myself studying him when he is at the Barclay End (please note....not in a sexual way!!)

When I was training I was always told that the 18yard box was mine and I was to control it, the back four were under my control, to shout at the top of my lungs and make it clear what I wanted doing and my intensions, to "Gee Up" the players, make myself big and make sure any cross that comes into that 6 yard box got to my hands!!! If I didn''t comply with what I was taught I would get a bollocking!!!!!

I would of thought Gunny would be able to pick up on Marshalls weakness (which seems to be all the major points of Goalkeeping!!)

The guy is silent, slouches back onto the pitch as if he has been smoking weed at half time, is not confident on crosses or kicking, does not command his area, waves his arms around at nothing, is too slow,spends alot of time spitting on his gloves and doesn''t give any bit of encouragement..........................................................What does he actually do well????? Apart from be a good shot stopper when he wants. That alone does not make a good goalkeeper.

Get rid of him or give him some proper training!!!

Thankyou

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Dr. Downs"][quote user="JTG"]Rubbish goalkeeper. Rubbish. Has cost us two more points yesterday. Him and Cureton have to be the two biggest reasons we are where we are. Harsh, but true.[/quote]Seriously how was the goal his fault? The defense had about 6 chances to put a foot in but just backed off, the only thing wrong with Marshall is that he takes too much time and his kicking is suspect but rarely do any Norwich players challenge for a header.

[/quote]

i''m more critical than anyone else of Marshall but i will defend him here.. he couldn''t do much about the goal with our static defence.

[/quote]Wrong, he should have either held on to the original shot or palmed it to safety. It really wasn''t struck that hard, was straight at him and at a comfortable height. No reason why he shouldn''t have caught it.