Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Norwich to appeal doc red card

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Well to me its looked a good tackle.[/quote]

Yup I would agree, watched it several times in the LB and again yesterday morning on TV, Doc got his foot to the ball first.

I am glad they are appealing.

I was too far away to see, but so was D''arsole he couldn''t have had a clear view of it.

So, did the assistant Ref give it?

The club must be fairly sure they have got good grounds for appeal, if so can we have their penalty chalked off and the game replayed, as this is an admission that the Ref got it wrong.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]the league will uphold the red card and extend the ban for appealing[/quote]

Is that your professional reffing opinion?  I''m sorry I must have missed your tenure as top reffing opinion maker [:D][;)]

The trouble is Doc played the ball into the defenders other foot, If he had played it cleanly and it had rolled away from Adebola he would have had a good indication that the ball was played. I don''t think this will be overturned but if it is it won''t do us much good in the long run, we still lost the game whilst down to 10 men for 45 minutes

Does this appeal mean he can play on Saturday?

I''m sure I heard that Shaun Wright-Phillips played for Man City on Saturday after being banned for kicking out against Delap cos they have appealed it?

I know its not exactly the same cos SWP wasnt sent off but maybe if the league delay in making a decision it could be purely so Doc can play on Saturday, giving us a bit more time to work on the Davies deal?

In my opinion Doc should have been given the benefit of the doubt. The ball was clearly diverted and there''s no way D''Urso could be certain it was a foul. I think he was influenced by the linesman who couldn''t wait to get his flag up despite being some distance away.

the problem is the technique doc uses to tackle. he looks so unorthodox and clumsy when diving in that he makes it look far worse then what it is. At the forest game earlier in the season i thought he had killed the player and it was such a stone wall penalty, but looking at the replay he did just touch the ball and didnt look anywhere near as bed then from the view i had in the ground.

[quote user="JimboRoyle"]In my opinion Doc should have been given the benefit of the doubt. The ball was clearly diverted and there''s no way D''Urso could be certain it was a foul. I think he was influenced by the linesman who couldn''t wait to get his flag up despite being some distance away.
[/quote]

And if they study the dvd at great lengths they may even see how much of a pilloc D''Urso is, How many have signed the petition to get rid of him I have also just posted a letter of protest on behalf of the football fans  to Keith Hacket. 

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

I was too far away to see, but so was D''arsole he couldn''t have had a clear view of it.

The club must be fairly sure they have got good grounds for appeal, if so can we have their penalty chalked off and the game replayed, as this is an admission that the Ref got it wrong.

[/quote]the lineo waved his flag then put it across his chest..long b4 andy asshole blew his wistle...i thought doc got a bit of the ball b4 he got adebola

[quote user="eagle"]

Does this appeal mean he can play on Saturday?

I''m sure I heard that Shaun Wright-Phillips played for Man City on Saturday after being banned for kicking out against Delap cos they have appealed it?

I know its not exactly the same cos SWP wasnt sent off but maybe if the league delay in making a decision it could be purely so Doc can play on Saturday, giving us a bit more time to work on the Davies deal?

[/quote]

The hearing is tomorrow so i doubt it

I''ve watched it three or four times now and he does clearly play the ball with his left foot. Though from the Ref''s position I can see why it was given.

The tackle looks clumsy, as Doc usually does, but it was legal....if you want my opinion.

D'' Arsehole did look delighted to be able to make this decision. He ran forward with great alacrity, as though he''d just been offered a billion pounds by some generous benefactor.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]D'' Arsehole did look delighted to be able to make this decision. He ran forward with great alacrity, as though he''d just been offered a billion pounds by some generous benefactor.[/quote]

Agreed. For such a tough decision his card was out ridiculously quickly.

To be fair to Duuuuurso it was a split second decision to make and it did look like a foul, I thought it was anyway and I''m a Doc and Canaries fan!

Hopefully the panel will sense, watch the replays and realise the error and save the Doc from more punishment!

Hopefully they''ll also look at the whole game and see that Duuuuuurso is a cr*p ref!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]D'' Arsehole did look delighted to be able to make this decision. He ran forward with great alacrity, as though he''d just been offered a billion pounds by some generous benefactor.[/quote]

Agreed. For such a tough decision his card was out ridiculously quickly.

[/quote]It wasn''t a tough decision though. Doc denied an obvious goal scoring chance, as soon as the foul was given the red card had to follow. Giving the red card was an easy decision after the foul was given

BCFC fan here

I thought it was a clear pen when i first saw it and after watching it again i cant make my mind up, one angle it looks as if Docherty has got the ball and from another camera shot it looks as if Dele has just touched the ball away from him and then been taken out.  I know its hard to swallow but i dont think the ref can be blamed for this one as im certain 99/100 refs would have done the same.  For what its worth i also think the orr incedent was a stonewall pen and i would be furious if that had not been given to us.

I dont expect docherty to get off of this.

[quote user="JimRoyle"]I was watching from the Barclay Stand, which is admittedly at the other end of the pitch, but I had a good view of the trajectory of the ball and my first thought was "Great tackle" and I was astonished and dismayed when D''Urso got his card out.
[/quote]

Same here, I was half way up in block C of The Barclay Upper and I could see the ball change course clearly enough when the Doc made his tackle, however I wasn''t dismayed when D''Urso sent him off, just for the fact that he''s a useless pillock.

Had this been a televised game with one of the big four then I''m sure after a million slow motion replays and a public witch hunt by the offended club, then I''m sure it would have been overturned before the ref had even got his report in... as it stands I doubt the incident will even be reviewed by video and I''m sure the FA wil do sweet fa as per usual.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]I looked straight to the lino after the tackle and he was about ten yards behind play.  In my opinion unless the ref has a decent view (which Hitler Jnr didnt) and the lino is up with play (which he wasnt) unless its a blatant handball/ hack then you cant give the desicion. Glad we are appealing, bet Hitler will be pissed of though although he didnt enough to stop us getting owt out of the game so it wont make too much difference to his week

I thought Docs last ditch tackling has greatly improved, as has his control of situations in tight areas.

Either way, looked a good challenge to me, but I doubt it will be wiped off, and Norwich will probably be slapped another games fine for appealing (thats what usually happens isnt it?)

Basically, Adebola is running TOWARDS the goal with the ball, and the ball is seen rolling AWAY from the goal when the players are on the floor. Did Doc get man before ball? No.

Video clearly shows Doc got the ball first contrary to what I thought I saw on Saturday. Just shows how difficult it is to get those split second decisions right. I don''t blame Durso for that decision but he blame him for the rest of them.

I still think they won''t overturn Perverso''s decision. In that respect they are as perverse as he is.

What we could do with is somebody on the Football League board to lobby our case and put a bit of ''behind the scenes'' support in place for the Doc like any other Club would do given the chance.  Step forward Neil Doncaster.[:S]

Doc did his job as a defender, getting his foot to the ball to stop the attacker scoring.  The fact the attacker then fell over is immaterial.  Or have we got to the stage where defenders aren''t allowed to defend any more?

just watched it like 20 times on sky plus. don''t think the doc did touch the ball adebola nicks the ball away just before doc makes contact. thats why it looks like he touches it adebola takes it in the direction that the ball would have deviated had the ginger pele got there first! may well end up 3 games instead of 2!

on another note regarding our penalty shout, maybe drury should do the defender for assault!

[quote user="braham"]just watched it like 20 times on sky plus. don''t think the doc did touch the ball adebola nicks the ball away just before doc makes contact. thats why it looks like he touches it adebola takes it in the direction that the ball would have deviated had the ginger pele got there first! may well end up 3 games instead of 2! on another note regarding our penalty shout, maybe drury should do the defender for assault![/quote]

I post this with some trepidation.  A friend who is a ref in Conference/League Two/lino League One (if your doomsayers are right you might meet him).  He is only 24 but says: "I''ve slow mo''d it.  I would flag it as a penalty as a lino and if up with play would have as a ref.  It''s a take out tackle for me - it fells the player and gives him no chance of going after the ball whoever diverts it.  The attacker is taken out of the process.  Impeding play I would say.  They could get away with it on appeal, will depend on the panel but, yes, I would have flagged or given it as a ref.  You have to give what you think at the moment.  Looking at it I would have given it.  It''s not a blatant unfair tackle, it''s a through the legs tackle which doesn''t matter outside the area.  It''s a pro tackle 50-50 risk but inside the area the attacker not only loses the ball whatever touch but is then taken out from recovery for regaining it - the keeper would come out and snap the ball out.

"Straight red card and penalty for me."[+o(]

Can''t see the decision being reversed - our home stadium isn''t Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Emirates or Anfield....