Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

BREAKING NEWS!!!

FFS does the board really live on another planet to the supporters?

If they appoint him, i''m never going back til they have gone!

They are completely and utterly stupid! I could use stronger language but it will get me banned!

If the board are worried about empty seats then they are going to guarantee them if Worthington gets back in charge.I echo others remarks that they cannot be serious about this.Thank God the Irish FA have turned Norwich down.If getting Worthy back is Delias idea of appeasing fans then she has obviously been back on the sauce.When are they going to learn?

[quote user="Bigus"]

New time, new players.

[/quote]

Same old board. 

They failed to back him with cash after we got relegated.  We started the next season with the smallest squad in the Championship.  They hid behind him for as long as they could while the fans made him a scapegoat, then hung him out to dry in the most publicly humiliating way possible.  Why the hell would he want to come back?

If he was Delia''s friend I wouldn''t like to imagine how she treats her enemies.

If the board went I''d welcome him back.

how the frig does one listen to the scrimmage online?im on the bbc page and it refers me to iplayer but i cant ''listen again''just cant find it.help please

I''m hoping that this is a small piece of a much bigger picture and that it''s not just Worthy the board have sought permission to speak to, because if this was the best they could come up with then we are in much more trouble than any of us imagined.

You know my views on the board.  Yet even I struggle to believe they''ve done this. 

You don''t suppose it''s that naughty little SuperWes on another windup?  After all he had us going about Carl Moore paying off Roeder''s contract.  I wouldn''t put it past him to ring up the N Ireland FA pretending to be Neil Doncaster . . . [:D]

[quote user="whoareyou"]

They are completely and utterly stupid! I could use stronger language but it will get me banned!

[/quote]2nd that

Worthy returning - even as caretaker - would be a nightmare.

More crazy tactics, weird gobbledegook press conferences, bizarre substitutions, players played out of position, "favourites" played ahead of obvious choices.

Remind you of anyone?

Wow.  Just wow.  I mean - I stood up for the bloke while he was here, I felt he had a rough deal from the fans and wasn''t supported as much as he could be by the board with money, but, just wow.

It never works - going back, does it ?

Why oh why did I expect anything different??  The manager may have been sacked, and we await the new appointment, but the board clearly remains as inept as before the Roedent was sacked.

I am absolutely gobsmacked by this approach, and my overnight enthusiasm and optimism is dying fast.  I have every intention of doing what has been requested, and attending on Saturday to get behind the team, and hope they can get us out of this mess.

I am sure the majority of loyal NC fans, just want something from the board to inspire them, and give them some optimism for the future.  I now have to ask the question as to the thought process behind the sacking of Roedent.  Was it due to the fact that they at last realise the disillusionment of the fans, or was it more to do with the fact that ST renwals will be posted in the coming week?

I suspect that their intention was to appoint Worthy until the end of the season on a temporary contract, leaving the fans to believe a new man would be appointed in the summer, and on that basis the fans would renew.

As you can see my trust in them and their methods are at rock bottom, and if the scenario above is enacted then that will be the end of the two season tickets in our household.  We are continually told that there is no money at the club, and yet they are looking at employing managers who are already employed and would require payments of compensation to the clubs or FA''s that hold their contracts, unbelievable.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Why oh why did I expect anything different??  The manager may have been sacked, and we await the new appointment, but the board clearly remains as inept as before the Roedent was sacked.

I am absolutely gobsmacked by this approach, and my overnight enthusiasm and optimism is dying fast.  I have every intention of doing what has been requested, and attending on Saturday to get behind the team, and hope they can get us out of this mess.

I am sure the majority of loyal NC fans, just want something from the board to inspire them, and give them some optimism for the future.  I now have to ask the question as to the thought process behind the sacking of Roedent.  Was it due to the fact that they at last realise the disillusionment of the fans, or was it more to do with the fact that ST renwals will be posted in the coming week?

I suspect that their intention was to appoint Worthy until the end of the season on a temporary contract, leaving the fans to believe a new man would be appointed in the summer, and on that basis the fans would renew.

As you can see my trust in them and their methods are at rock bottom, and if the scenario above is enacted then that will be the end of the two season tickets in our household.  We are continually told that there is no money at the club, and yet they are looking at employing managers who are already employed and would require payments of compensation to the clubs or FA''s that hold their contracts, unbelievable.

[/quote]

It just confirms what we all ready know about our clueless leader, Queen D should stick to what she knows best and stay in the cafe,She realy must go now as well, she has no respect for our club or us the wage payer, WE WANT DELIA OUT WE WANT DELIA OUT

[quote user="jetstream"]Worthy returning - even as caretaker - would be a nightmare.

More crazy tactics, weird gobbledegook press conferences, bizarre substitutions, players played out of position, "favourites" played ahead of obvious choices.

Remind you of anyone?[/quote]Jim Magilton?

A blast from the past[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/fwop3q.jpg[/img][img]http://i39.tinypic.com/qqob9h.jpg[/img][img]http://i42.tinypic.com/14ioodk.jpg[/img][img]http://i44.tinypic.com/15psdpt.jpg[/img]

I go with the smoke screen theory.

Delia is still mates with Worthy, so this works out well for both Norwich and Worthy. The approach is made, but it is not serious.

This becomes the City story on the news for a day or so - giving reporters something to write about rather than chasing up rumours. It also takes a bit of pressure off preparations for Saturday - they can all have a laugh about it in training = bonding.

Worthy benefits by getting credit from some Northern Irish FA for all the work he''s done so far and gets to affirm his commitment to the national side.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="jetstream"]Worthy returning - even as caretaker - would be a nightmare. More crazy tactics, weird gobbledegook press conferences, bizarre substitutions, players played out of position, "favourites" played ahead of obvious choices. Remind you of anyone?[/quote]

Jim Magilton?
[/quote]

Rafa Benitez?  To be fair, you could pretty-much be describing any manager, from any club.  They all do weird stuff - most of the time for good reasons that we know bog-all about, and all have their favourites - every side in the country has players in it who supporters have no idea why they are there.

People do seem to forget that Worthy did take us up before he took us down.  I''d not go for him personally, but we could do worse (Holloway, for example).

[quote user="The Norwitch"]I go with the smoke screen theory.

Delia is still mates with Worthy, so this works out well for both Norwich and Worthy. The approach is made, but it is not serious.

This becomes the City story on the news for a day or so - giving reporters something to write about rather than chasing up rumours. It also takes a bit of pressure off preparations for Saturday - they can all have a laugh about it in training = bonding.

Worthy benefits by getting credit from some Northern Irish FA for all the work he''s done so far and gets to affirm his commitment to the national side.[/quote]I like the smokescreen theory, except for one teeny point. What if the Northern Ireland FA had said yes?!?!?!

whoareyou? said

My sentiments entirely. Nothing surprises me with this board any more. They live in their own little world where they can hide and pretend that everything is fine and dandy. If the collective board were a person the men in white coats would have come to take them away by now. They are in La La land.

[quote user="The Norwitch"]I go with the smoke screen theory. Delia is still mates with Worthy, so this works out well for both Norwich and Worthy. The approach is made, but it is not serious. This becomes the City story on the news for a day or so - giving reporters something to write about rather than chasing up rumours. It also takes a bit of pressure off preparations for Saturday - they can all have a laugh about it in training = bonding. Worthy benefits by getting credit from some Northern Irish FA for all the work he''s done so far and gets to affirm his commitment to the national side.[/quote]

You overestimate their competance. This bunch of amatuers wouldn''t have a clue how to put up a smokescreen.

Do you still not get it? They are well out of their depth.

NCFC = Laughing stock

We are a laughing stock. Sack our manager to apparantly head hunt Nigel Worthington. But we''re not allowed to talk to him, and he doesn''t want to come back anyway. BRILLIANT.

[quote user="Duffman"]We are a laughing stock. Sack our manager to apparantly head hunt Nigel Worthington. But we''re not allowed to talk to him, and he doesn''t want to come back anyway. BRILLIANT.

[/quote]

I know, all I keep saying is ''''what the hell were they thinking''''lol