Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Steve McClaren Yes /No?

I can''t believe its got this bad but I thought that maybe Steve McClaren could be a good choice to replace Roeder.

The reasons I give are that when he was at Middlesbrough he brought through the young players from the academy and gave them time to settle in to the side.

He won a cup and got to a European final.

He seems to be doing OK at Twente, but would jump at chance to manage in this country if given chance I reckon.

Also with his England failiure, he would want to work extremely hard to improve his reputation in this country. It was always said that he would have to take a lower championship club job rather than a premiership job.

As I said at start I can''t believe I am saying this as I was probably his biggest critic when in charge of England, but at this time I feel anything is better than Roeder in charge of Norwich *

*This does not include Lawrie Sanchez or Bryan Robson in charge (that could be worse)

I know Sanchez and Robson are hopless, but personally i''d rather have Gordon the soddin'' Gopher in charge than Roeder.

Can''t see McClaren dropping down to this level, personally. The simple fact that he was once England manager (despite that being a particularly shocking decision from the FA) means his stock is worth far more than that...

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

I can''t believe its got this bad but I thought that maybe Steve McClaren could be a good choice to replace Roeder.

The reasons I give are that when he was at Middlesbrough he brought through the young players from the academy and gave them time to settle in to the side.

He seems to be doing OK at Twente, but would jump at chance to manage in this country if given chance I reckon.

Also with his England failiure, he would want to work extremely hard to improve his reputation in this country. It was always said that he would have to take a lower championship club job rather than a premiership job.

As I said at start I can''t believe I am saying this as I was probably his biggest critic when in charge of England, but at this time I feel anything is better than Roeder in charge of Norwich *

*This does not include Lawrie Sanchez or Bryan Robson in charge (that could be worse)

[/quote]

and just where will the money to find his compensation come from?

jas :)

No thanks, we dont need another smug so and so in charge! The main reason though is we need someone with knowledge of our league, the lower leagues and how to woek on a shoestring budget. Mclaren doesnt have this!

FOR    PITY''S    SAKE        NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!   Feel quite strongly about this one.

no, that muppet''s already made us miss out on football the past summer...don''t want to be watching league 1 next year!althought his best ''Norfolk'' accent would be hilarious!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[/quote]

and just where will the money to find his compensation come from?

jas :)

[/quote]

Yeah that would be the issue unless he had some sort of a clause in case an English club came in for him.

I''m not even sure he''d come, nor am I sure I''d really want him, but most options seem better when you''ve got a situation like the present one.

100% no way, that man should not be allowed to manage a english football club again just like roeder!

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....................................

Ah, let me think for a minute.

NO.

Haha! In a way I feel sorry for the bloke, he''s obviously a top coach having spent many a year with man united and SAF, and then not forgetting what a great job he did with borough to take them to the final and steady league finishes and the carling cup too...but it doesn''t rain for Mr Mclaren it only pours, just a shame he did such an appaling job with the national side.

However i''m a ''no'' as well, he''s pretty much identical to what we already have.

It seems like there are more no''s than yes''s. I''ve got to be honest when I look at what I wrote initially when starting the post it reads as if I wanted him here, it wasn''t meant to read that way, I was merely outlining his achievements and trying to reason whether he would be a good choice. To be honest it was only a thought "Is it a better option than what we are currently suffering", in my opinion wherever he goes first in this country he will get a lot of stick.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[/quote]

Steve McLaren at Norwich? No chance.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Steve Maclaren is now a fully fledged Dutchman. He has no interest in returning to Britain.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=96Y87ZTyFok&feature=related

[/quote]

he must of been taking the Schmeichel in that interview! he had to be! i keep expecting the Grolsh man to jump up and say "Shtop, this interview is not ready yet!" lol

jas )

[/quote]

That tickled me Jas [:D]

The funniest bit is hen he says "Liverpool or Arsenal, I thought maybe one of them we would draw, and we draw Arsenal"

Then, after a slight pause he says "I think"

Then he winces in embarrassment. I mean come on Steve what is there to think about!! You know damn well you got Arsenal in the draw!!!!

Why on earth would McClaren want the Norwich job? FC Twente are doing very well in the Dutch league and will probably qualify for Europe.

There is a world outside of England you know....I for one would much rather manage and live in Holland, if I was in his position.

Yet another decent football man, who the media are tearing to pieces. The dutch accent is ridiculous though.