Sign in to follow this  
Cowling Is A W*nk*r!!!!!

Demonstration arranged for Forest game

[quote user="Gareth Lights"]

For all your abuse, wind up claims and other insults, amoungst the 6 pages or so this thread has run up, not 1 of you has given me a decent reason WHY NOY? Timing is the only one, ands to that I say there is never a right time.

[/quote]More important to many of us, Gareth, is that over the 6 pages you still haven''t given us a reason WHY? Which is why the accusations of being a wind-up or a Smudger-in-disguise have come about, since he can''t do so either... Maybe you could answer these questions (ones that Smudger has avoided continuously):
  • What is the point of your protest?
  • What do you hope to achieve and what do you hope will happen once you have achieved those aims?
  • More importantly, what affect on NCFC will those aims have and why do you deem them to be positive enough to warrant a protest?
  • With Delia stating in public that she is seeking to sell or source further investment through Keith Harris'' company, do you believe that a protest will hasten this process or hinder it (in light of the current economic climate)?
  • If there is no buyer currently lined up, will your aims help or hinder the club?
If you can answer any of these sensibly then I might believe that you''re genuine and have put some thought into this.  Otherwise, you''ll just be a wind-up...I await your responses.

[quote user="jetstream"]Gareth Out of curiousity, have you informed the police of the march/demo? (you need to do so) Have you written to the local media to publicise it? I''ve seen no mention on the official site''s messageboard - have you pushed this on other forums? Do you have a name for this protest - or some clear objectve? What are you hoping to achieve? Are you making banners/flyers, a website? Does this movement have a name? (I''m not being sarcastic - genuine questions)[/quote]

I am not organsing this, I merely mentioned that I opened a pink un account a couple of years ago and was asked to put this on as a notice for all to see.

Others who are proteststing are arranging litrature and a website and have notified the authoritys I believe.

I aslo understand that others are notifying the press this week I think and will be visaiting other forums.

There is no name for it as far as im aware, like ive said, I was simply asked to start this thread as I mentioned I had a pink un forum account. Its not my protest.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Gareth Lights"]

For all your abuse, wind up claims and other insults, amoungst the 6 pages or so this thread has run up, not 1 of you has given me a decent reason WHY NOY? Timing is the only one, ands to that I say there is never a right time.

[/quote]
More important to many of us, Gareth, is that over the 6 pages you still haven''t given us a reason WHY? Which is why the accusations of being a wind-up or a Smudger-in-disguise have come about, since he can''t do so either... Maybe you could answer these questions (ones that Smudger has avoided continuously):

• What is the point of your protest?

• What do you hope to achieve and what do you hope will happen once you have achieved those aims?

• More importantly, what affect on NCFC will those aims have and why do you deem them to be positive enough to warrant a protest?

• With Delia stating in public that she is seeking to sell or source further investment through Keith Harris'' company, do you believe that a protest will hasten this process or hinder it (in light of the current economic climate)?

• If there is no buyer currently lined up, will your aims help or hinder the club?

If you can answer any of these sensibly then I might believe that you''re genuine and have put some thought into this.  Otherwise, you''ll just be a wind-up...

I await your responses.
[/quote]

The main point is that the club has been over valued hence putting more bricks in the way of a sale. We are a club with massive debt, bottom half of the league yet the club is being valued at ridiculous amounts.

This is a peacefull protest so we are hoping for no effect on the club, but feel we cant sit back any longer while this club heads one way, administration!

Like ive said im merely a protester with a pink un account who has been asked to spread the message, but what i can tell you is that we hope that as a esult of the publicity the board will  lower there estimated value of the club.

You have to remember we are running at a loss, in relegation figh..again, and in serious debt yet during the global credit crunch we are asking too much for the club. the board has in the past said they did not want a profit but this is clearly not the case.

I dont begrudge the board 1 penny of what they get, and they deserve a profit for what they have done in the past, but what they are asking is unreasonable and wont find a buyer.

Hope that helps, nice to have someone polite for once. 

The problem is you don''t know what they''re asking for the club - the valuation to shoo Cullum away was months back and the world has changed since then.Could it be that they are asking a fair price, but nobody wants to buy the club in the current financial climate?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The problem is you don''t know what they''re asking for the club - the valuation to shoo Cullum away was months back and the world has changed since then.

Could it be that they are asking a fair price, but nobody wants to buy the club in the current financial climate?

[/quote]

At last a sensible polite response. Thank you.

I see where you are coming from, but most of us believe that this might force the boards hand into giving us more detail as to what is actually going on rather than leaving us hanging, after all we are the ones who buy tickets and merchandise that helps to run the club and we are the ones who turn up every week and live and breathe yellow 24/7 so surely we have a right to know?

Fellow City fans, your club needs you, a call to arms!

After much communication between fellow supporters and friends, we have over 100 people who are in favour of protest.

We have decided the protest against the board and management, will take place on the 28th December 2008, meeting at The Coach and Horses at around 2pm, then marching past the station, through the riverside complex and morrisons, and finally demonstrating outside the City Stand.

Placards and banners are welcome, we already have some aswell as leaflets, with pictures of Roeder and Delia with the title "lets be avin you.....OUT!"

We need our 12th man here, come on lets be avin you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you on the 28th.

Happy xmas.

[/quote]

People like you make me sick, how can a protest be a positive step for the club?

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Gareth Lights"]

After much communication between fellow supporters and friends, we have over 100 people who are in favour of protest.

We have decided the protest against the board and management, will take place on the 28th December 2008, meeting at The Coach and Horses at around 2pm, then marching past the station, through the riverside complex and morrisons, and finally demonstrating outside the City Stand.

Placards and banners are welcome, we already have some aswell as leaflets, with pictures of Roeder and Delia with the title "lets be avin you.....OUT!"

See you on the 28th.

Happy xmas.

[/quote]

People like you make me sick, how can a protest be a positive step for the club?

[/quote]

I have the same feeling for people like you, sitting back while everything falls apart, but happy enough sitting there with your cup of bovril and hot dog.

Just out on intrest what did you do during the Chase out days? Want him out, or slag off people like me who fought for change?

Think about it hey.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The problem is you don''t know what they''re asking for the club - the valuation to shoo Cullum away was months back and the world has changed since then.Could it be that they are asking a fair price, but nobody wants to buy the club in the current financial climate?[/quote]

I see where you are coming from, but most of us believe that this might force the boards hand into giving us more detail as to what is actually going on rather than leaving us hanging, after all we are the ones who buy tickets and merchandise that helps to run the club and we are the ones who turn up every week and live and breathe yellow 24/7 so surely we have a right to know?

[/quote]I''m not sure we do have the right to know, unfortunately.  It''s a business, and business discussions and negotiations are rarely successful in public.  Good luck with what you''re doing, but I still don''t agree it''s the right thing to do at the moment.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The problem is you don''t know what they''re asking for the club - the valuation to shoo Cullum away was months back and the world has changed since then.

Could it be that they are asking a fair price, but nobody wants to buy the club in the current financial climate?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not sure we do have the right to know, unfortunately.  It''s a business, and business discussions and negotiations are rarely successful in public. 

Good luck with what you''re doing, but I still don''t agree it''s the right thing to do at the moment.

[/quote]

Well I will have a chat with the others and maybe suggest moving it back till after the january transfer window, but like I say im merely a protester not an organiser so i will keep you informed.

I appreciate constructive sensible replys like this so i can then pass feedback to the others, insulting me is not going to change anything.

Got to go now meant to meet the lads at 12.30.

Come on city 3-0 today!

Come on you yelllows!

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Gareth Lights"]

See you on the 28th.

Happy xmas.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that Paul?

[quote user="Gareth Lights"] but like I say im merely a protester not an organiser so i will keep you informed.[/quote]

So who is organising it then and why couldn''t he register on here to advertise it rather than ask you???

I still think its a windup but if there are 100+ of you at the Coach of Horses on the 28th then I will apologise.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Gareth Lights"] but like I say im merely a protester not an organiser so i will keep you informed.[/quote]

So who is organising it then and why couldn''t he register on here to advertise it rather than ask you???

I still think its a windup but if there are 100+ of you at the Coach of Horses on the 28th then I will apologise.

[/quote]

There are several people mainly doing the organising.

Like I keep saying I already had an account with the pink un so they asked me to start a thread.

Out of the 25,000 home crowd a week how many of them are registered on this site?

Not many, less than 100 are active on here, hence why they asked me to do it as i was already registered, surely thats not too difficult to understand without sounding rude, but they wanted a notice on here as many people browse the site.

The organisres names will be printed when they notify the press im sure.

Thats all for now I really have got to go now as I want a few pints before the match.

3-0 city today

Goodbye for now.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"]

[quote user="Lakey"]GO AWAY!!
[/quote]

Why should we? We live in a democratic society, and we are entitled to our opinion.

You will be suprised how many are in agreement with us and its now you that are in the minority.

[/quote]

100 protesters...

24,000 gate at Carrow Road...

the 23,900 are in the minority?

Please explain.
[/quote]

People like you said almost the same thing during the Chase Out days remember?[:|]

[/quote]

Can''t speak for everyone else, but IMO this is not the right time for any of this, lets just say see what happns in January, who know we could end up feeling rather happy

[/quote]

Yeah, let''s! Then see what happens in February.....then March.....then April.....then May.....then, what?

[quote user="Gareth Lights"][ I will have a chat with the others and maybe suggest moving it back

[/quote]

How funny.... ring up the other 100.....yeah right

And no, we have no right whatsoever to know the details of any proposed deal....same in any business.

Unless you''d have them UNDER sell the club?

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][ I will have a chat with the others and maybe suggest moving it back [/quote] How funny.... ring up the other 100.....yeah right And no, we have no right whatsoever to know the details of any proposed deal....same in any business. Unless you''d have them UNDER sell the club?[/quote]

But to be fair there is no proposed deal unless you know more than everyone else IBA? I thought Gareth made some good points.

Oh... and just to make my position crystal clear.... I think that all in all the board have done, and continue to do, a good job in difficult times.

There is absolutely no alternative on the horizon, so, given a choice of one, I''ll continue to back them as the alternative is unthinkable

Arthur I know of no takeover deal no, but I do know that investment has been actively sought since they took over. I''m not sure if Dawn Towns is still there but I believe she was spearheading the search

They even call me twice a year because I took a corperate box a couple of years ago....

I can assure you they work very hard at this, and always have done. Why wouldn''t they, makes the reliance on their input all the more comfortable

[quote user="IBA"]Arthur I know of no takeover deal no, but I do know that investment has been actively sought since they took over. I''m not sure if Dawn Towns is still there but I believe she was spearheading the search

They even call me twice a year because I took a corperate box a couple of years ago....

I can assure you they work very hard at this, and always have done. Why wouldn''t they, makes the reliance on their input all the more comfortable[/quote]So in twelve years of this constant searching they have managed to attract what NEW investment exactly?

Not picking a fight Arthur but if anyone has suggestions I''m sure they''d welcome anything more constructive than **** off

Getting money in isn''t easy - ask the Kitty

[quote user="IBA"]Not picking a fight Arthur but if anyone has suggestions I''m sure they''d welcome anything more constructive than **** off Getting money in isn''t easy - ask the Kitty[/quote]

LOL true, true!

[quote user="The Prisoner"]

So in twelve years of this constant searching they have managed to attract what NEW investment exactly?[/quote]

Programme advertising, donations, ground advertising, Shirt sponsorship, corp events, the Turners, who knows what else... ask them. They, like other clubs had to absorb the ITV Sport debacle. They''ve kept the ground full week in week out which is staggering thanks to facilities and pricing (certainly not the football)

Its easy to slag them off - whats the alternative? If somebody wanted the club they''d have been in long ago. Now? Fat chance

[quote user="CT "]I understand that poor little delia cant find investment [:''(] bless her soul.....she has to realise how far down she has taken our club as for the protest [Y] good luck mate[/quote]''poor little Delia''  sorry CT your Irony is lost and pointless.  Bet you would be wonderful at spending her money.  Ps.  Merry Christmas.  We may disagree but sod it.

Can I be the first to predict that Gareth will now explain the lack of a demonstration by saying that having fed the views of the forum back to his leaders, they decided to defer the protest until January?

See you on the 28th.

Happy xmas.

[/quote]

and of course you have permission from the police and have contacted the local press/media to cover the event...

these 100 people are invisible im willing to bet

jas :)

Can''t remember where it is, but I posted a topic about having to tell the police and what laws they are under, can''t be assed to find it or even write it out again, but safe to say that I know what I''m talking about.

NO NO NO NO NO NO what on earth is the piont of it? The Board cannot leave unless they sell (which they are trying to do remember) Roeder will not be sacked as we dont have the money, and apart from that what else?

Isn''t it fascinating how aggressive and ratty the sheep have been getting recently? Emoticon: Black sheep

Splendid sociology lesson in there somewhere, one suspects.Emoticon: Black sheep

One love.

OTBC

You do realise that if you protest, but still go into the game you are achieving absolutely nothing.....I''m sure Delia will really be bothered about 100 people outside the City stand if you all go in the ground and buy a programme and a pint.