Sign in to follow this  
Cowling Is A W*nk*r!!!!!

Demonstration arranged for Forest game

[quote]

But yes, in general i agree with your last sentence- although i would say ignorance is the biggest issue rather than acceptance.[/quote]

In my opinion, the quickest, and arguably safest way to garner public opinion would be through a pro-Cullum "Buy our club" petition.  Cullum has flirted with the idea of buying the club in the press, and is therefore fair game to be targetted for such a thing.  If several thousand season ticket holders put their names forward, it would send a clear message to him and the current board that a change is required.  Even if the man himself didn''t stand forward, other prospective buyers would know how the supporters of the club feel about our position.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

But yes, in general i agree with your last sentence- although i would say ignorance is the biggest issue rather than acceptance.[/quote]

In my opinion, the quickest, and arguably safest way to garner public opinion would be through a pro-Cullum "Buy our club" petition.  Cullum has flirted with the idea of buying the club in the press, and is therefore fair game to be targetted for such a thing.  If several thousand season ticket holders put their names forward, it would send a clear message to him and the current board that a change is required.  Even if the man himself didn''t stand forward, other prospective buyers would know how the supporters of the club feel about our position.

[/quote]

Totally agree, but it needs to be a paper petition which can''t be highjacked by scummers ( a lesson learned from my effort earlier in the season ). Unfortunately you will also have to overcome the "I want someone to pump money into my club but I won''t accept a ticket price increase" brigade, but it is the best (and currently probably the only) way forward.

Put a printable form up, with a main statement, and tick boxes for opt-outs like "don''t sell Carrow Road" and "don''t raise season ticket prices" somewhere on the interweb, buy a catchy sounding domain name like www.cullumbuyourclub.co.uk, get a PO Box to have the forms delivered to, and Bobs your uncle, Fannys your aunt, and Geoff is the bloke next door whose "trouble" never gets mentioned.  If it dies a death at least you know you tried.  I''d do it, but it would be an act of tremendous hypocrisy as I''ve only been to 2 games this season.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The hostility on this thread explains perfectly why there has been no protests and why the boards disastrous policies have not been seriously challenged.

Even during the Chase out days protestors were verbally and physically abused and spat at and then of course those people danced a jig when Delia took over but were too thick to realise what hypocrites they were.  K.Roads was sworn at and told to "shut up" at last years AGM for politely asking the board some difficult questions.

We doon`t loike change in these paaarts, do we?

[/quote]

Oh Mr C your post is so true. Just reading through these posts it''s obvious how absolutely petrified so many of the old stalwarts who think they own this Board are. I personally had to scrap it out with a couple of idiots for getting in early on the Chase Out protests. Gareth - if it''s a wind up then well done for winding up some of these duffers and Board lackies. I park very close to the Coach & Horses on matchdays and will make sure I nip in for a pint before the Forest game to see if anything is going on. And if you do have 100, consider it 101 now.

[/quote]

Well with a hundred ready to go, plus some shy guys already up for blending in, we are at long last going to hear some of the promised protests.

Good on ya fellas[Y]

Power to the people  [:''(]

[/quote]

I bet you wouldn''t protest, even if your dinner served in Delia''s was cold...........Flop.....

The football club Board of Directionless - just love inert folk like you.....Flubber....

Nutless sez: "Would you care for a light Mr Chairman, I could also give your shoes a quick buff with my tongue  whilst you have your ciggy? Don''t worry, I''ll also pick up your discarded butt - and place it alongside the rest of my collection"  

Nutless then grovels : "Here, please do have one of mine Mr Wynn Jones. In fact - have the whole packet! I don''t actually smoke - and I only carry them just in case I bump into you or the Chairman while I fawn and loiter around the Director''s entrance....I''d just love to enter the Director''s entrance, and would do anything to be able to do so. Please do have a light, and no, please do keep it - it''s only an expensive gold-plated lighter y''know."

Nutless spots Delia: "Hoorah! Hoorah! Saviour! Saviour! Twelve more years! Hoorah! Twelve more years! Hoorah! Please sign my personal copy of your latest re-issue cookery book - oh our true, true, saviour I have goose-pimples......"Hoorah! Hoooooooraaaaah!"

Nutless, then starts self-flagellating himself with his matchday programme - before throwing himself prostrate to the floor as the CE goes sliding by...."Oh, our most Supreme and Darkest Lord....We''re not Worthy!......We''re not Worthy!".....

[/quote]

Brillant Mello Yello - I wonder if Nutty enjoyed the match on Sunday? He probably thinks it was superb entertainment! LOL!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]Will you be protesting Mello, or are you "directionless" too? [:^)][/quote]I''m not ''Directionless'' but, if there is an actual protest - I might just have a little chant as I walk by.......Will you be tutting loudly and shouting ''shame'' as you go skipping past whilst holding hands with Nutless?....[/quote]Of course Mello, us sheep always herd together.......

Just disappointed with the board outers, I thought at least you''d have a "Doomy-out" banner.....

And Mr Carrow and Canary Nut would be out dishing out sets of accounts.....

CT and wiz going round in circles, totally confused......

Cluck up there with the pigeons cheeping "they never listen to me, even though I''m always right"......

Arthur with his 12-bore, shooting them pesky pigeons.....

Smudger trying to get NCISA members to join him in a conga round the ground......

Oh well, back to the keyboards it is then lads........

[/quote]

Hey Lappinitup,

Did you enjoy the entertainment on the pitch,  Sunday?

Canary nut, why do you always need to shout? It gives everyone on here the impression that you just a loudmouth and I''m sure you''re not that, are you?

As for the performance, I don''t know of a single fan who is happy at the moment and no matter how any of us see the problems within the club, we are all fans and all feeling the same hurt.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]  If i turned up to protest and ended up getting into a punch-up with some of the aggressive Delia-ites [/quote]

Back in my day, you should have seen the women that backed Fanny Craddock.  You dare suggest that your cakes didn''t turn out like Fannys and they''d batter you with their handbags without some much as a second glance.

Come on Mr C, surely the problem you are facing is passive fans who are too accepting of the way things are, not rabid cook supporters ?

[/quote]

Every time the idea of an organised protest has been put forward on here there have been veiled threats.  I seem to remember T07 posted about Smudgers meeting at the Murderers that "our boys" (ie. our firm- who tend to frequent the Murderers) were not happy about it and were threatening to "kick off".

But yes, in general i agree with your last sentence- although i would say ignorance is the biggest issue rather than acceptance.

[/quote]

To be honest, I think it''s more about the "nice day out" brigade not really minding as long as they enjoy their day - of which the football isn''t the be all and end all.

I would expect any protests to be met with apathy, not hostility.

The point being, what would people hope to achieve by protesting?  We have a club up for sale, a board who acknowledge they''ve cocked up, a CE who thinks we''re only in the Championship by the good grace of rich folk, a manager who can''t be paid off, a squad which isn''t our own... but I don''t see what any protest would achieve in terms of benefit for the club.
[/quote]

So what do we hope to achieve by sitting on our hands and accepting our fate?

Club up for sale? is it really, how do we know that?. Are we to believe everything that come from the corridors of power at CR??????

A protest would put more pressure on people to get their acts together for sure.................... 

[quote]  If i turned up to protest and ended up getting into a punch-up with some of the aggressive Delia-ites [/quote]

Back in my day, you should have seen the women that backed Fanny Craddock.  You dare suggest that your cakes didn''t turn out like Fannys and they''d batter you with their handbags without some much as a second glance.

Come on Mr C, surely the problem you are facing is passive fans who are too accepting of the way things are, not rabid cook supporters ?

[/quote]

Every time the idea of an organised protest has been put forward on here there have been veiled threats.  I seem to remember T07 posted about Smudgers meeting at the Murderers that "our boys" (ie. our firm- who tend to frequent the Murderers) were not happy about it and were threatening to "kick off".

But yes, in general i agree with your last sentence- although i would say ignorance is the biggest issue rather than acceptance.

[/quote]

To be honest, I think it''s more about the "nice day out" brigade not really minding as long as they enjoy their day - of which the football isn''t the be all and end all.

The point being, what would people hope to achieve by protesting?  We have a club up for sale, a board who acknowledge they''ve cocked up, a CE who thinks we''re only in the Championship by the good grace of rich folk, a manager who can''t be paid off, a squad which isn''t our own... but I don''t see what any protest would achieve in terms of benefit for the club.
[/quote]

Club up for sale? is it really, how do we know that?. Are we to believe everything that come from the corridors of power at CR??????

A protest would put more pressure on people to get their acts together for sure.................... 

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Canary nut, why do you always need to shout? It gives everyone on here the impression that you just a loudmouth and I''m sure you''re not that, are you?

[/quote]

Given the mass of words that are posted on this site, I thought i was helping those with limited amounts of time to focus on the key line etc.

Presumably you are happy with the clubs strategy of spending money on tangible fixed assets rather than on the squad?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

If you like shouting so much why weren''t you at the Coach and Horses at 2 pm yesterday? Another keyboard warrior who''s all talk and no action.

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A minimum of £30 per ordinary share is a hoot! LOL!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

If you like shouting so much why weren''t you at the Coach and Horses at 2 pm yesterday? Another keyboard warrior who''s all talk and no action.

[/quote]

Its impossible to shout through a keyboard!

Beau - So you were at Carrow Rd, shouting Board in!  Glenn Roeder you are marvellous.LOL!   I am curious to know why you Wynnies are so concerned about the actions of others?  BTW. Did you enjoy the entertainment on the pitch, Sunday?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beausant & Mr Chops,

Why mock the situ so much because the protest did''nt happen?!

Priceless!, perhaps it would of happened if people were not mocking them just because they have a certain viewpoint.........

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Canary nut, why do you always need to shout? It gives everyone on here the impression that you just a loudmouth and I''m sure you''re not that, are you?[/quote]Given the mass of words that are posted on this site, I thought i was helping those with limited amounts of time to focus on the key line etc.

Presumably you are happy with the clubs strategy of spending money on tangible fixed assets rather than on the squad?[/quote]No I''m not and I doubt that Delia and the rest of the board are either now but to keep repeating the same old rhetoric over and over again will not change the situation one jot. I could never bring myself to do that because.......

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Canary nut, why do you always need to shout? It gives everyone on here the impression that you just a loudmouth and I''m sure you''re not that, are you?[/quote]Given the mass of words that are posted on this site, I thought i was helping those with limited amounts of time to focus on the key line etc.

Presumably you are happy with the clubs strategy of spending money on tangible fixed assets rather than on the squad?[/quote]No I''m not and I doubt that Delia and the rest of the board are either now but to keep repeating the same old rhetoric over and over again will not change the situation one jot. I could never bring myself to do that because.......

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [;)]

[/quote]

Sorry about the repeat announcements, I''ve been learning from FLASH GORDON and his crew about regarding PR and spin. LOL!

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its impossible to shout through a keyboard!

Beau - So you were at Carrow Rd, shouting Board in!  Glenn Roeder you are marvellous.LOL!   I am curious to know why you Wynnies are so concerned about the actions of others?  BTW. Did you enjoy the entertainment on the pitch, Sunday?

[/quote]

Actually I, along with Mr Chops was at The Coach and Horses. There was no entertainment on the pitch and it was soul destroying. I do not think Roeder is marvellous nor am I a "Wynnie" whatever that is. My point, which you neatly avoid, is that there was a call to arms on Sunday, a chance to make a real statement about a desire for change. Where were you?

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beausant & Mr Chops,

Priceless!, perhaps it would of happened if people were not mocking them just because they have a certain viewpoint.........

[/quote]

Don''t make excuses for them Gazza. There was a clear opportunity to make a public statement and all the loudest talkers on here were conspicuous by their absence, and now we have the Smudger apologists trying to blame that on intimidation by those who are regularly dismissed as sheep and/or muppets. If you drop the rhetoric for a moment and assess the situation, don''t you see an anomaly?

Something has to change and fast. I''ve lost all faith in Roeder, but without fresh investment sacking him is not the answer. I would refer you back to Blah''s excellent suggestion of a direct approach by the supporters to Cullum,which I feel is an excellent and logical idea.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beausant & Mr Chops,

[/quote]

Don''t make excuses for them Gazza. There was a clear opportunity to make a public statement and all the loudest talkers on here were conspicuous by their absence, and now we have the Smudger apologists trying to blame that on intimidation by those who are regularly dismissed as sheep and/or muppets. If you drop the rhetoric for a moment and assess the situation, don''t you see an anomaly?

Something has to change and fast. I''ve lost all faith in Roeder, but without fresh investment sacking him is not the answer. I would refer you back to Blah''s excellent suggestion of a direct approach by the supporters to Cullum,which I feel is an excellent and logical idea.

[/quote]

Totally agree with the Cullum idea and think again this is an excellent idea Beaus, though I feel this is going to be messy and Delia will make things difficult as regards losing her "play thing" so in my eyes a demo would also be a good way of letting them know they are no longer wanted!. Pressure on her and her cronies can do no harm also......

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beausant & Mr Chops,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally agree with the Cullum idea and think again this is an excellent idea Beaus, though I feel this is going to be messy and Delia will make things difficult as regards losing her "play thing" so in my eyes a demo would also be a good way of letting them know they are no longer wanted!. Pressure on her and her cronies can do no harm also......

[/quote]Okay, so in your eyes a demo would be "a good way of letting them know they are no longer wanted."Going to arrange one then?  Or will you just keep typing?

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beausant & Mr Chops,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gazza

It''s my opinion, which you are entitled to disagree with, that you can''t get Delia out by protesting.  To do so would be extremely bad PR - if the natives get restless with Delia Smith, who else would be interested in taking over ?   She is one of the few people in the country who can seem to do little wrong in the eyes of the media.  By approaching Cullum positively you aren''t neccesarily passing comment on D & M, supporters who did this would probably be seen as simply "chasing the money" of a billionaire.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beausant & Mr Chops,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, so in your eyes a demo would be "a good way of letting them know they are no longer wanted."

Going to arrange one then?  Or will you just keep typing?

[/quote]

what typing like yourself?! and avoiding issues!

If you have all the answers feel free to share them with us on how we move things forward........

You know what? I now sincerely hope Cullum gets the club. In fact i cant wait to see all the bleating new usernames on here in two years time......

Having said that even he is extremely gracious toward MJW & his mrs..... reading between the lines, is it, in fact, the fans that have ironically pushed him away? ha ha

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED25%20Nov%202008%2022:35:12:710

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beausant & Mr Chops,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Okay, so in your eyes a demo would be "a good way of letting them know they are no longer wanted."Going to arrange one then?  Or will you just keep typing?[/quote]

If you have all the answers feel free to share them with us on how we move things forward........

[/quote]I don''t want to protest.  You go for it....[|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beausant & Mr Chops,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, so in your eyes a demo would be "a good way of letting them know they are no longer wanted."

Going to arrange one then?  Or will you just keep typing?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t want to protest.  You go for it....[|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)]

[/quote]

thanks for your suggestions dude!

I find the notion of the anti-boarders not turning up to the "protest" for fear of reprisals from other fans totally hilarious. The anti-board crowd on this Forum are always the first to resort to verbal intimidation and aggression.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]I find the notion of the anti-boarders not turning up to the "protest" for fear of reprisals from other fans totally hilarious. The anti-board crowd on this Forum are always the first to resort to verbal intimidation and aggression.[/quote]Wonder why that is?......[img[http://beboskintutorials.com/img/funnypictures/keyboardwarrior.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]I find the notion of the anti-boarders not turning up to the "protest" for fear of reprisals from other fans totally hilarious. The anti-board crowd on this Forum are always the first to resort to verbal intimidation and aggression.[/quote]Wonder why that is?......[img]http://beboskintutorials.com/img/funnypictures/keyboardwarrior.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]I find the notion of the anti-boarders not turning up to the "protest" for fear of reprisals from other fans totally hilarious. The anti-board crowd on this Forum are always the first to resort to verbal intimidation and aggression.[/quote]

Wonder why that is?......

[img]http://beboskintutorials.com/img/funnypictures/keyboardwarrior.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I thought Smudger was bald!