Sign in to follow this  
Cowling Is A W*nk*r!!!!!

Demonstration arranged for Forest game

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]I find the notion of the anti-boarders not turning up to the "protest" for fear of reprisals from other fans totally hilarious. The anti-board crowd on this Forum are always the first to resort to verbal intimidation and aggression.[/quote]

Wonder why that is?......

[img]http://beboskintutorials.com/img/funnypictures/keyboardwarrior.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

says the biggest keyboard warrior of them all.....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"]

[quote user="Lakey"]GO AWAY!!
[/quote]

Why should we? We live in a democratic society, and we are entitled to our opinion.

You will be suprised how many are in agreement with us and its now you that are in the minority.

[/quote]

100 protesters...

24,000 gate at Carrow Road...

the 23,900 are in the minority?

Please explain.
[/quote]

If you were there during the Chase out protests, you will recall that there were only 300 max supporters protesting.

Did that mean that 20,000+ supporters didnt agree with them?

Dont think so mate, try again.

[/quote]

So you''re counting people who don''t attend your protest on the grounds that they might agree with you.  Got it.

Were you by any chance an election official in Zimbabwe?

Do you know what Zimbabwe is?

[/quote]

Dont twist my words mate you know what I was getting at. Talk to the man on the street he might enlighten you a bit

[/quote]

I''m not twisting your words.  You say you''re in the majority and there are 100 of you.  I therefore think you''re talking bollocks.  I also don''t believe for one moment that there is any protest happening before during or after the Forest match, and I think (once more) you''re talking bollocks again.

[/quote]

Why do you feel the need to use foul language to argue your pointless point.

[/quote]

Who is being the keyboard warrior here Beau?  Come on, be honest.

[/quote]

No answer then Beau?  Above is a salient lesson in how to be a keyboard warrior from someone who accuses others of being.......keyboard warriors [8-)] [:|]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"]

[/quote]

Why should we? We live in a democratic society, and we are entitled to our opinion.

You will be suprised how many are in agreement with us and its now you that are in the minority.

[/quote]

100 protesters...

Please explain.
[/quote]

If you were there during the Chase out protests, you will recall that there were only 300 max supporters protesting.

[/quote]

So you''re counting people who don''t attend your protest on the grounds that they might agree with you.  Got it.

[/quote]

Dont twist my words mate you know what I was getting at. Talk to the man on the street he might enlighten you a bit

[/quote]

I''m not twisting your words.  You say you''re in the majority and there are 100 of you.  I therefore think you''re talking bollocks.  I also don''t believe for one moment that there is any protest happening before during or after the Forest match, and I think (once more) you''re talking bollocks again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No answer then Beau?  Above is a salient lesson in how to be a keyboard warrior from someone who accuses others of being.......keyboard warriors [8-)] [:|]

[/quote]

silence is golden hey Mr Carrow?!, perhaps they have repetitive strain injury from all there typing.......

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]  If i turned up to protest and ended up getting into a punch-up with some of the aggressive Delia-ites [/quote]

Back in my day, you should have seen the women that backed Fanny Craddock.  You dare suggest that your cakes didn''t turn out like Fannys and they''d batter you with their handbags without some much as a second glance.

Come on Mr C, surely the problem you are facing is passive fans who are too accepting of the way things are, not rabid cook supporters ?

[/quote]

Every time the idea of an organised protest has been put forward on here there have been veiled threats.  I seem to remember T07 posted about Smudgers meeting at the Murderers that "our boys" (ie. our firm- who tend to frequent the Murderers) were not happy about it and were threatening to "kick off".

But yes, in general i agree with your last sentence- although i would say ignorance is the biggest issue rather than acceptance.

[/quote]

To be honest, I think it''s more about the "nice day out" brigade not really minding as long as they enjoy their day - of which the football isn''t the be all and end all.

I would expect any protests to be met with apathy, not hostility.

The point being, what would people hope to achieve by protesting?  We have a club up for sale, a board who acknowledge they''ve cocked up, a CE who thinks we''re only in the Championship by the good grace of rich folk, a manager who can''t be paid off, a squad which isn''t our own... but I don''t see what any protest would achieve in terms of benefit for the club.
[/quote]

There was very nearly a punch-up in the Barclay when a dozen or so started anti-Delia chants on Sunday.  If protests start there WILL be violence amongst supporters.  Just why did you and Beau meet up at the Coach when you are openly hostile to the idea of protests?  Very strange......

Have a listen to the Mayo interview again and pay particular note to Delias answer to the question "So are you in it for the long-haul then?", to which her answer was an emphatic "Definately, definately, definately".  She does not want to sell.  They are looking for investment of the kind the Turners have provided and- as has been proved by no-one coming up with a quote on a different thread-, selling up has never been on the agenda.

[quote user="IBA"]Sold your house yet Mr Carrow?[/quote]

a leading question?!, a cunning plan!

always avoid the issues "she said she would sell the club for a tenner?", hows about some of you people that worship the ground she walks on answer that ???!!!. No because you have no answer to that do we?????????????????????

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]  If i turned up to protest and ended up getting into a punch-up with some of the aggressive Delia-ites [/quote]

Back in my day, you should have seen the women that backed Fanny Craddock.  You dare suggest that your cakes didn''t turn out like Fannys and they''d batter you with their handbags without some much as a second glance.

Come on Mr C, surely the problem you are facing is passive fans who are too accepting of the way things are, not rabid cook supporters ?

[/quote]

Every time the idea of an organised protest has been put forward on here there have been veiled threats.  I seem to remember T07 posted about Smudgers meeting at the Murderers that "our boys" (ie. our firm- who tend to frequent the Murderers) were not happy about it and were threatening to "kick off".

But yes, in general i agree with your last sentence- although i would say ignorance is the biggest issue rather than acceptance.

[/quote]

Mr C, whilst I have every respect for you, I really think your argument on this one is tenuous in the extreme. Are you really suggesting that Gareth''s 100 or so supporters didn''t turn up for what was being presented as a highly organised protest ( I seem to recall that websites and the like were being mentioned) because they were intimidated by violent Deliarites? Even the mighty Smudger who is so fearless behind his keyboard as he issues his threats? If people want to protest they will (as you will know because we both lived through the Chase out period). The only logical conclusion from yesterday''s debacle is that they don''t want to, whether or not thats what you want to hear, or indeed the best thing for the club, I''m afraid that you just have to live with it and not seek the sort of excuses which, if coming form the other side of the argument, would inevitably result in a chorus of "Baas",  "Muppets" and considerably worse.

[/quote]

IMO the OP was a toe-in-the-water type to see if there is enough momentum to organise a proper protest.  No idiot is going to protest in the knowledge that 15 or so will turn up and people are issuing veiled threats, slagging off the idea of protesting whilst promising to "turn up to see what happens".

You refute being "pro-board" yet are one of the first to post against the "antis".  You are apparently neither pro nor anti Roeder and you are one of the first to come on this thread to sneer and deride what for all we know was a genuine attempt to organise a protest- and then you state that the original poster was "an impediment to any future protest"!  The biggest impediment to any future protest was the arrogant, egotistical bullying which greeted the OP.

Oh, and Chase was a far more dislikeable, obnoxious person than Delia ever will be, but there were still people prepared to spit, swear and use violence to back him up.  There would be far more with Queen Delia and we both know it.

[quote user="IBA"]Sold your house yet Mr Carrow?[/quote]

If i could be guaranteed the percentage profit the club have made from selling players as stated clearly in the last three annual reports (which you are totally ignorant of), yes i`d sell my house and give the cash to the club to invest in players....

There`s a nice bit of tarmac going cheap up Anglia Square way apparently.  I`d flog your house and get in now if i were you, after all "Land is the way forward" isn`t it?!  [:|]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]I find the notion of the anti-boarders not turning up to the "protest" for fear of reprisals from other fans totally hilarious. The anti-board crowd on this Forum are always the first to resort to verbal intimidation and aggression.[/quote]

Like who?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Sweepstake on why it didn''t happen?

"We got lost/couldn''t find it"
"It was the Coach and Horses near the Theatre, not the football ground"
"The dog ate our placards"
"It was a silent/dirty protest"
"We decided to wait for the January transfer window was closed" (aka "pulling an NCISA")

[/quote]

Hmmm.....reading back through the thread it seems you and Gareth ended up having a perfectly friendly debate and you even stated "good luck with what you`re doing", so why the nasty sneering now?  Keyboard warriors hey?! [:D] [:D] [Y]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

"We decided to wait for the January transfer window was closed" (aka "pulling an NCISA")

[/quote]

Hmmm.....reading back through the thread it seems you and Gareth ended up having a perfectly friendly debate and you even stated "good luck with what you`re doing", so why the nasty sneering now?  Keyboard warriors hey?! [:D] [:D] [Y]

[/quote]

Well Mr Chops, ok to criticise others hey but never heard you mention that at the trowel and hammer?!, if only you were as pro-active as you were at trawling the net!. At least NCISA have attempted to at least make a start.....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]I find the notion of the anti-boarders not turning up to the "protest" for fear of reprisals from other fans totally hilarious. The anti-board crowd on this Forum are always the first to resort to verbal intimidation and aggression.[/quote]

Like who?

[/quote]

You know full well who they are.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I still turned up though mate... I am also in The Nelson before and after most matches these days...

I also protested outside of the City Stand by myself a good while back now (which was heard by other posters on here).

It is pretty easy for those who want to find out who the Mysterious SMUDGER character is these days.

If they have something to say to my face then why don''t they bring it on and come and say it (and no that is not a veiled threat, it is just a statement that I will not back down to threats and the bullying nature of others).  Anybody, who wants to discuss things (whether that is for or against protesting against the board) feel free to ask about and come and find me prior to or after a match.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be honest, I think it''s more about the "nice day out" brigade not really minding as long as they enjoy their day - of which the football isn''t the be all and end all.

I would expect any protests to be met with apathy, not hostility.

The point being, what would people hope to achieve by protesting?  We have a club up for sale, a board who acknowledge they''ve cocked up, a CE who thinks we''re only in the Championship by the good grace of rich folk, a manager who can''t be paid off, a squad which isn''t our own... but I don''t see what any protest would achieve in terms of benefit for the club.
[/quote]

Why all the previous comments about turning up to LAUGH at protestors by you and so many others then????

Not just with this protest but so many that people have tried to get off the ground over the last year or two.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr C, whilst I have every respect for you, I really think your argument on this one is tenuous in the extreme. Are you really suggesting that Gareth''s 100 or so supporters didn''t turn up for what was being presented as a highly organised protest ( I seem to recall that websites and the like were being mentioned) because they were intimidated by violent Deliarites? Even the mighty Smudger who is so fearless behind his keyboard as he issues his threats? If people want to protest they will (as you will know because we both lived through the Chase out period). The only logical conclusion from yesterday''s debacle is that they don''t want to, whether or not thats what you want to hear, or indeed the best thing for the club, I''m afraid that you just have to live with it and not seek the sort of excuses which, if coming form the other side of the argument, would inevitably result in a chorus of "Baas",  "Muppets" and considerably worse.

[/quote]

Maybe you are right in the fact that this protest was either a total wind up or never at the advanced stage which Gareth tried to have people believe (hence why I could not even be bothered to give The Coach & Horses a look on Sunday).

This does not alter the fact that extremely negative and somewhat sinister comments have been posted every time a protest has been mentioned on here by those who do not agree with one.

If people want to protest then they should just be allowed to get on with it.

If you are trying to claim that there was no hostility towards the Chase Out Protests from those fans who did not agree with them then you have clearly suffered from memory loss in recent years.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Hey Lappinitup,

Did you enjoy the entertainment on the pitch,  Sunday?

[/quote]

If you like shouting so much why weren''t you at the Coach and Horses at 2 pm yesterday? Another keyboard warrior who''s all talk and no action.

[/quote]

Beausant & Mr Chops,

Why mock the situ so much because the protest did''nt happen?!

Priceless!, perhaps it would of happened if people were not mocking them just because they have a certain viewpoint.........

[/quote]

Don''t make excuses for them Gazza. There was a clear opportunity to make a public statement and all the loudest talkers on here were conspicuous by their absence, and now we have the Smudger apologists trying to blame that on intimidation by those who are regularly dismissed as sheep and/or muppets. If you drop the rhetoric for a moment and assess the situation, don''t you see an anomaly?

Something has to change and fast. I''ve lost all faith in Roeder, but without fresh investment sacking him is not the answer. I would refer you back to Blah''s excellent suggestion of a direct approach by the supporters to Cullum,which I feel is an excellent and logical idea.

[/quote]

Totally agree with the Cullum idea and think again this is an excellent idea Beaus, though I feel this is going to be messy and Delia will make things difficult as regards losing her "play thing" so in my eyes a demo would also be a good way of letting them know they are no longer wanted!. Pressure on her and her cronies can do no harm also......

[/quote]

Gazza

It''s my opinion, which you are entitled to disagree with, that you can''t get Delia out by protesting.  To do so would be extremely bad PR - if the natives get restless with Delia Smith, who else would be interested in taking over ?   She is one of the few people in the country who can seem to do little wrong in the eyes of the media.  By approaching Cullum positively you aren''t neccesarily passing comment on D & M, supporters who did this would probably be seen as simply "chasing the money" of a billionaire.

[/quote]

For crying out loud.... that would make us look so much better wouldn''t it???

Would make us look like a bunch of money grabbing hypocrites more like, begging money from somebody who may or may not be interested.

Of course that way would still be passing judgement on Delia & Co... it is just a long winded way around things (which us City fans are more than used to).

Delia & Co could of been gone and the club brought out a long time ago if you lot were prepared to listen to what was ebing said by a select few on here.

You chose to bury your heads in the sand and are now paying the dividends of doing so.

Immediate action is what is required, before the cancer which has a hold of our club relegates us and lands us in administration (therefore near enough destroying us for at least many years to come).

You know what? I now sincerely hope Cullum gets the club. In fact i cant wait to see all the bleating new usernames on here in two years time......

Having said that even he is extremely gracious toward MJW & his mrs..... reading between the lines, is it, in fact, the fans that have ironically pushed him away? ha ha

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED25%20Nov%202008%2022:35:12:710

Yes, he realises that we are a lost cause with so many mugs like you following us and so willing to accept what is clearly not good enough IBA.... [:$]

I think that is clearly untrue.... [:$]

Want to prove me wrong???

Please find me not just a post where I have had a go at an individual poster, but an entire thread which I have aimed at an indivdual poster (which has had aboslutely nothing to do with football).

No, you can''t can you???

How many can we find that are aimed at Smudger, Cluck, Arthur Whittle etc etc???  [:$]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

IMO the OP was a toe-in-the-water type to see if there is enough momentum to organise a proper protest.  No idiot is going to protest in the knowledge that 15 or so will turn up and people are issuing veiled threats, slagging off the idea of protesting whilst promising to "turn up to see what happens".

You refute being "pro-board" yet are one of the first to post against the "antis".  You are apparently neither pro nor anti Roeder and you are one of the first to come on this thread to sneer and deride what for all we know was a genuine attempt to organise a protest- and then you state that the original poster was "an impediment to any future protest"!  The biggest impediment to any future protest was the arrogant, egotistical bullying which greeted the OP.

Oh, and Chase was a far more dislikeable, obnoxious person than Delia ever will be, but there were still people prepared to spit, swear and use violence to back him up.  There would be far more with Queen Delia and we both know it.

[/quote]

I will Mr.C and I know of a few others that will.... what we need though is a few more fans who are prepared to turn up and take anything that is thrown at them.

If you are in this camp then please send me a private message.

I am being asked by various people all the time if I am willing to do anything... but until I have a few people willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with me whether we take a whacking or not then the answer is defo a NO... why should I???

I have put myself on the line against threats twice... only for nobody who claims that they want to see change to stand alongside me either.

There were no threats that spilt over in to anything more than that, but the apathy from those who have claimed they were against what has been going on at the club was very apparent too!!!

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well Mr Chops, ok to criticise others hey but never heard you mention that at the trowel and hammer?!, if only you were as pro-active as you were at trawling the net!. At least NCISA have attempted to at least make a start.....

[/quote]

Exactly... top knob!!! [Y]

I wonder if Mr Tilson still thinks he is a good guy???

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]If i could be guaranteed the percentage profit the club have made from selling players as stated clearly in the last three annual reports [/quote]

So you like the benefit of hindsight before making a decision.....???? LOL

Not so courageous with your own money then

I''ll have my mortgage paid off soon and will then be looking for timberland to invest in thanks

Come on, be honest. There is not a single poster on here that would invest in a football player over land and you know it

What a stupid answer IBA ^^^^^^^^^

I most certainly would chhose to invest in football players rather than land if I had previously chosen to invest in a FOOTBALL CLUB. [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

What a stupid answer IBA ^^^^^^^^^

I most certainly would chhose to invest in football players rather than land if I had previously chosen to invest in a FOOTBALL CLUB. [:$]

[/quote]

So true. She is the figurhead of a football club, not a land dealer.

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]If i could be guaranteed the percentage profit the club have made from selling players as stated clearly in the last three annual reports [/quote] So you like the benefit of hindsight before making a decision.....???? LOL Not so courageous with your own money then I''ll have my mortgage paid off soon and will then be looking for timberland to invest in thanks Come on, be honest. There is not a single poster on here that would invest in a football player over land and you know it[/quote]

IBA, investing in players has paid off big-time in recent years and the land investment is a noose around the clubs neck.  At some point the club took a strategic decision that re-investing large amounts in the team was too risky and decided to focus on infrastructure instead of players, and if we go down or stay at the lower end of the Champs most of those investments will be white elephants.  Crowds inevitably dropping below 20,000 will affect everything- sponsorship, catering, merchandise, corporate hospitality etc.

I`m not going to get into a debate about investment strategy with someone who clearly struggles to see anything other than black and white, but let`s just say that what might be a sensible investment for a "steady Eddie" looking for long-term safe returns, might not be good for an entertainment company who need quick access to cash (rather than having it tied up in illiquid assets) to ensure the entertainment on offer is respectable and of a high enough standard to keep it`s customers coming back for more.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gareth Lights"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

100 protesters...

Please explain.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Mr Carrow, I missed this yesterday. I don''t really see your point , unless you are suggesting that the use of the word bollocks in a non personal context is threatening? Reading the thread it seems to be used to express exasperation at someone who is trying to claim that 100 people constitute the majority of fans despite logical argument to the contrary.

As I pointed out to Canary Nut (who strangely failed to reply), the inescapable question is not to do with me, but rather to do with the large number of people who regularly gob off on here but didn''t have either the balls or commitment to be at the C&H on Sunday.Whichever way you look at it, it was a big embarrassment for the anti board faction,and will set back the cause of any genuine protest.

As to your question in another post, I was there becuase I was interested to see if the strength of feeling amongst fans was as strong as its often painted on here,and now I have the answer!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

investing in players has paid off big-time in recent years

[/quote]

Investing in players can pay off big time,   but just as often does not.   All 4 professional leagues are full of teams that have invested heavily in players but have not made progress this or in previous years.

The key thing is getting the right players together led by the right manager backed at the right time by the board..  That is a difficult mix to hit - both recent owner issued opportunities to invest at the right time (current board on relegation,  previous one to back O''Neill when he asked).  

Look at  the outperforming teams in recent years,  it is not about big money;  its about team work, right mix of  experience and skills in the squad led by an ambitious manager helped by a dollop of luck. 

Success on the pitch is not about financial investment - if it was this squad would be just outside the play-off spots;  it is about passion and teamwork;  something that we are lacking. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you are right in the fact that this protest was either a total wind up or never at the advanced stage which Gareth tried to have people believe (hence why I could not even be bothered to give The Coach & Horses a look on Sunday).

This does not alter the fact that extremely negative and somewhat sinister comments have been posted every time a protest has been mentioned on here by those who do not agree with one.

If people want to protest then they should just be allowed to get on with it.

If you are trying to claim that there was no hostility towards the Chase Out Protests from those fans who did not agree with them then you have clearly suffered from memory loss in recent years.

[/quote]

Yes, I agree that there was a lot of hostility towards the Chase out protestors, but the fact is that those who wish to promote revolution always have to win over the majority in order to generate sufficient momentum,and that requires bravery. Unfortunately, what Sunday proved beyond a shadow of a doubt was that there is (currently at least) no will to force the board out, because the vast majority of fans accept that to eject the board with no alternative is simply to hasten the process of decline that we have lived with over the last few years. The only workable suggestion that has been put forward in the last couple of days is Blah''s of a direct approach to Cullum. I believe that if you could show that there was an alternative you could reach critical mass, but no-one is going to buy the argument of "no-one knew there was an alternative when we got rid of Chase". Everything is different now, not just the economy, but football itself. A revolution is one thing, but an ultimately nihilistic personal witch hunt is another.

I agree that people should be free to protest.They were on Sunday, but they didn''t.Simple fact, I''m afraid.

Protest this,protest that, fake protests.

Will anybody ever get round to a real one? Time after time the anti boarders post about what should be done,get 4 pages of agreement and then don''t do it.

There''s an old saying that springs to mind.......................Put up or shut up.[;)]

The only real solution is a St Andrews style meeting to get a feel of what people really want. And yes I would be there. I think the NCISA hold the key in all this but have to be given time to see if it''s worth bothering as there is not much point if only 20-30 people want it.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

investing in players has paid off big-time in recent years

[/quote]

Investing in players can pay off big time,   but just as often does not.   All 4 professional leagues are full of teams that have invested heavily in players but have not made progress this or in previous years.

The key thing is getting the right players together led by the right manager backed at the right time by the board..  That is a difficult mix to hit - both recent owner issued opportunities to invest at the right time (current board on relegation,  previous one to back O''Neill when he asked).  

Look at  the outperforming teams in recent years,  it is not about big money;  its about team work, right mix of  experience and skills in the squad led by an ambitious manager helped by a dollop of luck. 

Success on the pitch is not about financial investment - if it was this squad would be just outside the play-off spots;  it is about passion and teamwork;  something that we are lacking. 

[/quote]

I agree with most of that ZLF, but the fact is that within months of finishing receiving £14.2m parachute payments and selling some £18m worth of players, we had a squad which cost less than we received for one player- D.Ashton.  How on earth was our squad allowed to become so poor when we had £7.1m per season advantage over most other clubs in our league and massive amounts coming in from selling players?  And now, hilariously, we get the "How can we compete with those lucky clubs with parachute payments?" from the club!  We didn`t even try to compete when we had them, and if we are having to throw more money at the team now it`s because the squad was asset-stripped so much that we became obvious relegation fodder.

Stoke, W.Brom, Hull etc. built decent squads and spent a bit to build on them and are reaping the financial rewards.  We flogged off millions of pounds worth of talent and tried to replace it with freebies, cheapies and loans and in the process have compromised the future of the club.  We may have "saved" money by not spending it on players, but we have "lost" the chance of a £50m promotion and are in a downward spiral which could well end in administration within the next few years.