Sign in to follow this  
Hughesy

what is the funniest thing you have ever heard someone say at a match?

[;)][quote user="C T"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="C T"]

''Lets be ''avin you, COME ON, where are you?'' Single stupidest thing that I have EVER heard

[/quote]

Clearly you''ve lived an incredibly sheltered life then.

I''d recommend getting out a bit more.
[/quote]

No, he''s young and he doesn''t follow politicians yet.

[/quote]

Jealous? [:P]

[/quote]

No I despise them all.  You may learn that eventually or not as the case may be or you may sign your life up to them.[;)]

For me, it was a few weeks back when we took our sons friend (9) to that mecca that is PR(!!).

As usual during a match afer yet another nonsensical referring decision (I have long since come to the conclusion, unlike when I was younger when I thought they were biased, that referees are just crap and don''t seem to watch the same game as the rest of the crowd), there was a chorus of "the referees a w**ker". 

James was there singing away (I was a little concerned about what his parents would say), the crowd stopped and he continued at the top of his voice "the referee likes wine gums" a good 3 or 4 more times. Oh the innocence!  After picking myself up off the floor from laughing along with most others near us, I was actually quite relieved!  I made sure my son (same age but a veteren of many many games) didn''t enlighten him to the real words!

I remember QPR away, one boxing day. We lost and ended up with Malky upfront on his own.

A bloke next to me, was shouting at Gavin Peacock "Peacock you''re a w*anker" every time he got the ball. After a while a steward came over and told him not to swear.

A few minutes later Peacock gets the ball, "Peacock you''ve got masterbational tendencies!"

In the Barcley a couple or so years ago when Crofty had just lost a little of his excess weight.

At one point he made a typical run down the wing only to cross straight to the keeper. A great fat guy next to me stands up an yells out "I thought you''d lost some F*ing weight Croft, you look like me running down the wing".

[quote user="AndyJR"]"Coolnee it even thart gud"  (as said by a gent in the Lower Barclay)

Crazy man, it''s world class.

[/quote]

to be fair Andy thats what the club tells us.. is it really world class compared to the facilities at Carrington (Man utd) or Chelski? all we have is a giant white indoor training facility with a gym in it... Speak to players who have played at the very top level (EG Dion, Hucks, Helveg)  and our facilities are good for our standard but pretty mediocre by the standards of the big boys....

I asked Helveg at the prem open day about colney and he thought the facilities were ok but when you have played for Inter and AC milan you realise that they are very basic at best.

jas :)

Probably one of the people who sit near me on and off during the season...

If the referee or linesman makes a big mistake he''ll wait about 30 seconds, and once it''s gone quiet just blurt out:

"You''re a disgrace to the flag linesman" or "You''re a disgrace to the cards ref", a good bit of banter I think.

There was a chap at the Derby game who seemed in insistent on always saying something to the Derby fans. As a result he found himself slating their local Tourism.

I quote: ''YEAH AND YA TOURISM IS SH$%T TOO, YOU SAY YOU''VE GOT LOADS LOADS OF HILLS EVERYWHERE BUT YOU HAVEN''T, YOU''RE LYING, ITS BORING'' bear in mind this was said at the very top of his voice and it wasn''t until he got to the word HILLS that he started to realsie he was making a crap point!!! Made me chuckle tho!

Sitting in the old South Stand with my grandad and a couple of his mates, we were playing Wimbledon and it was 0-0 and a terrible introduction to the joys of NCFC for me, but my grandads mate brightened up the occasion by standing up in the silent stand, with a deeply established norfolk accent and cheered "Meat Pie, Sausage Roll, Come on Norwich, Give us a goal!!" 30 secs later foxy stuck in a deflected shot!! maybe worth bringing that one back!!

the bloke next to me said, ironically, this afternoon

"come on Croft, get into a good position and then completely waste it - you just have to believe"

[quote user="Blue"]Sorry about the spellings in that - I should have proof read it before posting![/quote]

its ok you''re an ipswi** fan, no education leads us to expect nothing better......

Funniest thing heard at a match?

For me, 1995, forget who we were playing, but at the end the PA piped up with

"Man Utd 9 Ip***ch 0"

Still makes me smile to this day.

[quote user="BarclayBoyPete"]

colchester away last season

a proper norfolk man, shouting at colchesters keeper

"heree it comes gerken you f*cking pen1s"

[/quote]

LMAO i was at that game next to that guy, I HATE GERKENS, Your just a relish in a burger, relish in a burger,Your just a relish in a burger. LOL i miss layer road:( 

The 2 blokes who si behind me on saturdays game were aguing about jamie cureton. one of them said "all jamie needs is a tap in and he''ll be fine" so the other said "we''ll get a f*ckin plumber in then"

lol

About 1988, I think... Rosario went up for a header and fell over.Bloke behind me (Barclay lower) with a broad Norfolk accent:"Oi, Rosie!  Yew oughta be wearin'' a clown''s nose!"

After big Iwan missed a penalty at the Barclay end, some bloke shouting ''next time take it with your head'', amused me some what.

Another Iwan one from somewhere in the Barclay - after an impossible ball was played some way in front of him for him to run onto:

"C''mon Iwan, use your pace"

i do not know if anyone else has ever posted this before but i wanted to know if you have been to a match heard somebody say something that made you laugh.

last week when i was at derby i heard somebody behind me say "if hoolahan had his hair cut i think he would play better" (i couldnt help but laugh lol)

That if you wear Stone Island, You wanna kill someone.

the most annoying would be the idiot a couple of rows behind me yawning every 2 minutes :|

A little off topic but yeah..

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]the most annoying would be the idiot a couple of rows behind me yawning every 2 minutes :|[/quote]Whoever that is has got the right idea however...

Though what this man said is highly controvesial, I couldnt help but laugh at the rude boy cockney twang delivery.

"SPECTOR YOU SPASTIC!!!!"

West Ham vs Portsmouth

8th Apr 2008

Two spring to mind,

1990''s against Forest - lost 6-1 I think 2 forest fans were enjoying the day and were taking the mikey out of an old norfolk gent about ploughing his field. - must say it was very good humoured - finally the farmer snapped back if you to young''uns don''t shut up I''ll give you each a couple of Acres!!

And one from a couple of years back Marcs Bent came back to haunt us for Wigan i think? scored and the guy behind me proclaimed "that guys miles better than Rooney" - who had just been sold to Man Utd and scored a hat-trick on his European debut. 

1. harsh but was funny - preparing for one minute silence started it, some fan comes up from the stand and shouts "who''s f*cking died this week then"

probably last thing you expect to hear during the silence

2. beat crewe 4-0 away two years running! crewe announcer both matches " crewe alexanders man of the match sponsored by ....... is ........." who happend to be the goalkeeper who conceded 4 goals both seasons