Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magoo

Cureton in the evening news

“My main concern is to get in the team. The goals at the moment aren''t too big a deal because I''m not playing - 20 minutes here or there, if I don''t score in that period I don''t put that down as too bad.

“It''s when I start that I really think about that side of it. But at the moment it''s just trying to do as much as possible in that 20 minutes to get that starting berth. If I keep doing that, wait and see. I''ve just got to bide my time and hope I get in.”

Quote taken from todays evening news. Maybe his lack of scoring is not a big deal for him as he feels its only 20 mins here and there, but what about the fact that other than friendlies its 6 months since he scored. Also what about people like OJ who would probably love 20 mins a match to try and score?

A goal only takes seconds to score, why does Cureton feel that he should be able to justify not scoring when he is only on 20 minutes? Plenty of players have come on as subs and had an impact regardless of the time they were on the pitch.

If he truly is trying to do as much as possible, then I think that he should be worried about not scoring and needs to concentrate all his efforts on hitting the back of the net. He has not been an influence in the team since arriving from Colchester and I for one would really rather see others such as OJ and Lupoli given oppurtunities. He really is lucky that he is able to bide his time!

To be fair to Jamie, the games I''ve been to this year he has had little or no service, only half chance I can remember him having (not regarding the Cardiff penalty) is where he got himself into a fairly good position at Plymouth but shot it straight at the keeper. He runs himself into the ground though and against Birmingham he won us a couple of corners we should never of had, but his service from midfield has been poor, guarantee though if he gets a chance he will bag it.

Unfortunately for Jamie on the bench is where he belongs, he''s just not good enough. Would be fantastic if he was good enough but he isn''t.

[quote user="GJP"]Unfortunately for Jamie on the bench is where he belongs, he''s just not good enough. Would be fantastic if he was good enough but he isn''t.[/quote]

Exactly what i was saying the other day to bloke that sits next to me!

[quote user="ellis206"]To be fair to Jamie, the games I''ve been to this year he has had little or no service, only half chance I can remember him having (not regarding the Cardiff penalty) is where he got himself into a fairly good position at Plymouth but shot it straight at the keeper. He runs himself into the ground though and against Birmingham he won us a couple of corners we should never of had, but his service from midfield has been poor, guarantee though if he gets a chance he will bag it.
[/quote]

What about his wonderful square pass to an offside lupoli when one on one?

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Sell him in the next window. He''s way out of his depth nowdays.[:(][/quote]

He''s the only recognizable striker we own right now, I don''t think he''ll be going anywhere anytime soon, I haven''t completely given up on Jamie, I''ve accepted that he isn''t as good as I hoped he would be when we first signed him, but none the less whiles he''s still playing for City i''ll back him all the way, sooner or latter he will score but he will never be a 15-20 goals a season man.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]

“My main concern is to get in the team. The goals at the moment aren''t too big a deal because I''m not playing - 20 minutes here or there, if I don''t score in that period I don''t put that down as too bad.

“It''s when I start that I really think about that side of it. But at the moment it''s just trying to do as much as possible in that 20 minutes to get that starting berth. If I keep doing that, wait and see. I''ve just got to bide my time and hope I get in.”

Quote taken from todays evening news. Maybe his lack of scoring is not a big deal for him as he feels its only 20 mins here and there, but what about the fact that other than friendlies its 6 months since he scored. Also what about people like OJ who would probably love 20 mins a match to try and score?

A goal only takes seconds to score, why does Cureton feel that he should be able to justify not scoring when he is only on 20 minutes? Plenty of players have come on as subs and had an impact regardless of the time they were on the pitch.

If he truly is trying to do as much as possible, then I think that he should be worried about not scoring and needs to concentrate all his efforts on hitting the back of the net. He has not been an influence in the team since arriving from Colchester and I for one would really rather see others such as OJ and Lupoli given oppurtunities. He really is lucky that he is able to bide his time!

[/quote]

Any opportunity for a cheap shot at Jamie''s expence eh?..........its a shame you didn''t mention his wonderful ''nutmug'' pass to Croft for the winning goal on Saturday isn''t it?[:|]

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]

[/quote]From what I''ve seen of OJ, he couldn''t score in 200 mins let alone 20 mins!

I have defended Jamie alot but sadly i think its time we parted ways... his confidence is gone completely and he doesnt change games when he comes on really.. he did set Crofty up on Saturday but he needs to score goals regularly which he doesnt do.

Its not worked out for him coming back sadly and i would wish him all the best if he left

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I have defended Jamie alot but sadly i think its time we parted ways... his confidence is gone completely and he doesnt change games when he comes on really.. he did set Crofty up on Saturday but he needs to score goals regularly which he doesnt do.

Its not worked out for him coming back sadly and i would wish him all the best if he left

[/quote]

Hard to disagree with any of that I am afraid

Maybe he just needs more time to work on being an ''impact'' type of player. After all, I should imagine it requires different fitness regimes and a different mind-set.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]

[/quote]

Any opportunity for a cheap shot at Jamie''s expence eh?..........its a shame you didn''t mention his wonderful ''nutmug'' pass to Croft for the winning goal on Saturday isn''t it?[:|]

[/quote]

wiz normally you criticise strikers for not scoring but lil ol'' jamie is excused because he set up crofty [:s]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One assist does not make a season Wiz. He needs to start scoring and right now he is 3rd choice becuase he is the third best.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]And his slide-rule defence splitting pass to Lupoli against Blackpool...  oh - you mean it was a shot?

[quote user="ellis206"]To be fair to Jamie, the games I''ve been to this year he has had little or no service, only half chance I can remember him having (not regarding the Cardiff penalty) is where he got himself into a fairly good position at Plymouth but shot it straight at the keeper. He runs himself into the ground though and against Birmingham he won us a couple of corners we should never of had, but his service from midfield has been poor, guarantee though if he gets a chance he will bag it.
[/quote]

Ellis old chap. More often than not we tend to agree on most things NCFC but on this occasion I beg to differ.  Jamie boy has missed countless chances this season already and given the chance will soon be catching up on last season.  As for running himself into the ground? Hmmm[^o)] My friend and I made a point of watching him on Saturday when he came on to see exactly how much contibution he made and were very disappointed.  Whenever one of our midfield had the ball he was practically stationary, hovering around the D, waiing for someone to find him! (Mind you he probably knows Fozzy will pass sideways anyway) In stark contrast, when Lupoli is on he runs non stop, left to right, dropping deeper or heading goalwards, always on the move, which is probably why he''s so knackered after 60mins.  Why can''t Jamie do this for 20?  In fairness though, on the one occasion I remember he moving to the right, we did score.  Lesson to be learned perhaps?  You would have hoped he didn''t need to learn that at his age.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

And his slide-rule defence splitting pass to Lupoli against Blackpool...  oh - you mean it was a shot?

[/quote]

Is that the same Lupoli who can''t last 45 minutes...........let alone 90 Mr C?[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]And his slide-rule defence splitting pass to Lupoli against Blackpool...  oh - you mean it was a shot?[/quote]

Is that the same Lupoli who can''t last 45 minutes...........let alone 90 Mr C?[:|]

[/quote]I''d rather have 45 minutes in a Lotus than 90 minutes on a horse and cart.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

And his slide-rule defence splitting pass to Lupoli against Blackpool...  oh - you mean it was a shot?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d rather have 45 minutes in a Lotus than 90 minutes on a horse and cart.

[/quote]

Both get the same job done though!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]And his slide-rule defence splitting pass to Lupoli against Blackpool...  oh - you mean it was a shot?[/quote]

[/quote]I''d rather have 45 minutes in a Lotus than 90 minutes on a horse and cart.[/quote]

Both get the same job done though!.

[/quote]Lupoli - 3 goals this season.Cureton.......Well well well.

i dont know about you lot, but im getting fed up with seeing his rubbish little face on the back of the evening news AT LEAST once a week since he has been sh*t (start of season)All he goes on about is how hes going to score etc And he never does, you would of thought he would of shut up and focussed abit more on his performances as apose to telling everyone one thing and week after week not delivering. he must feel so stupid week after weeek''''im going to do this'''' ''''''im going to do that '''' no your not, your past it and look like a budgie when you have a bandage on your head.Pipe down.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]i dont know about you lot, but im getting fed up with seeing his rubbish little face on the back of the evening news AT LEAST once a week since he has been sh*t (start of season)

All he goes on about is how hes going to score etc

And he never does, you would of thought he would of shut up and focussed abit more on his performances as apose to telling everyone one thing and week after week not delivering. he must feel so stupid week after weeek

''''im going to do this'''' ''''''im going to do that ''''

no your not, your past it and look like a budgie when you have a bandage on your head.

Pipe down.
[/quote]

Urdie, all players, especially the Doc it seems, have to give these ''morale boasting'' interviews as part of their loyality deals in their contracts.

No doubt Mr Chops can find an old thread which proves this!![;)]

[quote user="james norwich"]He''ll bag 10+ goals this season & should start @ Barnsley.[/quote]

Why should he?

He''s not got the same presence or class as Sibierski and he''s not as dangerous as Lupoli.

Even Darel Russell gives you more upfront.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]agreed jas - against soton at home early last season - he looked sharp and was brimming with confidence - i thought s**t JC is looking good here, well done peter - i mean, JC has always been desrcibed as a natural goalscorer by his previous managers...granty had a go cos JC was ''selfishly'' goin for a hattrick last season - this term??? i can''t see the little fella scoring any at the mo - he''s full of enthusiam is JC, but honestly, he looks like his legs have gone - between now and that soton game, the boy only looks like a league 1 player now...i''m gutted for him - but he just don''t look upto the standard req''d anymore...is it simply a loss of form, or  a loss of physical attributes thats a work here???

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I''m sure I''ve read that Lupoli got a minor injury hence he was taken off.

I remember you moaning about the ''blind faith'' some positive fans had about Worthy - it''s like your ''blind faith'' to JC.

Lucky Green, I totally agree with your comments, if enthusiasm alone counted then he would deserve a place, but as you have said his legs have gone and league 1 would suit him far better. I really do not believe that he has the physiacl attributes left within him to be more than a backup squad player for use in emergencies only, however as reflected by Wizards comments some people really do see him as a returning hero who will be worth his weight in gold later in the season.

I hope I am wrong but its time for him to meet up with Dion, Iwan etc for retirement planning. Or maybe he could go play in the USA?

Its a case of looking at what he brings to the team.

Pace? No

Strength? No

Aerial Ability? No

Assists? Well except for saturday, not really

Goals? No

So what have we got? Enthusiasm basically, and even thats waning as the dry spell goes on.