Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise Funds For Foncy , with the pink un Pickers .

Now here we are again , its time to make those selections on the Free Bet thread , after last weeks excitement with the wonderful Mr Chops doing us all proud , we don''t intend to let up , I feel its win, win, win, all the way with that wonderful team of Pickers that we have , what a squad we have got together . I will tell you what, no one would be more delighted than Dixmar Racing I am sure if we won every week .

The Picker in charge of the Free Bet this week is the wonderful brave P''boro and you all know its going to be there or there abouts with P''boro , you only have to look at the bottom of this page to realise that us at the Free Bet desk know what we are talking about . so come on all you lovely old Pickers , just give P''boro your best single selection , (your "nap") It doesn''t matter if someone else has selected it before you, still give it , I don''t want you giving your second best to our wonderful club , only your very best will do to the greatest club in the land , the one and only Norwich City ....arrdee.

Can I be really stupid, ardee? ("better than anyone else I know", I hear you reply)We just make one prediction from this weekend''s games, is that right? Does it have to be a win?

OK Ray, we have to be at our best today as it is the successful Pboro and we need to extend his fame !

I suppose at first sight the Chelsea v Spurs result looks obvious home win, but although they did us a favour last week they were unconvincing and it is a Local Derby.

So therefore I am going down to the minnows'' league and plumping for Mansfield to beat Grays Athletic which looks just as good a bet to me and may well be a better price.

There you go Pboro, fill your boots and good luck mate !    MANSFIELD HOME WIN !

AC Milan to beat newly promoted Bologna at home. First week of the italian season, and the traditional heavyweight AC are heavy favourites to beat one of the main relegation candidates. The only factor im wary about is the Kaka saga, but they should have enough to get by.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Can I be really stupid, ardee? ("better than anyone else I know", I hear you reply)We just make one prediction from this weekend''s games, is that right? Does it have to be a win?

[/quote]One prediction yes, and it can be home win, away win or draw. Good to have you on board!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Can I be really stupid, ardee? ("better than anyone else I know", I hear you reply)

We just make one prediction from this weekend''s games, is that right? Does it have to be a win?

[/quote]

Hi Rob , always pleased to talk to you , you lovely old boy , well no it doesn''t have to be a win , you can go for a draw as well but most Pickers go for a home victory as there are more home victory''s in the football league than any other result , there are something like 30 homes every week in the English and Scottish leagues and if you add all the European leagues as well there are hundreds , remember we are only looking for 6 on our line , sounds easy doesn''t it Robert ? So all you have to do is just make that single selection your "nap" and you will be helping our wonderful club , Remember Robert If you get it wrong it doesn''t matter , there is no finger pointing on these pages , its just a piece of fun for TRUE City fans. Talk to you later Robert....arrdee.

I''m going for Chelsea to hand out more misery to Tottenham - they have Carling Cup revenge on their minds and Spurs look shoddy right now.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Can I be really stupid, ardee? ("better than anyone else I know", I hear you reply)We just make one prediction from this weekend''s games, is that right? Does it have to be a win?

[/quote]

Hi Rob , always pleased to talk to you , you lovely old boy , well no it doesn''t have to be a win , you can go for a draw as well but most Pickers go for a home victory as there are more home victory''s in the football league than any other result , there are something like 30 homes every week in the English and Scottish leagues and if you add all the European leagues as well there are hundreds , remember we are only looking for 6 on our line , sounds easy doesn''t it Robert ? So all you have to do is just make that single selection your "nap" and you will be helping our wonderful club , Remember Robert If you get it wrong it doesn''t matter , there is no finger pointing on these pages , its just a piece of fun for TRUE City fans. Talk to you later Robert....arrdee.

[/quote]Where does that leave Lapp then [;)][:P]

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Can I be really stupid, ardee? ("better than anyone else I know", I hear you reply)

We just make one prediction from this weekend''s games, is that right? Does it have to be a win?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where does that leave Lapp then [;)][:P]
[/quote]

Now now Fellas behave , You know lovely old Lapp has set his mind on beating 1st Wazz and finishing top of the Pickers league , which I am sure he will achieve , looking at his league position at this very moment , I err! err! I err! err! ....Anyhow keep those selections coming in to help P''boro....arrdee.

First of all I was going to wish good luck Pboro but after last seasons exploits I don''t think its needed, a winner on the Free Bet thread is a surefire winner.

My nap this week is going to be Sheffield U to win at home to Cardiff, a good favourite for the league in my book Sheffield U have got off too a good start and managed to get Billy Sharp scoring again.

Also Arrdee is it possible to put the cumulative total of winnings of the free bet at the bottom right so it shows everyone how much the free bet thread has earned.

as usual, sticking to the champs - i fancy a little tickle on good ole NCFC this week...wot, i hear you cry - against the league leaders brum, unbeaten in the league???yeah, but its early doors, brum are yet fully wound up, while NCFC are super fit, and with brum fielding a half-strength side last night and losing to soton - i think maybe they won''t be on top form...not exactly jaded, but vulnerable???meanwhile, roedy will have wound up the city boys all week - wes will be eager to prove roedy wrong, straining on the leash - you bet???also, its gonna be humid on sat - which works against brums team of 6 footers...wiry players is wot you need in these conditions - so beware of the NCFC hobbits, they''re poachers in the box!!!yep, make no mistake - if city are still level with 30 mins to go, we have a great chance of turning this mob over,,,strength in depth my @rse!!!  mind you, if we succumb, it could all be over by half-time,,,but nah...NCFC to beat BRUM/,.

Thanks for all the encouragement and faith - I will do my best to repay you my fellow pickers and raise some money into the bargain!

I am glad to see the eye of one or two veteren pickers has already been drawn to the Conference this weekend - wise pickers clearly realising that being a week ahead there is some form to be spotted there (like your style guys).  Likewise Scotland has an appeal to me - and my own pick for this week is going to be Partick to win at home to Ross County which looks nailed on for me.  Still five slots up for grabs though pickers.

Keep the selections coming in though folks as I dont see too many bankers leaping off the fixture list and I will need all the help I can get.  Anyone else going to follow TC and look to Europe?  I must confess to being no expert on football over there but a good nap is a good nap if anyone wants to make a suggestion.

Will be making my selections on Friday evening so you have plenty of time to get thinking - lets have plenty of choices please.....

Now you lovely old Pickers , I am off to Spain for my "nap" this week . I cant see Atletico Madrid being beat  , I know its the first match of the season but even so . Its Atletico Madrid for me ....arrdee.

[quote user="Canary Chris"]MIDDLESBROUGH looking good this season. To beat Stoke.

PS: Never done this before I aim to get 100% this season!
[/quote]

Well done Chris , Welcome aboard , I am sure you will be one of the top tipster''s in Nuttys league , along side the lovely old Lap....err!!! I mean the lovely old 1st Wazz....err!!!...Well anyway good luck Chris....arrdee.

Good evening Pink''un Pickers. I''d like to wish the best of luck to P''boro, although I doubt you''ll need it, and I''m confident you''ll be the second person to go down in history with two successful weeks at the helm! [Y]Having a look at the fixtures, one of them stands out and it''s the same as yours P''boro. So my nap is Partick to beat Ross County [Y]And again best of luck P''boro. And hopefully we can get even more naps this week than last week, which really would be an acheivement to boot! [B]

Looks like a tricky week to me!

The one that sticks out to me is on sunday

Chelsea  v  Spurs  - Home win

Chelsea look good, Spurs look like they couldn''t score in a brothel, only one result, revenge from the carling cup.

Please pick this so i can have an excuse to have another all dayer on sunday! as if i needed one[;)]

Right. On the fixture list im looking at it has in big letters ''OFF'' next to the manchester United game. If this game is not off, then my nap is a Manchester United win at home to Fulham. Blatently going to happen! pick it if its on.

If it isn''t which I suspect is the case. My nap for this weak lies with Leeds United at home to Bristol rovers. bristol have only picked up one point so far (yes i know only 2 games but still 6 points up for grabs). Leeds may only have 4 themselves but on the back of an excellent 4-0 win at higher opposition Palace confidence will be high and I am sure this will be a win also. So pick Leeds to beat Bristol Rovers at Home!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Right. On the fixture list im looking at it has in big letters ''OFF'' next to the manchester United game. If this game is not off, then my nap is a Manchester United win at home to Fulham. Blatently going to happen! pick it if its on.

If it isn''t which I suspect is the case. My nap for this weak lies with Leeds United at home to Bristol rovers. bristol have only picked up one point so far (yes i know only 2 games but still 6 points up for grabs). Leeds may only have 4 themselves but on the back of an excellent 4-0 win at higher opposition Palace confidence will be high and I am sure this will be a win also. So pick Leeds to beat Bristol Rovers at Home!

[/quote]

Now Shaun , you lovely old boy did you mention Bristol Rov''s ? err!! I think Sports desk Pete will be having a word with you [:D]....arrdee.

Greetings all.

Heading into League 1 this week and going with

Cheltenham v Leicester - Away win

All the best P''boro, hoping for a double.

MK DONS to beat Swindon at home

Trying to continue my 100% record on the free bet this season. Good luck - hope you''re better at accumulators than me haha!

leicester to beat cheltenham away 1/1 looks great value - foxes need to 3pts from these to go up

leeds to beat brizzle rovers 1/2 - leeds beat palace 4-0, bristol r beat hereford 6-1 last week, but probably have used their goals/luck up in one game scoring that many

darlington to beat macclesfield 6/5 - darlington one more superior sides in that league, macclesfield hadnt scored in league this season. and although valiant effort were put to the sword by whu in 120mins. meaning they will be fatigued

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

My nap for this weak lies with Leeds United at home to Bristol rovers. bristol have only picked up one point so far (yes i know only 2 games but still 6 points up for grabs). Leeds may only have 4 themselves but on the back of an excellent 4-0 win at higher opposition Palace confidence will be high and I am sure this will be a win also. So pick Leeds to beat Bristol Rovers at Home!

[/quote]

Bristol Rovers are above Leeds with 4 points after scoring 6 last weekend, but I don''t think they''ll beat Dirty Leeds either.

100%ers and table-toppers Oldham should be too strong for Col Utd at the Cuckoo though.