Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise Funds For Foncy , with the pink un Pickers .

Got to go for a home win for the mighty Ebbsfleet United against the out of sorts Oxford United in the BSP.

Up The Fleet!

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Although, it is with sadness, that it has been revealed Nutty Nigel is not called Nigel! So its a good job he''s got a comedy real name to compensate!!! (Sorry Nigel - couldn''t resist! - bet you hate the Winter Olympics[;)])

[/quote]

It''s Ok Leeds. The Winter Olympics have been kind to me [Y] Since the fame of my namesake I have had football teams, cricket teams dart teams and snooker teams called ''Eddies Eagles'' There was even once a ladies  team called ''Eddies Eaglets''[:O]

Nutty Nigel was a comedy name given to a previous Norwich manager who I felt got a lot of uncalled for personal abuse on here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Although, it is with sadness, that it has been revealed Nutty Nigel is not called Nigel! So its a good job he''s got a comedy real name to compensate!!! (Sorry Nigel - couldn''t resist! - bet you hate the Winter Olympics[;)])

[/quote]

It''s Ok Leeds. The Winter Olympics have been kind to me [Y] Since the fame of my namesake I have had football teams, cricket teams dart teams and snooker teams called ''Eddies Eagles'' There was even once a ladies  team called ''Eddies Eaglets''[:O]

Nutty Nigel was a comedy name given to a previous Norwich manager who I felt got a lot of uncalled for personal abuse on here.

[/quote]

Well Nutty, seems as though we have an olympic size record number of pickers this week.

How you cope with recording and monitoring all of them deserves a Gold medal, if not that, at least Arrdee should award you an extra pound of sausages as overtime payment..

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]seems as though we have an olympic size record number of pickers this week. [/quote]

Yep, but lets not ease up as we approach the finish line - keep the tips coming.

Interestingly we already have 5 naps selected by at least 3 pickers to give me something to think about, plus 2 other games where pickers have plumped for different results in the same game (City are tipped to win, lose or draw depending on who you believe!).

I will be posting the final selection list about 9PM this evening so make sure you get any last thoughts in before that.

Partick thistle to beat ross county.  nailed on cert.  at home.  9 points plays 1 point. 4 matches in.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]Carlisle to beat Yeovil is my guess.[/quote]

Hello, hello , Lapp, it seems to me your old mate the lovely old Wass has washed his hands of you . He seems to have distanced himself from you , just a few words making his selection , uumm!! I think he has looked at your position in Nuttys league and said "S.. him , he is going to bring me down to his level"  but there you are you wanted to cozy up together against the lovely arrdee and I heard you whispering how you were going to take arrdee apart and take over the Free Bet and call it your very own . It seems to me Lapp you are out on your own . Good Luck .Lets hope you get a "nap" right this season , I know its asking a bit much as there are only about 40 weeks left , but I am sure I can get a win out of you somehow , have you ever thought about a blindfold and a pin ? You lovely old boy ....[:D]....arrdee....

OK, time to make the selections:

1. Partick v Ross Cnty (Home win) - my own choice backed up by Fellas, Scooby and 7rew

2. Chelsea v Spurs (Home win) - Chelsea are really tight at the back, Spurs unsettled, payback for Carling Cup all combine to have me in agreement with Mr C, DWBDDB, and Canary Ryan

3. Barrow v Stevenage (Home win) - picked twice from across the pond and has a nailed on look to it

4. Leeds v Bristol R (Home win) - thought long and hard over this one, but I reckon Leeds ought to have the beating of them and it also got selected by 3 pickers

5. MK Dons v Swindon (Home win) - how could such a group of star pickers as Beaker, Cos Twin, Lapp and Meth Canary all be wrong?  The Dons look good bets to be in the mix come the end of the season and Swindon don''t travel win historically

6. Ebbsfleet v Oxford (Home win) - a quick scout on the reports for Oxford so far this season suggest they have been dismal and I don''t see them turning it around away from home this weekend.

Lets hope they come good and I can stick it to the wonderful Mr Dixon again..........

By the way, I was so nearly taken by all the tips for Leicester to win at Cheltenham but ultimately away form can be fickle at this stage in the season and Leicester were hardly the greatest away from the Crisp Bowl last season.  I have an awful feeling though that I may have egg on my face come 5pm Saturday [:$]

Thanks for all the tips though guys, it''s a tough call to make and some people have to miss out.

Now lets all get crossing everything we have for a few winners.

Good luck Pboro_Canary, I sense another win coming our way.I note that the one and only Arrdee picked the same nap as me this week. Should I be worried [^o)][;)]

Yes well done P''boro they really look good , I think we have an outstanding chance  again this week , I hope you enjoyed yourself in charge of the Free Bet this week , I am sure you did , thats the name of the game , enjoyment and I know all you City fans will be waiting for the k.o. tomorrow afternoon .Well done once again P''boro and your selections will be on in the morning with Dixmar Racing ....arrdee.

I have a question...

Im guessing we dont win anything for the academy unless every selection is correct. Right? And therefore.. what I wanted to know is - say this week all bar one result was wrong, that one result was my selection of Leeds winning against Bristol - would I still get the points on the pickers board thing. Or do they only count if the whole thing wins? hopefully that makes sense...

Your result is noted Shaun, regardless of the outcome of the final selections. You are 50% 1 from 2 at the moment and I''m sure you will be up there challengeing at the end of the season [Y]

Yes now you lovely old Pickers the bet is on , thanks to P''boro a wonderful job and well done sir and of course Dixmar the bet is......

4-5   Partick------------P''boro,Fellas,7rew,Scooby

2-5   Chelsea-----------Mr Chops,Devon,C Ryan

6-4   Barrow------------Newyork,Yankee

8-13  Leeds-------------Graham H,Shaun,B Bunter

1-1    M K Dons---------Beaker,Cosmic,Lapp,MethC

11-10 Ebbsfleet----------Berks,L Horn

Which will win for the Academy £417-43p I must just tell you this I put the same bet through a big Bookmakers just to see what they would pay , guess what ? £305 was the best they came up with , now I find this staggering that a small Bookmakers like Dixmar can wipe the floor with the big houses . I wonder how you would feel if you were successful with this bet only to find that Dixmars would have paid over £112 more. Billy Dixon informed me that "bonus" weeks would be 4 in number this season for us lovely old Pink Un Pickers with City 2 matches at home and 2 away , I am sure most of you understand what I am saying , If you don''t don''t be afraid to ask . So once again Its thanks to P''boro on a splendid job , you only have to look at the bottom of this message to know that the brave P''boro wont be found wanting .Good luck all . Talk to you lovely old Pickers later....arrdee.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Your result is noted Shaun, regardless of the outcome of the final selections. You are 50% 1 from 2 at the moment and I''m sure you will be up there challengeing at the end of the season [Y]

[/quote]

Excellent, thanks [Y] Damn Manchester United ... if only they didn''t pick the one time I choose them on the free bet thread to fail against Newcastle ...

Now you lovely old Pickers with an hour to go until the k.o. is everyone excited ? are we going to win two weeks on the trot? not arf[H]....arrdee.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][:$] - surely this must be some kind of a record [:''(][/quote]

No you weren''t I have never seen such a crazy set of results , How can we having the whipping boys of the lowest league Chester winning by a margin of 5 something .  I think you were on the end of a blip P''boro that will never be repeated ever again , such hard luck and I still think that the form has not settled down yet . I am so sorry for that P''boro but rest assured I will be calling on you in the new year to put us on our winning ways again ....arrdee