Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

i was so optomistic.....

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="ricky knight"]we should have more of his sort at carrow mate, you percy,s will be the death of this club, not the moaners, bottom line.[/quote]

blimey, who dug you up?
[/quote]

Come on, Marty - we just lost to a very good spurs side. Cue the angry mob!!

I mean it was a really important game too - wasn`t it ???!!![:D]

[/quote]

Fortunately i''d forgotten about this guys existence! even his avatar picture winds me up!
[/quote]

and which one are you in yours, the biggest i take it

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricky knight"]we should have more of his sort at carrow mate, you percy,s will be the death of this club, not the moaners, bottom line.[/quote]Yea hah, nancy Knight is back. How do you reckon supporters will be the death of our club?[/quote]

while the ground is full every week, what pressure is HRH Delia under, NONE, why have they got to bother to shell out, give it a go, SELL OUT, for GOD SAKE, This woman and her cronies have to go, they will drag this club to an all time low BELIEVE. BTW i aint back never been away, i said i would wait see our signings, Frankly not over impressed, lets hope we have a good season despite it all.[/quote]I know you''ve not been away, just busy. I just don''t get carried away by pre-season friendlies. If we had have won tonight, everyone would have been saying we were unbeatable so I''m keeping my powder dry until about six games have gone and then decide how we are looking. BTW, I will pop in to see you soon. Hope it''s going ok.  [Y]

Lol Ricky, tit or a guinea pig?hmmm

Early days I know, but we seemed seriously devoid of ideas - lets hope for a moral boosting win in the next one, 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Iwan Roberts"]What exactly do you mean by I''ll get what I deserve. My aim is to carry on supporting my team, I will achieve that, you sir, I suspect will not achieve whatever it is you are trying to achieve.[/quote]

I have achieved 55 years of it mate so I think I know what to expect more than you do.

You keep up your mindless support and get your pat on the head from Delia.

Some of us have been used to a lot better than this bunch of tossers and if a few more people had the gumption to put the board under pressure we might have it back again.[/quote]Why don''t you organise it then Ricardo?

[/quote]

Not worth organising... I proved last year that 99.9% of City fans are a total waste of space who get exactly what this crap board of ours serves them up year after year... [;)]

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="ricky knight"]we should have more of his sort at carrow mate, you percy,s will be the death of this club, not the moaners, bottom line.[/quote]blimey, who dug you up?[/quote]

Come on, Marty - we just lost to a very good spurs side. Cue the angry mob!!

I mean it was a really important game too - wasn`t it ???!!![:D]

[/quote]Fortunately i''d forgotten about this guys existence! even his avatar picture winds me up![/quote]

and which one are you in yours, the biggest i take it

[/quote]strange though it may seem (in your odd world), I am neither a guinea pig or a one of my girlfriends breasts! still, both would beat being a camp wrestler!

[quote user="Iwan Roberts"]

I support Norwich City. I don''t care who the board is, who the manager is or who the players are, they''ll all be gone when I''m still supporting the team. I sing my heart out, never, ever boo one of our own and am proud to be a Norwich fan and always will be.

What is there to be gained from having a go at the board or slagging off our own players. Nothing is the answer, nowt.

You carry on moaning and having a go at the board see where it gets you.

[/quote]

knob.......

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Iwan Roberts"]

I support Norwich City. I don''t care who the board is, who the manager is or who the players are, they''ll all be gone when I''m still supporting the team. I sing my heart out, never, ever boo one of our own and am proud to be a Norwich fan and always will be.

What is there to be gained from having a go at the board or slagging off our own players. Nothing is the answer, nowt.

[/quote]

knob.......

[/quote]

Spot on neil, unfortunately the majority of our gutless supporters have the same ''head buried in the sand'' attitude. And i''m sure they''ll be coming out with the same crap when delia and co. finally drags us down to league one. Perhaps if we had a few less mugs in the carrow road stand this club would have a chance of getting where it belongs. Have to agree with a couple of the previous posts, it''s our characterless, ambitionless supporters that will ultimately be to blame for this clubs predicament.

[quote user="billy bunter"]

for the new season i had such high hopes, i know its only a friendly and we played quality spurs team but shows we are far from the team we all believe we are. talk of top half look distant

i think marshall been poor for supposedly top keeper, the squad looks wafer thin

we were so bad i left after 70-75mins and just got in, joke display

but remember we''re all the mugs, paying the hierachy by selling out the crowd after they sold out on us just 4weeks ago

[/quote]

Cheer up, Fat Owl of the Remove.  You''ve got Colchester on Saturday!

[quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Iwan Roberts"]

[/quote]

knob.......

[/quote]

Spot on neil, unfortunately the majority of our gutless supporters have the same ''head buried in the sand'' attitude. And i''m sure they''ll be coming out with the same crap when delia and co. finally drags us down to league one. Perhaps if we had a few less mugs in the carrow road stand this club would have a chance of getting where it belongs. Have to agree with a couple of the previous posts, it''s our characterless, ambitionless supporters that will ultimately be to blame for this clubs predicament.

[/quote]

well according to you lot of moaners, we was going down last season, opsssssss you slipped up there we still in champ, so you going for it this season again ? ummmmmm me think you will be wrong again but time will tell me friend.

I really do think if your just going to moan at everything (board, team,money, chairman ) why dont you go give your support to another team like man u, i`m sure theres money, a good chairman and a good board there (not that i follow man u as i hate them). I`m sure they will enjoy your support !!!!!! And leave us to our team, good, bad or indifferant

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Iwan Roberts"]

[/quote]

knob.......

[/quote]

[/quote]

well according to you lot of moaners, we was going down last season, opsssssss you slipped up there we still in champ, so you going for it this season again ? ummmmmm me think you will be wrong again but time will tell me friend.

I really do think if your just going to moan at everything (board, team,money, chairman ) why dont you go give your support to another team like man u, i`m sure theres money, a good chairman and a good board there (not that i follow man u as i hate them). I`m sure they will enjoy your support !!!!!! And leave us to our team, good, bad or indifferant

[/quote]

You sound very unhappy, blood.

Were you deported to the deep south?

OTBC

yes it was only a friendly,,yes it was against a very good spurs side,,but we were awful in every department. Only wes hoolihan gives us any hope of staying up this year.Ricky knight is spot on,This club is going nowhere under the current board,They must be removed before the club can progress. I am a big fan of Glen Roeder,but like all tradesman he must be given the tools to work with.

[quote user="jim blair"]yes it was only a friendly,,yes it was against a very good spurs side,,but we were awful in every department. Only wes hoolihan gives us any hope of staying up this year.Ricky knight is spot on,This club is going nowhere under the current board,They must be removed before the club can progress. I am a big fan of Glen Roeder,but like all tradesman he must be given the tools to work with.[/quote]

Get a grip everyone, that team that went out and "played"? tonight was only 2/3rds of the team that will meet Coventry. No Doc, No Lupoli, No Bell, No Kennedy, No Big Striker, don''t worry about playing a side who will end up top 6 in the Prem beating us 5-1, so what!

Started well and looked in good shape for first 20mins, remainder was imop a piss take but then you guys in the barcly had a standing ovation from DS so you should be happy.

couldn''t agree more, spurs will embarass many sides with there slick football not least a side in the league below who had a defence that had hardly played alongsideeach other. Hull lost 4-0 to crewe at the weekend, celtic lost to cardiff, it''s pre season this stuff happens.  I''ll reserve the right to panic until a good month or two into the season when the side is settled and we see how it shapes up.

whilst we have to take into account it was only a friendly..we do have to take stock of a few facts

Spurs are a mid table premiership side.. i dont care what anyone says about the "quality" of players they have... they have only finished out of the mid table positions once in the last 15 years is it? and that was last season. this is the sort of side we should be aiming to emulate at the very least over the next few seasons.

They werent great... if we had had better players, even the tem that went up we''d of lost maybe 2 or 3-1 we wouldnt of got tonked....

We are still a poor championship side.. last night was evidence of that. Yes we have quality in the shape of hoolahan and Bertrand but apart from them who REALLY stands out as good players.

look through the varios squads in this division and alot of them, not all i will admit, but a few have better players in every position than we do.

David Marshall is the worst goal keeper in the division.. im not saying it just because i dont like him.. im saying it because its true! everyone on here "rates" him because he used t play for Celtic.. therefore he must be good....

Last night against better opposition found him out.. 4 of the goals, im sorry too say, were his fault... only Bents Header wasnt...he was either too slow off his line or failed to hold the ball allowing it to pinball off him... his distribution is crap... we wont advance with this clown in goal.

Matthew Pattison is Rubbish he is fast looking like he is 2 divisions out of his league, towards the end of last season he looked like he had been found out, his passing goes striaght to an opposition and he is unwilling to get stuck in.. another one who must be moved on.

We need to keep rebuilding.. this will take Roder a few seasons yet.. but a season of struggle is on the cards... This years championship is alot tougher than lst years... last season we were barely passable... this season could be worse....

2 weeks to go.

jas :)

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[quote user="jim blair"]yes it was only a friendly,,yes it was against a very good spurs side,,but we were awful in every department. Only wes hoolihan gives us any hope of staying up this year.Ricky knight is spot on,This club is going nowhere under the current board,They must be removed before the club can progress. I am a big fan of Glen Roeder,but like all tradesman he must be given the tools to work with.[/quote]

Get a grip everyone, that team that went out and "played"? tonight was only 2/3rds of the team that will meet Coventry. No Doc, No Lupoli, No Bell, No Kennedy, No Big Striker, don''t worry about playing a side who will end up top 6 in the Prem beating us 5-1, so what!

[/quote]

that defence is the defence that will start the season...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

whilst we have to take into account it was only a friendly..we do have to take stock of a few facts

Spurs are a mid table premiership side.. i dont care what anyone says about the "quality" of players they have... they have only finished out of the mid table positions once in the last 15 years is it? and that was last season. this is the sort of side we should be aiming to emulate at the very least over the next few seasons.

They werent great... if we had had better players, even the tem that went up we''d of lost maybe 2 or 3-1 we wouldnt of got tonked....

We are still a poor championship side.. last night was evidence of that. Yes we have quality in the shape of hoolahan and Bertrand but apart from them who REALLY stands out as good players.

look through the varios squads in this division and alot of them, not all i will admit, but a few have better players in every position than we do.

David Marshall is the worst goal keeper in the division.. im not saying it just because i dont like him.. im saying it because its true! everyone on here "rates" him because he used t play for Celtic.. therefore he must be good....

Last night against better opposition found him out.. 4 of the goals, im sorry too say, were his fault... only Bents Header wasnt...he was either too slow off his line or failed to hold the ball allowing it to pinball off him... his distribution is crap... we wont advance with this clown in goal.

Matthew Pattison is Rubbish he is fast looking like he is 2 divisions out of his league, towards the end of last season he looked like he had been found out, his passing goes striaght to an opposition and he is unwilling to get stuck in.. another one who must be moved on.

We need to keep rebuilding.. this will take Roder a few seasons yet.. but a season of struggle is on the cards... This years championship is alot tougher than lst years... last season we were barely passable... this season could be worse....

2 weeks to go.

[/quote] pattisons performance last night was dire..pre season friendly or not. and i dont just mean when he was played out of position!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

that defence is the defence that will start the season...

[/quote]

Jas, If Roeder is to be believed, then a new CB will be in and Kennedy will play also so last nights defence are not the ones that will start against Coventry

[/quote]

Ok, since you don''t care what people say I''m going to tell you that the part of your post that I have quoted above is laughable to say the very least.

Spurs are a side who should be finishing 4th to 7th in my opinion they have the players and they now have a good manager. What really hampered them last year was their atrocious start to the season under Martin Jol - you may remember they beat Chelsea in the Carling Cup Final last year I don''t think we will be emulating that anytime between now and the next ice age unless there is some sort of serious turnaround in British football.

[quote user="Steve H"]

[/quote]

Ok, since you don''t care what people say I''m going to tell you that the part of your post that I have quoted above is laughable to say the very least.

Spurs are a side who should be finishing 4th to 7th in my opinion they have the players and they now have a good manager. What really hampered them last year was their atrocious start to the season under Martin Jol - you may remember they beat Chelsea in the Carling Cup Final last year I don''t think we will be emulating that anytime between now and the next ice age unless there is some sort of serious turnaround in British football.

[/quote]

and we are a side that, in the eyes of some "Should" be in the premiership.... neither us or Spurs hit their potential.. should is a funny word... i Should be winning the lottery, I should be driving a better car, i Should be prime minister....Should, Would, Could, are things that dont happen.. they are things that might.

And there was me thinking it was a meaningless friendly against one of the best teams in the country, featuring a half-finished Norwich side with a makeshift defence.Some people on this thread need to get a serious grip.

Now don''t get me wrong, Marshall made several mistakes last night - and is by no means perfect.  But he''s 23, not peaked.  And I''m certain he was rated the 3rd best Keeper in the league with his opta stats - I''d trust them more than any of us.

Jas, we are arguably a club that should be in the Premiership (though there are probably about thirty clubs who would say that, and they can''t all be right), but we are not a team who "should" be in the Premiership. We nearly got relegated last season. This is not a thread to debate the reasons for that, but the fact is that it will take Roeder a bit of time to get his side together. He''s signed players in the right positions, he obviously needs two more strikers and a temporary CB replacement for the Doc, and then it will take a bit of time for that team to gel. Solid mid-table this season with a flirtation with the play-offs would be a really good achievement for GR.What exactly were you expecting last night?

2 weeks to go.

[/quote]

Please can we all just take our heads out of the clouds!! Jas you seem a decent guy, but I disagree on some of your view on the club.

You talk about emilating teams like Spurs and we should be playing on par with them. Spurs in the last five years have been the 4th biggest spenders in the premiership! spending 150m-200m in the process- more than Arsenal!

You say we''re a poor Championship side, and that last night was evidence of that! WE HAVEN''T EVEN KICKED A BALL OF THE NEW SEASON YET!

There are so many people on this site that base their facts on pure assumption and it really winds me up.

Since there has been reports of Peter Cullums "investment plan",  everyones expectations have gone into cloud cuckoo land! And everyone has turned on Delia.

FACT Cullum has said that he would only put in £20 million into the club. In todays market that wouldn''t even buy us Ronaldo''s left foot! (and i''m talking about the fat useless one!)

I personally think think Glenn has made some good signings over the summer, and I''m sure it''s inevitable to say some of those players will do well for the club and some won''t.

I think the cob webbs have been cleared over the summer, which was long over due, and we will build on last seasons abysmal showings. If that means a mid table finish , then in my eyes that progress, then we build again. Rome wasn''t built in a day!! 

Nice to see the usual "realistic" bunch coming on here after a friendly and being, as usual, completely unrealistic...

The same people who last week admonished those who chose to express

happiness at our pre-season friendlies so far.  And, as usual,

here they are right on cue - Smudger, Ricardo, ByeByeBrains, Jas, Cluck

and even Ricky Knight! But there''s one missing... can''t quite put my

finger on his name... tall fella, wears a pointy hat... anyway,

regardless, you lot are so very amusing.  This thread and its

participants were so predictable that they were, in fact, predicted

whilst down the pub.  Talk about playing the villain.... keep up

the good work, lads...[;)]