Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

i was so optomistic.....

So when we lose friendlies are meaningless, when we win they''re an accurate barometer of how good the forthcoming season''s going to be...

[quote user="Grando"]So when we lose friendlies are meaningless, when

we win they''re an accurate barometer of how good the forthcoming

season''s going to be...[/quote]

Nope, friendlies are meaningless no matter what the outcome...

Forget where they finsihed in the last 100 years, it the squad at the moment and they have a lot of quality, a hell of a lot. I watch Sppurs a fair bit because of work and they looked a lot better than a lot of the games last year and this was a friendly. We should not be losing by that margin agreeed. I did think we would lose 4-1.Its a friendly and the main theme of this match was to sharpen up and to get some sort of decent play, at times, I liked what we saw, Hoolahoop will show his worth.

We will not play a better team next year and when it starts, we will show our true value. I wonder what would have happened if we would have won 3-0? Would the usual "YOUR ALL MUGS BECAUSE YOU GO AND SUPPORT THE TEAM AND EVERY MATCH IS DOWN TO DELIA" gang be slating the players? Its funny how the majority of the people here think the players we have got are really good and the usual would only be happy with Gerrad, Lampard and co.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

whilst we have to take into account it was only a friendly..we do have to take stock of a few facts

They werent great... if we had had better players, even the tem that went up we''d of lost maybe 2 or 3-1 we wouldnt of got tonked....

[/quote]

...and if my Granny had had bo****ks she`d have been my Grandad.

Of course the result may have been better if we had better players....but we don`t!

Probably the single most ridiculous line written on these boards recently

whilst we have to take into account it was only a friendly..we do have to take stock of a few facts

Spurs are a mid table premiership side.. i dont care what anyone says about the "quality" of players they have... they have only finished out of the mid table positions once in the last 15 years is it? and that was last season. this is the sort of side we should be aiming to emulate at the very least over the next few seasons.

They werent great... if we had had better players, even the tem that went up we''d of lost maybe 2 or 3-1 we wouldnt of got tonked....

We are still a poor championship side.. last night was evidence of that. Yes we have quality in the shape of hoolahan and Bertrand but apart from them who REALLY stands out as good players.

look through the varios squads in this division and alot of them, not all i will admit, but a few have better players in every position than we do.

David Marshall is the worst goal keeper in the division.. im not saying it just because i dont like him.. im saying it because its true! everyone on here "rates" him because he used t play for Celtic.. therefore he must be good....

Last night against better opposition found him out.. 4 of the goals, im sorry too say, were his fault... only Bents Header wasnt...he was either too slow off his line or failed to hold the ball allowing it to pinball off him... his distribution is crap... we wont advance with this clown in goal.

Matthew Pattison is Rubbish he is fast looking like he is 2 divisions out of his league, towards the end of last season he looked like he had been found out, his passing goes striaght to an opposition and he is unwilling to get stuck in.. another one who must be moved on.

We need to keep rebuilding.. this will take Roder a few seasons yet.. but a season of struggle is on the cards... This years championship is alot tougher than lst years... last season we were barely passable... this season could be worse....

2 weeks to go.

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas old boy.  Whereas usually your comments are well founded I fear that in your anguish you have somewhat lost the plot. Either that or you''d had a few to many before kick off!

Spurs are by no means a mid table premiership side under their new manager, especially with the new signings.  They had, I think, 4 or 5 England internationals on show last night, plus countless others. Their new "millionaire" stars certainly showed their class last night.  I do think however, that for the first half at least, we coped pretty well and had it not been for Bertrands injury, after a particularly clumsy tackle from behind which went unpunished, I think they would not have scored 5.

Yes, I totally agree that Pattison was way out of his depth and looked like he''d struggle to make Kings Lynn seconds, so when he had to fill in at left back against Lennon we were on a hiding to nothing.  Only when Chadwick came on in front of him were we able to stem the tide..... a little.  Fozzy had a pretty crap game and Martin was well off the pace and looked very poor when he came on but other than that I thought everyone else played well for a first outing together.  The young Fulham lad filled in well at centre half, Clingan was solid, Hooligan battled brilliantly and showed some nice touches and Stephanovic looked assured..

As for Marshall, Yes, you are saying that because you don''t like him!!!!  He made 3 or 4 top class saves in the second half and was not at fault for any of the last 4 goals when each time Bent had time to pick his spot unchallenged.  To say he''s the worst keeper in the division is pathetic at best. When he has a full settled defence lined up in front of him he will not be having to face such a bombardment.

Unfortunately we didn''t get to see Lupoli or Bell and we did look very lightweight up front but hopefully GR has someone lined up, preferably two.  I would say it''s definitely not all doom and gloom and would be very surprised if, when we have a full settled side, we are not top half and pushing top 6.

One bright spot for me was Marshall last night, he is a decent keeper so I can only assume Jaz was on the juice last night...

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Spurs are a mid table premiership side.. i dont care what anyone says about the "quality" of players they have... they have only finished out of the mid table positions once in the last 15 years is it? and that was last season. this is the sort of side we should be aiming to emulate at the very least over the next few seasons.

We are still a poor championship side.. last night was evidence of that. Yes we have quality in the shape of hoolahan and Bertrand but apart from them who REALLY stands out as good players.

look through the varios squads in this division and alot of them, not all i will admit, but a few have better players in every position than we do.

David Marshall is the worst goal keeper in the division.. im not saying it just because i dont like him.. im saying it because its true! everyone on here "rates" him because he used t play for Celtic.. therefore he must be good....

Last night against better opposition found him out.. 4 of the goals, im sorry too say, were his fault... only Bents Header wasnt...he was either too slow off his line or failed to hold the ball allowing it to pinball off him... his distribution is crap... we wont advance with this clown in goal.

Matthew Pattison is Rubbish he is fast looking like he is 2 divisions out of his league, towards the end of last season he looked like he had been found out, his passing goes striaght to an opposition and he is unwilling to get stuck in.. another one who must be moved on.

We need to keep rebuilding.. this will take Roder a few seasons yet.. but a season of struggle is on the cards... This years championship is alot tougher than lst years... last season we were barely passable... this season could be worse....

2 weeks to go.

[/quote]

Jas old boy.  Whereas usually your comments are well founded I fear that in your anguish you have somewhat lost the plot. Either that or you''d had a few to many before kick off!

Spurs are by no means a mid table premiership side under their new manager, especially with the new signings.  They had, I think, 4 or 5 England internationals on show last night, plus countless others. Their new "millionaire" stars certainly showed their class last night.  I do think however, that for the first half at least, we coped pretty well and had it not been for Bertrands injury, after a particularly clumsy tackle from behind which went unpunished, I think they would not have scored 5.

Yes, I totally agree that Pattison was way out of his depth and looked like he''d struggle to make Kings Lynn seconds, so when he had to fill in at left back against Lennon we were on a hiding to nothing.  Only when Chadwick came on in front of him were we able to stem the tide..... a little.  Fozzy had a pretty crap game and Martin was well off the pace and looked very poor when he came on but other than that I thought everyone else played well for a first outing together.  The young Fulham lad filled in well at centre half, Clingan was solid, Hooligan battled brilliantly and showed some nice touches and Stephanovic looked assured..

As for Marshall, Yes, you are saying that because you don''t like him!!!!  He made 3 or 4 top class saves in the second half and was not at fault for any of the last 4 goals when each time Bent had time to pick his spot unchallenged.  To say he''s the worst keeper in the division is pathetic at best. When he has a full settled defence lined up in front of him he will not be having to face such a bombardment.

Unfortunately we didn''t get to see Lupoli or Bell and we did look very lightweight up front but hopefully GR has someone lined up, preferably two.  I would say it''s definitely not all doom and gloom and would be very surprised if, when we have a full settled side, we are not top half and pushing top 6.

[/quote]

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Iwan Roberts"]

I support Norwich City. I don''t care who the board is, who the manager is or who the players are, they''ll all be gone when I''m still supporting the team. I sing my heart out, never, ever boo one of our own and am proud to be a Norwich fan and always will be.

What is there to be gained from having a go at the board or slagging off our own players. Nothing is the answer, nowt.

You carry on moaning and having a go at the board see where it gets you.

[/quote]

knob.......

[/quote]

Spot on neil, unfortunately the majority of our gutless supporters have the same ''head buried in the sand'' attitude. And i''m sure they''ll be coming out with the same crap when delia and co. finally drags us down to league one. Perhaps if we had a few less mugs in the carrow road stand this club would have a chance of getting where it belongs. Have to agree with a couple of the previous posts, it''s our characterless, ambitionless supporters that will ultimately be to blame for this clubs predicament.

[/quote]

well according to you lot of moaners, we was going down last season, opsssssss you slipped up there we still in champ, so you going for it this season again ? ummmmmm me think you will be wrong again but time will tell me friend.

I really do think if your just going to moan at everything (board, team,money, chairman ) why dont you go give your support to another team like man u, i`m sure theres money, a good chairman and a good board there (not that i follow man u as i hate them). I`m sure they will enjoy your support !!!!!! And leave us to our team, good, bad or indifferant

[/quote]

What a cock... why don''t you go and support Man Utd, or the local side in Tennessee for that matter???

The people with ambition in Norfolk deserve a team that offers a little more than being bad, bad or indifferent... as for being good, well we haven''t seen any of that for at least 3 years now.

Ramos'' Spurs humiliated Wengers'' Arsenal in league cup last season. FACT

This was local derby and had proper tackling and everything.FACT

Fozzie tackled Modric last night and the ref (and Ramos) nearly gave birth.FACT.

Arsenal fans did not queue up to berate the team they (supposedly) support as a result.

No-one called for wengers head. FACT

Perhaps some of you would be better of supporting chelsea cos they dont get beat that often.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Iwan Roberts"]

I support Norwich City. I don''t care who the board is, who the manager is or who the players are, they''ll all be gone when I''m still supporting the team. I sing my heart out, never, ever boo one of our own and am proud to be a Norwich fan and always will be.

What is there to be gained from having a go at the board or slagging off our own players. Nothing is the answer, nowt.

You carry on moaning and having a go at the board see where it gets you.

[/quote]

knob.......

[/quote]

Spot on neil, unfortunately the majority of our gutless supporters have the same ''head buried in the sand'' attitude. And i''m sure they''ll be coming out with the same crap when delia and co. finally drags us down to league one. Perhaps if we had a few less mugs in the carrow road stand this club would have a chance of getting where it belongs. Have to agree with a couple of the previous posts, it''s our characterless, ambitionless supporters that will ultimately be to blame for this clubs predicament.

[/quote]

well according to you lot of moaners, we was going down last season, opsssssss you slipped up there we still in champ, so you going for it this season again ? ummmmmm me think you will be wrong again but time will tell me friend.

I really do think if your just going to moan at everything (board, team,money, chairman ) why dont you go give your support to another team like man u, i`m sure theres money, a good chairman and a good board there (not that i follow man u as i hate them). I`m sure they will enjoy your support !!!!!! And leave us to our team, good, bad or indifferant

[/quote]

What a cock... why don''t you go and support Man Utd, or the local side in Tennessee for that matter???

The people with ambition in Norfolk deserve a team that offers a little more than being bad, bad or indifferent... as for being good, well we haven''t seen any of that for at least 3 years now.

[/quote]

Smudger mate sorry to tell ya but your the cock!!! you always pop up with s**t when things go wrong. nothing positive comes from you.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Nice to see the usual "realistic" bunch coming on here after a friendly and being, as usual, completely unrealistic... The same people who last week admonished those who chose to express happiness at our pre-season friendlies so far.  And, as usual, here they are right on cue - Smudger, Ricardo, ByeByeBrains, Jas, Cluck and even Ricky Knight! But there''s one missing... can''t quite put my finger on his name... tall fella, wears a pointy hat... anyway, regardless, you lot are so very amusing.  This thread and its participants were so predictable that they were, in fact, predicted whilst down the pub.  Talk about playing the villain.... keep up the good work, lads...[;)]
[/quote]

i take offence at being mentioned in the same breath as those monkeys!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Nice to

see the usual "realistic" bunch coming on here after a friendly and

being, as usual, completely unrealistic... The same people who

last week admonished those who chose to express happiness at our

pre-season friendlies so far.  And, as usual, here they are right

on cue - Smudger, Ricardo, ByeByeBrains, Jas, Cluck and even Ricky

Knight! But there''s one missing... can''t quite put my finger on his

name... tall fella, wears a pointy hat... anyway, regardless, you lot

are so very amusing.  This thread and its participants were so

predictable that they were, in fact, predicted whilst down the

pub.  Talk about playing the villain.... keep up the good work,

lads...[;)] [/quote]

i take offence at being mentioned in the same breath as those monkeys!

[/quote]

I figured you might, but I make no apologies as your vendetta against

Marshall is about as rational as they are.  Yourself and Ricardo

do normally make sense though, so I''ll put it down to too much happy

juice last night...[:)]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="ricky knight"]we should have more of his sort at carrow mate, you percy,s will be the death of this club, not the moaners, bottom line.[/quote]

blimey, who dug you up?
[/quote]

Come on, Marty - we just lost to a very good spurs side. Cue the angry mob!!

I mean it was a really important game too - wasn`t it ???!!![:D]

[/quote]

Fortunately i''d forgotten about this guys existence! even his avatar picture winds me up!
[/quote]

and which one are you in yours, the biggest i take it

[/quote]

strange though it may seem (in your odd world), I am neither a guinea pig or a one of my girlfriends breasts! still, both would beat being a camp wrestler!
[/quote]

Marty you disappoint me, i have seen better gary glitter comebacks, only a numpty puts his girlfriends bristols in their avatar, even if they do look like harry secombes arris.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Nice to see the usual "realistic" bunch coming on here after a friendly and being, as usual, completely unrealistic... The same people who last week admonished those who chose to express happiness at our pre-season friendlies so far.  And, as usual, here they are right on cue - Smudger, Ricardo, ByeByeBrains, Jas, Cluck and even Ricky Knight! But there''s one missing... can''t quite put my finger on his name... tall fella, wears a pointy hat... anyway, regardless, you lot are so very amusing.  This thread and its participants were so predictable that they were, in fact, predicted whilst down the pub.  Talk about playing the villain.... keep up the good work, lads...[;)]
[/quote]

turn the gun round, you''re pointing it in the wrong direction.....

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Iwan Roberts"]You absolute ****!!! You clearly have no idea about football, why don''t you spend every saturday at notcutts instead of going to watch norwich and moan. Get lost, we don''t want you at carrow road.[/quote]

Far too exciting at Notcutts!

[/quote]agreed - its great on a nice day. you can have wander amongst the plants, breathe in the air - sniff the blooms, and quickly feel at peace with yourself.  close your eyes, and all you''ll hear is the sound of ring-road traffic, trolleys with sqeaky wheels- and gravel crunching under old loved gardeners shoes...and then, its pleasant to finish up in the cafe, enjoying a tasty scone and cuppa...ah....!!!

[/quote]

An analysis befitting a uni man from Metripolitan. 

Real brains go to Universities rather than unis where like Evil one can apparently claim passing year 1 with first class honours.

OTBC

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think you have another obsessiuon with someone Bly. Again.[/quote]

Its flattering, shows I''ve gotten under his skin.  Always nice to have a fan... [:)] [Y]