Sign in to follow this  
Spin Spin City

Exclusive: Potential Canary investment!!!

It''s apparently Aviva.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]The information i had been told about Cullum, which i posted a couple of weeks ago, indicated he would not be in a position in invest in the club for approximately another couple of years. You all have no idea how much i hope that info was wrong! I feel like a kid on christmas eve! Bring on tomorrow morning![/quote]The information that you were given may well have been true at the time you were told  but things change and in that recent telegraph article Mr Cullum had gone from saying that he wasn''t interested to a never say never response to the question of whether he was interested in buying the club. I really can''t see who else it would be and it was indicated by TIL1010 in this thread that his name had been mentioned many times as Mr Cullums has. I''d actually be surprised if it wasn''t him tbh.[/quote]

After a week of Budgets being sorted for the coming seaon ,the Turners have finally come to the table and investing £10m into the club and

taking a hands on roll after watching from a far last season.Unfortunately this is to pay for new players/Loanees and wages for the coming season.

Delia will still be taking an important role within the club looking after the catering side and keeping her investment in nOrwich City

,but the Turners will now be calling the shots,as they are expecting a return on this investment.It wont be £20m as quoted,and the debts

owned by the club will still be there.

It wont be as big as everybody is expecting but stiil good for the club to try and move forward this season.

[quote user="MyOldMansAMushroomGibberGibber"]So are we saying its available this evening?  And if so will you be deleting posts relating to the detail!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="camuldonum"]

I would think anyone living in Norwich could probably get an early copy of the EDP.  Unless things have changed I would think the first edition will start running fairly shortly.

[/quote]

And it''s less than 50p.

[/quote][/quote]

No, Monday morning. There is no EDP on a Sunday...

[quote user="CRAFTY CANARY"]

After a week of Budgets being sorted for the coming seaon ,the Turners have finally come to the table and investing £10m into the club and

taking a hands on roll after watching from a far last season.Unfortunately this is to pay for new players/Loanees and wages for the coming season.

Delia will still be taking an important role within the club looking after the catering side and keeping her investment in nOrwich City

,but the Turners will now be calling the shots,as they are expecting a return on this investment.It wont be £20m as quoted,and the debts

It wont be as big as everybody is expecting but stiil good for the club to try and move forward this season.

[/quote]

Source mate? 10 million in transfers is great news (only 2 less than the Binners if you believe the propaganda)

My Contact within the club.

See who told you about Aviva being the shirt sponsor from my contact, and the presentation of the new shirts

being printed with Aviva on for that Tuesday meeting before it was announced it was Aviva

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]It might be worth a punt at 40/1 on Norwich City winning the title at the moment.[/quote]

Ladbrokes and Betfred were only offering 33/1 yesterday for us to win the title, I always have a bet on us.

It differs from what Mr Tilson said in that he more or less said the money was coming from somewhere other than the Turners but that they were responsible for attracting the person involved.

OMIGOD...........................see what happens when I go out for a few hours!!!

Any idea what time tomorrows edition of the EDP comes up online??

[quote user="kdncfc"]

It differs from what Mr Tilson said in that he more or less said the money was coming from somewhere other than the Turners but that they were responsible for attracting the person involved.

[/quote]

The Turners are linked with Cullum (business i think)!!Are they finally serving a purpose?

OOh i dont know what to believe/think

[quote user="CRAFTY CANARY"]

[/quote]

You say ''unfortunately this is to pay for new players'', but I''m not sure why this is a bad thing, surely this is a great thing, as it''s new players (good ones) that are going to get us promoted??

[quote user="McCanary"]

OMIGOD...........................see what happens when I go out for a few hours!!!

[/quote]

Doesn''t usually appear before 8:00 am i think - i have given up looking before i finish night shifts!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]It might be worth a punt at 40/1 on Norwich City winning the title at the moment.[/quote]

Ladbrokes and Betfred were only offering 33/1 yesterday for us to win the title, I always have a bet on us.

[/quote]

Seems a bit strange that with this potential investment announcement that it went up to 40/1 on Ladbrokes when I bet today!

[quote user="woody"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote] Doesn''t usually appear before 8:00 am i think - i have given up looking before i finish night shifts![/quote]

When I am on early shift the EDP is on sale in my local garage before 6am.

To my knowledge there has been no movement on Norwich''s odds over the last 2 weeks - bwin.com are still offering 40-1 and there''s been no change.

Suggest a fiver''s a good shot!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Spin Spin City"]The EDP will tomorrow (Monday) exclusively reveal sensational news about Norwich City Football Club.

In a story that will shock fans and intrigue rivals, the paper will lift the lid on potential investment which could equip the Canaries for a genuine challenge for promotion to the Premier League.

[/quote]

Wake me up when the words "potential" has been removed from that sentence, and "could" has been replaced with "will".

[/quote]

Yes Chops. That word is worrying.

I hope this news is not just a tease.

Here''s hoping it''s all as good as it sounds. Cigar at the ready and a beer on ice..........

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Spin Spin City"]The EDP will tomorrow (Monday) exclusively reveal sensational news about Norwich City Football Club.

In a story that will shock fans and intrigue rivals, the paper will lift the lid on potential investment which could equip the Canaries for a genuine challenge for promotion to the Premier League.

[/quote]

Wake me up when the words "potential" has been removed from that sentence, and "could" has been replaced with "will".

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if it is a tease then the club can expect a lot of really miffed fans at CR at the start of the season.  Not me though, I am not one of those that is excited just yet so won''t feel let down if things aren''t as expected by a lot of fans.

We shall all find out one way or another tomorrow what''s going on.

But I have a feeling it''s not what everyone''s expecting [:|]

sorry to sound like a tard, but does this mean that someone is going to buy all the shares so we have one share holder.

im just a bit confused [^o)]

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, I''m slightly less euphoric and an awful lot more cautious about this story than I was having read it about three hours ago. There is an awful lot of allusion towards potentials and coulds here, as the other posters have pointed out. I am expecting good news - the kind of news that, if Archant hadn''t run a story on a Sunday using the word ''sensational'', would have had this forum buzzing in a really good way tomorrow morning. 

As it stands, I just have a sneaking suspicion that Mr Letdown could pay us a visit tomorrow.... 

My biggest worry is the thought that any information given by the EDP leads to Norwich finding they suddenly have to pay a lot more for any deals that have yet to be finalised.I''d rather not know until after the transfer window closed - watch those asking prices soar!

Yes but prices for who?  Most of our deals I believe are already being done and as other clubs have proven its not actually that easy to spend big money in this division.[quote user="Fat Barman"]My biggest worry is the thought that any information given by the EDP leads to Norwich finding they suddenly have to pay a lot more for any deals that have yet to be finalised.I''d rather not know until after the transfer window closed - watch those asking prices soar![/quote]

[quote]Yip! Yip! Yippee! The Norwich City Kitty are donating fifty pee![/quote]Thank god for that Mello, for a moment there I thought you were going to say something positive.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Yip! Yip! Yippee! The Norwich City Kitty are donating fifty pee![/quote]
Thank god for that Mello, for a moment there I thought you were going to say something positive.
[/quote]

I thought you thought - you were God?

I am lead to believe that as Arthur said it will be the turners as a face for a major investor.

Ive been told 20 Million is the figure by somebody today, who has contatcs in the club, and also that Ameobi may be in the building and there is a mpossibility that Mumbles and ND could be leaving.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Just had a phonecall and someone wants total control of the club in return for 20 million.It is a name we have read on numerous occassions and i am delighted about it.There is little doubt in my mind the TURNERS have pulled of this coup so you can work it out for yourselves.

[/quote]

So thats Cullum investing £20m and the Turners talking control on his behalf??

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Yip! Yip! Yippee! The Norwich City Kitty are donating fifty pee![/quote]Thank god for that Mello, for a moment there I thought you were going to say something positive.[/quote]

I thought you thought - you were God?

[/quote]What on earth would God be doing on a Norwich City message board ?  Wouldn''t he be doing more important things with like, gravity, quantum physics, and hiding all the odd socks ?