Sign in to follow this  
Spin Spin City

Exclusive: Potential Canary investment!!!

To be honest, i think its damn exciting that norwich is even being linked with this kind of investment. Its about time that fans'' devotion to the club is repayed with a team that can genuinely reach the premiership and then assert itself as a premier league club.

I can''t wait for tomorrow now, I just hope I''m not left disappointed........I''m thinking and hoping it''s Cullum

Well, as next-day teasers go, the wording is interesting. The news will “shock and intrigue” us. Not “amaze and delight” or “horrify and disgust” but “shock and intrigue”, as if it’s not unambiguously good news. If so that would back up my theory that Neil Doncaster’s trip to Poland a few weeks ago was not what it seemed and we have in fact been bought by the Warsaw mafia.

But what does "shock and intrigue" really mean?  Not exactly the words you would use unless there was something a bit odd about it.  I guess we''ll all find out tomorrow.  Perhaps it''s Robert Mugabe!

i hope there are some new signings unveilled at same time - preferably our main targets meaning that we wont get stung for extra cash, assuming the announcement is good money news

I agree with marshmallow man. I think this can only be something big. I can''t imagine the EDP putting words up like shock city fans and intrigue rivals if it was simply the Turners throwing us an extra 5-10 million for players. In my eyes it can only be Cullum. However i''m not going to get my hopes up.

[quote user="NCFC since 1986"]i hope there are some new signings unveilled at same time - preferably our main targets meaning that we wont get stung for extra cash, assuming the announcement is good money news[/quote]

Exactly! Heard medicals (or some part of) taking place monday...

[quote user="GB1902"]I agree with marshmallow man. I think this can only be something big. I can''t imagine the EDP putting words up like shock city fans and intrigue rivals if it was simply the Turners throwing us an extra 5-10 million for players. In my eyes it can only be Cullum. However i''m not going to get my hopes up.[/quote]

Also just to add to what i''ve put if it was the Turners why would it say ''potential'' investment. Surely if they were going to invest more money they wouldn''t hesitate, It wouldn''t make them look too good sitting on the board of NCFC if they did. In my eyes it has to be Cullum. But again only my view and I my may end up being very wrong...

"Shock and intrigue"?

I''ve heard rumours that it''s Dick Cheney and some of his oil/arms dealer buddies. The shock is that Carrow Road is going to be moved stateside and the club rechristened the Texas Tomtits.

[quote user="Grando"]"Shock and intrigue"? I''ve heard rumours that it''s Dick Cheney and some of his oil/arms dealer buddies. The shock is that Carrow Road is going to be moved stateside and the club rechristened the Texas Tomtits.[/quote]

But that would be "shock and awe" surely?

Rumour here. Please don''t flame me it you don''t believe it.

According to my mate who''s Dad''s mate works for a financial company with Cullum says he hasn''t got any money at the moment because its in assets at the moment.

Make of this what you will. Don''t have a go at me though :P

Yeah as far as I was aware all of Cullums money was ''Assets'' rather than actual money. So unless he has sold part of his company im not sure how it could be him right now. But either way, no point speculating, shall find out tomorrow morning!

[quote user="scotty is here LOL"]sound gd only time will tell

paint me yellow i have to say your post is fantastic can''t stop laughing[/quote]

I thought it was rather crude and not funny but then again I''m not 12 years old.

Very odd wording."Shock" suggests more bad than good "intrigue others" suggests something rather nasty has been going on at NCFC - in the way that we are "intrigued" by celebrity shenanigans. But then " investment that could guarantee promotion" sounds unmitigatedly good. It sounds somthing like: NCFC is on the verge of bankruptcy, but someone''s waiting in the wings? Now that WOULD be shocking & intriguing ........Camul, where are you!!

[quote user="ron obvious"]Very odd wording.
"Shock" suggests more bad than good "intrigue others" suggests something rather nasty has been going on at NCFC - in the way that we are "intrigued" by celebrity shenanigans. But then " investment that could guarantee promotion" sounds unmitigatedly good. It sounds somthing like: NCFC is on the verge of bankruptcy, but someone''s waiting in the wings? Now that WOULD be shocking & intriguing ........

Camul, where are you!!
[/quote]

I am here, dear chap, but I don''t know what it means either.  Rather strange write off I thought.  Carson Yeung sniffing about?  He seems to have given up on Birmingham and they on him.  That might shock some of you!

Could this be why Aviva have suddenly decided to sponsor us after for years saying they did not want to get involved in a football club pehaps they know something

I''m totally excited and intrigued by this.

The word ''shock'' to me suggests something massive, hope Archant aren''t just using it to sell papers.

The thing that makes me a little weary are the words ''potential'' and ''intrigue rivals''.  Sounds more like a scheme to generate money than actual investment.  But I don''t know.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I''m totally excited and intrigued by this.

The word ''shock'' to me suggests something massive, hope Archant aren''t just using it to sell papers.

The thing that makes me a little weary are the words ''potential'' and ''intrigue rivals''.  Sounds more like a scheme to generate money than actual investment.  But I don''t know.

[/quote]

Every investment from outside of the football club is potential because the investor obviously has to go through a due diligence process. Thats why I can''t see it being the Turners simply putting more money in as the word potential wouldn''t be there.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Yeah as far as I was aware all of Cullums money was ''Assets'' rather than actual money. So unless he has sold part of his company im not sure how it could be him right now. But either way, no point speculating, shall find out tomorrow morning![/quote]

Not meaning to have a go at you here but your comments seem a little naive on this point. What you are saying is similar to saying that someone who owns a house cant possibly invest in something else because all their money is tied up in the house. This is simply not correct as that person would simply get a mortgage/loan against their assets in order to invest in another project if that is what they wished to do. This goes the same for an asset righ billionaire - they simply go to the bank and arrange a loan...so it could very well be Cullum even if he currently has alot of assets as opposed to cash in the bank.

I''m a City season ticket holder but not a regular on this chatroom. I know some guys at the EDP in Norwich really well and have spoken to them today and this is a story which they are very excited about and will be very worth reading tomorrow.

We''re all cynical about what we hear and read and want evidence - but from I know you will be intrigued by this development.

OTBC

It could all be one big trick, and some lame pun is going to come out of it we haven''t all seen coming! Hope not though

Must admit, I''m getting excited by this... all the pieces of the puzzle are starting to add up, but I''m not sure about the timing.  With Delia saying how she doesn''t want to shout about the money, I half expected this announcement to be made on 1st September! Maybe they''ve sensed the growing unease and decided us loyal Pinkun Posters deserve a bit of good news without the suffix "gordon"... [:)]