Sign in to follow this  
Spin Spin City

Exclusive: Potential Canary investment!!!

The EDP will tomorrow (Monday) exclusively reveal sensational news about Norwich City Football Club.In

a story that will shock fans and intrigue rivals, the paper will lift

the lid on potential investment which could equip the Canaries for a

genuine challenge for promotion to the Premier League.Don''t forget to buy a copy of tomorrow''s paper to read the story everybody will be talking aboutWhat do we all make of this then???OTBC

The word ''potential'' makes it seem more speculative. Hope i''m wrong and we see some hard evidence though! i''d love to see lots of money flowing into club

I wonder whether Roeder was informed there would be investment and saw it as a perfect chance to enhance his reputation?

I hope it is not my favourite subject but the words "potential" and "could" give me an uneasy feeling that it does not involve the TURNER or TOWERGATE empires.Please let me be wrong.

Exactly - a hook to get fans to buy a copy when they normally wouldn''t. Rather like "City in for England international?" headlines or similar about Mr. Cole.

I''m expecting a rehash of all the rumours that''s been on this site. They''re probably the source material for the article.

Sounds genuine, so long as Archant have City approval to release the info, otherwise it could mess up Roeders plans?

Sensational seems rather a strong word to use, I have no confidence in the edp to uncover anything except what is on message boards nowadays, they''ve probably just found out about the kitty. Let''s hope they have something interesting for once, if not I''ll be taking my edp back to the shop and demanding a refund lol.

[quote user="Spin Spin City"]The EDP will tomorrow (Monday) exclusively reveal sensational news about Norwich City Football Club.

In a story that will shock fans and intrigue rivals, the paper will lift the lid on potential investment which could equip the Canaries for a genuine challenge for promotion to the Premier League.

Don''t forget to buy a copy of tomorrow''s paper to read the story everybody will be talking about

What do we all make of this then???

OTBC
[/quote]

Perhaps the ''shock fans'' and ''intrigue rivals'' will mean that we announce a couple of big name signings, coupled with the news that there is investment in.

They are probably saying potential because that''s what it is until the club has officially announced it, with the Delia speech last week and all the rumours it will hopefully be something to get excited about for once.

Just had a phonecall and someone wants total control of the club in return for 20 million.It is a name we have read on numerous occassions and i am delighted about it.There is little doubt in my mind the TURNERS have pulled of this coup so you can work it out for yourselves.

[quote user="ellis206"]We''re F*****G loaded, nah nah nah nah nah nah we''re F*****G loaded nah nah nah nah nah nah  :)
[/quote]

Please lets not count the chickens before they hatch. But yes I do agree with your words [:P]

Wouldnt it be FANTASTIC if we had more than the Binners??

I just hope the club dont mind this ''exclusive''  blowing our cover in the transfer market hiking prices! Unless of course Ameobi and co sign tomorrow.....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Just had a phonecall and someone wants total control of the club in return for 20 million.It is a name we have read on numerous occassions and i am delighted about it.There is little doubt in my mind the TURNERS have pulled of this coup so you can work it out for yourselves.

[/quote]

i hope your right!

sorry but this will not happen, maybe someone has helped us out with the debt but thats about it. cant see us paying fees for too many players the board has said this to cheer people up and to improve the mood before season starts. hope im wrong

[quote user="timncfc"]sorry but this will not happen, maybe someone has helped us out with the debt but thats about it. cant see us paying fees for too many players the board has said this to cheer people up and to improve the mood before season starts. hope im wrong[/quote]

no offence mate, but you sound like a scummmer

Who''s to say that this potential investment will go through before the transfer window ends? We could end up with loads in the bank but not being able to spend until the new year.

Hate to sound gloom like but we could have millions to spend but our targets might not wish to move here. Hope i''m wrong!

Also i bet Roeder knew all along this was in the pipe line, he wouldn''t have come otherwise.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

i hope your right!

[/quote]This poster would not lie, he has had direct contact with people at the club for years and if he says something like this I believe him.

[quote user="bunny"]Who''s to say that this potential investment will go through before the transfer window ends? We could end up with loads in the bank but not being able to spend until the new year.[/quote]Of course there''s also the possibility this is already done and dusted and will soon be announced and we already have the money.

[quote user="bunny"]Who''s to say that this potential investment will go through before the transfer window ends? We could end up with loads in the bank but not being able to spend until the new year.[/quote]

Looking at our transfer activity and the prices we''re paying for players I''d say thats probably what will happen. If any investment/takeover is imminent it probably won''t take full effect until january at least. However I''m still not convinced by this news yet but I will remain hopeful.

When its confirmed I''ll believe it.