Sign in to follow this  
Spin Spin City

Exclusive: Potential Canary investment!!!

Certainly very exciting, must say though, from Delia''s latest interview I doubt we are looking at a complete takeover, just fresh investment. So if Mr Cullum is involved its purely as an investor and not a buyer imo

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Yeah as far as I was aware all of Cullums money was ''Assets'' rather than actual money. So unless he has sold part of his company im not sure how it could be him right now. But either way, no point speculating, shall find out tomorrow morning![/quote]

Not meaning to have a go at you here but your comments seem a little naive on this point. What you are saying is similar to saying that someone who owns a house cant possibly invest in something else because all their money is tied up in the house. This is simply not correct as that person would simply get a mortgage/loan against their assets in order to invest in another project if that is what they wished to do. This goes the same for an asset righ billionaire - they simply go to the bank and arrange a loan...so it could very well be Cullum even if he currently has alot of assets as opposed to cash in the bank.

[/quote]

Stand corrected. I was aware they could get money in the form of a loan, but wasnt sure he would be able to afford buying a football club without selling up some of the business. But you sound like you know far more than me so ill trust you [;)]

[quote user="Wighty"]

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/movers_and_shakers/article3427450.ece

Does anyone know whether he managed it?

[/quote]

From that article -

Last year he paid half of his £9.2million bonus into the trust. A deal with Candover could mean another boost. Mr Cullum says: “I will give away hundreds of millions because my children do not need it. Philanthropy to me is real and I want to use my wealth to make a difference.”

If it is Cullum he''ll want a return on his money. No one just ''gives'' large amounts of cash to football clubs. I suspect he''ll be after some sort of percentage.

Last year he (Cullum) paid half of his £9.2million bonus into the trust. A deal with Candover could mean another boost. Mr Cullum says: “I will give away hundreds of millions because my children do not need it. Philanthropy to me is real and I want to use my wealth to make a difference.”

Sounds good to me!!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Wighty"]

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/movers_and_shakers/article3427450.ece

Does anyone know whether he managed it?

[/quote]

From that article -

Last year he paid half of his £9.2million bonus into the trust. A deal with Candover could mean another boost. Mr Cullum says: “I will give away hundreds of millions because my children do not need it. Philanthropy to me is real and I want to use my wealth to make a difference.”

[/quote]

Also says:

"After leaving Towergate, he will concentrate on his charitable trust, which is run by his two daughters and focuses on children''s charities"

So it still may not be him.

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]Maybe Shackell is contributing some funds after releasing his collaborative RNB single with the chick of MTV''S ''the hills''[/quote]He must kinda regret that..

[quote user="kdncfc"]It will be nice to wave 10 pound notes at the Ipswich fans this year to repay the compliment from last year.[/quote]

lol only £10 notes, bugger that, if this is all true, and that''s a huge IF, then it will be £20''s or £50''s for me [:D]

I''m not totally sure about this, the ''potential for investment'' just suggests that the potential is there but nothing is cemented yet. Whereas the remainder of the article suggests that a deal has been done because it''ll shock and intrigue everyone else......

In saying that I''m remaining quietly optimistic, I really hope that this finally is it for the loyal fans of the club, a bit of money to spend on decent players to give us a real shout if we manage to get up to the Prem again.

Well tomorrow will be either a huge flop as we wont get excited and will once again feel let down, all hot air comes to mind.  Or we will be doing cartwheels down the road at the excitement of a possible investment into the club.

I personally am not excited yet, been here too many times in the past for one thing or another, only to be let down.  This way, I for one will not be that deflated if the news isn''t as we hope.

The information i had been told about Cullum, which i posted a couple of weeks ago, indicated he would not be in a position in invest in the club for approximately another couple of years. You all have no idea how much i hope that info was wrong! I feel like a kid on christmas eve! Bring on tomorrow morning!

delia is leaving i think as she said last year if we had somebody to bye me off i''ll let them or rodger munby (how ever you spell his last name) is leaving for city or because of age, ill, family.

your thoughts please!

I''m not sure how to feel anymore!!! we have been misled before, it would be incredibly cruel if this was just a story on a "potential" interest by an investor.........god this is frustrating, I hope to god someone has come in

Someone would give us 20 million - clearing our debt- and you DON''T find this exciting?I wonder what planet some ''fans'' are on at times.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Just had a phonecall and someone wants total control of the club in return for 20 million.It is a name we have read on numerous occassions and i am delighted about it.There is little doubt in my mind the TURNERS have pulled of this coup so you can work it out for yourselves.

[/quote]

......also seeing as £20m is probably the amount the shares are nominally worth that doesn''t really amount to a windfall does it. Look at the new boss, smae as the old boss.

Now if it was £20m for shares +£20m to pay down the debt & £10m for players that would be exciting.

[/quote]

Give Camuldonum a break! Poor chap has a business to run (which as far as I can tell mainly involves slave-driving members of his own benighted family) and hasn’t had a holiday since 1945, and now you''re getting him to spend his Sunday trying to get the lowdown on a story about a football club he doesn’t even support!

For what it’s worth the people at Archant are not complete idiots. The EDP is a good paper. As is the Ham and High, which is among the best-regarded weeklies in the country. The EDP would not have run a teaser like that unless it was a substantial story.

[quote user="Spin Spin City"]The EDP will tomorrow (Monday) exclusively reveal sensational news about Norwich City Football Club.In

a story that will shock fans and intrigue rivals, the paper will lift

the lid on potential investment which could equip the Canaries for a

genuine challenge for promotion to the Premier League.[/quote]Wake me up when the words "potential" has been removed from that sentence, and "could" has been replaced with "will".

Well I would point out something - how often is there a story posted to the pink un site on a Sunday afternoon?  This is something big.The Turners, Cullum, both, or perhaps the guy who runs Aviva....

[quote user="Spin Spin City"]The EDP will tomorrow (Monday) exclusively reveal sensational news about Norwich City Football Club.In

a story that will shock fans and intrigue rivals, the paper will lift

the lid on potential investment which could equip the Canaries for a

genuine challenge for promotion to the Premier League.Don''t forget to buy a copy of tomorrow''s paper to read the story everybody will be talking aboutWhat do we all make of this then???OTBC[/quote]

must be peter cullum, he loves the club and wants to buy it, and has the money to buy it!!!!

what a dream it will become!!

also heard of a £1.1million signing on tuesday!

I would think anyone living in Norwich could probably get an early copy of the EDP.  Unless things have changed I would think the first edition will start running fairly shortly.

[quote user="JC"]Well I would point out something - how often is there a story posted to the pink un site on a Sunday afternoon?  This is something big.The Turners, Cullum, both, or perhaps the guy who runs Aviva....[/quote]Except his "local" club would be the Bangalore Royal Challengers.

I dont know if this is true, but ive been told that the Turners were just the faces for a major investor. Maybe just a rumour but thought id let you know.

Yes - this was discussed a while back, as I stated then it was a conversation heard at a meal where peter cullum was at the table discussing NCFC.  The Turners are allegedly the advance party, getting things in place.[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I dont know if this is true, but ive been told that the Turners were just the faces for a major investor. Maybe just a rumour but thought id let you know.

[/quote]

[quote user="camuldonum"]

I would think anyone living in Norwich could probably get an early copy of the EDP.  Unless things have changed I would think the first edition will start running fairly shortly.

[/quote]

And it''s less than 50p.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

And it''s less than 50p.

[/quote]

The EDP?  Or the potential investment?

So are we saying its available this evening?  And if so will you be deleting posts relating to the detail!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

And it''s less than 50p.

[/quote]

I''m like a kid waiting for christmas day, better bloody be a big toy and not some used jumper from my granny.

Hey, maybe its Marcus Evans, he has thought that Ipswich was shit and that Norwich was a much better club.[:D]

If it turns out to be a statement saying that we may have investment from Peter Cullam in the future, I will drive up there and swear very loudly.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]The information i had been told about Cullum, which i posted a couple of weeks ago, indicated he would not be in a position in invest in the club for approximately another couple of years. You all have no idea how much i hope that info was wrong! I feel like a kid on christmas eve! Bring on tomorrow morning![/quote]The information that you were given may well have been true at the time you were told  but things change and in that recent telegraph article Mr Cullum had gone from saying that he wasn''t interested to a never say never response to the question of whether he was interested in buying the club. I really can''t see who else it would be and it was indicated by TIL1010 in this thread that his name had been mentioned many times as Mr Cullums has. I''d actually be surprised if it wasn''t him tbh.