Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Something you should know about GNG

Iv''e checked the tea leaves, Cast the bones, Shuffled the tarrots until death''s bones rattled, listened to the wall at the chinese take away AND the predictions are:-

1. We will make announcements some time between now and the begining of the season

2. These will be anything from 1 to 6 players signed

3. 1 to six loanees

All these plus another twenty will be seen somewhere in Norwich

Now can we let it rest until all the above does or does not happen

GNG stated on Friday that he was going to London with the club on Friday,

First of all if he was using a mobile to post info, you would think that he would still post using that method where ever he was during that day.

Using the process of elimination the club would then be able to work out that the person leaking the info would be one on the visit therefore making a lot easier to work out who it is.

At the end of the day if everyone just sat back and thought about it, it is obvious that GNG is full of bull.

He has realised that he has been rumbled and therefore hasn''t posted any info since.

For anyone who still thinks GNG is telling the truth then get a life !!!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]

Well this thread is very interesting although a bit pointless.  My two cent states that of course your right that anyone leaking transfer news to message boards would not keep a position with the club very long.  That said its important we make a disticition between gossip and inside information and decide if any sensitive info has actually been leaked.  Of course GNG could use other means away from the main network such as mobile phone or a laptop with a different means of connecting such as mobile broadband.  Also its possible his comments come from home use and/or use away from the club in his breaks he could use the library for instance. 

As for you Ryank I find some of your comments amusing.  First of all you have stated there is a player signed, sealed and delivered, but you don''t know who it is.  So how could you possible know if GNG knows about this player or not.  As stated tranfers are complicted and just becuase players haven''t arrived doesn''t mean GNG is lying.  In fact until these players sign elseware he has lost nothing.  So if these players eventually sign for Norwich then will we give GNG credit?

[/quote]

Jim, I told you that there was a player signed, sealed and delivered, I also told you that I dont work for the club and that they are running (quite rightly) a very tight ship. It would be incredibly cretin like to force this unrevealed club employee to reveal information that he is forbidden to release, putting his job at risk. I also value his friendship enough not to put him in this position and couldnt care less about who the player is, we have 8 days until we find out ffs.  I dont need to know who the player is for the employee to tell me that GNG would know this if he was an insider and worked at Carrow Road, he has told me that IF he had genuine inside knowledge then he would have known about a signing WHICH HE HAS NOT PREDICTED OR MENTIONED ON THIS FORUM and that he would also have known about Sammy Clingan at least 48 hours before it was revealed. That is enough for me to know that this is not a mole and somebody that is taking the p*ss out of us all.  I have nothing further to add than that. We already know that Ameobi was not at Carrow Road so that should have been enough for even the gullible to wake up and smell the coffee on this one im afraid.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]But I feel people (not you) are missing the point. Yes, he got Thursdays sigings wrong BUT SO DID ROEDER. Roeder said on Tuesday that we might get a few more on Thursday. [/quote]

Maybe GNG is Roeder! [:O]

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="Jim Kent"]

Well this thread is very interesting although a bit pointless.  My two cent states that of course your right that anyone leaking transfer news to message boards would not keep a position with the club very long.  That said its important we make a disticition between gossip and inside information and decide if any sensitive info has actually been leaked.  Of course GNG could use other means away from the main network such as mobile phone or a laptop with a different means of connecting such as mobile broadband.  Also its possible his comments come from home use and/or use away from the club in his breaks he could use the library for instance. 

As for you Ryank I find some of your comments amusing.  First of all you have stated there is a player signed, sealed and delivered, but you don''t know who it is.  So how could you possible know if GNG knows about this player or not.  As stated tranfers are complicted and just becuase players haven''t arrived doesn''t mean GNG is lying.  In fact until these players sign elseware he has lost nothing.  So if these players eventually sign for Norwich then will we give GNG credit?

[/quote]

Jim, I told you that there was a player signed, sealed and delivered, I also told you that I dont work for the club and that they are running (quite rightly) a very tight ship. It would be incredibly cretin like to force this unrevealed club employee to reveal information that he is forbidden to release, putting his job at risk. I also value his friendship enough not to put him in this position and couldnt care less about who the player is, we have 8 days until we find out ffs.  I dont need to know who the player is for the employee to tell me that GNG would know this if he was an insider and worked at Carrow Road, he has told me that IF he had genuine inside knowledge then he would have known about a signing WHICH HE HAS NOT PREDICTED OR MENTIONED ON THIS FORUM and that he would also have known about Sammy Clingan at least 48 hours before it was revealed. That is enough for me to know that this is not a mole and somebody that is taking the p*ss out of us all.  I have nothing further to add than that. We already know that Ameobi was not at Carrow Road so that should have been enough for even the gullible to wake up and smell the coffee on this one im afraid.

[/quote]

Your comments are interesting though since GNG has mentioned quite a large number of potential signings on here including Hoolahan, Bell, Ameobi, Bertrand, Ched etc. That means that this player who has been signed for a couple of weeks and will be revealed next wek is NOT one of the transfer targets that have been doing the rounds in teh various rumours - i.e. not Hoolahan. Interesting!

Ryank I totally agree with you no person employed by the club should leak such information.  All I was saying was that you would need to know who the player is to proof that GNG was nothing more than a win up merchant.  I am now satified as you have stated that your friend is aware and has clearly read the board with GNG comments.  That said it doesn''t actually prove anything as GNG may have just chosen not to report such stories, though this is unlikely.

However Ryank what I would like to know is how do people find out about these things before they happen based of all that is said above.  Previous tranfers and loan deals not to mention the Turners.  Of course they maybe media links, but food for thought.

Ryank earlier you said you didn''t ask your mate at the club the name of this signed player, but you just said his name hadn''t been mentioned by GNG up to now, so how can you be sure, if you don''t know who it is ?

Just a couple of points though ryank and before you jump down my throat I am not seeing that I disagree with you or that GNG is telling the truth but I would say;

1. There are numerous posters on here at the moment claiming we are signing this player and that player etc. Why have the clubs gone to such lengths over this one specific poster if what he is posting is a load of nonsense? Have they done a check to make sure NCFClad isn''t an employee as he has started numerous transfer threads! Presumably, if we hadn''t got something in the pipeline (or done & dusted) for Hoolahan and Bell then they wouldn''t have given a monkeys. After all, I could post on here saying I''m an employee and I know that we are signing Bertrand and Rigters later this week - would they carry out a detailed check to make sure I am not an employee? Surely if there is no truth whatsoever in his comments then the club would have just ignored them?
  2. I am not sure I get your point about the 1st July. This surely only applies to out of contract players? There is nothing to stop us signing Hoolahan or Bell today and they join the payrole today. Clingan joins as of 1st July because he is out of contract. The poster who made the point that the selling club may be the one''s not allowing the release of the story could be correct i.e if we were selling Russell saying for £1M and were looking to buy his replacement you would want to try and get the deal done before news got out to try and get a better deal i.e if the club you are buying from know if you have £1M coming in they may up the price! Not sure that they may necessarily be the case with the likes of Hoolahan with his well know buy out clause or Amoebi as Newcastle probably don''t need the £2M or so he will go for!

Just a thought or two that''s all.

[quote user="jimbob"]Ryank earlier you said you didn''t ask your mate at the club the name of this signed player, but you just said his name hadn''t been mentioned by GNG up to now, so how can you be sure, if you don''t know who it is ?[/quote]

I think you''ll find if you read Ryank again he is saying that the person he knows at the club had told HIM that GNG had not mentioned or predicted the name of the signed, sealed settled person.

Hull City have got a press conference tomorrow (or "think they have").  Jolly exciting business this!

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="jimbob"]Ryank earlier you said you didn''t ask your mate at the club the name of this signed player, but you just said his name hadn''t been mentioned by GNG up to now, so how can you be sure, if you don''t know who it is ?[/quote]

I think you''ll find if you read Ryank again he is saying that the person he knows at the club had told HIM that GNG had not mentioned or predicted the name of the signed, sealed settled person.

Hull City have got a press conference tomorrow (or "think they have").  Jolly exciting business this!

[/quote]I reckon that will be to announce the signing of Craig Fagan.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

I reckon that will be to announce the signing of Craig Fagan.
[/quote]

The Hull press office are a smashing bunch but I think they are going to have to step up their game a bit in the Premier League - I don''t think they know what''s hit them yet!  As in "some of the nationals are so bloody rude........."  They have the Big Boys of the Press to play with next season as well.............

[quote user="ryank"]

[quote user="Mark Smith"]He''d be pretty stupid to use office machines, yeah. But that doesn''t mean he can''t use a mobile phone or something.[/quote]

Yes, I also mentioned this. He made the point that GNG would have to be slipping off to the toilet every few minutes to write on his phone, I dont know how many of you have worked in offices, but it is pretty clear when people are using a mobile phone a lot or going to the toilet every 5 minutes. Im sorry to break it to you if you do believe him, but he would have been sussed, there really arent many full time employees at the football club, and like I said everybody was concerned that there could be a traitor in the ranks. People were vigilant and worried, it would have been more than apparent by now and the club are satisfied that GNG is not anybody based at Carrow Road.  Remember, he may well have got a couple of things right (read into that what you will), but if he knew this for certain then there would also be something else he would have known for certain too, and I dont know what this is myself but i think we all have a good enough idea already!

[/quote]...and "they have satisfied themselves that their new look ship is watertight (read into that what you like)"Let''s read between the lines here.
  1. As Stevie W has sugested, it appears that Gordon had temporarily worried the powers that be at Carrow Road... so some of what he has been saying must be fairly accurate? Hoolahan and Bell would be my guess.
  2. There is another signing and Gordon has not mentioned his name. That rules out most of the rumours. Does anyone want to go through Gordon''s posts and work out who''s left? I''m too lazy. Rigters perhaps? Would makes sense in a way, the deal could have been done as part of his loan last season.
And if the new look ship is watertight, does that mean there was a mole previously? Who do you reckon?

There are two players signed but not announced. No surprises that one is Hoolahan. The other has not been mentioned anywhere on this board but is not a big name to get excited about.

[quote user="ryank"]

It has been confirmed to me by an employee at carrow road that the club are aware of the situation and that it was initially the subject of gossip (or even concern that somebody was betraying colleagues) but had moved quickly to confirm that no club computers were used to post on this forum and that all club employees have been banned from posting on it for some time.

[/quote]

I have no idea who GNG is or whether to believe him - but if his comments were subject to gossip and concern from club employees who would know whats going on, then there must be some truth in what he''s written. If it was all a pack of lies then wouldn''t it have just been laughed off?

Just my view....

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[quote user="Mark Smith"]But I feel people (not you) are missing the point. Yes, he got Thursdays sigings wrong BUT SO DID ROEDER. Roeder said on Tuesday that we might get a few more on Thursday. [/quote]

Maybe GNG is Roeder! [:O]

[/quote]Wrong ............. it''s Doncaster!

I think that a few of you on here saying that GNG cant possibly be an insider are missing a few important points.

a. like a few people have pointed out, if there wasnt any truth in GNG''s rumours then the people at carrow road would not have been interested or concerned

b. when GNG said Ameobi was in the building he NEVER said that Ameobi with at Carrow Road. He actually specifically stated that Ameobi had been at Dunston Hall and at Colney. Some people have just assumed ''in the building'' to mean Carrow Road when GNG was just using it as a figure of speech. This suggests that GNG also does not work at Carrow Road and thus would not be one of ''special 12''

c. if I was GNG and actually worked for the club but decided that I wanted to leak some info to the fans I would think it through carefully to ensure I could not be traced. It would actually be very easy to post messages via a friends computer and by passing on information to a friend to be posted. Then the leak could never actually be traced back to GNG. I''m sure there are plenty of ways for him to post and be untraceable, especially if he is wise in the ways of IT.

I''m not saying that GNG is 100% genuine or not. I have no idea. But what I will say is that his posts sound genuine. They do not sound like someone on a wind up. And thd club have been concerned about an internal leak. Make of that what you will.

Not a lot really as we know Ameobi wasn''t at Colney either. Why would a club employee trying to keep his id a secret tell us on here he''d been at Chelski on Fri. How much tracing to work out.

He''s a binner on a wind up.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

I think that a few of you on here saying that GNG cant possibly be an insider are missing a few important points.

a. like a few people have pointed out, if there wasnt any truth in GNG''s rumours then the people at carrow road would not have been interested or concerned

b. when GNG said Ameobi was in the building he NEVER said that Ameobi with at Carrow Road. He actually specifically stated that Ameobi had been at Dunston Hall and at Colney. Some people have just assumed ''in the building'' to mean Carrow Road when GNG was just using it as a figure of speech. This suggests that GNG also does not work at Carrow Road and thus would not be one of ''special 12''

c. if I was GNG and actually worked for the club but decided that I wanted to leak some info to the fans I would think it through carefully to ensure I could not be traced. It would actually be very easy to post messages via a friends computer and by passing on information to a friend to be posted. Then the leak could never actually be traced back to GNG. I''m sure there are plenty of ways for him to post and be untraceable, especially if he is wise in the ways of IT.

I''m not saying that GNG is 100% genuine or not. I have no idea. But what I will say is that his posts sound genuine. They do not sound like someone on a wind up. And thd club have been concerned about an internal leak. Make of that what you will.

[/quote]

a. I think people are reading too much into ryank''s ''concerned'' comment. Just because they initially had some concerns about GNG doesn''t mean the information was true. They did, after all, confirm that there wasn''t a leak. Did it occur to any of you that perhaps the reason they could confirm he was lying is because the information in GNG''s posts is false?

b. I think it''s quite clear now that Ameobi wasn''t anywhere within 1000 miles of Carrow Road, so whether he was at Dunston Hall or the ground itself is neither here nor there. GNC has said that he works in tv football (in front of camera) and that he was at the Chelsea ground on Friday. He''s a liar.

c. Whilst it''s true he could come up with some kind of convoluted plan for posting like that, it''s a lot of work for little gain. What would he get out of it really? I''m sure someone on a wind-up would get much more ''enjoyment'' out of spinning a yarn like this than a genuine person doing all that work to get the truth out.

The one thing I will say from all this, is that it''s brought a bit of entertainment to the board for the past week. Something different from the usual moaning (although there''s been plenty of moaning in his threads still Smile [:)]). So for that, if anything else, it''s been interesting.

Crikey, the plot thickens with every passing minute. I''m sure all will be revealed soon.....

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="ryank"][quote user="nu_matik"]

aren''t you contradicting yrself?

i mean you talking about the situation and platyers etc, while being an employee im guessing?!

do correct me if im wrong,im not having a pop.

[/quote]

No im not an employee, I was until three years ago, it has just been confirmed to me by somebody that would know this information. I felt that it was appropriate for me to pass this on, unfortunately I cant be too specific with the persons name as it was off the record and he is a friend. I didnt even ask him who we have signed, its not my business until the club feel able to announce it. I will also add that people are being a little unreasonable with expecting signings to be announced immediately, and would do well to remember that the selling club can decide not to make a transfer public whilst a player is contracted to them, normally as to not unsettle their own fans until a replacement or a signing has been made by themselves, players can also decide that they do not want press attention until they have arrived at the club. No player is our player until 1st July, that is why Sammy Clingan hasnt been photographed with a city shirt yet - his wages are still being paid by Forest until the last day of this calender month. I hope that you see where I am coming from with this.

[/quote]

Which is exactly why it''s unreasonable for people to expect Gordon or anyone who''s (allegedly) in the know to be able to give the exact date/time/millisecond that someone is going to sign. There are probably hundreds of different factors that go into releasing that information.[/quote]

GNG isnt involved with the club, I can state that as a matter of fact. Its just that a few of you are far too stupid to see it, the same people that probably read the Daily Star for their current affairs. Right I have to get back to work, unlike GNG ;-)

[/quote]

I say that''s a bit unfair.  We write most of the Page Two stuff for the Daily Star especially the foreign stuff.  We ARE their "foreign staff" and jolly glad we are, too.

"Zimbabwe''s opposition  leader fled for his life last night to a Dutch Embassy to escape an attempt to kill him by crazed Prime Minister Robert Mugabe" 

The Girl Upstairs filed that and her intro was the page 2 lead from the second slip edition onward - slightly fucked by Euro 2008 but that wasn''t her fault.

It was me who suggested "crazed"

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="ryank"][quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="ryank"][quote user="nu_matik"]

aren''t you contradicting yrself?

i mean you talking about the situation and platyers etc, while being an employee im guessing?!

do correct me if im wrong,im not having a pop.

[/quote]

No im not an employee, I was until three years ago, it has just been confirmed to me by somebody that would know this information. I felt that it was appropriate for me to pass this on, unfortunately I cant be too specific with the persons name as it was off the record and he is a friend. I didnt even ask him who we have signed, its not my business until the club feel able to announce it. I will also add that people are being a little unreasonable with expecting signings to be announced immediately, and would do well to remember that the selling club can decide not to make a transfer public whilst a player is contracted to them, normally as to not unsettle their own fans until a replacement or a signing has been made by themselves, players can also decide that they do not want press attention until they have arrived at the club. No player is our player until 1st July, that is why Sammy Clingan hasnt been photographed with a city shirt yet - his wages are still being paid by Forest until the last day of this calender month. I hope that you see where I am coming from with this.

[/quote]

Which is exactly why it''s unreasonable for people to expect Gordon or anyone who''s (allegedly) in the know to be able to give the exact date/time/millisecond that someone is going to sign. There are probably hundreds of different factors that go into releasing that information.[/quote]

GNG isnt involved with the club, I can state that as a matter of fact. Its just that a few of you are far too stupid to see it, the same people that probably read the Daily Star for their current affairs. Right I have to get back to work, unlike GNG ;-)

[/quote]

I say that''s a bit unfair.  We write most of the Page Two stuff for the Daily Star especially the foreign stuff.  We ARE their "foreign staff" and jolly glad we are, too.

"Zimbabwe''s opposition  leader fled for his life last night to a Dutch Embassy to escape an attempt to kill him by crazed Prime Minister Robert Mugabe" 

The Girl Upstairs filed that and her intro was the page 2 lead from the second slip edition onward - slightly fucked by Euro 2008 but that wasn''t her fault.

It was me who suggested "crazed"

[/quote]

Cal,

Who suggested the Miss Harare Wet T-Shirt pictures?

So the Daily Star''s foreign news desk is based in Colchester?!

Blimey, I bet John Pilger is quaking in his boots!

;o)

[quote user="jetstream"]So the Daily Star''s foreign news desk is based in Colchester?! Blimey, I bet John Pilger is quaking in his boots! ;o)[/quote]

It is! Pilger didn''t have their budget. If he had he wouldn''t have got much further than Coulsdon.

Neither did he do: "A man named God has been arrested by cops for selling cocaine outside a church in Tampa, Florida"

Clearly old Gordon has been having a laugh and I would suggest that if he had a high powered enough job to be in the know then he wouldn''t have time to post on here so much...

The idea that he is sat at a desk in Carrow Road and using a laptop or ''nipping out to the library'' to post on here as some have suggested is hilarious!

''Where you off to now Gordon?''

''Err..  just nipping out to the library again boss.  Damn books are so addictive, I just can''t get enough of them.''

''Good on you Gordon, see you when you get back... Now chaps, lets figure out who this mole could be.''

More like

Gordon every time you go to the library some posts some info on the pink''un website.

Do us a favour, next time you are out there reading have a look and see if anyone is using a mobile or computer will you

[quote user="Dions Lightsaber"]

Clearly old Gordon has been having a laugh and I would suggest that if he had a high powered enough job to be in the know then he wouldn''t have time to post on here so much...

The idea that he is sat at a desk in Carrow Road and using a laptop or ''nipping out to the library'' to post on here as some have suggested is hilarious!

''Where you off to now Gordon?''

''Err..  just nipping out to the library again boss.  Damn books are so addictive, I just can''t get enough of them.''

''Good on you Gordon, see you when you get back... Now chaps, lets figure out who this mole could be.''

[/quote]

I think it was fairly obvious he was on a wind up last week when he said he was going to Chelsea (I think) for a youth football event.  Now if he really worked for the club, and presuming that due to recent cost cutting they would not send an army of representatives to such an event, wouldn''t that piece of information be rather likely to blow his cover?  Surely it would not take the combined efforts of Sherlock Holmes, Poirot and Inspector Knacker of the Yard to figure out the list of potential suspects was about one person long...