Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Andy Cole anyone?

A player on the rapid decline. Would no doubt be good for a couple of seasons, but I feel given the financial constraints, we have to get the younger player with a potential profit if they do well.

Just think how much JFH & Fowler have cost Cardiff and basically done nothing.

Another site here linking us with Andy Cole, saying he is having talks with Norwich city.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=96223

Sunderland''s Cole in Norwich talks

tribalfooball.com - June 02, 2008

Released Sunderland striker Andy Cole is in talks with Norwich City.

But the Canaries fear the ex-Manchester United ace, 36, will not want to move his family from the North West.

As long as he stays injury free i can''t see why he couldn''t do a good job for us.

How many players have we been linked to? I have seriously lost count!

I thought D-Dub was too old and questioned at the time what the hell Worthy was playing at.... so I''m keeping schtum on this one!! [:#]

Not sure I''ve ever seen a player look as uninterested as he did when he came on for Burnley against us. Young and hungry please Glenn.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Not sure I''ve ever seen a player look as uninterested as he did when he came on for Burnley against us. Young and hungry please Glenn.[/quote]He also managed a roughly 1 in 2 strike rate during that time... if that''s him uninterested, then let''s get him here and give him something to be interested in!

If this is true, (but I hope not) I for one think Roeder is losing the plot already!!!

Surely his wages will be not that much different to what Hux was on and  I''d much prefer to see him in a yellow and green shirt again than Andy Cole.

Come on this must a wind up, but signing Kevin Phillips on the other hand I''d take.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]Statistics are a bit deceiving - he scored a hat trick against QPR.[/quote]"You can use statistics to prove anything, 60% of the population know that!"H. SimpsonVery true, but I don''t recall any of our players managing to put three past QPR last season... maybe into their own net...

Well, he''s certainly led something of a nomadic existence during his career, having played for 11 different clubs, including a couple of loan spells. Obviously, he was once an excellent player but the goals do seem to be drying up a bit now. In the 2006/7 season he scored 4 in 23 appearances for Portsmouth and Brum. In the 2007/8 season he scored 6 goals in 20 appearances for Sunderland and Burnley. Of course, if he had been given more starts by these clubs he could well have scored more and the disruption of chopping and changing clubs could hardly have helped his scoring ability.

Hardly forward looking is it.  I notice he''s available on a free though - hence the interest.

[quote user="4-4-2"]

If this is true, (but I hope not) I for one think Roeder is losing the plot already!!!

Surely his wages will be not that much different to what Hux was on and  I''d much prefer to see him in a yellow and green shirt again than Andy Cole.

Come on this must a wind up, but signing Kevin Phillips on the other hand I''d take.

[/quote]

Agreed.

I nearly, choked on my cornflakes when I read this in the paper today, talk about thhe death of ambition with our club. AC was never a hold the ball up type player, so he would offer nothing to help out Curo.

Lets pray that the Sun, as usual, are talking out of their arse, otherwise, its Peter Thorne all over again!.[:''(]

its coming from various sources not just the sun.  I would welcome him because he can still score goals in the champ and we are not in the position to turn down players who can get us goals.  Give him a 12 month deal, that said I would still prefer KP and hasn''t signed a new deal yet.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="4-4-2"]

[/quote]

Agreed.

I nearly, choked on my cornflakes when I read this in the paper today, talk about thhe death of ambition with our club.

[/quote]Bet you said the same (as did we all) when Dion arrived...Anyway - how can our ambition die, almost daily, when in another breath you''d claim we never had any?

Andy Cole , this club turns into a bigger laughing stock each day , as for saying the same when Dion signed , well Dion did a job but nothing a good young hungry striker couldnt have done better .

"he''s Fat, he''s old, he''s slowly going bald, Andy Cole! andy cole!"

sign him up so we can hear that song!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

"he''s Fat, he''s old, he''s slowly going bald, Andy Cole! andy cole!"

sign him up so we can hear that song!

jas :)

[/quote]

Now if we''re going to sign someone for the song Jas, we should get.....

[8]When the ball hits the goal, its not Shearer or Cole, its Zamora![8]

[;)]

don`t think there is any comparison

a 38 yr old DD or 36yr old cole

i`d have DD anytime, just a better alround guy

[quote user="ob1"]Bet you said the same (as did we all) when Dion arrived...Anyway - how can our ambition die, almost daily, when in another breath you''d claim we never had any?[/quote]

Well no actually, I thought his great experience would bring something

to the team even if he wouldn''t play every match. Some of us thought

we''d wait and give him a chance.

That being said, I''m not keen on AC, he''d probably get some goals but

smacks too much of that waster Cottee and he''ll hardly bring anything

to the dressing room, he''s a miserable prima donna.

Don''t try and get a logical answer from the pointy hatted one...wasting your fingers

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]Andy Cole was awful at burnley.. why would he be any good here?[/quote]

How do you work that out? he scored 6 goals in 13 games ffs!

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

don`t think there is any comparison

a 38 yr old DD or 36yr old cole

i`d have DD anytime, just a better alround guy

[/quote]

...or a 32 year old Hucks...

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]Andy Cole was awful at burnley.. why would he be any good here?[/quote]

How do you work that out? he scored 6 goals in 13 games ffs!

[/quote]

Indeed. He is a proven goalscorer at the highest level, just what we need. The likes of Paterson and Beckford have had one decent season at a lower level, and will cost an awful lot more (in fees, admittedly not wages). Be interesting if the age/lack of ambition argument came up if we signed Kevin Phillips.

Cole''s record in the Championship reads 6 in 13....i''d happily take that ratio over 46 games.