Sign in to follow this  
We Love You Huckerby

Huckerby Demonstration

Sit on your hands has (probably) put us fans in the position we are in now. Even if nobody is at the ground, or even if only a couple of hundred fans turn up at least that is a signal to the board that some fans have had enough. The board currently don''t give two sh*ts about the fans, if some fans start making a racket then they might think twice. It''s worth a shot and nobody has got any place to tell people what to do or insult them about something they obviously care about.Btw, I would have reported your first post dog-face. If you don''t want to add anything of any value then don''t bother. Insulting people is against the rules on the board.

[quote user="We Love You Huckerby"]

Me and a large group of friends are planning a demonstration outside the main entrance of Carrow Road this weekend after the dispicable release of Darren Huckerby today. We are appealing to all you who agree that this situation has been a disgrace and who believe Huckerby should be with the Canaries next season to send your support to this post and join our demonstration this Saturday at 3pm. We have already gathered media attention so we need as many people and as much support as possible to enphasise the point we are trying to get accross.

Thanks for your support and we hope to see you on Saturday at 3pm!

[/quote]

Why just protest about Hux (a has-been who should be released)? What about asking where the all the money has gone while youre down there?

There are far bigger issues worth protesting about like why we''re teetering on Administration just 3 years after being a PREMIER league side!!

Just because you didnt get to blow kisses at him at Sheffield, don''t cry about it - like any of them deserved it after being thrashed 4-1!! OK he scored but he, like the rest of them, were utter crap for 50 minutes!!

I agree that the timing on notification to the fans was poor as we cant give Huckerby a good send off, but a demonstration to get him reinstated is pathetic! Roeder has got a hard enough job on his hands to turn this club round and if Huckerby was required he would of been offered a new contract, simple as that. I am sure that Glen would of realised that this would cause a bit of ill feeling amongst ''some'' fans so his decision was a difficult one but if City are to go forward then we should trust Glen Roeder, please!

[quote user="ricky knight"]its always next year.[/quote]

spot on. every year you sit their and say ''next year will be fine''. well unless we grow a money tree and buy some quality, it wont be fine.

im not saying a protest is the right or wrong thing. just fed up of hearing people say every year that next year will be better.

and after your protest the club will re-sign hucks on a 4 year deal will they?

go and enjoy the sun this weekend instead.. take the kids to the beach... sit outside a pub and enjoy a tipple... get a life... Hucks has gone and the club will move on...

no one did this when Kevin Reeves was sold in the 70''s did they? or Sutton in 95? or Eadie (who was a better player than hucks imo) in 1999?

jas :)

Come on guys , the media ? Radio Norwich ............With Alan Partridge....

Seen this all before Kevin Reeves Justin Fashanu Chris Woods Chris Sutton these are all true legends...

Been there got the t shirt, Hucks is a legend but understand all good things come to an end xxxxxx

Can u not understand why he''s been released. ?

Me and a large group of friends are planning a demonstration outside the main entrance of Carrow Road this weekend after the dispicable release of Darren Huckerby today. We are appealing to all you who agree that this situation has been a disgrace and who believe Huckerby should be with the Canaries next season to send your support to this post and join our demonstration this Saturday at 3pm. We have already gathered media attention so we need as many people and as much support as possible to enphasise the point we are trying to get accross.

[/quote]

Why don''t you grow up, its a football team you support not one player!

I refuse to buy the new shirt, my demonstration will be to continue wearing my number 6 shirt next season!

Don''t buy the new shirt!

OTBC

Protesting outside an empty ground in the closed season.

What genius dreamt that one up..

Still I''m sure the Morrisons shoppers will be entertained by the 4 of you.

I found it easier to e-mail Doomcaster that the situation was handled badly therebye freeing Sat afternoon for a beer and a BBQ, and not a 4 man protest at an empty ground.

I smell a wind up.

You are wasting your time fella - i''m not against you protesting if that is the thing you want to do. However if you do, think about the following:

1. We finally have a manager and coaching team at this club which the majority of people believe is a massive move in the right direction. Hound him out and we would be back with the likes of Grant, Duffy, Worthington etc..

2.The majority of fans know that the ONLY reason we are letting Hucks go is finances. We haven''t got enough money to keep him and undertake the massive squad rebuilding job that needs to be done. Keep Hucks and we would have to make do average players around him like the last 2 years and where has that got us ?? If you want to protest at anyone protest against the board, Smith, Doncaster, Turner etc - they are the ones who have put us in the financial situation we find ourselves and are therefore the reason why Hucks hasn''t been offered a contract....think about it, Roeder has been given a budget to work within, he needs to massively rebuild and bring in numerous quality players, we as fans have realised this and been shouting about the need for more quality for years, he has a player on £14k a week - what would you do as a manager ?? put all your eggs in one basket ? what if he is injured all next season ?

3.Fantastic player Hucks is, where have we finished in the league the past 2 seasons ? Not Hucks fault alone - its because the squad isn''t good enough - see 2 above.

Don''t get me wrong I think Hucks is a fantastic player and am extremely sad/angry to see him go. He is the ONLY creative player we have in our ridiciously poor squad - BUT if you are going to protest - for gods sake protest against the right people....Yes Roeder ultimately made the decision - but if you were in his position you would HAVE to do the same, even if you didn''t want to. Keep Hucks and bring in 10 low paid "no-ones" and we have a much greater chance of being in the same situation we have found ourselves this season.  

If your going to protest about the way it was handled then fair enough. If your going to protest simply because he was released then im afraid it will have zero effect, situations like this happen every year in football.

Whilst i am as gutted about the decision as anyone and dismayed at how it has been handled a demo will not do any good and this constant protest culture that seems to be appearing simply detracts from the impact of any future protests when there is a real issue to protest about. Whats more the kind of half-baked efforts that see 15 or 20 people outside the city stand just make us look stupid. If we want to make the point write to the club, chant hucks name at every game next season, let Roeder know we are not happy with how he has behanved but a few kids stood outside the city stand next saturday afternoon (when no-one will be at Carrow Road) will do nothing.

[quote user="ricky knight"]its always next year.[/quote]

Spot on Ricky.

Any excuse and straw they will clutch at it like a drowning man![:|]

[/quote]i agree that it was said to see huckerby go and how it was handled was a disgrace but a demonstration i feel its going a bit far,will there be anyone at the ground ? to hear you.

[quote user="Huckerby over Roeder and Day"]

To be honest Roeder hasn''t worked miracles, we are playing no better than we were under Grant, the only way we were saved was through our fluke 13 match run were we didn''t play great, luck was just on our side.

[/quote]Ha ha ha ha ha. Brilliant. Go on, tell us another one.

I admire people who protest, but I will not be there. I do not see any point at all, the club will not resign him so whats the point? None I''m afraid.

Nobody expects to resign him, thats not the point. The board have had an easy ride a little demo to show the natives are restless might make them realise supporters are not just season ticket numbers but real people. So what if nobody is there, they will soon hear of it, thats for sure. I say good luck to the guys, go for it.

id just like to point out that you are protesting on a Saturday at 3 pm when theres no home game.. therefore there will be no one at the ground...

Im sure the club shop staff and the woman at reception will pass your thoughts onto Doncaster and the board though...

Try when the Directors are actually there between August and May rather than when everyones Sunning themselves in the Canary Islands....

jas :)

Dont think that the board or Roeder will be off on holiday yet Jas, they have 12 new players to find for pre season 1/7 [:)] but Colney might be your best bet for any protest next week.

Everyone is dissing the fact nobody will be at the ground on saturday, so what about changing it to May 18th, the day of the greatest ever event, not only will alot of the board be there but so will Hucks so we can not only demonstrate about the way this has been handled but we can also show our support for Hucks. What you think?

[quote user="Huckerby over Roeder and Day"]Everyone is dissing the fact nobody will be at the ground on saturday, so what about changing it to May 18th, the day of the greatest ever event, not only will alot of the board be there but so will Hucks so we can not only demonstrate about the way this has been handled but we can also show our support for Hucks. What you think?[/quote]

Why not just protest about how the club has been handled? Forget about Hux.

[quote user="archer4721"]

[quote user="Huckerby over Roeder and Day"]Everyone is dissing the fact nobody will be at the ground on saturday, so what about changing it to May 18th, the day of the greatest ever event, not only will alot of the board be there but so will Hucks so we can not only demonstrate about the way this has been handled but we can also show our support for Hucks. What you think?[/quote]

[/quote]

Why not just forget the whole stupid, stinking idea???!!!!

[quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

I agree i believe we should all get together and protest about the way the club is being handled. About the lack of money and the way players are being treated and forced out of the club, At the moment to them we are just numbers on papers and bums to fill seats to the board and we have been for a long time. We need to show them that without us the club would not be able to run and the importance of keeping the club happy. The current board reminds me of that of the robert chase era, we got through that by protesting, so lets do the same again for the football clubs sake!

[quote user="Chabal"]Good plan, I''ll be there..[/quote]Significant that an ITFC fan is sorry that Hux is leaving?