Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Gibbs

[quote user="BBFF"]

Oh no not Gibbs???????????

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

The boy had a good match.

Dare I say it, his best game by a country mile and actually that was a very good performance by the lad.

I thought he did quite well against WBA and even better today. Although I did think there was a bit of reluctance between him and Semmy to play the ball to the other one.

He was a bit hamstrung by being on the right flank when he is very left footed, but i thought he did well, very good lay off for Ched which nearly got another goal.

[quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]Slightly ironic post you''ve put there.  If you think football must come first then Gibbs should have been picked ahead of both Pattison and Russell.  As it was, and despite needing to bulk up a bit for the Championship, Gibbs played well - as he did against WBA - and deserved to be included.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

Slightly ironic post you''ve put there.  If you think football must come first then Gibbs should have been picked ahead of both Pattison and Russell.  As it was, and despite needing to bulk up a bit for the Championship, Gibbs played well - as he did against WBA - and deserved to be included.
[/quote]

Agreed, i think that the boy is class; he gave considerable balance to the team. I would be well pleased if he came next season.

I would certainly like to see him back next season along with Bertrand, Pearce, and Evans who have all made a significant contribution.

He did play well yesterday, and also as some have said against WBA. Seems he might be a late developer, but had good technique. Most of Roeder''s loans have been great. Going back to Martin Taylor, if Birmingham come down, what chance us getting him back?

glenn embraced him as he came off like a long lost son. poor old jamie got a pat on the back on his way past to the bench like glenn could hardly bare to look at him .

[quote user="ched seven"]glenn embraced him as he came off like a long lost son. poor old jamie got a pat on the back on his way past to the bench like glenn could hardly bare to look at him .[/quote]In fairness, as a striker you have to at least hit the target and test the goal keeper. Jamie Cureton failed that on too many occasions yesterday. As for Gibbs, he played alright considering he was on his weaker side. Was a lot more comfortable when put on the free roll to drift across into the middle and help out on the left side.

i think jamies confidence is absolutely shot he did some good work around the box but looked reluctant to have a shot in case he missed another supposed sitter, maybe glenn should try the arm round the shoulder cos hanging him out to dry in the press every week is obviously not working.

i thought gibbs has been ok in the last two games, when he has been in the games, thats the problem, he fades away and is forgotten

no shack attack, its just that he was dog poo two months ago when he first broke into the team in my opinion. thats why hes only played 6 games in all the time he was here

Gibbs has been much better in our last 2 games thoug he is still well short of being a decent Championship level player due to his lack of physique. If he fills out then he is worth a go in the future otherwise not!

Gibbs did well yesterday, but it wasn''t difficult against QPR''s 3 man midfield as their manager resorted to a crazy 4-3-2 formation after the sending of.Im sure he will mature into a good player, but all in all his time here has been a failure as he has failed to make the grade.  Having said that you can''t get them all right, and Roeder has made several excellent loan signings.

Did some of you lot actually go to the game. He hardly kicked the ball in the first half, made runs into congested areas, leaving Bertrand with no options when we were coming forward, can''t shhot, can''t tackle and can''t head the ball.

He did better in the second half when he came more into the centre but even then Russell contributed more in his 15 mins than Gibbs did all game.

He might be a good prospect when he fill out a bit but for me we were weeker with him in the team.

Well said BB

Marvelous we stay up all is forgiven, according to most on here the guy aint been worth a txss since he has been here, now people want him to stay. I want quality brought, in fact demand it, this season has been a blxxdy disgrace.

[quote user="Fellas"]Hux or Gibbs? Russell or Gibbs? Chadwick/Croft or Gibbs?
[/quote]

Precisely!

Makes you wonder whether Roeder had his hand forced in having to play the BOY which is the main problem with him trying to play mens football. Gibbs has been totally out of his depth at times though you can see by his last 2 performances that he has ability but needs desperately to build himself up as ability on its own will not ensure a good pro career.

Believe me I''ve been one of his biggest critics, he has played games in front of better players, too many fans have given him the benefit of the doubt cause hes from Arsenal and Roeders tinkering with a winning side from the end of January onwards ensured we had this recent struggle to get clear of the relegation battle!