Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Player Of Season??? if anyone!!

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on nominations for Player of the Season. I know there are 5 games to go but who deserves it based on performances up to now. I must admit Ian Murray caught my eye!!!!!!!

i voted for doc, purley becuase he has put in the effort, i suspect dublin will win, with doc in second and cureton third

[quote user="shaunieboy77"]

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on nominations for Player of the Season. I know there are 5 games to go but who deserves it based on performances up to now. I must admit Ian Murray caught my eye!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Marshall caught mine.... then dropped it...

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i voted for doc, purley becuase he has put in the effort, i suspect dublin will win, with doc in second and cureton third
[/quote]

No Russell?

If by "POY" you mean someone whose play kind of sums up the season best for us, then I''d like to nominate Juan Velasco.  Came in with much fanfare and expectations, played poorly, and faded into oblivion.  Assuming we don''t get relegated, that is how 2007-08 will be remembered........or not remembered because it will have faded into oblivion.

I just noticed there is an option to NOT add any icons to a comment.  Why would anyone bother to click it if not clicking anything at all will result in the same thing? 

Adam Drury

(being injured noones had the chance to unfairly criticize him!)

closely followed by Chris Brown for his ability to look rubbish yet leave and help Preston surge above us.

[quote user="cityangel"]I voted for Dion for sentimental reasons.[/quote]

I voted for Hartson for other mental reasons [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i voted for doc, purley becuase he has put in the effort, i suspect dublin will win, with doc in second and cureton third[/quote]

No Russell?

[/quote]i hope not, hes been ok, but falls over too much

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I voted for Hartson for other mental reasons [;)]

[/quote]

Well, Ken,  better to vote for those than not to vote at all - I guess.

OTBC

I think the award should go to Pattison, good excuse for a few soft drinks up city for the lad[;)]!!!

Had to think long and hard about this, ok 5 minutes while drinking my coffee lol.  Most improved player for me, although still more improvement to come has to be Crofty, although the Doc comes a close second.

Player I am impressed with overall and my POTY, has to be no other than Dion.

1- Dion (Thanks for everything big man)2- Russell (Most Consistent)3- Doherty (Looks more assured, probably the most improved player in the squad)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Robert Eagle! he hasnt played ona  losing 1st team this season....

jas :)

[/quote]

there''s me expecting you to say Marshall!

So did I!

Not just sentiment though, he''s set an example by his professionalism which imo has gone a long way towards keeping us up (fingers crossed . . .).  The spirit of Barry Butler personified.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Had to think long and hard about this, ok 5 minutes while drinking my coffee lol.  Most improved player for me, although still more improvement to come has to be Crofty, although the Doc comes a close second.

Player I am impressed with overall and my POTY, has to be no other than Dion.

[/quote]

I agree with two out of the three there - Dion will undoubtedly win it, and IMO Crofty is the most improved player

problem is this year some of the best moments have come from players on loan, such as Evans and Bertrand, and having not been here a full season they are unlikely to be in contention for POTY

for me it''s Dion, Croft, Cureton (for turning it around)

There''s only one player this year for me........

1st Wizard.......[:D]

Started out under Chase playing hoofball but now renowned for his dribbling.

Can turn in a sixpence (in fact can turn, turn turn and turn again).

An old fashioned whinger (sorry winger).

Can be very defensive.

Many fans think he should be left back (behind the Barclay).

So this years NCFC player of the season iz wiz !!   [:S]

i rekcon knowing u well like i do i think it should be u shaunieboy77 u could show them a thing or 2 out there

[quote user="dp"]i rekcon knowing u well like i do i think it should be u shaunieboy77 u could show them a thing or 2 out there[/quote]

U R rite there m8, he is wkd.

My vote goes to Gary Doherty - he''s played regularly, he''s played consistently well and he''s played with commitment. And he''s also played for long periods of time with large sections of the crowd hoping he''ll make a mistake so they can get on his case.

However, I suspect Dion''s hero status will see him win it. Although personally I think his form has been a bit patchy this season.

My runner up would be Darel Russell, he''s done well for us and he''s put in some brave performances. Just a shame about the red cards recently, though I don''t really hold that against him.

It would have to be between Dion and Marshall, I suppose, but the former''s goal scoring has not been prolific so are we giving it for sentimental reasons of for his influence on other players, and the latter has had some heart stopping flaps at crosses even if he has stopped some good shots.

The best player that have been a Norwich player this year. Joe Lewis.

Curent norwich player Dublin.

I expect Dion will win with maybe Doherty and Russell to be in the mix, but i would love to see Bertrand sneak into third place, for his first season at this level he has been truely outstanding and has a great future.