Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Norwich Sign Dutch Striker

[quote user="ricky knight"]Listen mate, some of us work for a living and cant watch footie 24/7, summer i am on tour living out of suitcases Anyway i cant really stand international football find it boring. I aint got nout against the lad just the way the striker situation has been handled, hope he proves me wrong and score the goals to keep us up. My question was anyway, what has he done since the u21, answer not alot it seems, unless i have missed all his goals for Blackburn.[/quote]

and if he had been.... would we have signed him??? no!! ur just being daft... i asked you to give me a name of someone you would have signed... and u could name noone....! why cos ur not really a football fan at all!! go away!! the club needs support.... especially on saturday!!

And just in case - however remote - he fails to score a hatrick on Saturday, can we count up the number of chances he is given, before we write him off? Delighted to have him in the squad and quite a coup at this stage of the season, but am not sure the blame rests entirely with the strikers Evans and Cureton, (Cureton''s sitter against Stoke excepted). They have not had a lot offered from our midfield.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Listen mate, some of us work for a living and cant watch footie 24/7, summer i am on tour living out of suitcases Anyway i cant really stand international football find it boring. I aint got nout against the lad just the way the striker situation has been handled, hope he proves me wrong and score the goals to keep us up. My question was anyway, what has he done since the u21, answer not alot it seems, unless i have missed all his goals for Blackburn.[/quote]international footy... boring i agreehowever the english vs the dutch in the U21s was an awesome game and an awesome penalty shootout.... which we lost. naturally.

Glenn Roeder should have realised before the Euro Under 21s that Rigters was going to be a quality player and that he would become Norwich manager and signed him up then! It''s the board''s fault that this didn''t happen. And tell that to Pink ''Un readers today and they won''t believe you.

If he scores the winner on Saturday it''ll register a 9 on the RigterS cale!

Hope he isn''t frightened by a crowd after being at Blackburn all those months.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]haha... lame but quality

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why then, did we not try and sign him in january?

Roeder said last week that "theres no strikers out there" clearly not true then was it?

jas :)

[/quote]

Whose to say we didn''t try to sign him in January - we certainly did try for him last Summer, and there''s dozens of reasons why things happen at one time and not another, perhaps he was injured, Hughes didn''t want to let him go, or something.

Re: Roeder and what he said, this is just the way of the world - IMO he said what he had to for the situation he was in: he was hardly going to come out and name names or let too much info out about who we were after as to have done so would be daft but, equally, had he said absolutely nothing he would have been castigated for not trying. 

At the end of the day, this guy might be a great signing, might be a poor one, we will just have to wait and see whilst hoping for the former.  But the fact that others were looking to sign him suggests that he is well rated - including by our friends from over the border, and they still have ideas about reaching the play offs....surely that is a good sign.

[/quote]

Lol, good stuff RH.

I think this could be a cracking signing and none of us would have expected it at the start of this morning so hopefully Glenn''s pulled off the signing that will spark the team back into life!

[/quote]

By god, I never considered the potential headlines this man could make with a name like that.

[quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Listen mate, some of us work for a living and cant watch footie 24/7, summer i am on tour living out of suitcases Anyway i cant really stand international football find it boring. I aint got nout against the lad just the way the striker situation has been handled, hope he proves me wrong and score the goals to keep us up. My question was anyway, what has he done since the u21, answer not alot it seems, unless i have missed all his goals for Blackburn.[/quote]

and if he had been.... would we have signed him??? no!! ur just being daft... i asked you to give me a name of someone you would have signed... and u could name noone....! why cos ur not really a football fan at all!! go away!! the club needs support.... especially on saturday!!

[/quote]

let me tell you something, you would not want to give me 50p for every mile i have done with norwich city over 40 years. You made my point for me if he was as good as people are saying we would not be signing him, on top of that he aint match fit, Roeders words not mine, according to reports.

FOR GODS SAKE STOP BEING SO EFFING NEGATIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING.  GO AND JUMP OFF THE BROKEN BRIDGE.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Err? isn''t our new striker really a winger? and has been all his career?..............priceless Roeder!.[/quote]

Continually displaying ignorance about the game they profess to love is the staple habit of the negative clan.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="ricky knight"]

that dont mean jack if he is 24 whats he done since.

[/quote]

Nod off last summer did we?
[/quote]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why then, did we not try and sign him in january?

Roeder said last week that "theres no strikers out there" clearly not true then was it?

jas :)

[/quote]

Keep up - Roeder did try to get him earlier, but Hughes wouldn''t let him go. Find something else to witter about.

[quote user="NorfolkChance"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Okay chaps, fair point, I was wrong, sorry.

Anyway, of course I wish him well, if he could grab a couple of goals to keep us up, then you won''t hear me complaining!   

Not what you wanted to hear but................

[/quote]

Who are you trying to convince Wiz. You, or us?

[/quote]

Both![:D]

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[/quote]

let me tell you something, you would not want to give me 50p for every mile i have done with norwich city over 40 years. You made my point for me if he was as good as people are saying we would not be signing him, on top of that he aint match fit, Roeders words not mine, according to reports.

[/quote]Who would you have signed Ricky?

[quote user="JC"]

FOR GODS SAKE STOP BEING SO EFFING NEGATIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING.  GO AND JUMP OFF THE BROKEN BRIDGE.

[/quote]

Oh grow up!.[:P]

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[/quote]

[/quote]The problem is he could be an above average striker but he still isn''t going to get games ahead of two quality and vastly experienced strikers in Santa Cruz and McCarthy. They are just top notch.And then we are talking about different levels too. He may well not be premiership quality yet, but he hasn''t had the oppertunities to prove it. A bit like Ashton when we signed him. Now no one is saying he is as good as Ashton but he comes with a lot of praise from various places including the under 21 tournament. You don''t get that without playing well. And he was obviously good enough to be scouted by Premiership clubs and then invested in.All I would say is that rather than rule him out or in straight away - concentrate on the key thing right now, get behind the team! If he plays let him prove to us how good he is rather than making your mind up before a ball is kicked. To be quite frank, I couldn''t give a damn who scores the goals just so long as we don''t go down and at least make a show of ourselves in the last few games!OTBC!

[quote user="JC"]

Continually displaying ignorance about the game they profess to love is the staple habit of the negative clan.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

go on know all whats he done since, oh yea nout. he is 24 if he is as talented as being spouted should he not be a first team regular by now, 24 in the modern game is quite late in life,

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

go on know all whats he done since, oh yea nout. he is 24 if he is as talented as being spouted should he not be a first team regular by now, 24 in the modern game is quite late in life,

[/quote]

Well maybe he isnt good enough for the premiership, as shown by not getting into the Blackburn team. Last I checked Blackburn were a top half premiership team. Last I checked we were a rubbish championship team. As Ive said, if he can fire in a goal or two to lead us to safety then I dont care how good he is.

Wizard,

You seem to have gone off Mr Roeder very quickly and yet you were a big fan of his a month ago, what has he done to change your opinion of him, if you don''t mind me asking?

CA

Lets get one thing straight, i hope the lad is a sensation, scores in every game, keeps us up by a distance, but i still question why we have had to make a desperate signing so late in the season, i ask where the goals would come from in August its not hindsight when some of you lot were saying the same about Brown and Big Dave,give them time, this is Browns level, Dave was top scorer in micky mouse league etc, we have been desperate all season up front, now we are pinning our hopes on a blackburn reserve

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

i really dont care how many miles you have done... thats not the issue.... the issue is your slagging a signing that on paper is what we need right now.... i asked you who you would hav signed, you came out with no NAMES case closed.... not many players want to come here right now, in the summer this may be different, everyone is level.. reset back to zero!! so shut up and do what you pretend to do... walk those miles!!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Wizard,

You seem to have gone off Mr Roeder very quickly and yet you were a big fan of his a month ago, what has he done to change your opinion of him, if you don''t mind me asking?

CA

[/quote]

Its the tinkering and weid team selections CA.

GR done incredible things when he first come in, he had us saved, almost, and then for some reason, he went and signed those unfit ''babies'' on loan in January. We all wanted Taylor, and he was available early on, plus one striker.

The kids introduction into the team I''m sure upset players like Mo, Curo and Semmy, who were playing well, and our results crumbled.

I also have a huge problem over this Patteson thing and with Roeder backing him, yes I''m biased here, but I believe a club who claims to be a family club should sack Patterson, regardless of our team strength.

If you listen to what Roeder said it was that Mark Hughes was unwilling to let him go as he was in and around the squad in terms or striking pecking order.

The same could have been said about Defoe at tottenham . . .

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

Wizard,

CA

[/quote]

Its the tinkering and weid team selections CA.

GR done incredible things when he first come in, he had us saved, almost, and then for some reason, he went and signed those unfit ''babies'' on loan in January. We all wanted Taylor, and he was available early on, plus one striker.

The kids introduction into the team I''m sure upset players like Mo, Curo and Semmy, who were playing well, and our results crumbled.

I also have a huge problem over this Patteson thing and with Roeder backing him, yes I''m biased here, but I believe a club who claims to be a family club should sack Patterson, regardless of our team strength.

[/quote]

So in other words Wiz, all the time things are going great you support GR, when things aren''t so great you don''t?  In my days we would call that being fickle [;)][:D]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Lets get one thing straight, i hope the lad is a sensation, scores in every game, keeps us up by a distance, but i still question why we have had to make a desperate signing so late in the season, i ask where the goals would come from in August its not hindsight when some of you lot were saying the same about Brown and Big Dave,give them time, this is Browns level, Dave was top scorer in micky mouse league etc, we have been desperate all season up front, now we are pinning our hopes on a blackburn reserve[/quote]

I agree we should have got someone in earlier in the season, which I agreed with earlier.

But as for the here and now, who else could we have got? Who else could we have ''pinned our hopes on''?

Yeah hes a blackburn reserve, Huckerby was a Man city reserve when we signed him. Taylor was a Birmingham reserve when we had him in. And so on and so forth.

I would have signed Priskin from Watford (now on loan to PNE) as he is taller (6''2") and at 21 has already 16 senior caps (scoring 6) to his name, including games against Argentina and Italy. But Rigters does not sound a bad signing at all. At least on paper. But given his lack of first team football, will he be able to deliver for us against Colchester, when win is the only acceptable result?

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

The only thing I will say to that is people have moaned about our other young loanees, yet when we sign someone in their mid 20''s thats also wrong too. Just an observation.

Hopefully he''ll do well.