Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Norwich Sign Dutch Striker

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="JC"]

Continually displaying ignorance about the game they profess to love is the staple habit of the negative clan.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="ricky knight"]

that dont mean jack if he is 24 whats he done since.

[/quote]

Nod off last summer did we?
[/quote][/quote]

go on know all whats he done since, oh yea nout. he is 24 if he is as talented as being spouted should he not be a first team regular by now, 24 in the modern game is quite late in life,

[/quote]

i really dont care how many miles you have done... thats not the issue.... the issue is your slagging a signing that on paper is what we need right now.... i asked you who you would hav signed, you came out with no NAMES case closed.... not many players want to come here right now, in the summer this may be different, everyone is level.. reset back to zero!! so shut up and do what you pretend to do... walk those miles!!!!

[/quote]

you are a typical keyboard warrior aint you, have i dissed you in anyway, as i am not privy to strikers available all over Europe its hard to name, but there is Eastwood sitting about, earnie sitting about, , Nugent, Harewood, Zamora, Riorden, Sharp, we supposely missed out on who werent getting a game under Robson. I know the story they dont want to come, we are a little club, we are in the sticks, we are in the shxt, in january in some opinions we still had as much chance of playoffs as going down. If we cant attract players on 25,000 gates, some of the best facilities in Europe, then something is wrong within the club. If you do make a response, do try to be respectful, its not hard i know its so easy not to be sitting behind a keyboard.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Lets get one thing straight, i hope the lad is a sensation, scores in every game, keeps us up by a distance, but i still question why we have had to make a desperate signing so late in the season, i ask where the goals would come from in August its not hindsight when some of you lot were saying the same about Brown and Big Dave,give them time, this is Browns level, Dave was top scorer in micky mouse league etc, we have been desperate all season up front, now we are pinning our hopes on a blackburn reserve[/quote]

I agree we should have got someone in earlier in the season, which I agreed with earlier.

But as for the here and now, who else could we have got? Who else could we have ''pinned our hopes on''?

Yeah hes a blackburn reserve, Huckerby was a Man city reserve when we signed him. Taylor was a Birmingham reserve when we had him in. And so on and so forth.

[/quote]

with a respect Hux had a career long before he was in Man City reserves, perhaps you can fill me in on this lads career, no i am not being a pxxck, genuienely interested as i may have got it wrong.

Agree hucks had a longer career, so was definitely the better prospect at the time.

As ive said the guy could go either way, foreigners in the english league often fail spectacularly.

All I know about him is that he was a good prospect at Breda, and he was used on the wing. (That was From a Dutch mate of mine). He described him as a poor mans Ryan Babel. But the breakthrough (And when I saw him live, and put in good performances) was the under 21s championship. Obviously the age thing has been discussed and is never here nor their. Either way the kid was top scorer, was part of the team of the tournament, and his country won the whole thing. They beat England under 21s in the semis, the England team in comparison included the likes of Ashley Young, Matt Derbyshire, James Milner, Mark Noble, Anton Ferdinand etc. So the pedigree is there. Whether he can cut it in the English leagues is always the relevant question, but with his apparent quality I think he should excel in division one. But with only seven games to showcase himself, playing in a team dreadfuly low on confidence and with no service to the strikers I wouldnt be surprised at all if he doesnt do too well.  

I did a little hunting, seems like Celtic were in for him over the summer. Also has a couple of interesting things about his strengths and playing style. People who obviously have far better knowledge than me seem to rate him, but whether he can perform in our mess of a team is up for debate; either way I look forward to finding out!

http://europeanboard.ephpbb.com/european-leagues-f4/maceo-ritgers-t10210.htm

To be honest Ricky me and you are looking at this from two different perspectives. You are looking at in terms of the whole season. How the striking department has been lacking and should have been addressed ages ago, probably meaning we wouldnt be in this position. Which I completely agree with. However for now Im looking at the next seven games. In January I said we need a striker, and I lamented the fact we didnt get one after the window shut, and I will do so again when I look back on the season. But for now as Ive said far too many times recently on various threads, these seven games could crush our club, if indeed we did get relegated. My only focus is survival, once thats secured, ill worry again about the recent failings (No striker, grant etc). Anything that will help us avoid relegation, which I believe Ritgers will, can only be a good thing.

Jesus you live in a different world Ricky. Harewood is at Villa playing games every now and then, not going to suddenly drop to lower championship, zamorea is fit and getting games at West Ham, Sharp has just started scoring for Shef United, Earnshaw is apparently not available on loan, and Wolves are not going to loan out a striker when they are still in with a play off shout (which whatever some ppl say to WBA, they are). You have not listed a single realisitic target.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Agree hucks had a longer career, so was definitely the better prospect at the time.

As ive said the guy could go either way, foreigners in the english league often fail spectacularly.

All I know about him is that he was a good prospect at Breda, and he was used on the wing. (That was From a Dutch mate of mine). He described him as a poor mans Ryan Babel. But the breakthrough (And when I saw him live, and put in good performances) was the under 21s championship. Obviously the age thing has been discussed and is never here nor their. Either way the kid was top scorer, was part of the team of the tournament, and his country won the whole thing. They beat England under 21s in the semis, the England team in comparison included the likes of Ashley Young, Matt Derbyshire, James Milner, Mark Noble, Anton Ferdinand etc. So the pedigree is there. Whether he can cut it in the English leagues is always the relevant question, but with his apparent quality I think he should excel in division one. But with only seven games to showcase himself, playing in a team dreadfuly low on confidence and with no service to the strikers I wouldnt be surprised at all if he doesnt do too well.  

I did a little hunting, seems like Celtic were in for him over the summer. Also has a couple of interesting things about his strengths and playing style. People who obviously have far better knowledge than me seem to rate him, but whether he can perform in our mess of a team is up for debate; either way I look forward to finding out!

http://europeanboard.ephpbb.com/european-leagues-f4/maceo-ritgers-t10210.htm

To be honest Ricky me and you are looking at this from two different perspectives. You are looking at in terms of the whole season. How the striking department has been lacking and should have been addressed ages ago, probably meaning we wouldnt be in this position. Which I completely agree with. However for now Im looking at the next seven games. In January I said we need a striker, and I lamented the fact we didnt get one after the window shut, and I will do so again when I look back on the season. But for now as Ive said far too many times recently on various threads, these seven games could crush our club, if indeed we did get relegated. My only focus is survival, once thats secured, ill worry again about the recent failings (No striker, grant etc). Anything that will help us avoid relegation, which I believe Ritgers will, can only be a good thing.

[/quote]

I dont believe we are too far apart and i want the lad to do well, but all this over the top, great, superb signing business is abit premature and once again the club get off a situation which should have been addressed not even January but pre season. If we do go down is a massive failure and a disaster, who will be held to account, i think the Percy''s will still be spouting love and affection for all and count our blessings we aint in the conference like Torquay.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Lets get one thing straight, i hope the lad is a sensation, scores in every game, keeps us up by a distance, but i still question why we have had to make a desperate signing so late in the season, i ask where the goals would come from in August its not hindsight when some of you lot were saying the same about Brown and Big Dave,give them time, this is Browns level, Dave was top scorer in micky mouse league etc, we have been desperate all season up front, now we are pinning our hopes on a blackburn reserve[/quote]

I agree we should have got someone in earlier in the season, which I agreed with earlier.

But as for the here and now, who else could we have got? Who else could we have ''pinned our hopes on''?

Yeah hes a blackburn reserve, Huckerby was a Man city reserve when we signed him. Taylor was a Birmingham reserve when we had him in. And so on and so forth.

[/quote]

with a respect Hux had a career long before he was in Man City reserves, perhaps you can fill me in on this lads career, no i am not being a pxxck, genuienely interested as i may have got it wrong.

[/quote]

Yeah, Newcastle and Leeds reserves

[quote user="king canary"]Jesus you live in a different world Ricky. Harewood is at Villa playing games every now and then, not going to suddenly drop to lower championship, zamorea is fit and getting games at West Ham, Sharp has just started scoring for Shef United, Earnshaw is apparently not available on loan, and Wolves are not going to loan out a striker when they are still in with a play off shout (which whatever some ppl say to WBA, they are). You have not listed a single realisitic target.[/quote]

most of them were realistic in the summer when the situation should have been addressed, Sharp was blanked under Robson, fact, Eastwood, manager dont rate him fact, Harewood is not first choice fact, Tell me how many starts Zamora has made, Earnshaw apparently not 100 per cent, has it been tested only by Cardiff, Earnie turned them down not Derby, fact. Nugent not really wanted by club, fact, Anyone is a target its how much you want that target, City talk the talk, but never walk the walk.

In my business i spend alot of time negotiating its like the grand national loads of hurdles some really hard to get over but if you dont give up at the first hurdle, never say never you will be surprised what you can do, its so easy to say, cant be done.

I dont see anyone saying "this guy is like Maradona" but fact is, a Blackburn reserve is better than what we have at the moment.

martin=lazy joke

jarvis=dead and buried

cureton=needs a partner imo and confidence badly

evans=coming to end of loan, may begin to lose interest esp as we are in bad form now, hasnt scored for a while

hucks=half the player he used to be

we need rigters, give him the biggest cheer when he comes on (bench on sat?) - lets give him a flying start and hopefully he can knock in 3 or 4 goals before the end of the season , that is literally the margin here, and prob would be enough to put us safe.

Martin was the real deal not so long ago according to most on here, the Percy''s say about fickle, some of them are the champs at it, at least i am consistant, like it or not.

Harewood moved in the summer to villa for 2mil. You are saying he would have chosen us? Zamora has been injured. However much money the board does or does not have, we are at the moment a lower mid table championship side, who wont attract players of the caliber you mentioned. On the subject of Martin, I think we can be forgiven for rating him last season, when he was scoring, but a combination of attitude problems and awful managment by grant have meant he now seems to have no fitness and no desire.

Ok KC, if i concede on Harewood, Eastwood, Sharpe, were available, we lost out again theres people like leon knight, Jason Scotland,  not saying them in particular but players of that calibre who might have been worth a punt, who have scored goals. As for Martin how the hell is it Grants fault if he is a fat lazy egotist, after all was it not Grant he excelled under and i can stand Grant BTW.

Dont think we cna blame a lack of ambition in the case of sharp, we had a bid accepted i just dont think Sharp was keen on the move. Eastwood I will give you was realistic in the summer. I just think that if Grant had started him this season he could have kept some momentum, just personal opinion.

Ok, everybody has different viewpoints, we''re agreed on that, to move discussion on a bit....Do we think Rigters will start on Sat? I personally, expect him to, alongside Dion or maybe Ched. He''s too small to play with Curo i think, he''s only 5''10, Ched is around 5''11. i think, so i would guess it''ll probably be Dion.Also the Mirror (The fountain of truth and knowledge lol) is reporting we have him with a view to a permanent. Does anyone know whether this is true or just paper talk? I haven''t seen anything reported elsewhere and Roeder seems to be saying he''s here for 6weeks and that''s our lot.Hoping it is with a view to a permanent...

[quote user="king canary"]Dont think we cna blame a lack of ambition in the case of sharp, we had a bid accepted i just dont think Sharp was keen on the move. Eastwood I will give you was realistic in the summer. I just think that if Grant had started him this season he could have kept some momentum, just personal opinion.[/quote]

I think Martin came back for pre season, not in shape shall we say forcing  Grants hand.

I''m hoping the ''Young Dutchman'' does well.....we certainly need a lift. I think he may be on the bench for Saturday....(That''s if the snow doesn''t enforce a postponement?)[st][um]

Wrap up folks.....

[quote user="kick it off"]Ok, everybody has different viewpoints, we''re agreed on that, to move discussion on a bit....

Do we think Rigters will start on Sat? I personally, expect him to, alongside Dion or maybe Ched. He''s too small to play with Curo i think, he''s only 5''10, Ched is around 5''11. i think, so i would guess it''ll probably be Dion.

Also the Mirror (The fountain of truth and knowledge lol) is reporting we have him with a view to a permanent. Does anyone know whether this is true or just paper talk? I haven''t seen anything reported elsewhere and Roeder seems to be saying he''s here for 6weeks and that''s our lot.

Hoping it is with a view to a permanent...
[/quote]

dont know if he will start apparently not matchfit, could be good for 20/25 minutes if needed.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="king canary"]Dont think we cna blame a lack of ambition in the case of sharp, we had a bid accepted i just dont think Sharp was keen on the move. Eastwood I will give you was realistic in the summer. I just think that if Grant had started him this season he could have kept some momentum, just personal opinion.[/quote]

I think Martin came back for pre season, not in shape shall we say forcing  Grants hand.

[/quote]

If thats the case then obviously I am incorrect in my assumptions.

[/quote]

Thats what worries me, if a young player comes back after having a good break through half season and more than likely with a plan to keep himself busy, as a fat, uninterested player after he had been given a big fat contract, what the hell is he going to be like when he is older. What makes a player with talent want to waste it? I don''t know, we have to ask people like Gazza and Best. Rant over till the next post :)

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="JC"]

Continually displaying ignorance about the game they profess to love is the staple habit of the negative clan.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="ricky knight"]

that dont mean jack if he is 24 whats he done since.

[/quote]

Nod off last summer did we?
[/quote][/quote]

go on know all whats he done since, oh yea nout. he is 24 if he is as talented as being spouted should he not be a first team regular by now, 24 in the modern game is quite late in life,

[/quote]

i really dont care how many miles you have done... thats not the issue.... the issue is your slagging a signing that on paper is what we need right now.... i asked you who you would hav signed, you came out with no NAMES case closed.... not many players want to come here right now, in the summer this may be different, everyone is level.. reset back to zero!! so shut up and do what you pretend to do... walk those miles!!!!

[/quote]

you are a typical keyboard warrior aint you, have i dissed you in anyway, as i am not privy to strikers available all over Europe its hard to name, but there is Eastwood sitting about, earnie sitting about, , Nugent, Harewood, Zamora, Riorden, Sharp, we supposely missed out on who werent getting a game under Robson. I know the story they dont want to come, we are a little club, we are in the sticks, we are in the shxt, in january in some opinions we still had as much chance of playoffs as going down. If we cant attract players on 25,000 gates, some of the best facilities in Europe, then something is wrong within the club. If you do make a response, do try to be respectful, its not hard i know its so easy not to be sitting behind a keyboard.

[/quote]

Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle

arf a witter.

OK show me where i tell people to shut up, take a hike, i dont slag people or say things i would not say face to face in the pub, too many on here are too smart behind a keyboard. Yes Percy''s, and Nancy''s that to me is a bit of banter, its easy if you are losing a debate to resort to slagging folk, i suppose.

arf a witter.

OK show me where i tell people to shut up, take a hike, i dont slag people or say things i would not say face to face in the pub, too many on here are too smart behind a keyboard. Yes Percy''s, and Nancy''s that to me is a bit of banter, its easy if you are losing a debate to resort to slagging folk, i suppose.

[/quote]

im not losing a debate.. you were being ridiculous... first you said "should have bought a striker in jan.." then this turned into " in the summer these were realistic targets". get over it... the summer went grant failed and reoder is trying to be succesful.... are comments like yours helping??

oh and i would say any of this in a pub.. to you..!! your being unrealistic and daft!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m hoping the ''Young Dutchman'' does well.....we certainly need a lift. I think he may be on the bench for Saturday....(That''s if the snow doesn''t enforce a postponement?)[st][um]

Wrap up folks.....

[/quote]

What odds do you think i could get on a double, Rigters to score a diving header and News of the world to title our match report "The Flying Dutchman...."Snow won''t be a problem, we have undersoil heating...

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Wrap up folks.....

[/quote]

What odds do you think i could get on a double, Rigters to score a diving header and News of the world to title our match report "The Flying Dutchman...."

Snow won''t be a problem, we have undersoil heating...
[/quote]

Unfortunately, the approach roads to ickle Norfolk, don''t have such technology....But, I hope it''s only going to be a ''dusting'' and not the 5-10 centimetres that are forecast.....and Colchester isn''t a trillion miles away.

Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox wrote: As for Priskin if he cant do it in this league at Watford what makes you think he can do it here?

He''s no less of a question mark than Rigters, but last season, at 20, he managed to score a couple in the Prem, while in this season he hardly played. Having said that, I''d prefer Earnshaw to both of them!

Just to get on record, before the game kicks off, that I haven''t rubbished the lad or written him off. Because sure as hell, someone will say I did!.

Good luck lad.[Y]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Wrap up folks.....

[/quote]

What odds do you think i could get on a double, Rigters to score a diving header and News of the world to title our match report "The Flying Dutchman...."Snow won''t be a problem, we have undersoil heating...[/quote]

Unfortunately, the approach roads to ickle Norfolk, don''t have such technology....But, I hope it''s only going to be a ''dusting'' and not the 5-10 centimetres that are forecast.....and Colchester isn''t a trillion miles away.

Ah i didnt think of that! Im sure it will be ok with it only being local opposition.

[/quote]

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"]

arf a witter.

[/quote]

im not losing a debate.. you were being ridiculous... first you said "should have bought a striker in jan.." then this turned into " in the summer these were realistic targets". get over it... the summer went grant failed and reoder is trying to be succesful.... are comments like yours helping??

oh and i would say any of this in a pub.. to you..!! your being unrealistic and daft!!

[/quote]

see you dont dont read my posts stevie wonder, i said we should have signed them in the summer and named some in january who we could still have got with some persuasion, Nugent, Earnie, Sharpe cause Robson were''nt using him at time, Eastwood, manager dont rate him, As Roeder has just made an attempt for Earnie, not so crazy idea is it. Unrealistic and Daft thats fine thats your point of view, i would except that because thats an opinion, shut the hell up, etc, is not.