Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Norwich Sign Dutch Striker

Well done Glenn Roeder. Nice to see he mentions the atmosphere of Carra.... lets pump it up a few decibles... one because we have to, two to show off... three because we can.On the ball City!

Wiz..hes a striker played out of position at his previous club. He played up front for Holland U21s at the Euros last year, and for his club before. Stop complaining, its a piece of good news! Maybe you could magic yourself up a smile..?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Err? isn''t our new striker really a winger? and has been all his career?..............priceless Roeder!.[/quote]

Wind-up. You are also happy with this signing.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Err? isn''t our new striker really a winger? and has been all his career?..............priceless Roeder!.[/quote]

No. Read the information given. He''s a striker who''s largely been used on the wing for the Dutch club he came from. Everywhere else he''s played as a striker.

We dont know the ins and outs. Its very possible at his previous club he was a winger due to senior players being up front (Im sure your well aware Henry started out on the wing). Much in the same way his previous team mate, Ryan Babel is a striker, but at Liverpool he plays on the wing.

He played up front for Holland in the under 21s and looked fantastic so Im led to believe.

No Wiz....stop looking to moan. He has played there but is a forward who was awesome in the Euro''s and one who was being raved about on here in the summer.

Lets back him FFS!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Err? isn''t our new striker really a winger? and has been all his career?..............priceless Roeder!.[/quote]Remember the odds I am offering.   I expect the bids to flood in on this one.Good on the lad I say, he could have sat in the B''burn reserves and got paid very well for it I suspect but wants to get out and prove himself.Sadly, there''s just no pleasing some people on here. 

Norwich Sign Rigters

"He''s crap"

"Why have we signed him?"

"He won''t be any good"

"Hasn''t scored any goals"

"No better than what we have"

"Lack of ambition"

Norwich didn''t sign Rigeters

"Why didn''t we try for him?"

"He''s the sort of player we should be trying to sign"

"Class for Holland in U-21''s last Summer"

"Just shows that ''x'' have got more ambition than us"

"Can''t believe we missed out again-thanks Doncaster"

"Lack of ambition"

And our left winger, a Mr Darren Huckerby, has been a striker all his career.

Priceless Wizard!

I wish i could get excited as easy as some of you guys, i think i will wait and see, our record with signing strikers lately is abit suspect.

Also good to hear we have beat off other championship clubs to get him, why choose Norwich of all clubs? Given our situation.

Is Mark Hughes another one of Roeders ''Friends in the game''

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Norwich Sign Rigters

"He''s crap"

"Why have we signed him?"

"He won''t be any good"

"Hasn''t scored any goals"

"No better than what we have"

"Lack of ambition"

Norwich didn''t sign Rigeters

"Why didn''t we try for him?"

"He''s the sort of player we should be trying to sign"

"Class for Holland in U-21''s last Summer"

"Just shows that ''x'' have got more ambition than us"

"Can''t believe we missed out again-thanks Doncaster"

"Lack of ambition"

[/quote]

Well said Old Shuck, I''m a huge admirer or Marco''s ability and if any of the ''He''s crap'' brigade actually watching some of his matches, you would then now that we have signed a player who will be the driving force behind of team for the rest of the season!

I look forward to seeing Marco in a Norwich Shirt, he''s is an AMAZING signing!

Well done Roeder!

Okay chaps, fair point, I was wrong, sorry.

Anyway, of course I wish him well, if he could grab a couple of goals to keep us up, then you won''t hear me complaining!   

Not what you wanted to hear but................

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

He finishing as the top-scorer in the European Under-21 Championships!

Once again, a superb signing!

[/quote]

that dont mean jack if he is 24 whats he done since.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Also good to hear we have beat off other championship clubs to get him, why choose Norwich of all clubs? Given our situation.

Is Mark Hughes another one of Roeders ''Friends in the game''

[/quote]I suspect Mark Bowen had a hand in this... god bless him!

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="mattscousin"]

he cant be that shite tho or blackburn wouldnt have bought him!

[/quote]

.....here we go....... sack the board
[/quote]

Mr Fustrated strikes again[:@]

I wish people would get it into their heads that we are NOT going to get a loan player at this time of the year who has a prolofic goal scoring record, becuase if they DO they will be playing first team football, for goodness sake people stop moaning about him when he hasnt even played a game yet!!!!!

He''s coming into a different squad, with a different manager, at a different level playing in a different system, NOBODY can say he is a poor signing until he''s played a few games!

Get over the fact we cant sign a premiership striker with an impressive goal scoring record, becuase good goal scoring records lead to regular first team starts - thats the sort of the player we will NEVER sign on a loan with 5 or 6 weeks to go.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

What is up with some of you lot? IF we HAVE actually signed this player why o why can''t we just give him a chance before we start to rip him apart.

[/quote]

Why? Because we''re Norwich fans, is why. We ARE those fans we all hate so much, who boo their team whenever they lose a game, who understand so little about the game that they believe that no-one should ever make a mistake (except themselves, that is), and who flip-flop around like scarecrows in a gale. Wolves fans? - they''re a model of consistency compared to us.

I wish people would get it into their heads that we are NOT going to get a loan player at this time of the year who has a prolific goal scoring record, becuase if they do have one they will be playing first team football for their home club, for goodness sake people stop moaning about him when he hasnt even played a game yet.

He''s coming into a different squad, with a different manager, at a different level playing in a different system, NOBODY can say he is a poor signing until he''s played a few games!

Get over the fact we cant sign a premiership striker with an impressive goal scoring record, becuase good goal scoring records lead to regular first team starts - thats the sort of the player we will NEVER sign on a loan with 5 or 6 weeks to go.

Well I''ve gone from dreading Saturday to quite looking forward to it now. Obviously I''ve only watched him in the U21 Championships on TV, but back then when we linked with him I thought he was out of our league. Thumbs up to Glenn for getting him here; could be the boost that''s been badly needed.

Its a joke, thats what it is. Not him signing but the reacition from the usual Nobby negatives about a player signing for us on loan. Like people have said, in the summer when we were linked, he was touted as being a great buy. Thats the proble, on here its either too much one way or the other. I don''t know what he is going to be like as I have never seen him, like all players we sign, infact anybody signs is a gamble and a hope that they play well. As someone once said, football is a funny old game.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The European Under-21 Championships in question took place only 9 months ago.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

this is such a stupid comment.... the guy has started one FA cup game for blackburn, and they are a premiership club... in our league this is a good signing and this also shows roeder is not gonna stand for players not doing their jobs... (cureton, evans dont score and they wont play)...

some of you lot would not be happy if norwich signed rooney get a grip ffs!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Okay chaps, fair point, I was wrong, sorry.

Anyway, of course I wish him well, if he could grab a couple of goals to keep us up, then you won''t hear me complaining!   

Not what you wanted to hear but................

[/quote]

Who are you trying to convince Wiz. You, or us?