Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Norwich Sign Dutch Striker

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

He finishing as the top-scorer in the European Under-21 Championships!

Once again, a superb signing!

[/quote]

that dont mean jack if he is 24 whats he done since.

[/quote]

The European Under-21 Championships in question took place only 9 months ago.

[/quote]

So was he overage then as age quoted as 24 in reports.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Played for blackburns reserves, seeing as though the championships were only last summer.

Agree with an earlier poster, the people who arent happy with this loan signing are probably the same people who would be apoplectic if someone else had have signed him. Norwich is a very unattractive club to join right now, why would he choose a team fighting relegation over a team fighting for promotion such as Ipswich?

Having seen him play I think hes quality, and if he does turn out to be good then I certainly wont be saying ''I told you so'', anything can happen with foreigners in division one, and with a limited time to impress I have no idea how he will play. I just hope if he doesnt put in a good performance saturday we dont get the usual ''Send him back'', ''What a waste'', ''I told you he would be rubbish'' comments. My only focus is on survival, if he puts in one good performance to turn a draw into a win that will do for me, the least we can do is back him to do the business and help keep us in the division.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]He played in that tournament at the age of 23 due to being an eligible age at the start of the respective qualifying tournament... I think.

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

this is such a stupid comment.... the guy has started one FA cup game for blackburn, and they are a premiership club... in our league this is a good signing and this also shows roeder is not gonna stand for players not doing their jobs... (cureton, evans dont score and they wont play)...

some of you lot would not be happy if norwich signed rooney get a grip ffs!!!

[/quote]

on the other foot you lot would rejoice if we signed someone from wroxham reserves.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"] Get over the fact we cant sign a premiership striker with an impressive goal scoring record, becuase good goal scoring records lead to regular first team starts - thats the sort of the player we will NEVER sign on a loan with 5 or 6 weeks to go.[/quote]

Totally agree with that too.

A - We all know we need a striker, I dont think anyone disagrees.

B - We are never going to sign anyone near the first team of a club. Be that Premiership or division one.

A + B = The lad we have brought in today. In the circumstances I cant see who else better we could have got. And seeing as though there are ''Allegedly'' numerous clubs in for him, they all realize this as well.

I have a question; if he is 24 now, and played in the u21 tourney last year (obviously at the age of 23) how is that possible? Doesn''t that defy the whole object of the under 21''s (plus I think they have to be under 21 at the start of qualifying but it doesn''t take 2 years to qualify does it?)

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, he would''ve been 21 or under when the qualifying process for that tournament began and therefore eligible to play.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Age eligibility is based on the start of the tournament. The next tournament finals is 2009. Anyone who is 21 or under at the time of the first qualifying game is eligible for all games throughout the whole tournament, hence why you see 22 and 23 year olds playing regular under 21 football. Fair dues I didnt realize that until last summer.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you play 2 players in the team who is 24 years old as the over age player? I think so, but no sure.

Actually last years championships was an unusual one as UEFA had condensed it into a one year tournament so the finals would be in an even year (2007, 2009 etc)

I think the cut off point was from when the qualifying draw was announced, meaning our lad would have made the cut off by a matter of weeks, despite the fact Hollands first qualifier wasnt until the kid was well over 22!

But either way, someone somewhere said he was ok to play!

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

this is such a stupid comment.... the guy has started one FA cup game for blackburn, and they are a premiership club... in our league this is a good signing and this also shows roeder is not gonna stand for players not doing their jobs... (cureton, evans dont score and they wont play)...

[/quote]

on the other foot you lot would rejoice if we signed someone from wroxham reserves.

[/quote]

ok ricky... who would you have liked to have seen us sign...? beering in mind... we are near the drop zone, cant score goals and only have seven games left.... oh and the window is closed??? come on i want to hear it!!!!!!!

He cost Blackburn 400k, I wonder what the chances of us keeping him are?

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ok ricky... who would you have liked to have seen us sign...? beering in mind... we are near the drop zone, cant score goals and only have seven games left.... oh and the window is closed??? come on i want to hear it!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I would have liked to have shelled out for a decent striker in january when we should have done, not desperate measures as you say with 7 games to go. tell me we did not need one then.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would have liked to have shelled out for a decent striker in january when we should have done, not desperate measures as you say with 7 games to go. tell me we did not need one then.

[/quote]

nice to see you answered the question!!! ok so in january, who would you have purchased?!??  and back to the original question... who would you have got in to ensure our safety IF this big singing you would have made, had failed!!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]He cost Blackburn 400k, I wonder what the chances of us keeping him are?[/quote]

i would say reasonable!!! i would say we will get him for close to what they bought him for if he does ok in these 7 games!!

This is an excellent signing. Im pleased that the club have pulled off such a coup.Quick, strong, and if you go to youtube and search him you can see his goals from last year, various distances and types of finish. Looks to be able to find himself a bit of space too.Good signing, and i think he will score 3 or 4 at least.Last time he was played consistently as a striker, he scored 8 in 17. which is not a bad record in my book.

I agree we should have got one in over the winter. That move will either pay dividends (Ie, We survive, didnt pay over-inflated january prices, have an even bigger pot to splash out on a real good striker over the summer), or will be something we will look back on and regret big time (Ie, We go down)

For now im focusing on the next seven games only, Ill worry about the rest of this calamitous season when its over. These seven games could be some of the biggest in our recent history, and if we sign anyone that I think could help us in our relegation battle that can only be a good thing.

If he does the job, great. If he doesn''t, back he goes.

Hopefully its the former and we get to sign him permenantly too, however, I''m not going to start saying "what a great signing/what a crap signing" before we''ve seen him in action a few times in a yellow shirt.

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

nice to see you answered the question!!! ok so in january, who would you have purchased?!??  and back to the original question... who would you have got in to ensure our safety IF this big singing you would have made, had failed!!

[/quote]

I answered the question we should have brought in january and not be scratching about now, as by your question you are saying yourself, there aint much about this time in the season.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

What is up with some of you lot? IF we HAVE actually signed this player why o why can''t we just give him a chance before we start to rip him apart. If I was a player with a chance of joining Norwich I don''t think I would want to with the attitude of some of the ''fans''.

I am amazed at the physhic perception of some of you. Never seen the guy play but expertly already know he is rubbish! I woulnt want to be on the recieving end if I was in court and you were on the jury!

Give the guy a chance!

[/quote]

Agreed, at least it''s better than doing nothing, fingers crossed he gets the winner on Sat.

why then, did we not try and sign him in january?

Roeder said last week that "theres no strikers out there" clearly not true then was it?

jas :)

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who is Ricky to judge Rigters anyway? He didn''t even watch the U21 tournament let alone know when it was.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

If he does the job, great. If he doesn''t, back he goes.

Hopefully its the former and we get to sign him permenantly too, however, I''m not going to start saying "what a great signing/what a crap signing" before we''ve seen him in action a few times in a yellow shirt.

[/quote]

Spot on!!!! You can''t judge him untill he has played.

Listen mate, some of us work for a living and cant watch footie 24/7, summer i am on tour living out of suitcases Anyway i cant really stand international football find it boring. I aint got nout against the lad just the way the striker situation has been handled, hope he proves me wrong and score the goals to keep us up. My question was anyway, what has he done since the u21, answer not alot it seems, unless i have missed all his goals for Blackburn.

Mark Hughes did not want to release any of his squad in January,especially as Santa Cruz and Derbyshire were injured.

as long as the goals go in, i couldn''t care less if they arrive via dion''s @rse - hucks ego - jamies left, no right, no left foot - docs hoof - crofty''s - hang on crofty??? yeah even crofty..welcome on board dutch - your mission - knock ''em in,  starting saturday!!!

Good News, if he scores a few for us and helps keep us up then only binners would be whinging. Look what happened to Chris Brown after he left, a change of Club can always change your fortunes as a striker.

The time for blame and review of this season comes AFTER we have secured our place in the Championship for next season not now, dont demoralise our guys at the moment!