Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Martin Taylor death threats

Unbelievable.  Martin Taylor isn''t a dirty player and did not mean to injure Eduardo.  Looking at the TV replays, Eduardo was just a fraction too quick for Taylor and his momentum carried him through.  Nothing he could do about it.

Haven''t read the link re. the death threats.  Not gonna waste my time.  It''s all propaganda, not proper news.

Well thats that then. It''ll be his fault if Croatia don''t win Euro 2008.

They''ll probably say England paid Taylor extra money to put their main striker out of action for the WC2010 qualifier clash. In advance, and if the above does happen, I''d like to recommend that Croatia should try growing their own talent instead of relying on Brazilian Ex-Pats to fill their team.

Well, can''t say im surprised.The Arsenal Fans are unbelievable and i hope from now on they don''t achieve ANYTHING this season, i''d much prefer Manchester United or Chelsea to, and that''s saying something!So unfair on who was obviously a Good person and didn''t deserve this level of treatment whatsoever.

If it is true and i cant believe for one minute it it! Martin Taylor does not deserve it! From what i''ve seen of him he''s a gentle giant, one of the old school central defenders! From watching on MOTD Saturday night he was a bit slow and it looks like Eduardo got his foot kinda stuck in the turf!

I did read on BBC sport gossip page that tiny visited Eduardo in hospital-now that is not the action of someone who went in with intent!

Also Arsenal didnt get the hump when Ian Wright went in 2 footed on Peter Schmeical(Or however u spell his name) Or if it were Tony Adams or Keown back in the day, from memory Arsenal are one of the dirtiest teams in the world!

All the best tiny, i know you didnt mean it and my thoughts are with you...if you need to get away to help you get over it...there''s a spare place at City for you!

Hello boss.

Unfortunately, there will be a small minority, at alot of clubs, who won''t let him forget it during a game. I think that it will be, not just this season, but forever. Disgraceful yes, but probably true. I can hear the chants now, whenever he fouls a player in the opposition team.

Some months ago, someone on here slagged me off as being one of those morons who chanted bad things at Roeder during his illness at Upton Park. The guy had been told by his mate that "all West Ham fans sang it". That was not true, it was a senseless minority, I was there, unlike the writer or his mate.  That instance shows how good fans, can get ringfenced  by the actions of a senseless minority. I think that we need to be carefull of a similar situation now. No club is immune from having some idiots, who find their chants humouress. However, misleading the reader, by pretending that it was the whole stadium who were singing the abuse, will unfortunately happen.

Good luck to the boy, but I fear for him

Andy

I think that with the abuse that Taylor and his family are getting at the moment that this would be a good time for Birmingham to do the right thing , let him finish the season here on loan and then agree to sell him to us in May.

His family would be away from the press and they would be well looked after by us all.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I think that with the abuse that Taylor and his family are getting at the moment that this would be a good time for Birmingham to do the right thing , let him finish the season here on loan and then agree to sell him to us in May.

His family would be away from the press and they would be well looked after by us all.

[/quote]

Totally and 100% agree with that CA, but would the board and GR want him here now?  I certainly would give the guy a chance, but IMO he has done nothing wrong, however in the Croatians eye''s he has.  The other thing is, would he be in the right mental state to play again, having witnessed first hand that horrific injury?

Arsenal are saying that Eduardo should be back by the end of the year - hopefully that will make Taylor feel a bit better about the whole thing, and he can move on now....

I cant believe all this sentiment over Taylor great lad yea, love him to sign for us, but hey the other lad is out for a year. All the news is about how Taylor is this and that, if he had not played for city, or a city player had that injury would you be so forgiving i doubt it. Just wish the injured lad all the best, hope he is back sooner rather than later. Also hope we get Taylor in the summer, dont think for a minute he meant to hurt the lad, but with my wife just coming back from a similar horrific injury, yea the girl who injured her was sorry but she carried on earning a living while my wife got nout, i know first hand the fight back the lad has to deal with. BTW  i for one want Arsenal to win the league, anyne but Ma U.

good point, but does taylor actually want to move? everyone says he does etc... but if he did want stay so bad you thought he may kick up bit of a fuss in jan to get the move

*im not saying he doesnt want to come just saying has he said this? i may just missed him saying it

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Totally and 100% agree with that CA, but would the board and GR want him here now?  I certainly would give the guy a chance, but IMO he has done nothing wrong, however in the Croatians eye''s he has.  The other thing is, would he be in the right mental state to play again, having witnessed first hand that horrific injury?

[/quote]

I don''t see a loan happening again this season whatever happens because pearce is the loan centre back now and to be fair I thought he did ok on Saturday. Whether anything happens in the summer I guess we shall have to wait and see. 1m plus a long contract is a big risk on any player, it''s not so much of a risk on Taylor as we know what we would be getting. That is if he isn''t too badly affected by this incident.

As for the death threats and Wengers original comments (which even though he has retracted them he should have known better) it''s totally unfair on an honest professional. 

Some of us remember Roy Keanes tackle on Halland and subsequent comments and yet he is held up as some kind of hero in the football world. Does anyone remember Keane getting death threats?

Both Eduardo and Taylor have my best wishes and sympathy in equal amounts.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not thankfully on this evidence from BBC sports website.

Slaven Bilic Bilic defends Taylor''s tackle on Eduardo

OTBC

Whats  just as bad, is the bloody Sun, they showed a picture of Taylor with his ''studs'' up again on the training field, there is no context in the picture. 2nd rate journalism. A bit like every insider story they have, we all know that there is no insider and it is all made up, but they can get away with it due to not having to name people as it could get the ''insider'' in trouble. I hate all newspapers, they are all the same.

But, I still read them.....................

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I don''t see a loan happening again this season whatever happens because pearce is the loan centre back now and to be fair I thought he did ok on Saturday. Whether anything happens in the summer I guess we shall have to wait and see. 1m plus a long contract is a big risk on any player, it''s not so much of a risk on Taylor as we know what we would be getting. That is if he isn''t too badly affected by this incident.

As for the death threats and Wengers original comments (which even though he has retracted them he should have known better) it''s totally unfair on an honest professional. 

Some of us remember Roy Keanes tackle on Halland and subsequent comments and yet he is held up as some kind of hero in the football world. Does anyone remember Keane getting death threats?

[/quote]

If you dont think any manager would react the same in the heat of the moment you are deluded mate, remember reaction of chelsea  after hunts challenge on their keeper, fergie over reacting to some of Arsenals challenges recently, obviously you have never been involved as an active sportsmen, at least Wenger had the bottle to retract.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

If you dont think any manager would react the same in the heat of the moment you are deluded mate, remember reaction of chelsea  after hunts challenge on their keeper, fergie over reacting to some of Arsenals challenges recently, obviously you have never been involved as an active sportsmen, at least Wenger had the bottle to retract.

[/quote]

Except it wasn''t the heat of the moment was it Ricky.  Or does the moment last as long as it takes for him to retract it.

What I would agree with is that he showed bottle to retract it. Some people carry on however many times they are proved wrong.

I have seen people over react in the heat of the moment in all walks of life Ricky, not just active sportsmen, but tiddlwinks players and wrestlers too [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Except it wasn''t the heat of the moment was it Ricky.  Or does the moment last as long as it takes for him to retract it.

What I would agree with is that he showed bottle to retract it. Some people carry on however many times they are proved wrong.

I have seen people over react in the heat of the moment in all walks of life Ricky, not just active sportsmen, but tiddlwinks players and wrestlers too [:|]

[/quote]

All  am saying is when my wife got her horrific injury recently, i felt completely different 24 hours after he incident, emotions are high at the time at the time when you watch someone in agony.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]rubish, Wenger makes a habit of talking bollox about stuff he did and didn''t see, he never seems to notice when his player has nearly maimed an opposition player. In this case he has  over reacted and should have realised these challenges occur hundreds of times a week. I am glad he retracted his comments.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I cant believe all this sentiment over Taylor great lad yea, love him to sign for us, but hey the other lad is out for a year. All the news is about how Taylor is this and that, if he had not played for city, or a city player had that injury would you be so forgiving i doubt it. Just wish the injured lad all the best, hope he is back sooner rather than later. Also hope we get Taylor in the summer, dont think for a minute he meant to hurt the lad, but with my wife just coming back from a similar horrific injury, yea the girl who injured her was sorry but she carried on earning a living while my wife got nout, i know first hand the fight back the lad has to deal with. BTW  i for one want Arsenal to win the league, anyne but Ma U.[/quote]

I have to agree with that Ricky, if he didn''t play for us then we would have all slagged him off and go forbid if he had done it to one of our players then there would have been uproar.

I don''t agree with all the death threats etc etc etc, but we have to put this in to perpsective and like I have said put the injury into perspective. He will earn about 3 million whilst he is off, so it is not all bad.

Have to disagree with Arsenal, I want Utd to win the euro cup, if not, them to win the league, Everton to win the uefa cup and who ever to win the FA cup.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

rubish, Wenger makes a habit of talking bollox about stuff he did and didn''t see, he never seems to notice when his player has nearly maimed an opposition player. In this case he has  over reacted and should have realised these challenges occur hundreds of times a week. I am glad he retracted his comments.
[/quote]

and all the other managers are angels then, they are all as bad imo.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Whats  just as bad, is the bloody Sun, they showed a picture of Taylor with his ''studs'' up again on the training field, there is no context in the picture. 2nd rate journalism. A bit like every insider story they have, we all know that there is no insider and it is all made up, but they can get away with it due to not having to name people as it could get the ''insider'' in trouble. I hate all newspapers, they are all the same.

[/quote]

Wouldn''t insult my a*** by wiping it on that fantasy s***.

Well Said TGE!!!!!

I would NEVER buy that rag!!!!!!

It''s not happy unless it''s making someones life a misery.

Build them up to knock them down, that''s their policy!!!!

Anything thats ever been associated with that twat Piers Morgan should be ignored!!!!!

Tosser!

OTBC

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

Our British media are an absolute embarrassment at times. What the hell do people expect him to do, try to win the ball fairly by not going in for another tackle ever again?

Yes of course the tackle was badly mis-timed and clumsy, and I really wish Eduardo well and hope that he is back playing football, whether it''s at Arsenal or elsewhere ASAP, but the knives are really out for Martin Taylor now and it is totally undeserved. He''s no malicious player, committed to the cause yes, but not malicious. He''s not exactly quick, whereas Eduardo is, and he mis-timed it because of Eduardo''s quick feet. It was just an accident and Taylor has shown a lot of remorse by going to see him in hospital and trying to tell him how sorry he is, which I''m sure he feels is the least he can do.

Eduardo has been professional in dealing with what happened, he hasn''t slagged him off, I just hope that Taylor can prove to others that he can remain professional in dealing with these idiots who obviously know nothing about him as a player, and that means him trying to ignore the press and others by putting in good performances for Birmingham City.

Easier said than done I know, but I''m sure he will give it a damn good try.

I agree with Ricky (it had to happen eventually [;)]) in that we would not be showing the same level of sympathy for Martin Taylor if it were not for the fact that he played for us. I don''t think he deliberately set out to injure Eduardo but if you look at the moment of contact Taylor''s gone in studs up and his foot is half way up Eduardo''s shin. It was a dangerous tackle rather than a malicious one and one that he should be punished for. To put it into another context (albeit a rather sensationalist one [:)]) a drunk driver doesn''t deliberately set out to run somebody over when he gets into a car but we wouldn''t let him off if he did.

The media seem to have gone full circle since the incident took place. On Sunday they were obsessed by Wenger''s comments about banning Taylor for life and seemed to have a fair amount of sympathy for Taylor but by yesterday The Sun was printing that pathetic picture on it''s back page. (They probably got that picture in the same way they get pictures of celebrities looking drunk when they come out of some glitzy nightclub. They use a camera which takes hundreds of photos per minute and then choose the one which looks the worst. It was covered on Charlie Brooker''s Screenwipe on BBC4).

The Sun will no doubt be outraged by the death threats that Taylor has received yet this is the same newspaper which printed the e-mail address of Urs Meier after he disallowed Sol Campell''s goal for England in Euro 2004. Let''s just imagine that England had qualified for Euro 2008 and when Arsenal and Man Utd played later in the season William Gallas broke Wayne Rooney''s leg with a similar challenge. How do you think The Sun would have reacted to that?

Well Said TGE!!!!!

I would NEVER buy that rag!!!!!!

It''s not happy unless it''s making someones life a misery.

Build them up to knock them down, that''s their policy!!!!

Anything thats ever been associated with that Piers Morgan should be ignored!!!!!

I wish Eduardo all the best in his recovery and I broke my ankle several years ago but I am afraid that broken legs are an occupational hazard with playing football.  I know this sounds heartless but footballers know the risks every time they cross the line.  Martin Taylor is not a dirty player and there was no malice in the tackle.  Many footballers break their legs in the lower leagues and there is not this outcry. It probably isnt even reported in the newspapers.  Wenger probably retracted his comments due to the legal implications.