Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Get A Damn Grip On Yourselves!

I go out of the loop for a few days, and all hell breakes loose on here!. For sure, its from the usual hot air mob, and as usual with them, its the same old rabid claptrap.

I thought the club had folded and the administrators already moved in judging by some of the posts and replies I''ve been reading on here. For Gods sake, get a grip, lets just look at some relevant facts shall we?.

1. Not one single competitive game has kicked off yet, but the usual idiots have us relegated already.

2. When I last looked, the transfer window was still open and after that we still could get loan players in.

3. For an average, championship ability only player, who often went missing during a game, we made nigh on 1million pound profit on him, so I applaud the board for that. I hope we can loose Safri too by the way!.

4. Grant is ditching Worthy''s underperforming players. These are the same players you''ve been moaning about all last season and who''s performance was well below par. Now suddenly, they (Euthu and Co) must be kept. Sorry, but thats laughable. Grant will have Grants team, and we must support him in that.

Hucks is a different issue. He is my favourite player, however, he is NOT Norwich City FC. Yes, he''s spoken out, but Dickson was his mate, and after re-reading his words he clearly said Euthu ''on his day'' was our best midfielder, get that point, on his day!!. Many players speak like that about former team mates, its not uncommon.

But if Darren ends up going (I would be shocked and very upset!) the club will go on, and who knows, maybe to even better times. Of course, the usual ''hate everything brigade'' will ridicule me and try to use their old ''wiz changing his mind again'' tactic, but that because they won''t be able to answer or dispute my previous four relevant points.........they never can!.

I''m still backing the team, players, manager, board and yes, even Delia Smith. And if that doesn''t sit well in some quarters, then thats just too damn bad!.

Wiz in a sense I really agree with you.  No doubt that last season this squad needed a reall shake up and although its dissapointing to lose good players we are getting a shake up and like you say there is plenty of time in the transfer window, so grant could get some real quality in.

Blimey Whizz! Good turn around!

As a regular lurker on here for years, you always used to be the doommonger, now it seems with Worthy gone you''re an optimist again, to be replaced by this new Smudger ''guy'' (term used very loosely) as the new Mr Negativity.

Hope we keep Saf....on Etuhu the juries out...will be interesting to see who we get in to replace him.

No need for calling for everyone''s head. I have a good source confiming that without a release clause both E & E would have gone to other clubs over NCFC.

The argument is therefore whether the club should bring in lesser players who are gonna stay because they are not good enough to attract attention from the premiership, or do what they did and use these clauses to attract decent quality.

We aren''t an established Premiership club, but so many people now expect us to be that, after they decided to start going to games 4 years ago.

I recon we''ll have a good season this year. A top 6 finish would be great thanks.

This message board can be hard work, most of the time, having to wade through the nonsense often spoken on most threads, but, at last, a breath of fresh air.

Well said 1st Wizard.

[:)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I go out of the loop for a few days, and all hell breakes loose on here!. For sure, its from the usual hot air mob, and as usual with them, its the same old rabid claptrap.

I thought the club had folded and the administrators already moved in judging by some of the posts and replies I''ve been reading on here. For Gods sake, get a grip, lets just look at some relevant facts shall we?.

1. Not one single competitive game has kicked off yet, but the usual idiots have us relegated already.

2. When I last looked, the transfer window was still open and after that we still could get loan players in.

3. For an average, championship ability only player, who often went missing during a game, we made nigh on 1million pound profit on him, so I applaud the board for that. I hope we can loose Safri too by the way!.

4. Grant is ditching Worthy''s underperforming players. These are the same players you''ve been moaning about all last season and who''s performance was well below par. Now suddenly, they (Euthu and Co) must be kept. Sorry, but thats laughable. Grant will have Grants team, and we must support him in that.

Hucks is a different issue. He is my favourite player, however, he is NOT Norwich City FC. Yes, he''s spoken out, but Dickson was his mate, and after re-reading his words he clearly said Euthu ''on his day'' was our best midfielder, get that point, on his day!!. Many players speak like that about former team mates, its not uncommon.

But if Darren ends up going (I would be shocked and very upset!) the club will go on, and who knows, maybe to even better times. Of course, the usual ''hate everything brigade'' will ridicule me and try to use their old ''wiz changing his mind again'' tactic, but that because they won''t be able to answer or dispute my previous four relevant points.........they never can!.

I''m still backing the team, players, manager, board and yes, even Delia Smith. And if that doesn''t sit well in some quarters, then thats just too damn bad!.

[/quote]100% correct Wiz, well said Seems to be the same every pre-season , there''s no football so people go completely barmy. I just want to get a couple more players in and start the season, normal service will be resumed after that....

[/quote]

Again totally laughable WIZ...

It certainly wasn''t started by me...  I was given a call by my brother who told me of what was being said on here and that lots of people were suddenly agreeing with my views.

I have been as amazed as anybody to see the reaction on here over the last 48 hours or so!!!

But it is FULLY JUSTIFIED... this board of ours has been taking the pi$$ for far too long and what they are reeping now has been a very long time coming!!!

[quote user="Gunn Rack"]

Blimey Whizz! Good turn around!

As a regular lurker on here for years, you always used to be the doommonger, now it seems with Worthy gone you''re an optimist again, to be replaced by this new Smudger ''guy'' (term used very loosely) as the new Mr Negativity.

[/quote]

You''ve hit the nail on the head Gunny.  Smudger has stolen his thunder so "The Ego Has Landed" changes his tune . . .

Your credibility Wiz, such as it was, is shot to pieces.  I don''t know why anyone bothers to respond . . . oops

Well said Wiz Etuhu was nowhere to be seen in far too many games for my liking and I''m happy with the money we got for him still Grant seems to have a plan for next season and seems prepared to give the young lads a chance which can only be a good thing for me as we have some promising players who deserve a chance.

My sentiments are fairly similar, some good points made.  And a very good prediction of the responce.btw Wiz have you been keeping count of how many times you have "lost all your credibility"?   It must be getting to the 7,500 mark by now surely.  You seem remarkably good at finding it again.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

I sometimes wonder if Wiz and Smudger are in fact one and the same person!

Both liven the debate by posting nonsense

[/quote]

Most true.

You''re right Wiz, this place has gone completely nuts over the past week or so. The main issues I can see are this :

1) Release fees - According to some we are the only club who put these in our contracts. This despite the fact that everbody knows that much bigger clubs than us (e.g. Newcastle and Michael Owen) have similar clauses in their players contracts. This is conveniently ignored so that the issue can be used as a stick to beat the board with. Cluck used to argue that Carrow Road was now full off ''new age supporters'' who were enticed to games because of Delia and her celebrity, despite the fact it was glaringly obvious that the changing face of your average football fan was a nationwide trend. This is a similar issue in my mind.

2) Dickson Etuhu - Some of the stick that has been dealt out to this guy over the past season was unbelievable. Yet the moment he leaves. he''s transformed into the new Patrick Viera, a musclebound midfield powerhouse who will be impossible to replace. The people who are continually negative about all things NCFC are quite often the same ones who argued that the signing of ''journeymen'' like Etuhu showed up our boards lack of ambition. Watching them change their mind overnight so they can take their latest pot shot at our club has been just about the only entertaining thing on here over the past few days.

3) The ''negative'' view becoming more and more popular - In the months gone by when only a very small minority were arguing in favour of a change of board the debate always seemed to be fairly well mannered. Sure there were the odd pompous windbag, but the majority of the ''negatives'' (their words not mine) such as Smudger, Cluck, Mystic and Mello at least injected a little bit of humour into their posts. The newer wave of posters have none of this charm and as such I''ve witnessed quite a few threads getting a little nasty of late. It doesn''t bother me particularly, but I wonder if it''s putting a few people off expressing their views for fear of being targetted. For instance, 70% of people said that Hucks best position was left midfield in a poll that was set up but when I started a thread arguing against this only one poster disagreed with me! Perhaps we need Cluck to return to put an end to this ''packing''?

Provided we get a decent replacement for Etuhu then as far as I''m concerned we''re in exactly the same position as we were at this time last week when most people seemed reasonably positive. But something seems to have happened to posters in that period, whether it''s Hucks outburst or the selling of Etuhu I''m not really sure but it does seem a little over the top.

Excellent post Wiz.

Last year I took some pretty heavy abuse at a couple of games from supporters around me when I suggested that Etuhu had the makings of a good player.  Now he sounds like Maradona and Pele combined according to some posters on this board.  Personally I think £1.5 million is a great price.

I do feel sorry for Grant because of the sudden nature of the departure but ultimately he needs to build his own team in his own style. 

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

You''re right Wiz, this place has gone completely nuts over the past week or so. The main issues I can see are this :

1) Release fees - According to some we are the only club who put these in our contracts. This despite the fact that everbody knows that much bigger clubs than us (e.g. Newcastle and Michael Owen) have similar clauses in their players contracts. This is conveniently ignored so that the issue can be used as a stick to beat the board with. Cluck used to argue that Carrow Road was now full off ''new age supporters'' who were enticed to games because of Delia and her celebrity, despite the fact it was glaringly obvious that the changing face of your average football fan was a nationwide trend. This is a similar issue in my mind.

2) Dickson Etuhu - Some of the stick that has been dealt out to this guy over the past season was unbelievable. Yet the moment he leaves. he''s transformed into the new Patrick Viera, a musclebound midfield powerhouse who will be impossible to replace. The people who are continually negative about all things NCFC are quite often the same ones who argued that the signing of ''journeymen'' like Etuhu showed up our boards lack of ambition. Watching them change their mind overnight so they can take their latest pot shot at our club has been just about the only entertaining thing on here over the past few days.

3) The ''negative'' view becoming more and more popular - In the months gone by when only a very small minority were arguing in favour of a change of board the debate always seemed to be fairly well mannered. Sure there were the odd pompous windbag, but the majority of the ''negatives'' (their words not mine) such as Smudger, Cluck, Mystic and Mello at least injected a little bit of humour into their posts. The newer wave of posters have none of this charm and as such I''ve witnessed quite a few threads getting a little nasty of late. It doesn''t bother me particularly, but I wonder if it''s putting a few people off expressing their views for fear of being targetted. For instance, 70% of people said that Hucks best position was left midfield in a poll that was set up but when I started a thread arguing against this only one poster disagreed with me! Perhaps we need Cluck to return to put an end to this ''packing''?

Provided we get a decent replacement for Etuhu then as far as I''m concerned we''re in exactly the same position as we were at this time last week when most people seemed reasonably positive. But something seems to have happened to posters in that period, whether it''s Hucks outburst or the selling of Etuhu I''m not really sure but it does seem a little over the top.

[/quote]

Abso-bloody-lutely. Top post.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

You''ve hit the nail on the head Gunny.  Smudger has stolen his thunder so "The Ego Has Landed" changes his tune . . .

Your credibility Wiz, such as it was, is shot to pieces.  I don''t know why anyone bothers to respond . . . oops

[/quote]

As I predicted, a personal attack is far easier than coming up with the answers to my four points. You see posters, they can''t argue against reality and truth, they have to attack the poster who asked the awkward question.

They are painfully transparent now and desperate for City to fail. Posters like ''mystic m'' actually think I''m bothered about my credibility, jeez!

On the ball City.[:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

It certainly wasn''t started by me...  I was given a call by my brother who told me of what was being said on here and that lots of people were suddenly agreeing with my views. [/quote]

Is your brother''s name ''''Cluck'''' by any chance???? Plus why would anyone  have to call you about whats happening on here when you''re on here morning, afternoon and night??

Good post Wiz!! [:)] Did you go last night??

I''m all over the place at the moment with my thoughts, so it''s very refreshing to be reassured.Slight error mind Wiz, we didn''t get 1m profit for Etuhu... 900k we receive after pay offs of which we initially paid out 450k to capture him. Profit still, i''ve liked Etuhu from day one, he will be missed, people go on about inconsistancies but the last couple of months i thought he was superb. Hoping Brellier can take on the role :DGood thread! Let''s try and stay positive.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

It certainly wasn''t started by me...  I was given a call by my brother who told me of what was being said on here and that lots of people were suddenly agreeing with my views. [/quote]

Is your brother''s name ''''Cluck'''' by any chance???? Plus why would anyone  have to call you about whats happening on here when you''re on here morning, afternoon and night??

Good post Wiz!! [:)] Did you go last night??

[/quote]

Wrong yet again CA...

But he is another poster on here that agree''s with what I say....

He doesn''t post much on here but reads most of it.  He also has been prepared to give the board a little more of a chance than myself... but as with many others has had to admit that I have been more or les spot on regarding the summers transfer activity at Carrow Road.

Jesus... even I underestimated how poor this transfer window would be... and that is "REALLY SAYING SOMETHING"!!!

[/quote]

Wiz you lovely old boy what a super post , we all knew P.G. had to get rid of Worthys "dead wood" now he is doing it every ones up in arms , what do they  want to see two more years like the last two ? theres a wind of change blowing through the club , rejoice you fans for things are now going to get better,  we have something we have not had for some time strong leadership , i will back him , and the great club that i love for ever , no one will ever turn me [:)] arrdee.

"but as with many others has had to admit that I have been more or les spot on regarding the summers transfer activity at Carrow Road."

I would reply in words to this statement but I could only do this:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*falls of chair*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*burst guts open*

*gets up*

Ok, I have got something to say actually to that. Firstly you''ve hardly been right at all about anything. You think all our incoming signings are crap - thats your opinion but not a fact. And you think all of our out-going signings have been bad decisions - again thats your opinion not a fact. So how can your opinions of the summer transfers suddenly make you right? Infact aside from your opinions, what have you predicted would happen that has. You never said "Dickson will leave". You never said "Earnie will go for only £3.5m". What activity have you predicted right smudger?

One thing you haven''t done is waited until the transfer window had finished and seeing what happenes in the coming weeks. You''ve just moaned and moaned about everything and everybody. As soon as a set back occured its "Sack the board", "I''m right and you''re all wrong" etc. Ever figured that set backs occur all the time to every team in every sport?

Get over the ego and the "I am so right, god I love myself so much" feeling and realise that you''re no further ahead than you were before with your "plans" to overturn the fans on here and the NCFC board.

Read about Bowyer smudger? Ambitious enough for you? If we get in, so much for your ego trip above.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Wiz you lovely old boy what a super post , we all knew P.G. had to get rid of Worthys "dead wood" now he is doing it every ones up in arms , what do they  want to see two more years like the last two ? theres a wind of change blowing through the club , rejoice you fans for things are now going to get better,  we have something we have not had for some time strong leadership , i will back him , and the great club that i love for ever , no one will ever turn me [:)] arrdee.

[/quote]

Well done arrdee.

Best post to be seen for ages. A TRUE supporter.

After all the vitreol from all the people who''s only interest seems to be to bring this club to it''s knees it''s so nice to hear someone who really wants NCFC to do well.

OTBC

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

"but as with many others has had to admit that I have been more or les spot on regarding the summers transfer activity at Carrow Road."

I would reply in words to this statement but I could only do this:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*falls of chair*

*burst guts open*

*gets up*

Ok, I have got something to say actually to that. Firstly you''ve hardly been right at all about anything. You think all our incoming signings are crap - thats your opinion but not a fact. And you think all of our out-going signings have been bad decisions - again thats your opinion not a fact. So how can your opinions of the summer transfers suddenly make you right? Infact aside from your opinions, what have you predicted would happen that has. You never said "Dickson will leave". You never said "Earnie will go for only £3.5m". What activity have you predicted right smudger?

One thing you haven''t done is waited until the transfer window had finished and seeing what happenes in the coming weeks. You''ve just moaned and moaned about everything and everybody. As soon as a set back occured its "Sack the board", "I''m right and you''re all wrong" etc. Ever figured that set backs occur all the time to every team in every sport?

Get over the ego and the "I am so right, god I love myself so much" feeling and realise that you''re no further ahead than you were before with your "plans" to overturn the fans on here and the NCFC board.

Read about Bowyer smudger? Ambitious enough for you? If we get in, so much for your ego trip above.

[/quote]

How about that I said that we would definitely sell Earnie and that the board would not even spend the money we received for him let alone put some of their own money in, when most of the dumber and dumber brigade on here were stating that there was £3million or £4million in the transfer kitty plus whatever money we may of got for Earnshaw.

THAT IS HOW I HAVE BEEN RIGHT ALL ALONG.

As for the rest of your post, do not put words in my mouth and go and read my posts again... I HAVE NOT SAID ALL OF OUR SIGNINGS ARE C**P.

I have always rated Cureton and think that Marshall & Brellier will be a both be good buys... but are they better than Earnie and Etuhu (both of who I rate also)?  I seriously doubt it!!!!

I have said all along that I think Strivahka will prove to be a poor signing... "a more expensive version of Chris Brown" I believe were my actual words.

After watching Ostomebor last night... my first experience of seeing the guy (I will admit), I think that he will also not be an improvement on what we have here already... what I saw of him last night reminds me of Louis Jean!!!

You also need to take in to account the players that have gone apart from Earnie and Etuhu and I am a firm believer that Paul McVeigh if deployed in the right areas of the field could have still given the club more than some of the players Grant has brought in.

All in all I think that we have not strengthened a squad that finished 16th last year and for a club of our standing in this league that is just not on!!!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well done arrdee.

Best post to be seen for ages. A TRUE supporter.

After all the vitreol from all the people who''s only interest seems to be to bring this club to it''s knees it''s so nice to hear someone who really wants NCFC to do well.

OTBC

[/quote]

You Ardee & Co have been doing that very well off your own backs for the last 2 years... you do not need any help from anybody else!!!  [:D]

Good post Wiz and I agree with most of it except one very important error which has been continued by other posters.

Grant did not want Etuhu to leave! In fact he talked of buiding the team around him and how he had two very bad days when he heard what had happened. You therefore can''t claim that Grant is getting rid of Worthingtons dead wood and building his own team because Etuhu would have been a major part of it.

Smudger, you are wrong in saying that Norwich sold both Earnshaw and Etuhu, they didn''t! The players invoked get-out clauses to leave, which means they left of their own free will and there was nothing the club could do about it - subtle difference I think!

As for your rating them as players, good for you, I don''t and I think the team will be much more fluent without them.

However, time will tell!

[quote user="geo374"]

Smudger, you are wrong in saying that Norwich sold both Earnshaw and Etuhu, they didn''t! The players invoked get-out clauses to leave, which means they left of their own free will and there was nothing the club could do about it - subtle difference I think!

As for your rating them as players, good for you, I don''t and I think the team will be much more fluent without them.

However, time will tell!

[/quote]

And that is why you are part of the wooly flock and will be crying once again in a few months time at yet more of your hard earned cash down the drain GEO374.

oh it is such joy to see the club taking the pee out of individuals like you year after year... it nearly makes up for the awful football and your football team being stolen from you!!!  [:D]