Sign in to follow this  
Nobodys Perfect

Delia, do something. NOW!

Read this board. Read the Wrath board. Read Rick Waghorn''s board. Look at the post on here about Sutton. Posted at 8.57. Half an hour later 360 views and 13 replies. Doesn''t that say something? And that''s after moderating. Act now. You did it with Cedric. Do it for Chris.

oh c''mon daisy we all know its impossible to do anything when your head is buried in the sand

Everyone will be saying ''thank goodness'' when Sutton doesn''t score for the scum and is injured in his second game and is out for the rest of the season!

This is just a knee-jerk reaction.  Look what happened when the prodical son Robert Fleck came back for his second spell????

[quote user="3canaries"]

Everyone will be saying ''thank goodness'' when Sutton doesn''t score for the scum and is injured in his second game and is out for the rest of the season!

This is just a knee-jerk reaction.  Look what happened when the prodical son Robert Fleck came back for his second spell????

[/quote]

Jeez 3 canaries.

So Sutton is injured in his second game? So what he doesnt get paid. How anyone can try and claim that a pay per play deal would work against us is quite frankly deluded.

This whole Sutton thing will only go away when we go out and get a striker who banges the goals in, until then it will always be if''s but''s and only''s, and anti-worthy

Well if she don''t get her head out of the sand soon, she might find its too late.

I can''t remember ever being so angry so close to the start of the new season. grrrrrrrrrrrr

[quote]How anyone can try and claim that a pay per play deal would work against us is quite frankly deluded.[/quote]

Anyone who thinks he will come here without a basic wage must also be deluded.  And why upset the balance of the team we have for a known trouble-maker who thought the England B team was beneath him ?

[quote]This whole Sutton thing will only go away when ...[/quote]

People start getting realistic about the effect of fan pressure.  Moan all you like, but the people at NCFC will just get on with their job.

They can get on with their job all they like but if they continue to ignore the wishes of the fans to the degree they have been over the last two seasons then in the long run there will only be one winner of the fight!

Mark my words if Sutton is even vaguely successful for ipswich and we are not pushing for promotion then Worthington will not recover from this.

"come on Delia, you did it with Cedric"

Yep - and look where that got her.

[quote user="blahchrisblahsuttonblah"]

[quote]How anyone can try and claim that a pay per play deal would work against us is quite frankly deluded.[/quote]

Anyone who thinks he will come here without a basic wage must also be deluded.  And why upset the balance of the team we have for a known trouble-maker who thought the England B team was beneath him ?

[quote]This whole Sutton thing will only go away when ...[/quote]

People start getting realistic about the effect of fan pressure.  Moan all you like, but the people at NCFC will just get on with their job.

[/quote]

Superb Blah!

He didnt want a basic wage. i know that for a fact.

Why upset the balance of the team. Balance? No half decent right sided full back. Dwarf convention up front. No left sided cover. No left midfielder cos Hucks too busy being a one trick pony.

Who said british humour was dead hey blah!?

how you can even use the word realistic defies belief

" He didnt want a basic wage. i know that for a fact."

Where''s your proof, are you Theolster perhaps ?

[quote user="Mook"]

"come on Delia, you did it with Cedric"

Yep - and look where that got her.

[/quote]

Would someone remind me what Delia did with Cedric if it can be displayed on here?

[quote]Balance? No half decent right sided full back. Dwarf convention up front. No left sided cover. No left midfielder cos Hucks too busy being a one trick pony[/quote]

Why do you even bother supporting the team then ?  According to you we''re a laughing stock.

[quote]how you can even use the word realistic defies belief[/quote]

Nigel Worthington is still manager of Norwich City.  Chris Sutton will not be joining Norwich City.  Fan pressure does not deliver results.  Real enough for you ?

Isn''t there a lot of anger around here, and we haven''t even dropped a point yet. Remember chaps & chapesses, it''s just a game, it''s supposed to be fun, enjoy it. For those of you that can''t and would prefer to be running the club rather than sitting back and experiencing the fun of being a fan, you have my sympathy. I thank whoever that I''m one of the lucky ones, I''ve been a fan for 45 years plus and it wouldn''t be far from the truth to say that I''ve loved every minute. In 2 days time the half time whistle will have gone, the season will be under way and I''ll be experiencing the magical escapism that is football. Bring it on!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Balance? No half decent right sided full back. Dwarf convention up front. No left sided cover. No left midfielder cos Hucks too busy being a one trick pony[/quote]

Why do you even bother supporting the team then ?  According to you we''re a laughing stock.

[quote]how you can even use the word realistic defies belief[/quote]

Nigel Worthington is still manager of Norwich City.  Chris Sutton will not be joining Norwich City.  Fan pressure does not deliver results.  Real enough for you ?

[/quote]

well that just about puts the cocked hat on it blah.

in the middle of a reasonable debate, the KTF bandwagon grinds to a halt with no facts to argue, waves the white flag and reverts back to the " why support the team" nonsense.

u said the words laughing stock, not me.

are u trying to tell me that we do have a half decent right back playing on saturday? that there is indeed cover for drury - who missed the northampton game due to injury - that my eyes have been deceiving me and hucks has regularly given drury cover in front of him and that worthington is wrong with his search for a target man?

that is the reality. fan pressure does work - worthy of a new thread - it''s just that the fans of this club refuse at the moment to jeopardise the financial future of the club by not renewing season tickets and so on. Had they have done I''m sure things would be different, but people love their club more than that as things stand.

i support my team becasue i love them - and to continue to do so. when things are not rosy it is a much more difficult proposition than being content with the way things are spiralling downwards.

i understand that some look at things half full and some half empty, i understand that people see the game differently, but come on blah i never said that nigel worthington was not the manager, or that Chris would be joining.

I read some of these posts by Worthy supporters and it makes me wonder how many have some kind of connection to the club they are not divulging.

If I was a fly on the wall at Argent it would be interesting to trace the IP addresses to see.....

(a) If anyone is posting under multiple accounts to bolster their support

(b) If anyone is posting connected with the club without divulging their conflict of interest.

He didnt want a basic wage. i know that for a fact.

Rossi

======================================================================

You`ve been asked  if you have proof of this !    so prove it !! 

Surely when Fleck came back it gave the club and fans a big boost???

Are you saying that the atmosphere would be the same if Mr Sutton was warming up, or better waiting to kick off?  I think his arrival, at a minimal outlay to the club, would bring a huge morale boost for the fans.

On the flipside of what you say,  what if he goes to Ipswich and scors a bucketful, including a winner against us???  Imagine Sutton up against Shackell, he would eat the boy alive!  Experience counts for a lot.

And why does everyone assume he is a poor bet, but Thorne, who is older and injury prone, is an asset???

I dont believe Sutton would be a knee jerk reaction, he would bring a huge boost to the fans, and may just change the atmosphere, and score a few.

[quote user="3canaries"]

[/quote]

Whens it going to dawn on some people  that , without Delia and Michael    ,we would probably be struggling  in league one  by now !     talk about biting the hand that feeds you ......  

It seems that she is  in a  complete no win situation   with these people , if she DOESN`T   take part in the football  side , she`s got her head buried in the sand ,     if she DOES  take a part   .... she`s interfering   in something she knows nothing about !    for Crisake make up your  mind !!!!  

Its the BOARD who make the decisions  .....  accept it . 

In an attempt to bring this back on line, sometimes I think the club doesn''t quite realise the need for fan pleasing gestures which may mean a lot to us but which are low risk for the club.

I have been away for a bit so I haven''t managed to get totally up to date, but it seems to me that CS may be available on a pay or play basis. Now if that is true it exposes the club to virtually zero financial exposure. If he plays and is a success then presumably they would be happy to pay the money, if not then he doesn''t need to play any more.

However consider the boost that it would give to us in these rather dark days before the most uninspiring kick off for years. Imagine the reception if he ran out against Preston or Luton, wouldn''t we all feel just a little bit better about things? CS is a genuinely talented player and although he may be getting on a bit those heady European days would be recalled and that remarkable challenge for the title head to head against Man Utd.

What is happening more often now is that NW and the club get stuck in dogma. If the fans want something then they automatically resile against it because they don''t want to be seen to be bowing to fan pressure, NW in particular. It means that positions become more and more entrenched. That is a slow route to turmoil, declining attendances and a slide into obscurity from which is it ever more difficult to return.

IF it is true that CS can be had for pay as you play then it would seem to me to be a no-brainer. They call it "low hanging fruit" in business circles so I believe- the Board should grab it and at least make a low risk attempt at bringing some cheer into the drear and mirk that envelops Carrow Road these days.

" but it seems to me that CS may be available on a pay or play basis. Now if that is true it exposes the club to virtually zero financial exposure "

Nope. One of the fantasies touted on here by those with n axe to grind with the club. The ''pay as you play'' thing involves a contract and a weekly wage. So money spent on that is money not spent on another player.

None of those over exiting themselves about this ludicrous idea have been able to prove whether Sutton could then walk out whenever it suited ie when someone offers more. That having happened whilst we were paying him the retainer.

The club doesn''t have to conduct itself in a ridiculous fashion to appease a few malcontents, 20,000 or so season tickets prove that. The overwhelmimg majority seem to think the club is getting it right. There''s the A140 for those that don''t.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]"  So money spent on that is money not spent on another player.  [/quote]

which player would that be then ralph...the one were going to be giving the money to instead

Howard...no

Hulse...no

Horsefield...no

insert plan Z here

anyway we could always free up some cash by letting Thorne go on a free somewhere...no of course I forgot he''s better than Sutton in your world.

ralph wrong, sorry i mean ralph wright, are you a member of the board? the directors would call you toe-nails cos you are that far up their a**e the only thing left showing would be your toe-nails. your statement regarding the majority think the club are getting it right is nonesense, as i''m sure the majority of posters will agree with. i have a season ticket and i dont think the management are doing things right. i love football thats why i watch city home and away but i also hope the board and management get it right in the not to distant future.

With hands covering ears...

"Aiyaiyaiyaiayaiyaiayaiay Ralph isn''t listening.... Aiyaiyaiayaiayaiayaiayaiayai All is well..... Aiyayaaiayaiayaiayaiayaiay The only reason Worthington ever loses a match is because of the few insignificant minority on the Pink Un message board who get pissed off and make so much noise for so few people at home matches.... Aiyaiyaiayaiyaiayaiayaiay"

What''s the name of that big river in Egypt?

De-Nile.

Sorry Ralph, but to state that "The overwhelming majority seem to think the club is getting it right" is truly fantasy.

Every season ticket holder I know of - and they all renewed for this season - are unhappy with the club and want Worthington out. They are loyal to the club - but not necessarily the personel. The season ticket renewal figure does not reflect a vote of confidence in all things yellow and green - far from it.

Unless i see proof of Sutton not wanting a basic wage i wont believe that.

And its the end of his career. he''s 33.

and it would be a waste of money in my oppinion.

Glad we didn''t sign him.

[quote]In a reasonable debate...[/quote]

You stopped being reasonable when you called our forwards a dwarf convention, and huckerby a one-trick pony. 

[quote]are u trying to tell me that we do have a half decent right back playing on saturday? that there is indeed cover for drury [/quote]

Both are more important issues than not giving an England B team prima-donna a final hurrah on our money.  So let''s stop getting angry about that, and concentrate on more important stuff eh ?

Ho Hum.

So.

Anyway.

So what do you think the team should be for Leeds ?

Gallagher

Drury

Shackell

Doherty

Colin

Huckerby

Safri

Etuhu

Croft

McKenzie

Earnshaw

I am not advocating we sign Sutton, just not sure how NW can square his comments regarding CS when he was after Horsefield who presumably would not play for free which means he hoovers up money that could be spent on a younger player......

Ralph

If, as you say, a "pay as you play" arrangement involves a weekly contract (which I am not sure about as that would be called a "Weekly Contract") then that still strikes me as less of an exposure than actually signing the bloke or putting him on a long term deal.

I admire your absolute faith in the Board, but my points were not made to start off the whole "unless you agree with everything go and support the binners" rubbish. I am not sure that helps much. What I am saying is that a mantra that states that everything the fans say is wrong is not conducive to fostering a healthy club and that sometimes a Board needs to realise that throwing some crumbs in a low risk way might be worth doing.

As SoB states, it is a bit odd targetting Horsfield when Sutton is available and would probably create more of a feel good factor than the bloke who deprived us in 2002 in Cardiff.