Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Is Attanasio getting the cheque book out?

I didn't think the club had much money. With all these players leaving, what funds do we have to replace them?

4 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I didn't think the club had much money. With all these players leaving, what funds do we have to replace them?

The players leaving will free up wages.

New players - younger/less talented - will replace them, on lower wages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You would think given his latest increase in shareholding that he will be putting some capital in for players purchases, as I think he believes our infrastructure is world class, whether you believe that or not, the former would be helpful.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

I go back to Wagner’s exiting January quotes that didn’t come to fruition. Quite possible we have more cash to spend than anticipated ?

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Does anyone have a cheque book these days?

Indeed, tis tucked within my trusty Filofax

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

My gran does.

• Thanks 1

On a side note it has been quoted through the usual sources online we should be in for an exciting summer. I am translating that as 11 exciting South American talent coming to Carrow Road to join our first team. What we'll probably end up with is 11 players over the age of 35 to add some experience into our mentally weak team.

9 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Lol no. I've barely used cash for the past decade.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sara, Rowe and Sargent being sold will give us a couple quid..

I’m guessing 2 of them will. PSR will see to that . Obviously dependent on satisfactory offers coming in. 

13 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Still very commonplace in the US.

Money leveraged from Attanasio's other businesses he is still considering as "self funding". 

With all those defenders leaving the need for the mythical defensive midfielder is needed more than ever. Unless....a defence is actually built?

Nah get that DM.

Posted (edited)

It is not whether you have money to spend, it is how much you can spend and stay within the FFP limit. In the championship, clubs can lose £39m over a three year rolling period.

The club reported a £21m loss the season before last. The accounts for the season just ended will not be out until later this year. We know that the parachute payment will be about £10m lower than the season before but transfer fees last summer raised around £20m, so suggests a loss of perhaps £10m this season.  Which means a maximum allowable loss of around £8m next season.

The big financial elephant in the room is the loss of the parachute payment, worth around £40m this season.  That is the gap that needs to be filled by releasing players - a few million? - player sales, and other cost cutting, to remain compliant with FFP.

It does not matter how much Delia and Attanasio put into the club, FFP rules govern how much can be spent.

Edited by Up and Away
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

On a side note it has been quoted through the usual sources online we should be in for an exciting summer. I am translating that as 11 exciting South American talent coming to Carrow Road to join our first team. What we'll probably end up with is 11 players over the age of 35 to add some experience into our mentally weak team.

We certainly look set for an exciting summer. Let’s hope that Knapper and Attanasio and all the data they have harvested means good recruitment.

2 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

We certainly look set for an exciting summer. Let’s hope that Knapper and Attanasio and all the data they have harvested means good recruitment.

Knappers been locked in his bedroom now for 6 months playing Champ Man. There should be no excuses for finding raw talent and dragging them to Norfolk.

Mark A only a millionaire nearly a billionaire, but if shrewd will put something in the kitty. but won't be over extending.  Probably not until owner on his own, hopefully sooner rather than later.  Needs to spend any investment wisely, something we have not been so good at.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Mark A only a millionaire nearly a billionaire, but if shrewd will put something in the kitty. but won't be over extending.  Probably not until owner on his own, hopefully sooner rather than later.  Needs to spend any investment wisely, something we have not been so good at.

Any investment in players presumably through the Norfolk Holdings investment group. This is made of more individuals than just Mark Attanasio.

1 hour ago, pete said:

I'm hoping that the one positive from not being promoted is that the value of the club is not what it would have been worth as a PL club, maybe a good time to make the deadly duo an offer for the rest, we can but wish....

6 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

I was at this fair/convention thing last year, at a book stall. I went to pay by card and the stall holder shot daggers at me... afer a pause he begrungingly got out one of those old carbon copy things! I almost died of shock, not seen one of those since the 1990's!! 

• Haha 1

I know. Let's just all make up a story as we have no idea but take a chance spreading our own make believe misery. Doomed! Relegated! Attanasio is a fraud! Delia will never die!

We're buying up Old Catton Youth for our starting 11!

Etc

15 hours ago, Up and Away said:

It is not whether you have money to spend, it is how much you can spend and stay within the FFP limit. In the championship, clubs can lose £39m over a three year rolling period.

The club reported a £21m loss the season before last. The accounts for the season just ended will not be out until later this year. We know that the parachute payment will be about £10m lower than the season before but transfer fees last summer raised around £20m, so suggests a loss of perhaps £10m this season.  Which means a maximum allowable loss of around £8m next season.

The big financial elephant in the room is the loss of the parachute payment, worth around £40m this season.  That is the gap that needs to be filled by releasing players - a few million? - player sales, and other cost cutting, to remain compliant with FFP.

It does not matter how much Delia and Attanasio put into the club, FFP rules govern how much can be spent.

And this is why FFP is a joke. Its only purpose is to prevent another Man City by stopping sides who wish to spend money from spending it. 

I can’t think of another area of business where the owners of said business aren’t allowed to invest their own money into it. It’s a complete farce. If you try and spend money they dock you points like Everton or Forest and if you don’t spend money they criticise you in the media to high heaven like they usually do us. 

8 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I wouldnt expect any money from Attanasio. Think our recruitment will be very much like last season - freebies

Exciting stuff, what’s not to like. Forget youth, let’s have more mature free signings who only want £30k a week. 

17 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

You would think given his latest increase in shareholding that he will be putting some capital in for players purchases, as I think he believes our infrastructure is world class, whether you believe that or not, the former would be helpful.

Nonsense. Carrow Road is certainly not world class infrastructure. The next World Cup final venue in New Jersey is.

15 hours ago, Up and Away said:

Delia has never put any money into the club and left it there. Loans have been repaid. Her initial investment went to Watling.

• Like 1

i do not think you will see much from MA until he has complete ownership 

i think you might find if allowed by FFP another loan of around 20 million ,

as i do believe his payment for Delia and MWJ shares are staged loans ? 

instead of giving them the money he is injecting it into the club on their behalf instead of them profiting ,