Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Sun reporting Wagner is being sacked today...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27971968/david-wagner-sacked-norwich-championship-play-off-leeds/

Arsenal assistant incoming 

Glad to see we're moving quickly and decisively.

He deserves some credit for turning it around this season but he's not a manager I want involved long term.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Glad to see we're moving quickly and decisively.

He deserves some credit for turning it around this season but he's not a manager I want involved long term.

Indeed. 

"Thanks for your hard work David, you did a decent job in the circumstances, but we're going in a different direction".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

Is Charlie Wyatt reputable?

He's a Norwich fan. His stories have not always been accurate but more often than not are.

The fact the pink un are reporting it too makes me inclined to believe. 

What we definitely don't want to happen is Cuesta to be anointed simply because the young boy 'knows him' from Arsenal. Others should be approached with subjectivity and interviewed. If (at the end of that process) Cuesta is objectively deemed to the most suitable then fine.  

If we are changing Manager /Head coach we need it done and dusted ASAP 

so we can plan for next season ,

i Know knapper will know about recruitment but also need a Manager / Head coach to have a input as well 

I still say this was always the plan if we failed or even if it we did go up!

Personally I did post about Cuesta & Wilshire to come in last November, before official links as my Gunner season ticket holder with connections mentioned him coming then.

As with anyone no guarantees but a fresh start from top to bottom might inject a United front. 
Wagner is a decent guy has done a decent job but time to move on from Webber.

6 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

What we definitely don't want to happen is Cuesta to be anointed simply because the young boy 'knows him' from Arsenal.

If he knows someone already, has a good relation with them, matches his foundational thoughts and can do a job it's arguably much better to do that than take a risk on someone you don't know, surely?

This will signal the end of the Webber era and put us firmly into Knapper territory.  I'm most curious as to what his ideas and particularly onfield prefered style of play looks like.

If it's the Arsenal way, then that can be achieved with a good coach and bringing through youngsters.

Imagine Norwich playing like Aresenal have this season? What's not to like?

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Personally I did post about Cuesta & Wilshire to come in last November, before official links as my Gunner season ticket holder with connections mentioned him coming then.

As with anyone no guarantees but a fresh start from top to bottom might inject a United front. 

If Knapper pulled this off then i would be very impressed 

Just now, Indy said:

I’ve long wondered where these Cuesta links came from, but everyone suddenly seemed to be talking about it..

I’m not totally sure an untried assistant is the way to go - it has worked some places and not at others - but a good quick reset isn’t a bad idea, get everyone and everything behind it for the new season.

• Like 1

It's on BBC main football page too as well now. Has this actually happened 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Is Charlie Wyatt reputable?

Charlie was at Leeds last night as a fan, so suffered with the rest of us. Don’t think this was just wishful thinking though 😹

Edited by Year of the tiger
Addition

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Norfolk saying it's happened and they're expecting a statement.  So 100% yes.

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

The bbc story is by Nick Mash!ter, the guy who used to be quite early with stories in Webber’s time.

Inevitable I guess and I think he knew it was coming
I am curious to know why he dropped Sainz last night and what he really thought of SVH,other than that I guess its a case of  starting a new era.

27 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’ve long wondered where these Cuesta links came from, but everyone suddenly seemed to be talking about it..

I’m not totally sure an untried assistant is the way to go - it has worked some places and not at others - but a good quick reset isn’t a bad idea, get everyone and everything behind it for the new season.

I think we're going to specifically be looking for a manager who has a track record working with young players. Wagner and Norwich never felt like a good fit long term because he was a risk averse, highly conservative manager who seemed to focus almost exclusively on the short term. 

We lost Matos in part because he didn't see a path to first team football with us and there are similar rumours with Aboh. If we want young players to believe they've got a long term future here you have to have a coach who will take a risk on them at times and not someone who'd rather play a half fit Ashley Barnes or name a 3rd goalkeeper than give a young player 15 minutes off the bench. 

• Like 2

You have to have a coach who will take a risk on them at times and not someone who'd rather play a half fit Ashley Barnes or name a 3rd goalkeeper than give a young player 15 minutes off the bench. 

This !!!

Mixed feelings. 

Wagner was good guy, and he showed, at times, that he was a good coach too.

He was unlucky with injuries,  but as others have said, his tactics simply didn't work at times. 

Never pays to get attached to a coach/manager, so onwards and upwards, and I look forward to next season. 

I think we're going to specifically be looking for a manager who has a track record working with young players. Wagner and Norwich never felt like a good fit long term because he was a risk averse, highly conservative manager who seemed to focus almost exclusively on the short term. 

We lost Matos in part because he didn't see a path to first team football with us and there are similar rumours with Aboh. If we want young players to believe they've got a long term future here you have to have a coach who will take a risk on them at times and not someone who'd rather play a half fit Ashley Barnes or name a 3rd goalkeeper than give a young player 15 minutes off the bench. 

As I’ve said on one of the other many Wagner Sacked threads, if he knew he didn’t have a future beyond the end of the season, why would he do anything other than focus on the short-term? Of course, it’s debatable if he knew, but it’s often not hard to read the mood, even if you haven’t been told anything officially.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

As I’ve said on one of the other many Wagner Sacked threads, if he knew he didn’t have a future beyond the end of the season, why would he do anything other than focus on the short-term? Of course, it’s debatable if he knew, but it’s often not hard to read the mood, even if you haven’t been told anything officially.

Chicken and egg really- did he focus on the short term because he didn't have a long term future or did he not have a long term future because he focused on the short term?

Looking at him elsewhere though I don't think he's ever shown much of a track record for developing young players. He also clearly was very behind the desire to add 'experience' this summer, when he could have still had a longer term future.