cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup playoff thread; Canaries V Whites*

47 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

The big day is here. Need to get some sort of result (stating the bloody obvious) and not go to Elland Rd on the back foot.

Given our home form and away form this season..

Will need a 5-0 win in this round to make up for what will probably be a 4-0 loss to them away!

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Umm it was 1-0 at their place in the league ?

yes and 2:3 at Carrow Road.

Tactically speaking I believe that there is more depth in Farke's thinking than Wagner's, although Wagner might edge it on improvisation (going by various comments from supporters of Leeds.) even though his game-changing and use of subs have often been ineffective.

Wagner managed to outwit McKenna, so there is some hope.

We need to be all out from the start and for our weapons to be accurate in their shot making and our crosses to be precise.

Match winner Sara/Sargent/Saintz?

For some reason I feel that our squad may be more up for it than that of Leeds with an increased unity and resolve up against bigger egos.

Nevertheless, a two goal advantage at the very least for the return is vital.

• Like 1

What's all this "first round" mullarky Cambridge? Its the first leg of a semi final. 

I'm not going to mention insufficient number of stars in the title though. 

😉 

Lads, do the tickets go onto our season tickets? I can’t remember how it works & can’t see it on my emails!? 

1 minute ago, JamieNorfolk said:

Lads, do the tickets go onto our season tickets? I can’t remember how it works & can’t see it on my emails!? 

Ours were (apparently) loaded on to our season tickets once we purchased them online.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What's all this "first round" mullarky Cambridge? Its the first leg of a semi final. 

I'm not going to mention insufficient number of stars in the title though. 

😉

I like to be different 😉(or special as I was often called at school.. Made me ride in a different bus to everyone else too!)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JamieNorfolk said:

Yes, providing you did not click 'print at home'. My email confirms (well suggests) it has been uploaded to my ST. I'll have the email just in case!

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

MFW-040123c.jpg

DW takes the sun well doesn't he! Quite envious.

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I like to be different 😉(or special as I was often called at school.. Made me ride in a different bus to everyone else too!)

Different is OK, enjoy that. 

Special too, thats acceptable. 

Factually incorrect though......hmm.

And seriously don't miss us too much when the closed season arrives, although I'm sure you'll still find things to start threads about. 

CC is for life, not just the football season! 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

OTBC. Hoping for a two goal win (but more would be nice) and Duffy nowhere near the pitch. 

Edited by S_81

1 hour ago, JamieNorfolk said:

Should have had an e mail confirming purchase, check junk too. If not you will havego  to the ticket office

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Should have had an e mail confirming purchase, check junk too. If not you will havego  to the ticket office

Yeah it was in junk mate - says uploaded to ST so all good! 

I don't expect flowing football from us. I expect Wagner will play his conservative, play the percentages, odd goal victory style as usual, with the aim to grind a draw out at Elland Road. "Keep it tight boys."

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

OTBC. Hoping for a two goal win (but more would be nice) and Duffy nowhere near the pitch. 

I hope Duffy scores a hat trick and celebrates by downing a pint in front of the Snake Pit 

• Like 3

We need an effort today and a little bit of a miracle, not a full miracle just a little one.

We can do this though. It isn’t 4/1. We are seasoned at playoffs. Leeds have a choke in them, we are due a win over Farke.

We can do this.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

We need an effort today and a little bit of a miracle, not a full miracle just a little one.

We can do this though. It isn’t 4/1. We are seasoned at playoffs. Leeds have a choke in them, we are due a win over Farke.

We can do this.

Head says it’s probably 2/3 in Leeds favours vs 1/3 in ours over two legs. I’ve seen us win against worse odds though 

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

Head says it’s probably 2/3 in Leeds favours vs 1/3 in ours over two legs. I’ve seen us win against worse odds though 

We aren’t our strongest, but it’s Leeds, they can choke like no other 

Facebook showing some good images. A large crowd of Norwich fans outside Carra's main entrance, singing loud with yellow and smoke flares awaiting the team coaches, and a Dirty fan in a mankini in Dereham. Gonna be a fun day!