1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

How do we now handle Birmingham?

Do we think we're safe enough goal diff wise to rest a few players i.e Sargent?

Do we go all out to get that 5th place and face Southampton and not (still probably) Leeds??

We try and win, end of. 7 goal swing is highly unlikely, but don’t underestimate Birmingham with a full house behind them. We’ve capitulated at Plymouth… and look what happened to Leeds at QPR. Proper bizarre league this year. Form table is upside down. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Do we go all out to get that 5th place and face Southampton and not (still probably) Leeds??

Squandering that big a goal difference against a relegation struggler would be an achievement.

Personally, I'd like to see him start van Hooijdonk and see how it goes. Wagner would be doing himself a favour by seeing whether he can be any use in the playoffs. If it's not working out, sub him off.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We're a bit fortunate to be guaranteed play-offs after two very ordinary home performances.

Just wish we had more than one fit striker and Wagner didn't hate SVH.

Nothing to do with fortune, you end up in the table where you deserve to be.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Squandering that big a goal difference against a relegation struggler would be an achievement.

Personally, I'd like to see him start van Hooijdonk and see how it goes. Wagner would be doing himself a favour by seeing whether he can be any use in the playoffs. If it's not working out, sub him off.

Makes no difference if we finish 5 or 6th really. I'd be looking to rest Sarge next week, probably Sainz too and give SVH and Rowe some minutes. The latter looked way off the pace today and needs pitch time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Absolutely the last one. Best way of not making a mess of that game is to go out to win it. And definitely we want Southampton rather than Leeds over two legs. Personally I'd like to avoid Ipswich too, but banter aside, they are still in the box seat for automatic, so I think we have to assume it's going to be Leeds in third.

We will know more on that score after Coventry play Ipswich on Tuesday...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Leeds probably thought the same against QPR!

Yeh they probably did, and with that geriatric defence we have at CB pairings we might just concede four but I am confident in Sara, Sargent and Sainz we will score three!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Makes no difference if we finish 5 or 6th really. I'd be looking to rest Sarge next week, probably Sainz too and give SVH and Rowe some minutes. The latter looked way off the pace today and needs pitch time.

It makes a difference if you consider Leeds harder to overcome over two legs than Southampton?

I personally think we'd have a better chance against leeds in a one off final than over two legs, whilst I think the reverse is true of Southampton...

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

It makes a difference if you consider Leeds harder to overcome over two legs than Southampton?

I personally think we'd have a better chance against leeds in a one off final than over two legs, whilst I think the reserve is true of Southampton...

Yes, agree with that absolutely.

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Ok...i'll modify it to Brum 2-0 Norwich ...Plymouth 0-6 Hull !!!

We might lose and concede but we will score! My money is on the usual draw at Brum 1-1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It'll certainly be a dramatic finish. We play Birmingham at the same time Hull play Plymouth. If we go a goal down to Birmingham then Plymouth will have to go for it against Hull.

Big stakes for both sides in both matches!

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I personally think we'd have a better chance against leeds in a one off final than over two legs, whilst I think the reserve is true of Southampton...

Not sure I agree. Leeds still a young team and never far away from falling apart.

We have a wonderful opportunity now regardless.

Anyway the only way we can get Leeds is if we deliberately lose next week.

I hope we start to practice penalties!

19 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Ok...i'll modify it to Brum 2-0 Norwich ...Plymouth 0-6 Hull !!!

That seems completely realistic.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not sure I agree. Leeds still a young team and never far away from falling apart.

We have a wonderful opportunity now regardless.

Anyway the only way we can get Leeds is if we deliberately lose next week.

I hope we start to practice penalties!

Well if our management share your view that theyd rather play Leeds than Southampton, I'm sure it wouldnt take much to engineer that outcome....vs a team who must win to avoid relegation...

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It'll certainly be a dramatic finish. We play Birmingham at the same time Hull play Plymouth. If we go a goal down to Birmingham then Plymouth will have to go for it against Hull.

Big stakes for both sides in both matches!

Also, it may not matter by then in a bin sense, but Ipswich are home to Huddersfield who are 3 points from safety with a slightly negative GD. They won't be playing for nothing- would have to hope for Hull & Norwich wins and an unlikely 3 points at Poorman Rd.

Posted (edited)

The result will keep us honest at Brum.

Like a win but a draw is fine.

Should be able to play with some freedom unstressed.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

What the hell am I thinking??!

SEND THEM DOWN !!!!

04428.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Also, it may not matter by then in a bin sense, but Ipswich are home to Huddersfield who are 3 points from safety with a slightly negative GD. They won't be playing for nothing- would have to hope for Hull & Norwich wins and an unlikely 3 points at Poorman Rd.

Huddersfield aren’t playing for anything other than pride at Portaloo Road. They’d require a +16 swing to catch Plymouth (and also need Brum not to beat us). I think we can safely say that’s not happening.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

What the hell am I thinking??!

SEND THEM DOWN !!!!

04428.jpg

Darren Carter.. did he actually do anything else in his career?

I agree, after brum fans gave it the big un on the M4 traveling home, we still owe them. 

Should be a cracker and a real test these players can stand up to a bit of pressure before the play offs.

9 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We will know more on that score after Coventry play Ipswich on Tuesday...

Explain please, Coventry can’t catch us

9 hours ago, Ian said:

That seems completely realistic.

Not based on anything that's happened so far this season.

One thing that this match highlighted for me is that if things aren't going their way, Ipswich are very good at committing those tactical cynical fouls.  They've got some stunning play but they've also got some really ugly play.

Posted (edited)

Most of us seemed to have watched this encounter with varying views and hopes for the outcome. The rivalry will always be in most of our bloodstreams, so an ITFC win would have left a bad taste.

The perfect result therefore.

There's some intense slagging of the City team on TWTD at the moment, ranging from us being cloggers and a dirty team to us reliant upon just one or two players along with a lot of other total nonsense.

I haven't watched them much this season, but base upon yesterday, let's have a bit of fun ripping their team apart similarly.

That 'keeper of theirs seems a mistake waiting to happen, and his distribution is lousy.

That Tuanzebe is a classless and clumsy, foul-ridden lump.

'Leaf' Davis is over-rated and I'd prefer Jack Stacey.

Both Burns and Chaplin (sorry Chappers) seem as thick as pig-****e and spent most of the game wide-eyed and open-mouthed as it all passed them by except for the occasional contribution.

Hirst is limited and just a young man's Kieffer Moore. No wonder Leicester got rid.

Morsey is an aged  clogger in his hey-day, which will not extend to the Premier League.

Luongo is just aged.

Their best player was a loanee from Chelsea and I can't recall much of the others.

If we are a one or two player team, then the Binners are a one manager team, and he'll soon be lured away. It can only explain their current league position based upon yesterday's game.

Nicely reduced to their level of bias and deduction, so fun over.

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, Grando said:

Huddersfield aren’t playing for anything other than pride. They’d require a +16 swing to catch Plymouth (and also need Brum not to beat us). I think we can safely say that’s not happening.

Be funny if it did though.

remember the Fulham 6-0 on a last day of a season in 2005 when we needed an away win to stay up,

so sadly we won't be planning on playing our academy players to rest our strongest ones for the play offs

3 hours ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

remember the Fulham 6-0 on a last day of a season in 2005 when we needed an away win to stay up,

so sadly we won't be planning on playing our academy players to rest our strongest ones for the play offs

Quite right. Can you imagine if Wagner did rest some or all of our best players and Hull made up the gap? No-one would remember beating 1p5wich then, he’d go down in history as the NCFC manager who blew the playoffs on the last day.

3 hours ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

Didn't even need a win, a draw would have done it.