2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Leeds and Southampton both going into the play-offs with caretaker coaches?

Hard to argue that Farke and Martin haven't failed if they finish below Ipswich.

To be fair, I think they will keep him now through the playoffs, but whether they then go up through the playoffs or not, suspect he will be sacked then. Leeds fans have wanted him out for a while on the basis that if you can defend against them, you win.

How on earth could you not get that squad in the top 2.

2 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Take Farke back 😂. I know he did well for you guys and you put him on a pedestal but is he really all that? His subs generally are far too late, the football isn't all that especially when you look at your rivals who pass the ball around so quickly and create space.

Most of you probably predicted that Leeds fans would turn on him but this is seen as a fail when he has these players at his disposal.

When it came to the business end of the season it has just gone so wrong for him and that is down to the system and these stupidity late subs at 75-80mins when subs should be coming on sooner.

Any play for team that plays us will relish the chance.

Who needs premier league anyway 😂.

Wagner is doing just fine for you.

He's a great manager and I'd have him back in a heartbeat. However, a legitimate criticism of him is that he makes subs too late.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ipswich haven't won since we beat them, which seems like ages ago now, so nothing's certain.

Leeds won 1 in last 5 (now).

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Leeds have choked in a massive way that I never saw coming. Even Ipswich can't mess this up from here. What a terrible evening.

The most 'promotion by default in history'

....lets make sure we go up by the better route , at Wembley !

6 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

How about Chair as a replacement for Johnny??

Given that he might well be in jail next season I'm not sure it's the best shout

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Leeds have choked in a massive way that I never saw coming. Even Ipswich can't mess this up from here. What a terrible evening.

Oh please. Get a grip. 

4 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Take Farke back 😂. I know he did well for you guys and you put him on a pedestal but is he really all that? His subs generally are far too late, the football isn't all that especially when you look at your rivals who pass the ball around so quickly and create space.

Most of you probably predicted that Leeds fans would turn on him but this is seen as a fail when he has these players at his disposal.

When it came to the business end of the season it has just gone so wrong for him and that is down to the system and these stupidity late subs at 75-80mins when subs should be coming on sooner.

Any play for team that plays us will relish the chance.

Who needs premier league anyway 😂.

Wagner is doing just fine for you.

We will leave it for Lakey to answer you.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

To be fair, I think they will keep him now through the playoffs, but whether they then go up through the playoffs or not, suspect he will be sacked then. Leeds fans have wanted him out for a while on the basis that if you can defend against them, you win.

How on earth could you not get that squad in the top 2.

I wasn't being entirely serious, except the last sentence. I love DF and always will: but hard to argue he hasn't failed this season. A great shame, for both reasons.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ipswich need 5pts from 3 games.

Three points more than they've got from their last three games.

Best regards

Robert N. Lim

NCFC Straw-Clutching dept.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1p5wich are getting promoted then, I think they’ll comfortably get 5 points from 3 games. We just need to make sure we follow them up 

• Like 1

Farke overperformed with us....particularly in the first championship winning season, with a team made up of freebees, and German second division journeymen

But to not finish jn the top 2 with the likes of Summerville ,Rutter and Gnonto in attack ,together with Ampadu ,Rodon, Roberts, Gray efc etc is a massive underachievment

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Given that he might well be in jail next season I'm not sure it's the best shout

Oh dear. Didn't know that.

So chances are we could well meet Leeds in semis - they won't play that poorly against us

Fantastic opportunity against a crushed Leeds team in the play-offs and then probably WBA or Southampton.

Thank God we strengthened the squad in January. Oh wait...

Unfortunately the scum are going up. They’ve been handed it on a plate and won’t mess it up from here.

The good news is that Leeds and Southampton are both eminently beatable and also huge bottlers. If we face either or both of them there is no excuse for sitting off and letting them play. Get in their faces, win the ball back and they are both iffy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

The only consolation I can muster is at least the stress of a week of a two legged playoff against them is averted....or worse still an unbearable final at Wembley

15 yrs remains intact

• Like 4

Anymore shock results to come ?

Hull will be well up for it Saturday.

We need to look after our own business first.

Not surprising to me, Farke's record as a manager is very ordinary without the Buendia-Pukki combination when considering the context of what clubs he's managed and their expectations. 

I don't care who we face in the play offs, I think we'd beat anyone on our day if we have a fully fit squad to choose from and we're in the right frame of mind. If we don't get promoted it's on us. We were unlucky not to beat Leeds both times we faced them this season due to injuries or poor defending and I'm confident that we could cut out those defensive lapses in really big games when it really matters based on watching us v Ipswich and Southampton. If we face them in a big game in the play offs I'm confident our players will be up for the game and won't give away easy chances like we did the last 2 times we faced them. They're a typical slow, ponderous Farke side and with some good defensive organisation and a cutting edge on the counter attack we'll cause them problems if we face them in the play offs. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Unfortunately the scum are going up. They’ve been handed it on a plate and won’t mess it up from here.

The good news is that Leeds and Southampton are both eminently beatable and also huge bottlers. If we face either or both of them there is no excuse for sitting off and letting them play. Get in their faces, win the ball back and they are both iffy. 

Wagner won’t do that over two legs. If we get a lead at home he’ll try defend it away second leg. 

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Lets hope Hull are well up for it because WBA have lost and not us!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Lets hope Hull are well up for it because WBA have lost and not us!

Let’s hope for a draw 

7 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Not surprising to me, Farke's record as a manager is very ordinary without the Buendia-Pukki combination when considering the context of what clubs he's managed and their expectations. 

I don't care who we face in the play offs, I think we'd beat anyone on our day if we have a fully fit squad to choose from and we're in the right frame of mind. If we don't get promoted it's on us. We were unlucky not to beat Leeds both times we faced them this season due to injuries or poor defending and I'm confident that we could cut out those defensive lapses in really big games when it really matters based on watching us v Ipswich and Southampton. If we face them in a big game in the play offs I'm confident our players will be up for the game and won't give away easy chances like we did the last 2 times we faced them. They're a typical slow, ponderous Farke side and with some good defensive organisation and a cutting edge on the counter attack we'll cause them problems if we face them in the play offs. 

I think we'd have a better chance vs Leeds in a one off final (where they might freeze like tonight) as opposed to a two legged semi final...  I think the reverse would be true of Southampton

11 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Only if either us or WBA lose. If we both win we'll be 6 pts ahead and far superior goal difference. Hull might not have anything to play for.

The TV schedulling has really helped the Binners.

16 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Wagner won’t do that over two legs. If we get a lead at home he’ll try defend it away second leg. 

That is the concern 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Strawberry sunrise surprise

You make it sound pleasant. It’s really not.

44 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He's a great manager and I'd have him back in a heartbeat. However, a legitimate criticism of him is that he makes subs too late.

Compared to Wagner who refuses to make a sub!