Midlands Yellow

Clubs That Punch Below Their Weight

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

34 consecutive seasons in the top flight then…

And the FA cup! I think that’s a tad harsh, as they’ve been through a lot.

For me it has to be Spurs! Can’t remember their last trophy win considering the money they’ve thrown at it! New ground and plastic fans who think they’re massive!

Edited by Indy

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Indy said:

And the FA cup! I think that’s a tad harsh, as they’ve been through a lot.

For me it has to be Spurs! Can’t remember their last trophy win considering the money they’ve thrown at it! New ground and plastic fans who think they’re massive!

It's precisely BECAUSE they've been through a lot. 

Just imagine the meltdown on here if our owners had done that!

Absolute basket case.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

It's precisely BECAUSE they've been through a lot. 

Just imagine the meltdown on here if our owners had done that...

Absolute basket case.

In that case I agree.

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Thank God for that; the thread might get deleted otherwise.

Only if you keep changing peoples posts! 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Only if you keep changing peoples posts! 

What? No more insults? You were pretty keen to take things to the gutter weren't you? After all the sanctimony you've given in the past.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

What? No more insults?

What insults you’ve made yourself clear to what you are! The main reason that thread was pulled! I reported the fact you need to take peoples posts and change them to suite your mindset! If you act normal and just respond as you should it would still be there! 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Indy said:

What insults you’ve made yourself clear to what you are! The main reason that thread was pulled! I reported the fact you need to take peoples posts and change them to suite your mindset! If you act normal and just respond as you should it would still be there! 

After you'd descended to throwing insults. and continuing again and again. If my mocking you after your insults  was why it was  pulled rather than you banding about the 'hyposcrite' and the like while you equate 6,000,000 Jews executed in concentration camps to 30,000 killed in a war situation, while at the same time somehow suspending that 'logic' to consider 30,000 worse than 1,200 Jews on October 7th then that's a disgrace.

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

After you'd descended to throwing insults. and continuing again and again. If my post was why it was pulled rather than you banding about the 'hyposcrite' and the like while you equate 6,000,000 Jews in concentration camps to 30,000 killed in a war situation, while also somehow also considering 30,000 worse than 12,000 Jews on October 7th then that's a disgrace.

Yeh yeh here you go again, you justified the mass killing of the Palestinians! And you call me a hypocrite for pulling you up! Now go away you I really don’t want to be associated with such vile person!

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yeh yeh here you go again, you justified the mass killing of the Palestinians! And you call me a hypocrite for pulling you up! Now go away you I really don’t want to be associated with such vile person!

No. You go away,. You stop answering you vile little hypocritical Jew-hating bigot. How dare you call me a hypocrite after YOU completely dismissed all of the Jews who had to flee in the Middle East and the 6,000,000 killed in the holocaust.

Gillingham. The only professional league club in the whole of Kent. No local competition but never seem to do anything and have languished in the lower leagues for what seems like forever.

up until very recently Brighton. Similar to Gillingham with a large population in the surrounding area. Until Crawley moved up through the leagues they were the only professional club in East and West Sussex.

3 professional clubs in a very large chunk of South East England is a poor show in itself with very little silverware on show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Ooops.

Should have read to the end of the thread.

So is it Israel or Palestine that’s underachieving…

Well Israel is definitely overachieving. Havent seen many Palestinian sides in the Champions League

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Oval Canary said:

Gillingham. The only professional league club in the whole of Kent. No local competition but never seem to do anything and have languished in the lower leagues for what seems like forever.

up until very recently Brighton. Similar to Gillingham with a large population in the surrounding area. Until Crawley moved up through the leagues they were the only professional club in East and West Sussex.

3 professional clubs in a very large chunk of South East England is a poor show in itself with very little silverware on show.

Yes. Gillingham and its catchment, which can probably stretch to the "sleepy" Medway Towns, deserve better in terms of having a professional team to follow.

I've been there a few times to watch City when we were in the same league (believe) and particularly remember Robert's individual (and dribbled) goal, which was quite unique for him. I think the Gills ended up signing him on the basis of that.

The area as a whole seemed pretty grim. Dockland deterioration, Chatham docks was  long ago fundamental to the local economy which was built upon it in many ways, and has impacted Medway and perhaps Gillingham for decades.

The locals around my area seem more content to follow one big boy or the other, West ' Am, Man. Uuuuu, and travel  into London is easy. I suspect this is the case with the Gillingham/Medway area football supporters.

Essex is similar, with just Southend now. In football, London apart, there is a real North/South divide. I suppose that this is stating the obvious but in many ways it surely highlights that NCFC is quite unique in being a club that has frequented the top league so often

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1

Maidstone. They could have made so much more of being the team that beat the next Champions of Europe.

• Haha 1

Birmingham City. For a club bearing the name of the country’s second city to be perennial bottom half finishers in the championship for over a decade feels like underachievement.

• Like 2

Good answers on here. It's been an interesting aspect of the PL that London clubs are increasingly exhibiting a Death Star-like pull on all the talent. Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea, Fulham, Brentford, Crystal Palace: over a third of the league is based in London. Add that to the potential of billionaires to make essentially village teams like Brighton or Bournemouth PL clubs, and it's little wonder that there are some big cities like Bristol and Bradford unrepresented at the top.

In that light, NCFC's achievement in continually swimming against that tide should probably be given more respect...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Indeed...contribute b ugger all to the premier league season in,season out ,lingering like a stench

High time a relegation caught up with them

Same as Sunderland, survived by a finger nail season after season and finally fell through the trap door. And the next trap door as well the next season.

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Good answers on here. It's been an interesting aspect of the PL that London clubs are increasingly exhibiting a Death Star-like pull on all the talent. Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea, Fulham, Brentford, Crystal Palace: over a third of the league is based in London. Add that to the potential of billionaires to make essentially village teams like Brighton or Bournemouth PL clubs, and it's little wonder that there are some big cities like Bristol and Bradford unrepresented at the top.

In that light, NCFC's achievement in continually swimming against that tide should probably be given more respect...

Indeed. I think essentially what we have is clubs which live in the real world (like ourselves) and those that flout the rules or spend way beyond their means.

For me the biggest under achiever is one of the biggest clubs in world football, Manchester Utd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

For me the biggest under achiever is one of the biggest clubs in world football, Manchester Utd.

Yeah, when you think about it for a second you realise that Man U are incredibly tinpot.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Northluck C said:

Birmingham City. For a club bearing the name of the country’s second city to be perennial bottom half finishers in the championship for over a decade feels like underachievement.

Been overshadowed by Villa for far too long is also a part of the issue. Villa have all the money, support and resouces in the city. And I mean let's be honest here if you were born in Birmingham and had the choice either support Birmingham or Villa which club do you think most will pick?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Doirty Leedz.....They've been punchin' haphazardly and on the ropes for quite a while now.....

Durn't loike 'em but durn't 'ate 'em....I think Leicester are heading that way again.... 

28 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Doirty Leedz.....They've been punchin' haphazardly and on the ropes for quite a while now.....

Not sure if you were joking with this one or not, but I also thought Leeds. 

It's the third largest city in England, easily the biggest to have only one professional football club, yet they've never really shown it bar a good spell in the 60s and 70s. They've spent most of the last two decades outside the top flight. 

They really should be one of the biggest sides in the country, and with their fanbase, they could easily fill a 60,000 capacity stadium most weeks in the top flight.

Birmingham City and the Bristol clubs. Huge city clubs that have never done nowt.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Or Eurovision. 

Even Australia is in Eurovision.

Maybe Adelaide United could qualify for the Champions League if they were any good.

Israel is in Asia and should play in Asia.

2 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

Birmingham City and the Bristol clubs. Huge city clubs that have never done nowt.

Double negative to boot

I suppose it fits nicely with all the rest of the negatively you constantly post very well.