KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Preston v Norwich****

Sarge starts rowe on bench it seems 

Hope sarge does not worsen that injury he is carrying big call 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Not really. It's a necessary call. Without Sargent we are nothing, so we need to play him whenever possible and despite the risk. 

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No Fassnacht....another injury??

Just now, ron obvious said:

No Fassnacht? Squad getting thinner by the day. Very worrying.

Perfect time for Rowe to return really..

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

Not really. It's a necessary call. Without Sargent we are nothing, so we need to play him whenever possible and despite the risk. 

i know we have not got play offs in bag yet but sarge might have another 5-6 games where he is needed,

i think because he missed training through he could of been benched 

i do agree we need him though without him upfront we look a totally different side 

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

what injury?  the one Wagner used as his reason for not keeping sarge on the field Tuesday

I think many people suspect he was thinking we are 2-0 up got another game lets give him a rest but that it backfired spectacularly and then he used the same injury excuse hes used before instead of simply saying  "i wanted to protect him but it didnt work out and i hold my hands up" 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sargent starting and Rowe on the bench?

I'm starting to feel just a little more confident now..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, City Stand Ultra said:

what injury?  the one Wagner used as his reason for not keeping sarge on the field Tuesday

I think many people suspect he was thinking we are 2-0 up got another game lets give him a rest but that it backfired spectacularly and then he used the same injury excuse hes used before instead of simply saying  "i wanted to protect him but it didnt work out and i hold my hands up" 

Sarge has not fully recovered from his injury which kept him out i would say 

2 minutes ago, City Stand Ultra said:

Could be. Or maybe he was out for months with an ankle injury, not had full training for weeks and is so crucial to the team that we are trying to nurse him through these vital games?

Jeez…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i know we have not got play offs in bag yet but sarge might have another 5-6 games where he is needed,

i think because he missed training through he could of been benched 

i do agree we need him though without him upfront we look a totally different side 

If Sargent doesn't play in these upcoming games, and we don't pick up points, then any remaining games become largely irrelevant. 

• Like 1

When Wagner didn’t play Sargent, or subbed him off, posters complained. Now he’s picking Sarge to start, posters complain. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Great to see that Lima is on bench together with the other young uns

Seems to be more necessity than design though

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

When Wagner didn’t play Sargent, or subbed him off, posters complained. Now he’s picking Sarge to start, posters complain. 🤷‍♂️

Not complaining wagner and medical team know far more than i do ,

just saying i think i would have benched him after a tough week and this injury that seems to keep flaring up 

25 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Well it’s the big games we need to risk him for, and today is just that so 💯 right call for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

just saying i think i would have benched him after a tough week and this injury that seems to keep flaring up 

Bench him and the stats tell us we lose. You have to risk him.

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Bench him and the stats tell us we lose. You have to risk him.

Yup. And of course the truth is none of us know how big the risk is anyway.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Great to see that Lima is on bench together with the other young uns

Why? They never get a chance so they?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

you are missing the point.  Everybody wants him to play.

Twice, he has been so injured (according to Wagner) that he needed to come off early in the game.  The decision appeared tactical/game management/player protection in both cases and when it blew up in his face Wagner stated that Sargent couldnt continue in both cases yet both following Saturdays he started which seems a little fortuitous.

Its the glass half full / half empty scenario.  If you think Wagner is great then its a situation he couldnt control and hes lucky Sargent has been fit, if you think Wagner's game management is terrible you believe he has screwed up numerous games with poor subs and decisions and Tuesday was just another example.

My own view - it blew up in his face on Tuesday and he used the Sarge inury to claim his hand was forced

Edited by City Stand Ultra
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No Fassnacht....another injury??

29 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

No Fassnacht? Squad getting thinner by the day. Very worrying.

I'm not 100% sure because I wasn't paying full attention, but I think they said on Radio Norfolk that his wife is about to give birth. They said it about someone, I think it was Fassnacht.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I think we're now in the final sprint to get in the playoffs. People are criticising Wagner for not playing Hooijdonk, Hooijdonk's an unknown and we're at the business end of the season. Even if Wagner was tempted to risk it, if he did try it  and it goes wrong, he'll be crucified given he has been roundly criticised for less.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

Not watching today as out with the lads.

Seems we are bare bones now. Would take a point but not hopeful.

Feel we will have to gamble either on either Sargent or Rowe scoring or SVH showing something.

Posted (edited)

Would it be a hot take to say I would have prefered for us to still have Hwang as i think he's a better striker than HoojiDonk?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think we're now in the final sprint to get in the playoffs. People are criticising Wagner for not playing Hooijdonk, Hooijdonk's an unknown and we're at the business end of the season. Even if Wagner was tempted to risk it, if he did try it  and it goes wrong, he'll be crucified given he has been roundly criticised for less.

Not sure how much more 'wrong' it could've gone in that last 10 mins at Sheff Weds.

With Barnes up on his own nothing was sticking up front.

Are we saying Van Hooijdonk isnt even good enough to play 10 mins vs a side who were 2nd from bottom?

• Like 1