Sign in to follow this  

I have zero evidence here- so just a hunch; but I wonder if DW was cross at Idah’s loan and has refused to play SvH as a bit of a sulky point to be made in protest? 

Why else hasn’t he featured when we are crying out for a striker sub??! 

I can't believe that's the case for a moment. In terms of his own stock and his next job etc I don't think he'd not play what he believes is his strongest side and make the subs he believes are best for the team and the match in question. 

I think SvH hasn't featured because for whatever reason he is completely unsuitable for the way we play.

And let's not make this a Webber v Knapper argument either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I have zero evidence here- so just a hunch; but I wonder if DW was cross at Idah’s loan and has refused to play SvH as a bit of a sulky point to be made in protest? 

Do you read anyone else’s posts??? This must have been suggested 50 times now.

DW would've given more indications if he wasn't happy with Idah's loan.  But he said himself that he supported it, when Idah requested to go out on loan, primarily as he only wants players committed to the cause.

SvH not featured because he lacks mobility, is my best guess.

It took Sargent a season plus to settle, it might just be VH hasn’t settled into the area and system, might only now be hitting that form and fitness needed. If he’s now getting there might just be a good thing! Let’s see on Saturday.

Well he's said in today's presser SVH has impressed in training, so it's even more mind boggling why he's not given him more minutes.

But then DW says the performances are all great, when we all think otherwise, so who knows.

With Sarg looking doubtful for Preston, if he doesn't get on it will be ridiculous  

10 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I said that the times this season when we fielded two goal keepers on the bench might have been a not so subtle mention to the powers that be.

But now with four games left there is no point in being petty we need three more wins.

More likely big SvH has failed to get upto the demanded fitness and game readiness in training to support a start or barely a fleeting cameo at the closing stages of the game

Everyone agrees we are worse when Sargent doesn’t play, isn’t fit etc.

Wagner has to decide if our next best option is to play SVH or to go to a plan B and play a different system. From what I’ve seen neither option fills me with optimism. 

16 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I suspect that rather than any sulking, SVH has been seen plenty and is deemed to be, well, a little bit sh1t. Hope I’m wrong and he scores a Wembley hat-trick or something but at this point I think there’s more chance of Sydney Youngblood making an impact for us than SVH. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Indy said:

It took Sargent a season plus to settle

DId it? I think the Premier League was just above his (and our entire team's) level and as soon as he was in the Championship he looked good. Had he not been shafted out onto the wing in half of the games he'd have been a 20+ goal striker last season.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

DId it? I think the Premier League was just above his (and our entire team's) level and as soon as he was in the Championship he looked good. Had he not been shafted out onto the wing in half of the games he'd have been a 20+ goal striker last season.

I said that exact thing on a different thread, but my point stands regarding being written off after the first season by a good number. 

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I suspect that rather than any sulking, SVH has been seen plenty and is deemed to be, well, a little bit sh1t. Hope I’m wrong and he scores a Wembley hat-trick or something but at this point I think there’s more chance of Sydney Youngblood making an impact for us than SVH. 

If only he could.

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Yes, I'm not sure why people keep trying to find some big conspiracy when, if anyone watched his 110 minutes for us so far, they'd have seen an unfit, awkward, clumsy and slow player who when he did get 15 minutes touched the ball 3 times or something ridiculous.

A theory...

....aliens live among us.

The only way I can explain some of the out of this world opinions spread on this lunatic's asylum. 

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes, I'm not sure why people keep trying to find some big conspiracy when, if anyone watched his 110 minutes for us so far, they'd have seen an unfit, awkward, clumsy and slow player who when he did get 15 minutes touched the ball 3 times or something ridiculous.

Confidence shot from his spell in Italy? He scored plenty in the Dutch league which is superior to the SPL where Idah is playing. 

On 11/04/2024 at 18:56, Dean Coneys boots said:

Nah, I don’t think any manager would refuse to play a player he believed could be a match winner (disciplinary issues notwithstanding). I think it’s much more likely he just thinks he’s not good enough 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

I said that the times this season when we fielded two goal keepers on the bench might have been a not so subtle mention to the powers that be.

But now with four games left there is no point in being petty we need three more wins.

Loads of teams name two keepers on the bench now, Emery does it for about 80 percent of Villa fixtures, Poch does it as well.

You simply get to name more subs now, 9, so what is the big issue with this? You still have 7 outfield players, and can bring on a max 5 of them? 

Wagner bought into it because he was probably given assurance that SVH was more than an able replacement for Idah. He isn’t and Wagner is clearly p1ssed about it.

It looks as though the recruitment team have totally messed up though and based their opinion of him on his goal scoring in Holland rather than his relative failure at a higher level in Italy.

I can't believe it's pure fitness either. He's been here 3 months, he should be able to play for 20 mins. If it's down to athleticism and mobility, he must be pretty appalling in training if aged Barnes gets more pitch time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Confidence shot from his spell in Italy? He scored plenty in the Dutch league which is superior to the SPL where Idah is playing. 

Possibly, but also the Dutch League is just so different. Bit more quality than the SPL overall but equally less physical and you get more time on the ball.