Sign in to follow this  

That is so bad it looks corrupt. Hard to believe that the ref and Lino can’t see that . 

Eltringham . . 

Apparently Stroud had a nightmare last night too in the Stoke game . 

That is a truly shocking decision - where is the linesman who is supposed to be in line with play saying to the ref it was outside the box - seems to me that linesmen these days don't do nothing although did not really need one for that decision 

Mistakes happen, refs are human. But that’s two mistakes by two officials at the same time.

no one needs VAR its ruined football for every thing it gets right it nitpicks at minor things to overturn goals that really should stand

or they choose not to use it when they should

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

That is so bad it looks corrupt. Hard to believe that the ref and Lino can’t see that . 

Eltringham . . 

Apparently Stroud had a nightmare last night too in the Stoke game . 

Yes the keeper had the ball and slipped and they scored but ruled out as a foul on the keeper. Shocking decision 

I'd prefer to see a few rare glaring errors like this than VAR being so invasive and active in affecting the rules of the game to suit it.

I read that it hit the player on the face when it happened, at least it was his hand based on this replay.  Shocking positioning to think it was in the box though.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bomber said:

That is a truly shocking decision - where is the linesman who is supposed to be in line with play saying to the ref it was outside the box - seems to me that linesmen these days don't do nothing although did not really need one for that decision 

Linesmen were given the fancy name "assistant referees" a while ago - but they hardly ever seem to correct anything. I think there is a casual agreement between refs and their assistants that they don't say anything to a ref unless he/she asks them.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

I'd prefer to see a few rare glaring errors like this than VAR being so invasive and active in affecting the rules of the game to suit it.

I read that it hit the player on the face when it happened, at least it was his hand based on this replay.  Shocking positioning to think it was in the box though.

Looks very much like the head to me in the replay... But I am on a phone screen...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Agree entirely. Referee errors, like player errors, are part of the game. Trying to legislate them out of existence is pointless. 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

It is the head, not the hand.

24 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Marginal? What the headball or area it happened in?

I think you have to cut the referee a bit of slack. No protest from the 14 Rotherham fans at the match. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Marginal, but probably the correct decision.

I assume you are joking…it hit his head and was a good way out of the box..2 mistakes from 2 people 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Agree entirely. Referee errors, like player errors, are part of the game. Trying to legislate them out of existence is pointless. 

Having said that, that is one of the worst refereeing errors I've ever seen. Inexplicable.

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

It is the head, not the hand.

It's really not, and please don't force me into making a GIF.... Just take my word for it. 🙂