Sign in to follow this  
daz

Rowe update.

Is he ruled out then? Apparently the blue lot reckon he's confirmed out 😏 at least have him. On the bench to make them think he's gunna score the winner haha

1 minute ago, daz said:

Is he ruled out then? Apparently the blue lot reckon he's confirmed out 😏 at least have him. On the bench to make them think he's gunna score the winner haha

Watching Onel's training ground videos, looks like Rowe is making good progress, I fear it's not enough for this weekend though.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Watching Onel's training ground videos, looks like Rowe is making good progress, I fear it's not enough for this weekend though.

I was doing the same last night to see if Rowe was appearing, and as you say seems to be progressing well but maybe too earlier for a bench place on Saturday 

Posted (edited)

Wagner ruled him out in the presser after Leicester (6:08):

Or, was that a little wink from his left eye? 😉

Edited by Google Bot
  • Sad 1

The latest post from him on Insta is inconclusive, but could suggest he's just been to the smoke for another scan or whatever.

image.thumb.png.818081d22e54d8b7f85569764192ea4c.png

15 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The latest post from him on Insta is inconclusive, but could suggest he's just been to the smoke for another scan or whatever.

image.thumb.png.818081d22e54d8b7f85569764192ea4c.png

Looks like he went by helicopter! 

21 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Looks like he went by helicopter! 

With a modern professional footballer, quite possibly.

• Like 1

Wagner clearly rules him out in the above press conference, a shame, but rather have him back properly for the play-offs (if we make it) then risk him doing further damage for the sake of one game.

7 minutes ago, Bovril said:

then risk him doing further damage for the sake of one game.

...that could cause us damage. 🙂

We shall see but we're going to struggle to fill the bench assuming Sorensen out.

Long, Fisher, Batth, Montoia, Aboh, SVH, Gibbs, Fassnacht, ???

Presumably Welch or Lima

The play-off semi final is May 12th. JR is going to have to be risked at some point soon, as only 5 games left after the bins have gone.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We shall see but we're going to struggle to fill the bench assuming Sorensen out.

Long, Fisher, Batth, Montoia, Aboh, SVH, Gibbs, Fassnacht, ???

Presumably Welch or Lima

The play-off semi final is May 12th. JR is going to have to be risked at some point soon, as only 5 games left after the bins have gone.

I would seriously question the point of naming SVH in the Squad, we really have wasted wages on him/Batth.

39 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I would seriously question the point of naming SVH in the Squad, we really have wasted wages on him/Batth.

Batth at least is a proven central defender and should do a reasonable job if called upon in a pinch at the basic stuff. Sydney… well, he’s yet to demonstrate why he was chosen. But then Josh was roundly condemned in his first season, maybe history will repeat itself. 🙏

5 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

Would Rowe and Borja play together?

Perhaps, if they were given some Lego

Don’t worry, With us losing 1:0 at 75 minutes, Liam Gibbs will come on and score a hat trick seeing us win 3:1.

I dreamt it last night

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Don’t worry, With us losing 1:0 at 75 minutes, Liam Gibbs will come on and score a hat trick seeing us win 3:1.

I dreamt it last night

Be interesting to see him up against his former club. Will the binners boo him ?

He's quite an aggressive young thing for one of his stature, so every thought that a 'misjudged' tackle might excite the poor things, as they don't seem to have a current hate figure

Hopefully Barnes will do enough to remedy that 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

Be interesting to see him up against his former club. Will the binners boo him ?

He's quite an aggressive young thing for one of his stature, so every thought that a 'misjudged' tackle might excite the poor things, as they don't seem to have a current hate figure

I know, although my post was tongue in cheek, can you imagine the atmosphere if he came on and scored a last minute winner / equaliser.

7 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Batth at least is a proven central defender and should do a reasonable job if called upon in a pinch at the basic stuff. Sydney… well, he’s yet to demonstrate why he was chosen. But then Josh was roundly condemned in his first season, maybe history will repeat itself. 🙏

What are you on about? Josh was roundly condemned, because he was absolute sh t and a complete waste of money for a Prem assault. 

16 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

What are you on about? Josh was roundly condemned, because he was absolute sh t and a complete waste of money for a Prem assault. 

Proven Premier League strikers tend to cost about £50 million don't they?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Proven Premier League strikers tend to cost about £50 million don't they?

Do you think Sarg was a sensible signing in context of a Prem assault?

Edited by Kingston Yellow

12 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Do you think Sarg was a sensible signing in context of a Prem assault?

I think it was.  How and where we played him was a big part of the issue.  To displace Pukki and lead with Sarge would've been a very brave decision, but we had to make sure we had a successor who had a wider pallette at his disposal, and that's what we got, and could only have got him as we were prem league.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Josh was condemned but turned out to be decent when played in the right place and given some time to settle in. Hopefully something similar might be true for Sydney.

I would have hoped that’s fairly clearly what I was on about.

SvH is only here because, if we don't go up, Sarg is probably off in the summer

14 hours ago, RobJames said:

Barnes should really try and wind up Morsy.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

On his way to Thorns 😊

Screenshot_20240404_100923_Facebook.thumb.jpg.ec3eea4f0e7542d95ee9499b0a8615b2.jpg

A few nuts and bolts from there and a place on the bench tomorrow? 

• Like 1