33 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

That’s right. I’m not impressed by them, their football, their spirit or the ****ty hovel that is their town.

No idea why you’re assuming things to try and support your forelock-tugging view of the scum; we were a better side than them under Lambert and they can only wistfully dream of having players like Buendia and Pukki.

Blimey that double chip on that back of yours must be seriously painful!

If we play our game and Kenny as CB i think we have a chance ,

we can not play as bad as yesterday so hopefully got that out of our system ,

Wagner has to go back to the tactics pushing teams back and attacking 

Its a derby so we have to be high intensity throughout the 90 minutes, none of this negative mindset that seems to set in so easily at times. 

Stand off them like we have done against some other top six clubs this season and there will be only one outcome.  100% focus and positivity is what it needs. Anything less and we'll lose. 

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nick’s confident. 

The guys an absolute nutcase.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

If McKenna has his head screwed on he won't announce anything about the fitness of Moore, in which case we won't know until the teams are announced. That means Duffy has to start really with Gibbo. You can't play McLean there as Moore will just put himself up against McLean.

I hate watching Duffy and Gibbo playing out from the back. 

Gibbo has improved a bit this season but his Indecision when on the ball encourages opposition to press him. He just hangs into the ball far too long and he then goes back to Gunn. Defending is his strength,  finding a pass forward, isn't. 

17 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

1-4 to them far too good for us great season for them , can’t see anything but an Win for them unfortunately 

As you’re an Ipswich fan why pretend Norwich will score a goal ?

You lot on here are so b*oody obvious……

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nick’s confident. 

That siren wailing away in the background must be the men in white coats realising Nick has escaped again and they need to find a secure unit for the poor man.

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

The guys an absolute nutcase.

Fits in well with the other loons at Poorman Road then ..........

Posted (edited)

I predict there will be a Booooooooooooo or two on Saturday

Edited by baldy09

10 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Blimey that double chip on that back of yours must be seriously painful!

2 sacks of spuds? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

2 sacks of spuds? 

You can’t even carry yourself out of a pub on matchday let alone a sack of anything. Where did you disappear to by the way, I missed you. 😘

16 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Its a derby so we have to be high intensity throughout the 90 minutes, none of this negative mindset that seems to set in so easily at times. 

Stand off them like we have done against some other top six clubs this season and there will be only one outcome.  100% focus and positivity is what it needs. Anything less and we'll lose. 

Leicester and Leeds aside, I thought it was the bottom teams we have struggled against

I genuinely can't call this game, you are strong and home and we have not been great away from home recently so I think that makes it a very even contest regardless of league position. I'm not just saying this to gain favour but if you really bring your A-game to the table you could possibly edge it, but you will need to kill us off when on top because as you have seen this Ipswich team never gives up and are supremely fit.

It will be intriguing to see how this one plays out tactically as well. We are not the best possesion team in the way Leicester and Southampton are so no need for you guys to sit deep, I would expect you to take the game to us but on the other hand if you push too many forward we can be pretty good on the counter. My heart says 1-3 but my head says another 2-2.

Posted (edited)

A draw for us would not be a disaster as it takes us 5pts ahead of Coventry aka 2 wins. They play Leeds next.

We have to be much better than we were at Leicester and that in itself shouldn't be difficult. I don't see any change to our usual approach at home, but we know we will gift them chances.

I have concern over our fitness levels with Duffy likely to play and looks way off, Sargent still managing his non matchday efforts, Nunez not looking that sharp either since his injury/effort with Chile.

Gnats **** tight this one. Just wish we had more players to call upon.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You can’t even carry yourself out of a pub on matchday let alone a sack of anything. Where did you disappear to by the way, I missed you. 😘

That’s the Lion & Castle for you. You have a Bookmaking past if I remember? As Ipswich are that bad how would you price the match up? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

On 01/04/2024 at 21:05, Capt. Pants said:

If McKenna has his head screwed on he won't announce anything about the fitness of Moore, in which case we won't know until the teams are announced. That means Duffy has to start really with Gibbo. You can't play McLean there as Moore will just put himself up against McLean.

I hate watching Duffy and Gibbo playing out from the back. 

i would still play Kenny , if Moore played i would then say Duffy man mark Moore , Kenny drop little deeper for flick ons and second balls bit of a sweeper in a CB two , if they played one up top that is 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 20:12, Midlands Yellow said:

1.3, they want it more than us and over the season are clearly better. 

On 01/04/2024 at 20:16, S_81 said:

If we play Kenny at the back and take the game to them then I think it’s a win or draw. If we sit off them like the first 45 at their place, or today, I think they’ll have the game won by the time we make a change to try and respond. 

On 01/04/2024 at 20:19, Helsinki canary said:

If we can scrape a 0-0 or 1-1 it will be a reasonable outcome and set them back a bit as long as Leeds and Leicester continue winning - sadly I cannot see 3 points for us this time

On 01/04/2024 at 20:22, Virtual reality said:

We have the quality to beat them but we will have to match their heart and desire and this team is seriously lacking in those qualities 

On 01/04/2024 at 20:26, Capt. Pants said:

The way the Binners are playing at the moment I can't see anything otherthan an Ipswich win, with a red card for Sainz.

On 01/04/2024 at 20:28, Grando said:

They’ll probably nick it in injury time.

On 01/04/2024 at 20:51, Crafty Canary said:

We have to admit that the Scum have been superb this season.

On 01/04/2024 at 23:51, Cityfc2 said:

4 nil to Ip**** I fear,and probably go on to win the league, unfortunately they would deserve it 

On 02/04/2024 at 00:13, Yellowhammer said:

1-4 to them far too good for us great season for them , can’t see anything but an Win for them unfortunately 

On 02/04/2024 at 08:19, Bomber said:

Good point - cannot see us getting anything from this one unfortunately

On 02/04/2024 at 08:21, HazzaJet said:

Will always take a draw. Unfortunately I think our 15 year unbeaten derby run will come to an end though.

On 02/04/2024 at 09:56, yellowrider120 said:

So you're not at all impressed by a team that has 87 (!) points and STILL have 6 games to play, 23 points ahead of us and have lost just 5 matches all season (v our 14). I watched them last night on TV and they were outplayed for long periods by a team playing a far superior brand of football yet they still managed to win 4-3. That's not luck I'm afraid. It's down to a great spirit that runs throughout the club and the town. We had it here under the Messiah and then Farke. I assume you were 'not impressed' by us then either?

Jesus. Even allowing for a couple of binner trolls, this thread is embarrassing.

LET’S BE ‘AVIN YOU!!!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Jesus. Even allowing for a couple of binner trolls, this thread is embarrassing.

LET’S BE ‘AVIN YOU!!!

Be brave yourself Nuff, what’s your prediction? 

On 01/04/2024 at 23:51, Cityfc2 said:

4 nil to Ip**** I fear,and probably go on to win the league, unfortunately they would deserve it 

image.png.7ca98050aa9501342670fdfe430da730.png

45 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

LET’S BE ‘AVIN YOU!!!

No bottle 😱

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Be brave yourself Nuff, what’s your prediction? 

Predictions are for the birds. If I could predict the future I’d be on a beach somewhere enjoying my lottery win.

All I know is that NCFC are my team and I will be focused on winning.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

LET’S BE ‘AVIN YOU!!!

So what's your prediction then? Just going to sit on the fence and slag off City fans?

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i would still play Kenny , if Moore played i would then say Duffy man mark Moore , Kenny drop little deeper for flick ons and second balls bit of a sweeper in a CB two , if they played one up top that is 

Going to agree with you, Kenny and Duffy at CB for me.

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

LET’S BE ‘AVIN YOU!!!

I do find it a little strange, it was the same on here before the last derby, a lot of doom and gloom and yet you still got a result. It was perhaps more understandable then as you had injuries and were not in good form, but as it stands now I see no reason for NCFC supporters not to be quietly confident. I really do see this a real 50/50 game and wont be at all suprised if its another draw.