Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Foxes v Canaries*

4 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

He's had the sweet sum of fack all on the bench to 'react' with, look at the respective benches! 

Go on then, what would you have done and when to change the games impetus?

713634808_Screenshot2024-04-01135846.png.d20db96e7fe50d0b5875d799b9e49772.png

It's not so much the personnel as the gutless defensive attitude with, at times, all ten outfield players in or within 5 yards of the penalty box. It's pathetic.

You can understand why now that a team finishing 6th has never gone on to win promotion in the play offs - it’s cos they ****e and we not even in 6th with any confidence just hanging on in there 

Just now, ricardo said:

We look happy with a narrow defeat.

We’ve got to protect this 2-1 defeat with all we’ve got

• Haha 1

This just illustrates why we should happily get to the playoffs extend the season by a couple of games and then regroup for next season, this squad will be slaughtered in the Prem

Just now, norfolkngood said:

i think you have to try , 1st teamer having a mare does not mean a kid could come on and play better 

Don't think it would do much good for their confidence to bring them on at 1-1 in the 55th minute when we were chasing shadows, just before Leicester's inevitable goal really. 

I've been a critic of Wagner's subs but I can see why he's not made changes earlier, there wasn't a Nunez or an Onel sitting on the bench who could radically have changed our approach to the game, the kids best for the last 15-20 minutes to see if one can conjure something up, or at least look promising to give the away fans something to cheer about on the way home.

1 minute ago, Helsinki canary said:

Who hasn’t been poor today? 

Hard to judge really as we’ve sat back and invited them on the whole game. And as much as I think they’re better than us anyhow, clearly that’s a tactical decision and doesn’t seem to suit anyone 

I disagree with the vast majority of knee jerk **** that match threads attract but we aren't good enough defensively to sit back for large chunks of games and hope we don't concede, especially away from home against the best squad in the league. Players and coach collectively need to be a bit braver.

Losing this game is unlikely to shape our season but it's incredibly frustrating.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Hard to judge really as we’ve sat back and invited them on the whole game. And as much as I think they’re better than us anyhow, clearly that’s a tactical decision and doesn’t seem to suit anyone 

Agreed, there has been no tactical game management to arrest this dismal performance 

Edited by Helsinki canary
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We have basically our strongest 11 out. I don’t rate Wagners in game management, but what options does he have to improve this? Leicester are much superior.

What like, don't sit back, play higher up the field, get in the opponents faces and make it hard....play with more tempo, inspire them to work harder with more energy,   .... don't play so narrow, get some width in our full-backs so their wide men can't have a field day.... 

Knock it up to Barnes and get Sargent around him... Fact is we've been too slow, workrate has been poor and McLean has gone missing again when there is no space.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bomber said:

You can understand why now that a team finishing 6th has never gone on to win promotion in the play offs - it’s cos they ****e and we not even in 6th with any confidence just hanging on in there 

Wagner's Huddersfield were 5th, only one point above 6th.

1 minute ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

Their keeper is on his fourth cigar

Our only hope is that he pulls a muscle getting out of his deckchair!

• Haha 2

Commentator: "Norwich's best spell in possession."

Cue Duffy to play an aimless ball upfield.

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Sara has been poor today 

He clearly has quality, but I don't think dribbling past players is his strong point.  He's tried that too often in this game and lost the ball. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Don't think it would do much good for their confidence to bring them on at 1-1 in the 55th minute when we were chasing shadows, just before Leicester's inevitable goal really. 

I've been a critic of Wagner's subs but I can see why he's not made changes earlier, there wasn't a Nunez or an Onel sitting on the bench who could radically have changed our approach to the game, the kids best for the last 15-20 minutes to see if one can conjure something up, or at least look promising to give the away fans something to cheer about on the way home.

oh i agree i was talking about when it was 2-1 sorry got wrong end of stick !!

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

It's not so much the personnel as the gutless defensive attitude with, at times, all ten outfield players in or within 5 yards of the penalty box. It's pathetic.

He was clearly hoping that we'd be more threatening on the counter attack, but Leicester are just too good.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

oh i agree i was talking about when it was 2-1 sorry got wrong end of stick !!

Oh, I agree too then, may as well bring Aboh and Welch or SvH on, nothing to lose by taking a punt, we've got 2 subs left and not entirely sure why Wagner does just roll the dice and use them! 

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1

I don't think Leicester are anything special. Our negative tactics let them back in the game.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

This just illustrates why we should happily get to the playoffs extend the season by a couple of games and then regroup for next season, this squad will be slaughtered in the Prem

Will be slaughtered in the play offs

• Haha 1

Come on Norwich try something different we just ambling to defeat here ! No tactics change it try long ball something bloody different Jesus .. for  god sake just passing it around at back we 2-1 down !!!!  

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Oh, I agree too then, may as well bring Aboh and Well or SvH on, nothing to lose by taking a punt, we've got 2 subs left and not entirely sure why Wagner does just roll the dice and use them! 

He won’t do that, blood the newbies - nah!

Just now, Bomber said:

Will be slaughtered in the play offs

Don't worry. We will probably just miss out on top six

He was clearly hoping that we'd be more threatening on the counter attack, but Leicester are just too good.

Leicester were massively there for the taking today, and they were rubbish until their equaliser. Since then they've been handed the softest of opportunities to get their fans back behind them. Even now they still look very flaky, but the cowardly (I think I saw that word used above, and I agree with it) tactics are offering no threat to them whatsoever. The Leceister of two months ago would be 6-0 up by now.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think Leicester are anything special. Our negative tactics let them back in the game.

We've made this far too easy for them, it's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Yep. And they have been better than 100% of the whole division for the whole of this season (until Friday just gone).... I mean that is a fact. Perspective needed.

Our performance has been disappointing too and many players are having an off day. Can't think of one player who has excelled. Leicester look a quality above and we are what we are, a club aiming to be in the play offs but only a couple of months ago we didn't look like we would either. Outplayed today but we have an important match next week.

• Like 1