Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Toodle Pip

At last case proven beyond reasonable doubt that the minority shareholder initiative has simply been used as a convenience for the last 25 years.  The news about the Old Trust shares just proves it. Those shares could have fetched more money for women's football by being auctioned to the public thereby leaving MA to put more of his money into men's football and to refresh the demographic of the shareholder cohort at the same time so why didn't this killing 3 birds with 1 stone initiative happen?

I am disappointed that this case wasn't solved sooner but then I made the mistake of thinking Tilly was Columbo standard material. Still as our resident King of condescension and meander says we all make mistakes. 

I will now leave you in the capable hands of one of the two best posters on here @slaphead . I am reliably informed that she is a cork tree lumberjack who devours coronation chicken sandwiches for Lunch.

All that remains is for me to repeat the immortal words of Aunt Erica.....Toodle Pip. Love Essex.

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

At last case proven beyond reasonable doubt that the minority shareholder initiative has simply been used as a convenience for the last 25 years.  The news about the Old Trust shares just proves it. Those shares could have fetched more money for women's football by being auctioned to the public thereby leaving MA to put more of his money into men's football and to refresh the demographic of the shareholder cohort at the same time so why didn't this killing 3 birds with 1 stone initiative happen?

I am disappointed that this case wasn't solved sooner but then I made the mistake of thinking Tilly was Columbo standard material. Still as our resident King of condescension and meander says we all make mistakes. 

I will now leave you in the capable hands of one of the two best posters on here @slaphead . I am reliably informed that she is a cork tree lumberjack who devours coronation chicken sandwiches for Lunch.

All that remains is for me to repeat the immortal words of Aunt Erica.....Toodle Pip. Love Essex.

We can only hope.

Something tells me that sadly this is au revoir and not a final goodbye.

You could stay and post about the football rather than your selfish hate fuelled agenda. 

Just an option.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Has a single person who donated shares to the trust expressed their disapproval?

Or are you, somebody who didn't donate any shares to the trust, deciding to be outraged on their behalf in order to further your own agenda?

There is nothing more annoying that people who try and tell people what they should do or should have done with their own money. 

I bet you wish you'd bought 4 extra shares and donated those 4 shares to the trust so you could get another 3 years of mileage out of your epic whingeathon. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You could stay and post about the football rather than your selfish hate fuelled agenda. 

Good point, it'd give the forum credence if we had someone discussing football, too.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Is this a 'Flounce' ?

Off to Mortys place?

I would actually have some genuine respect if this was actually remotely true. However, this is so fake even Cher is managing to force a giggle.

All this is, is your way of still bemoaning how no one has offered you £80 a share. It's how it started out, and now, you are yet again trying to rewrite your own history by trying to make this seem all about women's football when it never was.

You'll be back. Even if it's under another name.

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

I would actually have some genuine respect if this was actually remotely true. However, this is so fake even Cher is managing to force a giggle.

All this is, is your way of still bemoaning how no one has offered you £80 a share. It's how it started out, and now, you are yet again trying to rewrite your own history by trying to make this seem all about women's football when it never was.

You'll be back. Even if it's under another name.

She's a man eater (oops sorry, poultry)

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Welcome back Essex. 

Delia and Michael begged him to stay.

Posted (edited)

I genuinely have no idea what is going on here.  I often see the essex vs the rest of forum posts, read a little, shake my head and walk away.

My spidey sense tells me that I don't want to know whats going on, but for some reason, I'm ignoring it. Anyone want to - in a paragraph or less- explain what's going on here? I think I missed the start of the saga and can't catch up...

Edited by All the Germans

18 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

My spidey sense tells me that I don't want to know whats going on, but for some reason, I'm ignoring it. Anyone want to - in a paragraph or less- explain what's going on here?

I may have it wrong, but from what i've gathered:

Essex and a friend bought 1000 shares making them Associate Directors (AD) with the added incentive that they would be provided a free 'seat for life' in the AD section each season - which over the course of a few decades could mean they break even and still retain share value at the end.  Sadly, Essex's friend passed away and the 'seat for life' was not passed down to his daughter who did inherit 1000 shares, which he feels is unfair.  Essex then traded his posh AD seat for two normal seats - I presume the other seat being for his friend daughter?.  Somewhere along the line he lodged a complaint with an external body who investigated the case and was told that no wrong-doings occurred and he should move on.  As a result, he's here critical of management and how we're ran, with the intent (I think) to imply that the cost of passing on that 'seat of life' is minimal compared to the money wasted. 

Furthermore his 1000 shares which he purchased for £25 a pop 20+ years back are now hard to sell in bulk, and has the quandary that if he sold 1 share it would take him below 1000 shares causing him to lose AD status, and thus the 2 free season tickets each year which puts him at a loss.  So seeing individual sales of shares being advertised at £60-80 a pop, i believe, is another cause of frustration, as potentially sitting on £80k of shares but unable to shift them at that rate.

I appreciate that's 2 paragraphs, but it's the basic background as i've understood it.  There's a few other additions such as claiming that the club should have refunded him on the 'seat for life' when we were unable to attend games due to covid, and also how AD's weren't given priority when crowds returned in limited numbers.

Hopefully I get a 7 out of 10 for effort, as I don't think i'm too far off now. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You missed pigeons pooping on his seat. Placed, by hand, by Zoe, Delia, Tom and Stephan’s gifted shares.

And his love of a plethora of other clubs. Luton, Burnley, Cambridge and a hybrid he uses for mid-range approach shots when golfing with his “friends”. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Essex and a friend bought 1000 shares making them Associate Directors (AD) with the added incentive that they would be provided a free 'seat for life' in the AD section each season - which over the course of a few decades could mean they break even and still retain share value at the end.  Sadly, Essex's friend passed away and the 'seat for life' was not passed down to his daughter who did inherit 1000 shares, which he feels is unfair.  Essex then traded his posh AD seat for two normal seats - I presume the other seat being for his friend daughter?.  Somewhere along the line he lodged a complaint with an external body who investigated the case and was told that no wrong-doings occurred and he should move on.  As a result, he's here critical of management and how we're ran, with the intent (I think) to imply that the cost of passing on that 'seat of life' is minimal compared to the money wasted. 

Furthermore his 1000 shares which he purchased for £25 a pop 20+ years back are now hard to sell in bulk, and has the quandary that if he sold 1 share it would take him below 1000 shares causing him to lose AD status, and thus the 2 free season tickets each year which puts him at a loss.  So seeing individual sales of shares being advertised at £60-80 a pop, i believe, is another cause of frustration, as potentially sitting on £80k of shares but unable to shift them at that rate.

I appreciate that's 2 paragraphs, but it's the basic background as i've understood it.  There's a few other additions such as claiming that the club should have refunded him on the 'seat for life' when we were unable to attend games due to covid, and also how AD's weren't given priority when crowds returned in limited numbers.

Hopefully I get a 7 out of 10 for effort, as I don't think i'm too far off now. 🙂

Thank you.

Ignoring spidey sense again, but, clue's in the name "seat for life" I would think.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Thank you.

Ignoring spidey sense again, but, clue's in the name "seat for life" I would think.

Like inheriting a life peerage 

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Thank you.

You get it, we get it, but Essex does not, so we have to be subjected to hundreds of posts complaining about it. Maybe, just maybe there’s going to be a let up now. Fingers crossed…

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Thank you.

Seems clear and obvious enough.

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You missed pigeons pooping on his seat. Placed, by hand, by Zoe, Delia, Tom and Stephan’s gifted shares.

And his love of a plethora of other clubs. Luton, Burnley, Cambridge and a hybrid he uses for mid-range approach shots when golfing with his “friends”. 

“All right, but apart from pigeon ****, gifted shares, support for other teams, soft share deals by Chicken Mickey, accusations of insider dealings, Trustees not bundling up the shares for sale, accusations of misogyny, lengthy emails, huge directors bonuses and Independent Football Ombudsman complaints, what have the AD’s ever done for us?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I may have read this wrong in the ombudsmen report, but I believe that the investigation found that his friend and their offspring were already in the process of transferring shares so neither had 1000, not only that, but when contscted, the inheritor themselves wasn't wanting to complain etc.

10 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Seems clear and obvious enough.

Yes... but if you take to odd exception such as Emirates airlines... 😄

8 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Sadly, Essex's friend passed away and the 'seat for life' was not passed down to his daughter who did inherit 1000 shares, which he feels is unfair.  Essex then traded his posh AD seat for two normal seats - I presume the other seat being for his friend daughter?.  

Your presumption is wrong Google.

39 minutes ago, GMF said:

“All right, but apart from pigeon ****, gifted shares, support for other teams, soft share deals by Chicken Mickey, accusations of insider dealings, Trustees not bundling up the shares for sale, accusations of misogyny, lengthy emails, huge directors bonuses and Independent Football Ombudsman complaints, what have the AD’s ever done for us?”

Post of the week.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

9.5 out of 10. Just proves that some people absorb the issues so much better than others.

• Thanks 1