dylanisabaddog

Webber makes the national news

Racist comments just reported on BBC news.

I'd probably get banned if I said what I thought about this Christian racist tw*t

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

... What's his Christianity got to do with it?

Soul Church Baby, Soul Church. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Unbelievable. Reported for racist comments? His intention was clearly to reflect the problems young black people have in society - a problem the BBC and other news groups have reported on, multiple times. He was clumsy with what he said, but to me he was highlighting social problems and how these players might have avoided them by being involved in football. That is a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like him and think he is egotistical and lacking in humility, but in this case, there is nothing here to get excited about in so far as reporting him.  I think it's ridiculous - he might need to apologise and explain himself a bit more  what he was trying to say, but to villify him nationally is just over the top.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Unbelievable. Reported for racist comments?

I don't think they were intentionally racist, but you can't really defend him as he's clearly profiled those players in direct relation to their other options in life being jail.

I think it's more of a class thing, but then so was Grenfell, sometimes it goes hand in hand, sometimes it's deliberate, sometimes it's normalised and accidental.

Tricky subject really, I think he's a man that would reach out to those people and seek to help as it gives him a kick.  But his ego... again... has landed him in the not so sweet smelling brown sticky stuff.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Unbelievable. Reported for racist comments? His intention was clearly to reflect the problems young black people have in society - a problem the BBC and other news groups have reported on, multiple times. He was clumsy with what he said, but to me he was highlighting social problems and how these players might have avoided them by being involved in football. That is a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like him and think he is egotistical and lacking in humility, but in this case, there is nothing here to get excited about in so far as reporting him.  I think it's ridiculous - he might need to apologise and explain himself a bit more  what he was trying to say, but to villify him nationally is just over the top.

Listen or read what he said again, unbelievable comment by you. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

C’mon Lakey, although he may have originated from a small place in Wales he’s been around the block enough to know you can’t say things like that without causing a storm. None of the players he named are white.  He could have just said young players but no, he had to be more specific. 

Not a good look is it ?

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Listen or read what he said again, unbelievable comment by you. 

I have. He was clumsy with his comments, didn't think it through and it came out badly, but I don't think for one minute he was being racist.

I see he's apologised so maybe he recognises he said something in a stupid way, but at least he wasn't afraid to say something, whereas a lot of people are scared to say anything for fear of being labelled racist, when all they are trying to do is talk about a problem that is well known to exist. The alternative to not talking about these subjects is that they don't get discussed enough!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I have. He was clumsy with his comments, didn't think it through and it came out badly, but I don't think for one minute he was being racist.

I see he's apologised so maybe he recognises he said something in a stupid way, but at least he wasn't afraid to say something, whereas a lot of people are scared to say anything for fear of being labelled racist, when all they are trying to do is talk about a problem that is well known to exist. The alternative to not talking about these subjects is that they don't get discussed enough!

Well it was and you’re very wrong. 

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

C’mon Lakey, although he may have originated from a small place in Wales he’s been around the block enough to know you can’t say things like that without causing a storm. None of the players he named are white.  He could have just said young players but no, he had to be more specific. 

Not a good look is it ?

I agree with you, it isn't a good look, but he was trying to draw attention to a problem that exists for young black people -as reported widely on all sorts of news programmes/documentaries. But he did it in a Webber like way - clumsy and lacking in judgement.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Best advice for Webber is to keep his egoistic gob shut and get up that damn mountain 

Edited by Helsinki canary
  • Like 2

Just now, lake district canary said:

I agree with you, it isn't a good look, but he was trying to draw attention to a problem that exists for young black people -as reported widely on all sorts of news programmes/documentaries. But he did it in a Webber like way - clumsy and lacking in judgement.

In that case he needs to engage brain before opening mouth. He knows social media inside out. 

This isn’t the first time he’s been clumsy and lacking in judgement. If I was employing him I wouldn’t let him anywhere need the media as the man’s a PR disaster.

• Like 2

I see Lakeys point and I have said elsewhere Webber has a tendency to say things before engaging his brain! Clumsy indeed unfortunately a tad racist to boot! He has apologised and the clubs made a statement. Not sure what more needs to be done?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He could have said exactly the same thing without naming players, but no his ego got the better of him and he didn’t think for a second about what he was saying about them or how he was stereotyping men like them. 

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well it was and you’re very wrong. 

Wind your neck in and read what I've said. I've not excused him, he was wrong to say it in the way he did and it came across badly, but it is quite clear to anyone who is familiar with his habit of putting his foot in his mouth (like we know of him as fans) that he was trying to say something meaningful and with good intentions - but he just got it wrong.  Easy to shout "racism" at things like this, but really it's a song and dance about very little - and something for which he has rightly apologised and we should all move on without getting too irate. It wasn't Webber being racist, it was just Webber being Webber.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

*Cough*, young people have problems in society, no need to profile just one section of those young people.

I am not saying he is a racist but there was no need to single out young black men and there was absolutely no need to name people individually if you are trying to make a general point, particularly if you have not sought permission from those individuals, we now have two ex NCFC players and at least one current NCFC player who are unhappy with his comments.............

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Best advice for Webber is to keep his egoistic gob shut and get up that damn mountain 

Without a doubt. How does he do it. The man or whatever you would like to call him is an utter embarrassment to Norwich  City. He single handed , has dragged the name of Norwich  football down. His ego is disgusting as.well as he is. No excuses, who does he believe he is , some kind of creative saviour . He's a dummy. We'll,  he craved the attention , now he's got it. Deal with it . Absolute numbskull. 

When the clear intent of the guy is all about drawing attention to pulling kids out of poverty and steering them away from bad life choices, digging in to argue that the guy's a rampant racist when it's clearly not the case is just plain ridiculous. Like I  said, waste of space  single issue campaigners justifying their existence is the problem here; not Webber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wind your neck in and read what I've said. I've not excused him, he was wrong to say it in the way he did and it came across badly, but it is quite clear to anyone who is familiar with his habit of putting his foot in his mouth (like we know of him as fans) that he was trying to say something meaningful and with good intentions - but he just got it wrong.  Easy to shout "racism" at things like this, but really it's a song and dance about very little - and something for which he has rightly apologised and we should all move on without getting too irate. It wasn't Webber being racist, it was just Webber being Webber.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

With respect, you need to do the rereading. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Indy said:

I see Lakeys point and I have said elsewhere Webber has a tendency to say things before engaging his brain! Clumsy indeed unfortunately a tad racist to boot! He has apologised and the clubs made a statement. Not sure what more needs to be done?

Indy, there is no Brain , its a moron we are dealing with. He actually thinks he is some kind of saviour , he actually thinks that people believe in him. God , help us if this is the kind of person people are supposed to look up to. My god ,help us all. HOW embarrassing is this cretin.

2 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Indy, there is no Brain , its a moron we are dealing with. He actually thinks he is some kind of saviour , he actually thinks that people believe in him. God , help us if this is the kind of person people are supposed to look up to. My god ,help us all. HOW embarrassing is this cretin.

He is as dodgy as fcuk, so far up his own **** as is possible. 

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

When the clear intent of the guy is all about drawing attention to pulling kids out of poverty and steering them away from bad life choices, digging in to argue that the guy's a rampant racist when it's clearly not the case is just plain ridiculous. Like I  said, waste of space  single issue campaigners justifying their existence is the problem here; not Webber.

If when trying to do as you say you manage to pick out 5 black players (some of whom weren't actually raised in poverty) and then claim that the only outcome other than football is jail, then I think what while you may not be a 'rampant racist' you perhaps have some unchecked biases which need addressing pretty quickly.

• Like 3

Even if you remove the possible racial aspect to this....he has referenced 5 people by name and suggested that were it not for football would have ended up in prison (or in gang culture)

Regardless of the colour of their skin, imagine what they and their families think when they read that?

Its an accusation over their upbringing, their parenting, their attitude as individuals

I said when I first read it  that he'd better be damned sure about these comments to be making them about these 5 people.

The subsequent reaction by 3 of those 5 , Kamara, and the mothers of Aarons and Lewis show that he was completely wide of the mark

I would be suing him for defemation of character.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I wonder what he thinks of sherpas. Where would they be if they were not guiding mountaineers?

Taking kukri classes?....

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He is as dodgy as fcuk, so far up his own **** as is possible. 

I think with all his altitude training he's been doing he  must be superfit now and quite possibly be able to  ,with his ego intact kiss his own aśş without much difficulty  now. SUPER STu. Saviour of the disadvantaged people. Chancer ( soul) man . Maybe he should be doing attitude training and not altitude training.

Edited by Mengo

This should be a lesson to Stu and his ego. But narcissists tend to blame others than truly reflect on their errors. I suspect Stu will just hate the media even more and carry an even bigger chip on his shoulder once enough time has passed for him to land his next DoF role. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Racist comments just reported on BBC news.

I'd probably get banned if I said what I thought about this Christian racist tw*t

Bet you wouldn’t say Muslim if he was one.  Weird hypocrite!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Maybe he should be doing attitude training and not altitude training.

🤣