Sign in to follow this  
ridgeman

What have the majority shareholders got to say over Webber .

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

“Still”?  You have some sort of proof to back up that there has been such a culture?  I’d be careful making such accusations.

When this story is being reported upon every major news outlet today, this is what anyone on the outside looking in will be thinking....moreso when one of our current players in Kamara is forced to make the statement he has today about a recent sporting director.

So...our club had better be fairly prompt in releasing a statement in distancing themselves from him and his comments

...and I dont need to be 'careful' about anything. Webber is the one who needed to tow that line

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ridgeman said:

As Webber is damaging this club and himself  what has Delia and MWJ got to say on the matter.

I would think that D and M, must at this time be very very annoyed with a person they apparently trusted with their club. He has let them down dramatically . 

Stuart Webber what an absolute idiot you are. I hope one day you realise. For now , hang your head in shame. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

When this story is being reported upon every major news outlet today, this is what anyone on the outside looking in will be thinking....moreso when one of our current players in Kamara is forced to make the statement he has today about a recent sport director.

So...ouf club had better be fairly prompt in releasing a statement in distancing themselves from him and his comments

...and I dont need to be 'careful' about anything. Webber is the one who needed to tow that line

You are stating that the club has a racist culture - with no proof at all.

Kamara’s statement said he was shocked at Webber’s comments - he said absolutely nothing to suggest racism is rife at the club.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

You are stating that the club has a racist culture - with no proof at all.

Kamara’s statement said he was shocked at Webber - he said absolutely nothing to suggest racism is rife at the club.

..no...I'm looking at it from the point of view of a prospective new signing, particularly of the race that Webber profiled, will be thinking when theyve seen these comments from a recent employee of a senior position.

They could, possibly justifiably believe, that these are the views of those who remain at thd club and by those higher up.

So, I'll repeat...the club urgently need to be making a statement to distance themselves

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

..no...I'm looking at it from the point of view of a prospective new signing, particularly of the race that Webber profiled, will be thinking when theyve seen these comments from a recent employee of a senior position.

They could, possibly justifiably believe, that these are the views of those who remain at thd club and by those higher up.

So, I'll repeat...the club urgently need to be making a statement to distance themselves

I’ve already said I imagine the club will make some sort of a statement.

But by saying ‘still’ you were implying that there has definitely been a racist culture. That’s different from the above. You may consider it the same but it’s not.. 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’ve already said I imagine the club will make some sort of a statement.

But you were stating that there has been a racist culture, not that there might have been. That’s different. 

Do I need to repeat myself a second / third time?

I'm suggesting that this could be how the club will appear from the outside with the unwanted publicity thats been brought about today. If a current player has had to make a statement of this nature (let alone 2 mothers of the 5 players specifically mentioned), how might it look to potential new signings?

I've explained the context in which I said it, I assume I wont need to again? 

(Although I suspect I may need to for you)

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

My god, Friday can't come quick enough

You know, you don't actually have to spend every waking hour defending this cÔckwomble.

If I was running the club I wouldn’t comment, no win situation, he’s left the building and has apologised to the individuals that he mentioned. Why drag ourselves into the situation, keep focussed on the next 8 games!

• Sad 1

Clubs have no loyalty to players and vice-versa. Both will break ties when money is involved so what is all the fuss about?

Posted (edited)

I’d love to see him publically, performatively sacked for damaging the club’s and its employees reputation, although there is 0% chance of this happening because Delia Smith thinks the sun shines out of his arze.

The most easily manipulated owner in the football league.

Edited by Captain Holt

1 hour ago, Rupethebear said:

If I was running the club I wouldn’t comment, no win situation, he’s left the building and has apologised to the individuals that he mentioned. Why drag ourselves into the situation, keep focussed on the next 8 games!

He is a current employee of Norwich City Football Club.

This is what a vacuum of corporate governance gets you. Webber has been handed free rein to do snd say as he likes for years, despite his penchant for saying stupid things. It seems even when working his notice he’s got free rein to give interviews etc. the person who should be overseeing him/keeping the reigns on things is his wife who now effectively needs to slap him down in public to protect the clubs reputation. There is nobody else employed at the club who can do that. This highlights exactly the issue that Delia and Michael scoffed at when asked by Conor at the AGM. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We seem to lurch from one PR disaster to the next.

I'm all for charitable causes, but Webber needs saving from himself, far more than the average youth from any background needs the help of an individual with misguided, cliched beliefs. 

The club should nip this in this bud, but the obvious problem with that is the involvement of his wife. You couldn't write this sort of crap. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Do I need to repeat myself a second / third time?

I'm suggesting that this could be how the club will appear from the outside with the unwanted publicity thats been brought about today. If a current player has had to make a statement of this nature (let alone 2 mothers of the 5 players specifically mentioned), how might it look to potential new signings?

I've explained the context in which I said it, I assume I wont need to again? 

(Although I suspect I may need to for you)

You can explain/repeat whatever you like, but the simple fact is that it was not what your initial point said. Using the words ‘I’d want to know if there is still a racist culture’ means that there is/was one, with no question. However, the truth is that the shock/surprise of people like Kamara to Webber’s comments very much suggest the opposite.

I can’t be bothered to explain it any more to you, I’m too busy, but you should reread what you wrote. I’m giving you the credit of having some level of intelligence that you don’t appear to be granting me. 

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You can explain/repeat whatever you like, but the simple fact is that it was not what your initial point said. Using the words ‘I’d want to know if there is still a racist culture’ means that there is/was one, with no question. However, the truth is that the shock/surprise of people like Kamara to Webber’s comments very much suggest the opposite.

I can’t be bothered to explain it any more to you, I’m too busy, but you should reread what you wrote. I’m giving you the credit of having some level of intelligence that you don’t appear to be granting me. 

Ok, i will attempt to simplify it further...not that I thought I needed to

Another poster makes reference to 'complaining to Asda ,when an employee has left'

I suggest that prospective new employees could still be suspicious of the culture of that organization before joining it.

A recent (still on the payroll) sporting director has made public his views, a potential new signing might very well want to know whether his replacement and/or other people at the club 'still' hold those views before deciding to join.

...unless of course the club makes public their stance

...as predicted, I did need to explain it to you a further time.

....will I need to again?...this time with pictures?

Well Delia will need to have something prepared, or avoid any media/supporter contact for the foreseeable future. You just know it's going to appear again, even if not until next year's AGM Q&A.

Anybody has a right really to ask for the club’s stance on Webber's comments. But it's an opportunity to distance itself from Webber for good.

Webber's job prospects would now seem pretty bleak for a while which in itself is probably punishment enough for those who want that. It leaves Zoe in a slightly difficult situation though and again an opportunity, or make it 10 times worse.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rupethebear said:

That would be shockingly bad PR.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

My god, Friday can't come quick enough

Was that a quote from Robinson Crusoe?.....

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Webber said nothing about race, but specifically mentioned Liverpool. He didn't bring race into it; the campaigners did. If anyone should be complaining about being stereotyped, it's Liverpudlians.

Just single issue campaigners attention-seeking as always to justify the money they make from the race-baiting industry.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Webber said nothing about race, but specifically mentioned Liverpool. He didn't bring race into it; the campaigners did. If anyone should be complaining about being stereotyped, it's Liverpudlians.

Just single issue campaigners attention-seeking as always to justify the money they make from the race-baiting industry.

Wow, just wow.

Webber singles out 5 Black players as potentially being in jail if it wasn’t for football and you think that has nothing to do with race?

It’s just campaigners “attention seeking as always” and “race-baiting”?

Thats some next level mental gymnastics there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Genuinely, the board should make it clear that these are not the views of the football club, and we are always support our players.

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Genuinely, the board should make it clear that these are not the views of the football club, and we are always support our players.

So course they should! I thought that Webber was a loose cannon for ages, prone to stupid comments and obviously not someone to give complete control over the playing staff. He thinks he is bright, these comments prove he is not. Completely racist and not a quote any sensible person would say.

Also said that having a husband & wife team in charge would cause issues and now it has, as it puts his wife in a really difficult position.

The quicker our ownership issues are sorted out the better.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Wow, just wow.

Webber singles out 5 Black players as potentially being in jail if it wasn’t for football and you think that has nothing to do with race?

It’s just campaigners “attention seeking as always” and “race-baiting”?

Thats some next level mental gymnastics there.

1) There are a lot of black players so it's not that weird that the names mentioned were black players. 2) Given the specifics of the names mentioned, I think there's a strong suggestion he knows enough about the backgrounds of the players in question for it not to have been any sort of generalisation or profiling, particularly regarding Jonathan Rowe. If anything, probably the apologies to the players for being indiscrete were most in line rather than any hoo ha about profiling.

The general message of the comment was pointing to socieconomic deprivation meaning people are more likely to become involved in crime. That's a known thing and applies across races. It's also a complaint of the campaigners that black people have more socieconomic disadvantages, so their complaints  about his comments really do seem absurd, especially when his whole objective is raising money to help people and give them better lives.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

1) There are a lot of black players so it's not that weird that the names mentioned were black players. 2) Given the specifics of the names mentioned, I think there's a strong suggestion he knows enough about the backgrounds of the players in question for it not to have been any sort of generalisation or profiling, particularly regarding Jonathan Rowe.

The general message of the comment was pointing to socieconomic deprivation meaning people are more likely to become involved in crime. That's a known thing. It's also a complaint of the campaigners that black people have more socieconomic disadvantages, so their complaints really do seem absurd.

Why has he apoligized then?..if he believes it of these 5 players he's specifically mentioned he'd stand by it.

If he'd have said that there is a general problem with certain players from ethnic backgrounds who were brought up in certain areas, he could have had a point

..but he's gone out of his way to name 5 people.

If youre going to do that you have to be certain in what you say however since this was reported ,3 of the 5 players have  publicly responded either via themselves, or via the mother's of 2 of these players in defending themselves and condemning Webber's comments

...we still await to see whether Jonathan Rowe 'minds' that Webber has suggested he could have ended up in prison

14 hours ago, Mengo said:

I would think that D and M, must at this time be very very annoyed with a person they apparently trusted with their club. He has let them down dramatically . 

Stuart Webber what an absolute idiot you are. I hope one day you realise. For now , hang your head in shame. 

Sometimes we want to believe something so badly that we allow ourselves to be taken advantage of. 

The man overstayed his welcome and betrayed the people who gave him a very lucrative lifestyle. It really feels like a massive con. Never mind , roll on friday , then it definitely is the end of  gardening leave, for certain people in Norwich City Football club. 

18 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Our club shouldnt have to comment. Webber is no longer associated with the club and has made these comments on his own, in an independent capacity.

The only thing the club should comment on is how it has made the ncfc players feel.that he referenced.

A really strange comment to make that has damaged his reputation whilst trying to get another job. Doubt his charity feels.great about it either 

He's on the payroll until 31 March 2024 - that is for 6 more days. FFS!

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

He's on the payroll until 31 March 2024 - that is for 6 more days. FFS!

Imagine the damage he could do in six days with that mouth, assume someone has tried to say to him, Stu, just call it a day and hurry on up that mountain. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chicken said:

Not straight forward, I suspect that whilst he is within his contractually obligated notice period he could essentially still be "sacked"? However, he doesn't hold a post at the club, nor is he working for the club any longer so far as we are led to believe. After all, we were told by the pinkun he had left his post some months ago now.

No, but once again a total failure of corporate governance. Whilst on gardening leave it is usual for such employees to remain silent on all matters relating to their soon to be ex-employee. Of course I can't reference whether or not he has actually signed an agreement to do so, or that he has been instructed properly on what he can or cannot say during this period of gardening leave, but (and here is the major failure of the club's corporate governance), one has to believe he informed his wife (the current Executive Director of the club) of the interview (fine marriage if he didn't) which should have alerted her to ensuring the interview was properly managed (i.e. with the club's press officer present).

This failure on her part I'm afraid, given what has happened in the press etc. should actually threaten her own position.

So, the statement cannot come from her as she is directly linked to the interview, it thus becomes the responsibility of her line manager which in this case is the Board. Given the lack of a nominated Chair (another key failure of corporate governance natch), then currently that role has to fall to the most senior people on the Board which is the current majority owners Delia and Michael. If only they had applied proper corporate governance principles in the first place, hey?

Another unnecessary maligning of the club, because the majority shareholders mistakenly see the club as their plaything and not a very public organisation that requires appropriate control, checks and balances. 

I do wish people had listened to me properly when I revealed my fears that the club would suffer big time as a result of corporate governance failure (note I never was concerned primarily with team matters, just overall corporate health of an organisation that I had shares in). This incident is yet another in a long list of issues that if the appropriate control, checks and balances (i.e. appropriate corporate governance) were in place would not have occurred.

I truly despair ...