Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Leicester Charged

Not great timing considering they are in a promotion race with only a handful of games to go. This needs to be sorted asap.

Any points reduction wouldnt be until they next play in the premier league

...however the uncertainty cant help. Imagine knowing that if you got promotion you'd start on a minus in the premier league. 

Godfrey £25 -Everton

Omobamudele -£11m+ -Forest

Maddison -£25m -Leicester

We're selling to balance our books as a self funding club , to clubs who cant afford it and are cheating the system

Hope justice is done

• Like 5

Now what about the big fry? I like this attempt to clean up the act a bit, but no disrespect to Everton, Forest and Leicester, they're hardly the three big offenders, are they?

Manchester City, I'm looking at you.

• Like 1

Apparently no points decision till next season so at least that helps them a bit.. 

24 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Now what about the big fry? I like this attempt to clean up the act a bit, but no disrespect to Everton, Forest and Leicester, they're hardly the three big offenders, are they?

The amount of charges they are facing should see them playing in the amateur northern leagues. I would presume it’s a very complex case that is being made watertight for the impending court challenges once the punishment is served 

• Like 1

Just now, Virtual reality said:

The amount of charges they are facing should see them playing in the amateur northern leagues. I would presume it’s a very complex case that is being made watertight for the impending court challenges once the punishment is served 

Aye, it should be a derby with Radcliffe Borough if there's any justice, but we'll see.

Seems ludicrous that Leicester can effectively buy themselves a promotion back to the Premier League. With a £150m to come in on promotion, I suspect they'd happily take a 4 or 6 pt deduction next season, especially if Everton and Forest get hit again as well.

Somewhat tangentially - I see the Leicester game is now on Sky … I’ll be in Norwich but have my kids (11 and 12) with me … Can anybody recommend any child-friendly pubs with Sky in Norwich ?

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ipswich fans will be loving this if a points deduction gets applied this season.

It won’t, more than likely will be a points deduction suspended for when Leicester return to the premier league 

Best thing about this is all the binners I've seen getting excited not understanding these are Premier league charges not EFL ones.

11 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

As @Virtual realityhas said, it's a huge number of charges at least one of which is potentially criminal in nature. That alleged offence will involve HMRC who may decide to prosecute. All very complex and bearing in mind the extremely aggressive and non cooperative approach that the club's legal advisers took during the UEFA enquiry it may be some time yet.

If found guilty of all charges it is possible they will be expelled from the Premier League and Football League. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Best thing about this is all the binners I've seen getting excited not understanding these are Premier league charges not EFL ones.

Again, may still help them next season. And maybe us.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Which will help Ipswich, if they go up with Leicester.

True 

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Which will help Ipswich, if they go up with Leicester.

They won't, this is Ipswich blowing it is their bag.

All these rules do are keep the top clubs in their place and unthreatened. Talk of Villa having to sell players to keep on the right side of these rules even if they finish top 4. 

Either let it be a full on money spaffing free for all or put it some rules to actually level the playing field. This half way house **** does nothing for the good of the game.

• Like 4

Setting aside the benefit to Ipswich should both be promoted, it still passes me off Leicester have had a potentially 'unfair' advantage in this year's Championship. It's not the first time either, they did it about 10 year ago.

Ipswich fans may not be so chirpy though if they miss out on the autos and then lose the play-offs and Leicester go up.

Posted (edited)

Man City are threatening to take the 119 (or whatever it is) charges through the courts individually, so in effect this would take years and years to complete.

Expect a perfunctory slap on the wrists, in the way off a one off, greatly reduced fine and a minimal points deduction, be a good boy and don't do it again.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

18 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We're selling to balance our books as a self funding club , to clubs who cant afford it and are cheating the system

Hope justice is done

Incorrect

Players chose to move, for varied reasons

We use the money to increase our spending (note the word increase)

We would balance the books whether those sales amounted to £100m or £100

To infer that we spend THEN sell players to cover the cost is getting it a**e about face

This would be spot on if it was the same for everyone, but it isn’t.

Remember Villa, broke all the EFL financial rules to get promoted. Yet because they became a PL club nothing could be done about it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Incorrect

Players chose to move, for varied reasons

We use the money to increase our spending (note the word increase)

We would balance the books whether those sales amounted to £100m or £100

To infer that we spend THEN sell players to cover the cost is getting it a**e about face

...we sold Godfrey to Everton to cover the shortfall during Covid...to 'balance' our books

That was obviously something they werent particularly bothered by and look whats happened to them

Maybe thd media who were hammering us for 'not giving it a go' when we were in the premier league by not spending money we didnt have and running ourselves into more debt may think twice when they see these other clubs being docked points

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If found guilty of all charges it is possible they will be expelled from the Premier League and Football League. 

Which would enable them to fast-track on plans to form a breakaway, they've been caught engaging in secret talks in the past.  The multi-billion state ownership have far bigger plans than supporting the traditions of our game.

This is why there will be no such action as long as these clubs are happy to exist in the pyramid.  Otherwise the prem league would be committing hara-kiri.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

That was obviously something they werent particularly bothered by and look whats happened to them

They were given a points deduction and are still likely to survive. So for them, it was a gamble that has paid off. That's what is wrong with the ruling as it is. If you can get away with it, whether that's buying promotion, or avoiding relegation, then it's worth gambling on breaking the rules. Any team that tries to avoid breaking the rules, because they can't afford to gamble on losing 4 points, is at a disadvantage.

10 minutes ago, Lazza said:

They were given a points deduction and are still likely to survive. So for them, it was a gamble that has paid off. That's what is wrong with the ruling as it is. If you can get away with it, whether that's buying promotion, or avoiding relegation, then it's worth gambling on breaking the rules. Any team that tries to avoid breaking the rules, because they can't afford to gamble on losing 4 points, is at a disadvantage.

...lets see where they are if they get docked even more points this season..

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...we sold Godfrey to Everton to cover the shortfall during Covid...to 'balance' our books

Maybe thd media who were hammering us for 'not giving it a go' when we were in the premier league by not spending money we didnt have and running ourselves into more debt may think twice when they see these other clubs being docked points

Don’t bother he’s only here to try and get arguments going, of course we’ve had to sell to balance the books, that’s the club we have! Maddison, Ashton as you correctly say.

Without these sales we would have found ourselves in some challenging position, but we’ve got a good academy set up and our scouting has been good in the past.

• Like 1

The rather dull premier is being enlivened by its own FFP league fluctuations 

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Maybe thd media who were hammering us for 'not giving it a go' 

True