An interesting weekend with a few sides missing games in our division, and not a lot going on in the PL.  Loads of matches on the old terrestrial channels this weekend for once - starting with Wolves v Coventry in the cup - I guess we hope for an away win, it’ll give them a bit of catching up to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

An interesting weekend with a few sides missing games in our division, and not a lot going on in the PL.  Loads of matches on the old terrestrial channels this weekend for once - starting with Wolves v Coventry in the cup - I guess we hope for an away win, it’ll give them a bit of catching up to do.

I'd like to see Cov win. Aside from being our playoff rivals, I like them as a club, plus we all hate Wolves!

Posted (edited)

Wolves Coventry very entertaining so far. Well worth a watch. Kasey Palmer again looking good 

On the downside, Ally McCoist is providing 'expert' analysis. Suggest viewing with the sound off. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Boro and Cardiff will see their games as a chance to catch up/keep in touch.

WBA will not want to drop points, neither will we, but......

At the bottom there are seven clubs with 3 points separating them from the two relegation places. - all bottom three are Yorkshire clubs with two of them playing in the Flat Cap Derby, R'ham v H'field. Not all bad though, Sheff Utd showing what can be achieved if you 'give it a go' in the PL.

The other Sheff club will doubtlessly be hammered by the 'already won title binners' (surely winners ?).

I'll be watching the first half of the bumsniffers game at Cardiff, before watching City at Stoke. Let's hope Ricardo and his trusty bike have made it to Stoke. He tells me that when he was a young lad he would bowl along to home games with his hoop and stick, until some c*** nicked it, and he had to walk all the way home. 😉

• Like 1

Jesus, there's been some shocking misses in the Wolves v Coventry game 

• Like 2

In the battle of the Taffs, Swansea take the lead. A defeat there for Cardiff would put a big dent into their late dash for the playoffs.

Now let's see the Boro have their hopes dented as well.

As much as I hate Wolves, it has to be said they have been done by VAR yet again, twice. They say they have cameras everywhere yet the BBC camera was the only one that wasn’t inconclusive. Then the Wolves player caught in the penalty area, that didn’t get a penalty as he refused to fall over.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

On the downside, Ally McCoist is providing 'expert' analysis. Suggest viewing with the sound off. 

"No doot aboot that" 

OMFG what a game.

Coventry were excellent and deserve their trip to Wembley. Let's hope it's the only one!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

OMFG what a game.

Coventry were excellent and deserve their trip to Wembley. Let's hope it's the only one!

Great game.  Well done Coventry. Cup excitement still exists. Good Watch👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

In the battle of the Taffs, Swansea take the lead. A defeat there for Cardiff would put a big dent into their late dash for the playoffs.

Now let's see the Boro have their hopes dented as well.

Cardiff beaten, meanwhile back home the bumsiffers trail 0-6 to Italy, however there's still another 65 mins to go, so....

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It can be done. I know I bang on about this, but I'd really like us to have a proper go at the FA Cup, playing the first team, aiming for a decent run in the competition. Obviously sometimes you're unlucky and get Liverpool (a), but as Coventry have proved today, if you're a Championship team good enough to compete for the play-offs, getting to a Wembley semi-final is a a realistic goal. Really pleased for them - and a bit jealous.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Scum winning 2-0, Leeds playing later.

24 hours later.

FA Cup 1/4 Final - MNC vs NEW

Simon Hooper doing bent referee stuff 

OK incompetence …. Benefit of the Doubt

3 hours ago, RobJames said:

Cardiff beaten, meanwhile back home the bumsiffers trail 0-6 to Italy, however there's still another 65 mins to go, so....

And Boro dropping a couple of points, so suggesting it is now one from four for sixth place. We did what was asked, with another boost to our goal difference. No need for catching up, that is for the other three.

Coventry looked awesome earlier, but the cup 'might' be a distraction. Preston will need two wins more to overhaul us (GD). Nothing much changed, only one less game for others to catch us

And well one Italy, no longer the Six Nations whipping boys

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Gonna be some points haul for the top two this season. 

Hadn't really noticed this before, but looks like it will be some kind of record for the team in third missing out.

Just now, BigFish said:

Hadn't really noticed this before, but looks like it will be some kind of record for the team in third missing out.

Yeah for sure, not impossible for 3rd place to miss out on 100 pts. How absolutely awful would that be if it happened to Ipswich 🙈

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

90 apparently, Sunderland in 98, and they didn't go up. Fingers crossed.

19 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Gonna be some points haul for the top two this season. 

And a projected 72 points for 6th place - which is based on 38 games (Hull)

That has not changed since after Xmas, the suggested points total varying between 70-73 points, one game depending each time.

4 wins and a couple of draws out of our last 8 should see us in the playoffs, but there's always Boro, Blackburn and QPR to trip us up

However I doubt anyone, not even me☺️, would have us where we are now back in Nov when we were 17th

I've now shifted up another gear to - dare to expect