4 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Oh dear someone's a little tetchy tonight, you should listen to what one of your 'legends' has to say. Even Huckerboy know we are good. sweet dreams flower x

Couldn’t care less what he thinks - luck can easily change.  Rotherham were unlucky a couple of games ago, now Bristol - you’ll not be seen for dust when it runs out.

I hardly think laughing at a plastic binner amounts to 'tetchy' and Huckerbys appraisals negates that 11 point lead you had either. Both of us are far nearer to the playoffs than we were in December. But good to see you defer to us for comfort.

40 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Yep, 6 wins in a row now for the mentally weak team from down the road, all lucky of course.

Keep blubbing away about it all being down to 'luck' though Jim, it gets funner each time! 

It was funny on Saturday.

On the way back home and we stopped in the Thetford Mackies. Whilst in there 5 of your hard kids were throwing loads of threats at me, being very brave 5 on 1. They decided it would be a good idea to follow me outside, telling me how they were going to kick the s*** out of me. To be fair I could probably have dealt with them myself, but there were a few of the lads outside. One of them p***** himself when he realised what they had walked into. Now that was what you call mentally weak.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I have never seen a team win so many games undeservedly through such amounts of luck. Truly sickening and makes you fear it may be their year. I’ve watched them quite a lot and every time they spawn a win somehow. Sadly the sort of believe it brings, coupled with runs of easy fixtures to maintain momentum, is powerful.

This could have been lifted off the TWTD forum towards the end of those two successful Championship seasons under Farke. We had plenty of ‘ luck ‘ then. We’ve had our share of days in the sun and not every team gets them as regularly as we do.

The whole shebang is cyclical anyway. There’s more to life than beating ourselves up too much over football.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 2

binners have won 28 points from losing positions this season.

About time we do this ourselves in these coming weeks, and then again against those scum in the play off final  🙂

I loathe Ipswich as much as anyone but 28 points from losing positions is spectacular.

I would grudgingly say that it is not luck if they keep doing it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

There used to be a Pink Un crank called City 1st on here.

I wonder what happened to him/her ?

Hides in plain sight all over the board 😁

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

binners have won 28 points from losing positions this season.

About time we do this ourselves in these coming weeks, and then again against those scum in the play off final  🙂

We have done! Repeatedly!

IMG_6085.jpeg

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, A K Narey said:

I loathe Ipswich as much as anyone but 28 points from losing positions is spectacular.

I would grudgingly say that it is not luck if they keep doing it.

Yep, this. Much as I detest them, and get irritated by the little bawbags coming on here to rile us up, it's not luck. It has a lot of parallels with both our Lambert era and especially our Farke era, when our fitness and self-belief would almost make late goals a fait accompli as the opposition knew what was coming as much as we believed it was going to happen.

It's also reminiscent of our Lambert/Farke eras in as much as you look through the squad list and there are no 'big names' in there, and plenty of hungry players who have worked their way up to this level and achieved beyond their perceived ceiling due to being in the right place, at the right time, under the right coach.

Momentum is an incredibly powerful entity, and it works in both directions. If they do go up, that momentum is highly likely to stall as they get sucked into the Burnley/Sheffield United/Luton vortex. And if they don't, it's likely that McKenna will go elsewhere along with a couple of their best players.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This could have been lifted off the TWTD forum towards the end of those two successful Championship seasons under Farke. We had plenty of ‘ luck ‘ then. We’ve had our share of days in the sun and not every team gets them as regularly as we do.

The whole shebang is cyclical anyway. There’s more to life than beating ourselves up too much over football.

Exactly this. I do remember our defence being awful and yet somehow the team just never gave up under Farke and we always seemed to somehow grab a lafe winner out of nowhere.

Sadly the binners do seem to rather be replicating that.

Posted (edited)

I do not know why any of us should respond to the binner baby other than two words:

Maidstone United.

He clearly has little going on in his life other than his football and is obviously a bit of a dimwit.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Just a shame what with Hull dropping pts last night all some on here can talk about is Ipswich!

We could both go up...

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, this. Much as I detest them, and get irritated by the little bawbags coming on here to rile us up, it's not luck. It has a lot of parallels with both our Lambert era and especially our Farke era, when our fitness and self-belief would almost make late goals a fait accompli as the opposition knew what was coming as much as we believed it was going to happen.

It's also reminiscent of our Lambert/Farke eras in as much as you look through the squad list and there are no 'big names' in there, and plenty of hungry players who have worked their way up to this level and achieved beyond their perceived ceiling due to being in the right place, at the right time, under the right coach.

Momentum is an incredibly powerful entity, and it works in both directions. If they do go up, that momentum is highly likely to stall as they get sucked into the Burnley/Sheffield United/Luton vortex. And if they don't, it's likely that McKenna will go elsewhere along with a couple of their best players.

A very sensible post. I don't actually come on here to wind people up, believe it or not. At the start of the season I was genuinely interested in reasonable debate and managed it with a few posters but then got bored with the 5-10 other posters that would chip in with "f-off Binner etc". every time.

More recently I have just countered some on the utter nonsence that is posted on here. Every time we win it is apparently lucky and every time we draw or lose we are  "bottle jobs" or "mentally weak". It should be clear to anybody with a half a brain that this Ipswich team is about as far removed from those descriptions as you can possibly get, and yet such is the quality at the top of the divsion we may still miss out. What ever happens now I know our team with never give up and will never be bottlers.

I agree with everything you have said above and if we do go up it will be a season of struggle, lots of defeats and a few hammerings. But as you say if we dont make it there is a very good chance the Mckenna will be poached. Whatever happens I think it is going to be an exciting end to the season for both our clubs and the Derby is looking like it will be huge. Bring it on, I say.

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

It was funny on Saturday.

On the way back home and we stopped in the Thetford Mackies. Whilst in there 5 of your hard kids were throwing loads of threats at me, being very brave 5 on 1. They decided it would be a good idea to follow me outside, telling me how they were going to kick the s*** out of me. To be fair I could probably have dealt with them myself, but there were a few of the lads outside. One of them p***** himself when he realised what they had walked into. Now that was what you call mentally weak.

Cool Story Bro.

24 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

A very sensible post. I don't actually come on here to wind people up, believe it or not. At the start of the season I was genuinely interested in reasonable debate and managed it with a few posters but then got bored with the 5-10 other posters that would chip in with "f-off Binner etc". every time.

More recently I have just countered some on the utter nonsence that is posted on here. Every time we win it is apparently lucky and every time we draw or lose we are  "bottle jobs" or "mentally weak". It should be clear to anybody with a half a brain that this Ipswich team is about as far removed from those descriptions as you can possibly get, and yet such is the quality at the top of the divsion we may still miss out. What ever happens now I know our team with never give up and will never be bottlers.

I agree with everything you have said above and if we do go up it will be a season of struggle, lots of defeats and a few hammerings. But as you say if we dont make it there is a very good chance the Mckenna will be poached. Whatever happens I think it is going to be an exciting end to the season for both our clubs and the Derby is looking like it will be huge. Bring it on, I say.

You are not entitled to any civility if you post on the forum of your bitter rivals. We've had a few blues on here over the years who have been genuinely fair-minded and non-confrontational, and even they got a lot of dog's abuse from some of our posters. Tough sh*t, it goes with the territory. I would never want to post on an ITFC forum, but if I did, I'd expect pelters no matter how civil I was.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Nonsense!

Why suddenly come on here if other than to gloat? "Reasonable debate," my ar-se!

This is not your territory. Go away you are an unwelcome trespasser. 

Why?

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You are not entitled to any civility if you post on the forum of your bitter rivals. We've had a few blues on here over the years who have been genuinely fair-minded and non-confrontational, and even they got a lot of dog's abuse from some of our posters. Tough sh*t, it goes with the territory. I would never want to post on an ITFC forum, but if I did, I'd expect pelters no matter how civil I was.

Fair do's. I keep forgetting some people take the rivalry ( and football in general ) far too seriously. I guess I did too when I was younger but have mellowed much with age. I will await the outcome of tonights games with much interest, it is starting to feel like destiny to me that we meet in the play-offs, wont that be fun!

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Nonsense!

Why suddenly come on here if other than to gloat? "Reasonable debate," my ar-se!

This is not your territory. Go away you are an unwelcome trespasser. 

Why?

Because I'm interested in the NCFC perspective as well as our own. Quite simple.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Fair do's. I keep forgetting some people take the rivalry ( and football in general ) far too seriously. I guess I did too when I was younger but have mellowed much with age. I will await the outcome of tonights games with much interest, it is starting to feel like destiny to me that we meet in the play-offs, wont that be fun!

Age? Then you were around when we were flying high in recent seasons, and you were stuck in L.1.? That's a surprise revelation. Where were you with your reasonable debate then?

You make little sense. 

Go away.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Obviously it's the same on both sides of the divide. I'm in my mid-40s and I hate Ipswich as much now as ever, it's just the way I'm wired. I've got friends and family who are ITFC fans and obviously it doesn't cloud my judgement of them as people, but I hate the club with what I recognise is an unhealthy intensity.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll get some decent chat on here if you remain conciliatory and are prepared to ignore the haters... but if you keep talking down to people and adopting a confrontational tone then you deserve all the stick you get!

47 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Yeah, I'm gonna defend this fella and say that anyone, binner or not, who engages in reasoned debate should be welcomed. Sometimes it's nice to have a different perspective.

8 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

It would indeed be absolutely hilarious if Ipswich reached 100 points, finished third, and lost to us in the playoff semis. It isn't actually beyond the realms of possibility with the form that Leeds and Ipswich are in.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If someone displays the qualities you mention then why are they not entitled to 'civility'? I find that very strange. You can still have healthy banter even with a bit of an 'edge' but retain 'civility'.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

If someone displays the qualities you mention then why are they not entitled to 'civility'? I find that very strange. You can still have healthy banter even with a bit of an 'edge' but retain 'civility'.  

I'd be civil, but not everyone would. This is the reality of the internet.

21 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

15 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Age? Then you were around when we were flying high in recent seasons, and you were stuck in L.1.? That's a surprise revelation. Where were you for with reasonable debate then?

You make little sense. 

Go away.

Broadstairs R makes a valid point that Ipswich fans only pop up on here when the good times roll and I'm surprised we haven't seen Chris Makin come crawling out of the woodwork recently. That said you lot on TWTD would probably be glad if he emigrated permanently given his popularity on there.

What really p*sses me off is our moderators are quite happy for Ipswich fans to openly post on here but TWTD don't reciprocate. I know of only three openly Norwich supporters on there who seem to be grudgingly tolerated. Why is this ? Are Gav and Phil that thin skinned ?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Broadstairs R makes a valid point that Ipswich fans only pop up on here when the good times roll and I'm surprised we haven't seen Chris Makin come crawling out of the woodwork recently. That said you lot on TWTD would probably be glad if he emigrated permanently given his popularity on there.

What really p*sses me off is our moderators are quite happy for Ipswich fans to openly post on here but TWTD don't reciprocate. I know of only three openly Norwich supporters on there who seem to be grudgingly tolerated. Why is this ? Are Gav and Phil that thin skinned ?

I've been banned from TWTD three times when I just couldn't resist😂 One of them was a suggestion they call the samaritans on 414141 or 515151. No sense of humour some people. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

41 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Because I'm interested in the NCFC perspective as well as our own. Quite simple.

utter bollox

Whatever happens tonight I will not think the first thing to look at is the drivel on the bin board.....moments after the final whistle

Your fans obsession with is well known, but I would have thought any comment you had on the game would be posted among your own sort, not here and if you are interested in what we say, fine, but that thought is not reciprocated

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Fwiw, I think you're the only sensible binner that I've seen posting on here. Just speaking personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with a thoughtful rival on this board, though you're probably going to have to accept that a bit of 'F off binner' is going to come with the territory.

Obviously we're all pretty appalled by your success this season, especially as it's coincided with us being in a bit of a slump. So a certain amount of denial among our support is to be expected. It's amazing that you've managed to keep pace with the relegated clubs, and while it definitely sticks in the throat to say it, it's been pretty impressive.

So here's to you getting 92 points, missing out on automatic promotion on goal difference and losing to our ragtag brand of chaos ball in the playoffs even though we finished 20 points behind you. On the ball, City.

Edited by Robert N. LiM

It’s not luck that they continue to score late goals. As I’ve said, that comes from momentum and belief. We had it under Lambert and Farke where I’d expect us to score late if a game was in the balance as we kept going and it’s why it’s no longer a surprise when the sc*m score late at the moment. 

What i think is lucky though is the sheer amount of deflected goals they get, the amount of sitters the opposition seem to miss or times they hit the woodwork, the lack of injuries to key players they’ve had (aside from Hirst) and the way the fixtures have fallen which has allowed them to build momentum at key points in the season. They were the only team who didn’t play Leicester in the first half of the season when they were red hot, they played Southampton when they were at their lowest ebb and now, they are in the middle of a two month run of games against teams who are all lower half sides but also who are all generally in appalling form. I know you can only beat what’s in front of you and to be fair they are very efficient at it (but like that Watford side with Deeney who never beat anyone top 6 but ruthlessly beat anyone outside of it) but it does help your season when you can build momentum (as indeed we have done to a lesser degree of late) by not facing anyone decent or in form for long spells. They had a similar run in the first part of the season also and really had all their difficult games in one spell in the middle of the season where they unsurprisingly had a slump. 

I still think back to that Sunderland v Sc*m game on the first day of the season where Sunderland should have absolutely stuffed them but somehow contrived to lose. That was really important in my view as it preserved their momentum from promotion. Sunderland missed some unbelievable chances in that game.

So whilst I accept you make your own luck to a degree, I maintain they’ve had done huge slices of fortune this season. The ominous thing is that these sorts of things do tend to go your way in promotion seasons. Let’s hope that is not the case with them and they suffer some bad luck in the remainder of the season, including at Carrow Road. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've been banned from TWTD three times when I just couldn't resist😂 One of them was a suggestion they call the samaritans on 414141 or 515151. No sense of humour some people. 

I have an account on TWATTED that I created in 2016 but I don’t remember ever posting on there. 

Just checked out Hull's 'goal' from last night; as blatant a handball as it gets. About 2.42 in