It's because they " gave it ago " by signing players. And Burnley have Manchester City's Vincent Kompany in charge so are bulletproof. 

The narrative will come for them, eventually. If we all try really hard, we can remove non-elite clubs from the top level forever 

That stuff was always fabricated mumbo jumbo, and it was amazing how neutrals/other clubs’ fans (and an agenda-addled section of our own’s) sucked up and regurgitated their spew

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

It's because they " gave it ago " by signing players. And Burnley have Manchester City's Vincent Kompany in charge so are bulletproof. 

The upset is that City didn't wreck themselves as so many others below us have done. The thought is that they'll be another mug club along so entertain us for a season or too with the delusion about 'consolidating', before imploding under a mountain of unsustainable debt.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RobJames said:

The upset is that City didn't wreck themselves as so many others below us have done. The thought is that they'll be another mug club along so entertain us for a season or too with the delusion about 'consolidating', before imploding under a mountain of unsustainable debt.

Actually we're in a complete mess financially. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

That stuff was always fabricated mumbo jumbo, and it was amazing how neutrals/other clubs’ fans (and an agenda-addled section of our own’s) sucked up and regurgitated their spew

Still think this had a massive effect on our latest prem run.

The media had us relegated before a ball was kicked, you can't tell me that players had not read twitter etc and already had a low morale before they lined up against kloppy or pep.

It's disgusting really 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Still think this had a massive effect on our latest prem run.

The media had us relegated before a ball was kicked, you can't tell me that players had not read twitter etc and already had a low morale before they lined up against kloppy or pep.

It's disgusting really 

Didn't really help that Farke himself came out and said that he told the players he knew we would lose in many matches but to try and play well anyway prior to matches of course..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

At no stage that season did we hint of surviving really.

We also have a legacy of debt through the wage bill, Covid and Attanasio loans. Worst of both worlds and hardly a well run club at the moment.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Didn't really help that Farke himself came out and said that he told the players he knew we would lose in many matches but to try and play well anyway prior to matches of course..

When you send him to war with a saucepan and a teapot then what did you expect?

Posted (edited)

Further to this, you wait until the Binners go up.

Media darlings with the sports media grabbing onto Bobby Robson & the 1066 Euro run... 
Talking about a sleeping giant and all the usual ****.

Makes you want to vomit 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

11 hours ago, The Raptor said:

They employ Alan Brazil. Their opinion on Norwich is as irrelevant as sootys

I'm amazed that Alan Brazil is still alive, already looked like a major heart attack waiting to happen about a decade ago.

Quite frankly, I don't care what they say, any of them, as long as the bank manager is happy.

Do a Luton, who I believe spent about £15m on half a dozen relatively cheap signings, and hope for the best.

More chance of retaining players like Sara and Sargent and then adding to them with the parachute windfall.

Play the system like many others do in various ways.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I'm amazed that Alan Brazil is still alive, already looked like a major heart attack waiting to happen about a decade ago.

This is what living on a diet of chips, pies, booze and cheap cigarettes will do to you

EK4NlmPXYAApAYB.jpg:large

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

For him to not tell the players they aren’t good enough to compete and expect to lose maybe? You’d never have heard such a defeatist attitude from Walker, Worthy, Lambert Neil or even Hughton (as negative as he was)

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is what living on a diet of chips, pies, booze and cheap cigarettes will do to you

EK4NlmPXYAApAYB.jpg:large

I told my wife that she looked like Alan Brazil when she came back from a jog.

She proceeded to google Alan Brazil.

Was making my own tea for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, The Raptor said:

They employ Alan Brazil. Their opinion on Norwich is as irrelevant as sootys

Why bring me into it? 🤪

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

For him to not tell the players they aren’t good enough to compete and expect to lose maybe? You’d never have heard such a defeatist attitude from Walker, Worthy, Lambert Neil or even Hughton (as negative as he was)

I dont think he said that before the campaign was done, thats being put out of context. 

24 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Some soup and a nice cup of tea.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If only he'd plumped for expensive cigarettes he would have been fine

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Some soup and a nice cup of tea.

That was more dean Smith's set up 

11 hours ago, RobJames said:

Burnley did far better than us financially before their American takeover. 

11 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Exactly, it was red meat for the perennially hard of thinking.

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Actually we're in a complete mess financially. 

Yes - it is amazing how many miss the extent to which we "gave it a go" during the last relegation. We had one of the highest ever wage bills of a relegated team and spent tens of millions that we didn't have. After years of being told we needed to be "more ambitious" and spend money we don't have, they have completely ignored the abject failure that resulted from such a policy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Yes - it is amazing how many miss the extent to which we "gave it a go" during the last relegation. We had one of the highest ever wage bills of a relegated team and spent tens of millions that we didn't have. After years of being told we needed to be "more ambitious" and spend money we don't have, they have completely ignored the abject failure that resulted from such a policy.

Ah but, they say, we just spent it on the wrong sort of players - we still didn't give it a proper go! 😉 

Actually, if my calculations are correct, the money we'll owe Attanasio et al at the end of this season, will probably be on a par with the money "lost" during the Covid season. So there is an argument we didn't really spend more than we had, just still recovering from the lockdown. 

There's food for thought, for some? 😉 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Badger said:

Yep, we tried it and it didn't pay off. Which was always the risk. We could have spent another £80 million and the odds would have still had us more likely to get relegated than not.

We basically done what a load of fans had demanded for 15 years or so, it didn't work and the same people slate the club for it. 

The only saving grace is that a few were loans, we got our money back or close to it on a couple of them because they weren't terrible buys (they just didn't work for us), and of course we're hugely thankful for the Sargent signing right now, who I suspect we would have never stood a chance of signing as a Championship club.

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Ah but, they say, we just spent it on the wrong sort of players - we still didn't give it a proper go! 😉 

Actually, if my calculations are correct, the money we'll owe Attanasio et al at the end of this season, will probably be on a par with the money "lost" during the Covid season. So there is an argument we didn't really spend more than we had, just still recovering from the lockdown. 

There's food for thought, for some? 😉 

Yes, I remember the charge was also that we couldn't compete because we "wouldn't pay the wages" - there were whole threads on it! The accounts show we spent £50 million more on wages than Brentford - £118 million to £68.2 million - but still the wages/ lack of ambition myth exists.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The only saving grace is that a few were loans, we got our money back or close to it on a couple of them because they weren't terrible buys (they just didn't work for us), and of course we're hugely thankful for the Sargent signing right now, who I suspect we would have never stood a chance of signing as a Championship club.

Yes despite all the stick that Webber gets, a lot of his purchases look pretty good in the long term - Gunn, Sargent + Tzolis is having a great season this year. It was the more established/ better known "star buys" that really let us down - Rashica, Gilmour, Williams, Kabak.

• Like 2