cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Rovers V Canaries*

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How do we go from some of the best football we have seen all season in the past two to looking like we are trying to avoid getting relegated?

Wow, way to go to show what a tulip you are.  There’s two sides out there and it’s not only what we do that matters.

Ill settle for sitting in 7th going into the final quarter of the season - it looked like that would’ve been a pipedream a couple of months ago.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Blackburn looked poor but we hardly bothered them, can’t think of many (any? I fell asleep for a bit lol) open play shots on target?

Their keeper closed Sargent and Fassnacht down well. Sargent got a shot off, Fass failed to take the ball round him. That was about it, iirc.

I know il probably get caned for this but we missed Barnes, more to the point Barnes/Sarge from the start today, the intensity those two bring when starting seems to inspire the rest, seems one without the other just doesnt work, Sarge had I think one decent chance all game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Its like i daid before I have complete apathy he can take us forward. Beat Hull, fail to beat qpr, beat cardiff, looking unlikely to beat Blackburn. 

We're further adrift of the top 6 if.it stays like.this

He seems to intent in putting McLean in that he brings unnecessary pressure, as a ball playing centre half he doesn't need to drop deep, as a defensive midfielder or whatever he's supposed to be he drop between the centre and draws pressure that's not needed.

Either play him as a centre half or stop him from dropping and we then don't have to play so deep.

That game screamed SvH and then he makes the subs he did.

Just now, Spillay said:

I know il probably get caned for this but we missed Barnes, more to the point Barnes/Sarge from the start today, the intensity those two bring when starting seems to inspire the rest, seems one without the other just doesnt work, Sarge had I think one decent chance all game.

No, I think that's fair. By the time Barnes came on, Sarge looked knackered. But Barnes did create one half chance for him in that time.

1 minute ago, Spillay said:

No thanks, what we really missed was McLean at the back, he far better and more effective there than Hanley or Gibson!

• Like 3

Up to 7th mind! 

But without Nunez, oh dear. Pray tonight it was just a tweak rather than a snap. 

Didn't look very sharp up front today, thought we had some excellent opportunities that we would have taken last week.

A point away is alright, keeps the unbeaten run going as well.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Get the feeling that if we don't finish in the top six it'll be partly down to our awful away form

Definitely the case that if we don't win enough games we won't get enough points.

• Haha 5

I know that a point away from home is always a half decent result but this one does feel like 2 points dropped.

Still, if we win next weekend...

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Get the feeling that if we don't finish in the top six it'll be partly down to our awful away form

"Feeling". Can't you ever be more assertive with your opinions? 😆

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Up to 7th mind! 

But without Nunez, oh dear. Pray tonight it was just a tweak rather than a snap. 

I thought it looked high for a hammy - it was pretty innocuous but injuries often are.

Just now, Indy said:

No thanks, what we really missed was McLean at the back, he far better and more effective there than Hanley or Gibson!

Yep cant disagree Indy and now Nunez is out for god knows how long, unlikely we'l see him back there anytime soon, but you cant deny the Barnes/Sarge partnership has yielded a LOT of wins/goals when those 2 are playing together

Got to be honest.. I know we’ve beaten both recently, but West Brom and especially Hull have more than us overall and we’re still and outside chance for top six IMO. Losing Rowe and now Nunez will cost us sadly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

This has been proven to be an effective position for McLean and the team. I wish he would stick with it.

Other results went pretty well for us. 

Hull v West Brom draw.

Boro, Watford and Sunderland all lost and look out of it now.

Shame we couldn’t get the win.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well yes, obviously lol

• Haha 3

Scrappy game.

Obviously would have been helpful to win considering other results went our way, but remember Blackburn have a new manager and are harder to beat under Eustace. 1 win, 3 draws and 1 defeat under him now, and only conceded 5 goals in 5 games. 

Not a complete disaster.

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Got to be honest.. I know we’ve beaten both recently, but West Brom and especially Hull have more than us overall and we’re still and outside chance for top six IMO. Losing Rowe and now Nunez will cost us sadly. 

More what exactly? 

Fully fit would you genuinely swap our squad for either of theirs? Answers no for me.

Only thing they’ve got more of overall IMO is points.

Do you think there’s an actual physical tombola or Wagner uses or some sort of tombola app?

3 minutes ago, Spillay said:

Yep cant disagree Indy and now Nunez is out for god knows how long, unlikely we'l see him back there anytime soon, but you cant deny the Barnes/Sarge partnership has yielded a LOT of wins/goals when those 2 are playing together

I’m not sure it’s as effective as people make out, Sarah & Rowe have gained us lots of points! Barnes was decent in the first 5 games after that fell off a cliff in form and even worse after his injury! Bar a 20 Minute off the bench decent performance he’s just trying to thug up the opposition and some of our fans like that I don’t! He’s a bit part player with his best way behind him, there’s no way our club should be reliant on such a player, just my opinion, I’d much rather see us building for the future and blooding VH.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

At lease Szmodics didn't score against us for the first time in a while. 

Positives!

Annoying that they are said to have only paid £1.5m for him, and he's from Colchester so clearly would have chosen us over them.

For a while it felt like we were first in the queue for the Peterborough talent but Webber was too stubborn to be conventional.

Drury. McKenzie, Bennett etc.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe